Pivot Table calc difference between two rows of data

In a pivot table that has just two rows of data I would like to
calculate the difference between the two rows (row1 - row2) for all
the columns.

One thing I tried was to select a cell in the Grand Total row, right
click and select Value Field Settings then enter Custom Name "Diff".
Then in the Show Value As tab, select Difference From and "row1" and
ok.
the data in rwo1 is now blank, row2 is is not what I expect and the
grand total is blank.

So I apparently dont have a clue about this and need to be pointed in
the right direction.

Excel 2007
Plot row differences.
Two ways.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mommwnenzvm/11_02_09.xlsx

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Data Validation List from different sheet
In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads its data from a different sheet? thanks M As responsed in .misc: Use a defined range as the source for the DV. Then you can. p/s: Pl refrain from multi-posting -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,500 Files:365 Subscribers:65 xdemechanik --- "Michelle" <mh_london@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:64efb54d-21fb-49c2-a9cd-ebad7e1fd7df@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > > In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads > its data from a different...

Pivot Tables

Comparing data between two columns
I have a worksheet with two columns that I need to compare data between. I need to see what is different between one column and the next. There are number and letter values in the column and about 180+ rows. The information is scattered throughout the cells so there is no way to filter and check row by row. The columns look like this: July April MP123456789 MP555555559 MP987654321 MP666 H1258 MP789456123 MP00000 H89 MP987123654 MP123456789 I need something that would tell me that all of the above valu...

Deliver new mail to two different .pst files.

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy
In on domain i have problem with one user. If i sen i mail to that user i get the folowing error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ******* Sent: 4.7.2005 10:42 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ******* ****** on 4.7.2005 10:42 A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. Contact your administrator. <exchange.domain.local #5.1.4> And i get the error in event log : vent T...

Different Error Bars for Each Point
How do I make separate/different y-error bar for each data point in Excel 2003. As far as I can tell it isn't possible, but it would be a life saver if someone could help me out. For example... point A needs a +- of 2.7, but point B needs a +- of 3.2. And so on... Scroll about halfway down, to the section called Custom Error Bar Values: Error Bars in Excel Charts - http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html or if you're stuck with Excel 2007: Error Bars in Excel 2007 - http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Te...

join multiple pivot tables?

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Data validation and empty cells
range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,operator:=xlBetween How to avoid empty entries in drop down box if some of cell from A1:A7 are empty? Thanks Sort A1:A7 so that the empties are at the bottom and use =OFFSET($A$1,,,COUNT($A$1:$A$7),1) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Kris" <witek7205@spam.gazeta.pl.invalid> wrote in message news:do75sd$8a4$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= > "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,oper...

Converting Year to Date Data to Month to Date
I have the following problem: I havea production table of all my agents the production comes in as a download each month but it is in Year to date totals. I would like to know how I change the data so that it is showing month to date production. i have changed the data to cross tab with the date as the column headings. The I created a select query and subtracted Jan from Feb to get the Feb production. I need to get this data in a normalized table formate with the Production date in one column and the monthly production in a second column. Thanks in advance for any help Use a subq...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Help on Custom Data Validation
Dear NG, What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! Regards, Jon-jon Hi Try =A1="" as your formula in Data Validation for A2 Hope this helps. -- Andy. "JON JON" <conrado_capistranoREMOVE@msn.com> wrote in message news:u$85VgfJEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear NG, > > What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is > empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! > > Regards, > > Jon-jon > > Hi Jon I woul...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...