Pivot Table not sorting correctly

In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled
exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is
displayed seperately.  I followed the same exact procedure for this table as
I have for the others that I displayed correctly.  What causes those lines to
be displayed on separate lines?
0
Marian (11)

Perhaps some of the entries have space characters at the end, and others
don't.

Marian wrote:
> In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled
> exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is
> displayed seperately.  I followed the same exact procedure for this table as
> I have for the others that I displayed correctly.  What causes those lines to
> be displayed on separate lines?

0
dsd1 (5911)

Sort cells and "Place in this document"-hyperlinks
Dear group, I am using a table with multiple columns that are used as a database. Each column is one data entry. I am having some hyperlinks that point from one data entry (i.e. column) to another inside the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, when I perform a sort of the columns, these hyperlinks remain pointing to the previous location inside the sheet, i.e. to the wrong column after the sort. How do I solve this, i.e. how I make Excel understand that these hyperlinks need to be updated while sorting the table? Thank you for any advice Tom Better to see so send to me if you like at dguille...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Tables

Protecting a Worksheet but ability to Sort
Does anyone know if you can protect a worksheet so other users cannot change the contents of the cells, but still allow them to sort the worksheet? I have tried everything to get this to work, but to no avail. Thank you, Toni Maybe you could put a button from the forms toolbar on the worksheet. Assign a macro to that button that 1. unprotects the worksheet 2. sorts the data 3. reprotects the worksheet Toni wrote: > > Does anyone know if you can protect a worksheet so other > users cannot change the contents of the cells, but still > allow them to sort the worksheet?...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Watch that corrective package that came from M$ Corporation
--vsbeimudrdnda Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mjdwbbhmzzkva"; type="multipart/alternative" --mjdwbbhmzzkva Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tplytimbaohm" --tplytimbaohm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

Please post this thread a correct full method, method about
Nast Runsome Customer Service Microsoft Corporation Subject: Please post this thread a correct full method, method about text-hovering in Microsoft Office Excel 2003. Dear, Customer Service: Please post this thread a correct full method, method about text-hovering in Microsoft Office Excel 2003. Drawing of .xls sheet in the Excel: ---------------------------------- A | B | C | D | E | F | G | I | J | K | L | M | N | | This is | | These are drawing of the .xls sheet in the Excel and and Above C column's all texts (C All Texts): This is example of the text-hovering hiding unhovering te...

Duplicate Discover Accounts (corrected message)
About 6 weeks ago and before notifying me Discover issued me a new account # (due to security reasons). First I knew of it was when I downloaded transactions, and it created a new card account with those transactions. Then I went back to my previous card account, and changed the settings so that the card # matched my new account. Tonight when I went on line to Discover, it downloaded the transactions back into the new account it had created. The only way I can get data into the new account is to download the data from the Discover site when logged on in my web browser (I know that will be...

Sort with header rows
Using Excel 2000 I have a table to sort, but the top three rows are all header rows. This prevents me from using the Data | Sort option because the "header row" option only eliminates the first row from the sort. All I know to do is select all the rows in the table that need to be sorted and then use the Data | Sort option and check the "no header row" box. This gets cumbersome when there are hundreds of rows in the table to include in the sort and only three rows in the table to exclude from the sort. Any ideas? Bonnie, Add in an empty column into your data and ta...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...