Pivot Chart Formatting #5

How can I format a Pivot Chart and keep the customized format when refreshed?

This is a known issue by Microsoft.
Short answer, you can't do it. =(

One possible work around is to record a macro of you setting the formatting
of the chart, and then set it up so that the macro runs whenever the chart
calculates.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Germeny Santos" wrote:

> How can I format a Pivot Chart and keep the customized format when refreshed?
0
LukeM (202)
2/24/2009 9:06:02 PM
Hi,

This is dependent on what custom formatting you are refering to.  There are
work arounds for some of the problems.

One work around is to purchase 2007, this problem has been fixed in most
areas, however there are still workarounds for 2003.

As mentioned you can record a macro which does your custom formatting and
then run it from the

Private Sub Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate(ByVal Target As PivotTable)

End Sub

event macro.

If this helps please click the Yes button.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Germeny Santos" wrote:

> How can I format a Pivot Chart and keep the customized format when refreshed?

Pivot Tables #4

How To Open Chart Wizard Dialog on Excel 2003
Hi All, I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code my code is the follow excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30); where excel = new Excel.Application mode = xlDialogChartWizard missing = System.Type.Missing; show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog Help me pls Thx in Advance Hi, I don't know a thing about C#, but why not exclude the Show arguments? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "VeNoMiS" wrote: > Hi All, > I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code > > my code is the follow > >...

Pivot Table Counting

Margins format
hi, i have a document in 2007 where users pasted different pieces including Excel tables. How do i bring them all to a single margin format as some pages are wider than the others? i tried the format brush tool but it did not work Thank you , -- ______ Regards, Greg In Page Setup, you can set the margins for "Whole document," which will take care of the margins even if the document contains more than one section. It will not, however, affect the width of existing tables. What you'll need to do for those is to set the table width (Table tab of Table Prop...

Pivot Tables

"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)
I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color) but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder how many autoformatting rules are in the view? Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but u...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

chart template problems
When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style and marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved chart template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas?? ...

join multiple pivot tables?

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation #5
Hi, I have some people at Earthlink email addresses complaining that their email to users on my Exchange 2003 are bouncing back with the following error: > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: > > user@mydomain.com > SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: > host mail.mydomain.com [my IP Address]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: > exceeded storage allocation However there are no restricitons on the mailboxes and at the most I have it set so...

Crashing when finishing charts
Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Excel where whenever (almost every single time) I try to finish a chart (click the finish button), Excel freezes and I lose all of my progress. Sometimes this happens when I am still in the process of picking my chart options. Has anyone else had this problem? I've had this problem for a while and have since reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Excel, but the problem still persists. I am running Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6408) SP1 on a Windows XP machine. Please help, Thank you! wruwtrix :confused: -- wruwtrix -------------...

Conditional formatting and then counting specifics within it.
I have a work book that can have up to 100 sheets within it. An example of a sheet is:- Col B Col F Col N Col AM Col AN Col AO Col AP Test 1 12/03/03 1 01/01/03 31/03/03 01/01/02 31/03/02 Test 2 01/01/03 5 01/04/03 31/08/03 01/04/02 31/08/02 Test 3 01/09/03 2 01/09/03 31/12/03 01/09/02 31/12/02 Test 4 12/12/03 2 Test 5 14/04/03 3 Test 6 12/03/03 1 Column B hold a name. Column F holds a date of birth. Column N hold a number in the range 1 to 5. Columns AM to AP are start and end dates for current year and previous year for specific periods in the format dd/mm/yy. I have used 3 Conditiona...

Bar Chart Comparison
I'm having difficulties setting up some comparison charts. I have 2 groups I want to compare (Planned and Actual work days) and (Planned and Actual review days). Heres the way the data is layed out: Production Development Days Difference ________________________________________________________ Planned Co Review Days 864 33 Actaul Co Review Days 897 Planned Co Development Days 585 327 Actaul Co Development Days 912 Can you point me in the right direction for setting up a comparison of Review Days (planned and actual) and Development Days (planned and actual)? Everytime I m...

Charting flood data
Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? Never heard of Extreme log paper or a Gumbel chart, but based on the definition of the Gumbel distribution at Mathworld http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GumbelDistribution.html I presume that it plots ln(-ln(y)) vs. x That is not a chart option in Excel, but you can calculate ln(-ln(y)) in a separate column and plot it directly. Jerry Rick wrote: > Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? You can use a technique like t...

date formating
hi I am using the date formula for a series of dates, but when it changes the year I get #num! That happens only on that one sheet, so I think is the way those cells are formated. Any suggestions about what may be the problem? Thanks. Formatting has nothing to do with errors. The #NUM! error indicates that one or more of the arguments to the date function is invalid. In article <4E3B4159-EF2E-41BF-941D-F8513D11944A@microsoft.com>, "Neda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > I am using the date formula for a series of dates, but when it changes...

Excel Chart Customization
Working with Excel 2007. Created a column graph detailing emails organized by subject. The column graphs are seen but I would like the additional feature of having percent numbers appear above each column. For example, if 5% of email was about 'marketing' I would like to see "5%" appear above the column representing marketing email. Additionally, I would like to see the chart appear in a word document without the surrounding cells and the ability to ''size" the chart to fit in or next to the text of a report. Much thanks for any guidance. Hi...

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

Help with pivot table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

RMS & SBA chart of accounts mismatch types.
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this particular problem, but the way SBA sets up Inventory in chart of accounts as an "Inventory Asset" is correct, and pretty standard. I set up the RMS Connector for RMS and when it attempts to map accounts, it will not recognize an "Inventory Asset" account. It creates and "Inventory-POS" Other Current Asset account. Is there a way to change the account type after the fact? It is posting my inventory reductions into the POS account it created rather than the original Inventory account already set up. ...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Removing Exchange 5.5
I am upgrading to Exchange 2003. I have already moved all the mailboxes and I need to remove the Exchange 5.5 servers. I have two site in one organization. So far my Exchange 5.5 servers were the bridgehead servers. Do I have to remove both Exchange servers at the same time or could I leave the first ever Exchange 5.5 server still running, since the Webmail has not been upgraded and it is still connecting to this server and also the information has not been sent out to the users, and make the Exchange 2003 of the other site the bridgehead, untill we are ready to migrate the Webmail....

Event ID 8279 (x5) every 5 minutes and 8197 (x1) every 25 minutes.
Hi, I read and tried everything that "You Had Me At EHLO" wrote about the FBPublish and the 8197 error, and I still have this issue. (Also read Technet, KB and countless exchange blog). After enabling more logging parameters, the Event Viewer began to receive 5 EventID 8279 every 5 minutes. Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8279 Description: 1. Error opening private store hr = 80040111 2. Unable to open default private store hr = 80040111 3. Error creating query sessions for VM hr = 80040111 4. Error opening private ...