pivot chart add a ligne not in the pivot table

hello, I've a pivot table and the related graph and I
would like to add 2 ligne who represents the minimun and
maximum value before alarm.
I would like to knwo how to create 2 ligne in a chart by
vba
Thanks
0
anonymous (74723)

You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the
additional lines in that.

On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
chart from pivot data:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

And for adding lines to a chart:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine

To create the code, you could record the steps as you do them.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/29/2004 12:10:25 PM
Ok, but how can I modify the chart range automatically when a new data are
inserted in the pivot table (thru query and ODBC), this is a graph by date so
every day a new column appear in the pivot table, but using the Jon Peltier's
it not update, and this graph have to be update without the intervention of
the users.
If you can help me thanks.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the
> additional lines in that.
>
> On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
> chart from pivot data:
>
>     http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm
>
> And for adding lines to a chart:
>
>    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine
>
> To create the code, you could record the steps as you do them.
>
> ludovic wrote:
> > hello, I've a pivot table and the related graph and I
> > would like to add 2 ligne who represents the minimun and
> > maximum value before alarm.
> > I would like to knwo how to create 2 ligne in a chart by
> > vba
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

ludovic (1)
9/30/2004 9:05:04 AM
You could define dynamic range names that determine the size of the pivot table;
better yet, you can write some VBA to measure its size and change each series (and
add some if the table grows in both directions).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

ludovic wrote:

> Ok, but how can I modify the chart range automatically when a new data are
> inserted in the pivot table (thru query and ODBC), this is a graph by date so
> every day a new column appear in the pivot table, but using the Jon Peltier's
> it not update, and this graph have to be update without the intervention of
> the users.
> If you can help me thanks.
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the
>>additional lines in that.
>>
>>On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
>>chart from pivot data:
>>
>>    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm
>>
>>And for adding lines to a chart:
>>
>>   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine
>>
>>To create the code, you could record the steps as you do them.
>>
>>ludovic wrote:
>>
>>>hello, I've a pivot table and the related graph and I
>>>would like to add 2 ligne who represents the minimun and
>>>maximum value before alarm.
>>>I would like to knwo how to create 2 ligne in a chart by
>>>vba
>>

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

How To Open Chart Wizard Dialog on Excel 2003
Hi All, I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code my code is the follow excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30); where excel = new Excel.Application mode = xlDialogChartWizard missing = System.Type.Missing; show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog Help me pls Thx in Advance Hi, I don't know a thing about C#, but why not exclude the Show arguments? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "VeNoMiS" wrote: > Hi All, > I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code > > my code is the follow > >...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

chart template problems
When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style and marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved chart template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas?? ...

join multiple pivot tables?

Bar Chart Comparison
I'm having difficulties setting up some comparison charts. I have 2 groups I want to compare (Planned and Actual work days) and (Planned and Actual review days). Heres the way the data is layed out: Production Development Days Difference ________________________________________________________ Planned Co Review Days 864 33 Actaul Co Review Days 897 Planned Co Development Days 585 327 Actaul Co Development Days 912 Can you point me in the right direction for setting up a comparison of Review Days (planned and actual) and Development Days (planned and actual)? Everytime I m...

Crashing when finishing charts
Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Excel where whenever (almost every single time) I try to finish a chart (click the finish button), Excel freezes and I lose all of my progress. Sometimes this happens when I am still in the process of picking my chart options. Has anyone else had this problem? I've had this problem for a while and have since reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Excel, but the problem still persists. I am running Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6408) SP1 on a Windows XP machine. Please help, Thank you! wruwtrix :confused: -- wruwtrix -------------...

Charting flood data
Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? Never heard of Extreme log paper or a Gumbel chart, but based on the definition of the Gumbel distribution at Mathworld http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GumbelDistribution.html I presume that it plots ln(-ln(y)) vs. x That is not a chart option in Excel, but you can calculate ln(-ln(y)) in a separate column and plot it directly. Jerry Rick wrote: > Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? You can use a technique like t...

Excel Chart Customization
Working with Excel 2007. Created a column graph detailing emails organized by subject. The column graphs are seen but I would like the additional feature of having percent numbers appear above each column. For example, if 5% of email was about 'marketing' I would like to see "5%" appear above the column representing marketing email. Additionally, I would like to see the chart appear in a word document without the surrounding cells and the ability to ''size" the chart to fit in or next to the text of a report. Much thanks for any guidance. Hi...

Help with pivot table

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

RMS & SBA chart of accounts mismatch types.
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this particular problem, but the way SBA sets up Inventory in chart of accounts as an "Inventory Asset" is correct, and pretty standard. I set up the RMS Connector for RMS and when it attempts to map accounts, it will not recognize an "Inventory Asset" account. It creates and "Inventory-POS" Other Current Asset account. Is there a way to change the account type after the fact? It is posting my inventory reductions into the POS account it created rather than the original Inventory account already set up. ...

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

how do you add a border to entire document?
....and use the large space to ask your question. And then read http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Using formulas for pivot table

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Insert Cell Text Into Chart
I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Hi insert a textbox, select this textbox and enter the equation sign '='. Now select your cell on sheet 1 and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Karen wrote: > I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste > into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done > this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Thank you for your help - I'm sorry, maybe I didn't explain it ...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

Date add Criteria on Continuous Form
All, thank you for all the previouis help. currently i have a form has three fileds to tracks letter "Recieve", "ResponseDue", and "Respond." on the recieve text box's afterupdate event i have:Me.ResponseDue = DateAdd("d", 30, Me.Recieve). what i need is that on the first letter, the minimum date, if an the main form the criteria is "NMA" that the date add be 60. thank you for the help in advance. AC2007/XP. Tighe - The easiest way is to Dim an integer variable and use that. Try this: Dim AddDays as Integer If Par...