Pie Chart from data

Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data
just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj,
med and min. How do I set this up!!

Thanks in Advance!!!
0
anonymous (74723)

how can i create a pie char

0
anonymous (74723)
11/21/2003 3:31:04 AM
By following the directions within the Chart Wizard.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> how can i create a pie chart

Comparative charts
I want to do a simple bar chart showing sales for each day this year, with right next to it, sales from the same day last year. How would I setup my table to do this? I am dumping data from another source. THANKS! Kelli Set up your data with days down column A, with the years as headings in row 1. For example: 2004 2005 1 100 125 2 125 132 Select a cell in the table, and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. Jon Peltier has a Charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Kelli wrote: > I want to do a simple bar...

highlighting different sections of a line chart
I have a line graph that runs over time. i would like to highlight certain areas of continuous time with shading of different colour. Is this or something similar possible? Oliver - Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Oliver S" <OliverS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53707664-425A-4279-ABCA-EC8EBE117B30@microsoft.com... >I have a line graph that runs over time. i would like to highlight c...

Copying cell data automatically?
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and be dependent on the first cell, i.e, when cell A text changes so does cell B, how do I do that? It depends You can use an IF statement =IF(A1=1,"Something","SomethingElse") Or if there are many different inputs you can create a table somewhere A One B Two C Three And use VLOOKUP HTH PC "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50C72329-771C-45E4-8945-E5EB71C5BDCB@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and ...

XY Scatter Chart
I need some help with an XY Scatter chart. I need to add a data table to the chart. Is there a way to do this? I routinely add the data table to line and bar charts. In this case the data needs to be in the xy scatter format. Thanks Here is a works around, I will assume the data is in columns Select the data and copy Move to an unused part of the worksheet; used Edit | Paste Special, specify Transpose Put borders on the new 'table' and adjust the column width Select the new table; with SHIFT help down use Edit; use the Copy as Picture item Move to your chart and copy the picture o...

>250 characters in a chart title
How can I allow >250 characters in a chart title? Is there any way at all? I know it can temporarily "allow" it, but it doesn't even Copy>Paste properly into Word (it's missing the characters that go over 250). Could you delete the title and use a regular textbox? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "databird" <databird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78064720-949B-47A5-82DC-E7AA989A89AC@microsoft.com... > How can I allow...

Swing Chart with dynamic Range
I would like to create a swing chart (stock chart) with a dynamic range that grows as more data is added. Any ideas? Thank You Joe Hi, For information on the dynamic ranges have a read of Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html Depending on which stock chart you want you will need 3 to 5 named ranges. Cheers Andy Joseph Sayah wrote: > I would like to create a swing chart (stock chart) with a dynamic range that > grows as more data is added. > > Any ideas? > > Thank You > Joe -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Getting Data from Excel Graph onto New Speadsheet
I am trying to get the information that I have plotted, on a scatted graph, off onto the second sheet an splitting the information. I'm not too sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I am hoping that someone can help? The original data that is on the graph is in 3 columns. One has the company name, one is the current value and one is the predicted value. I need this info to come off the graph or from the original data in 2 fields. Customer and predicted value, but they need to be prioritized. 1 needs to be the one with the lowest current and highest potential. 2 needs...

pie charts
I wanted to know if there was a way to make the pie chart more interactive and more user friendly. The question that I have is: Is it possible for Excel to automatically move/add an 'arc' through exploded pie chart, within each individual slice. Without having t insert a text box and manually create each arc that is needed. EXAMPLE: In the area of "Customer Service" the group wants to become a Level from a Level 4; by just entering the number in to a worksheet rathe than in a text box on the chart itself. I have an example attached so you could get a visual look at ...

how to create "magic grid" chart with names in it
Hi. I want to create a "gartner's magic quadrant" like grphics. I use the scatter plot to draw two variables into a single point, BUT when I want to name the dots I can't use the name instead the value. vulnerabilidad probabilidad impacto Incendio 2 4 inundacion 2 3 robo 3 5 aceso no autorizado 5 4 perdida de integridad 4 5 falla de energia 3 2 Thanks.... Gonzalo Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy gconcha.ci...

Charting a table
I have a bar chart and a pie chart as objects occupying a dedicated chart worksheet, and I would like to add a small table to complete my presentation on a single page. I first started by saving the small table as a gif file, but I am not sure whether it can be successfully imported into the chart worksheet or not. Any ideas for how to proceed? Thanks in advance. Brad On the chart sheet, choose Insert>Picture>From File, and insert the file you saved. Or, you can copy and paste worksheet cells onto the chart as a picture: Select the table on the worksheet Choose Edit>Co...

Counting and Organizing Data
Hi, I am in need of some excel kung fu here, just a few slick formulas to accomplish a data organizing task. I have described the task in detail here: http://www.flypicture.com?display=updone&id=rtv2kK7c THANKS! -- RalphSE ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RalphSE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29931 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504188 Hi Ralph, just give me a few minutes to download and examine your file ... Pete Ok, fairly straightforward this one - ...

Generate a graphical formula from a column of data
If I have a set of data, is there any way I can generate a formula which roughly matches the plot of the data set? I know I can generate a trend line on a chart but is there a way of finding out the formula for this trendline, so that I could reproduce it without the origiinal data perhaps? Hope I'm making myself clear. Many thanks in advance. Insure that the Analysis ToolPak has been loaded. If your data is linear, then use LINEST() to derive the formula -- Gary's Student "rmellison" wrote: > If I have a set of data, is there any way I can generate a formula wh...

watermarking charts
is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, but i would prefer a better way, if there is one. You can prepare a picture in a graphics program, then add it to the plot area: Right-click the plot area Choose Format Plot Area Click the Fill Effects button On the Picture tab, click Select Picture Locate and select your picture file Click Insert Click OK, click OK jiwolf wrote: > is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to > "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, ...

How do i make a Progress Chart
I need to make a chart and a scorecard to show progress on projects that have been completed, that are in progress, that are behind, and that are defeered. I want to know how to make a chart of this information but i am not sure on how to do it. ...

Delete Chart
How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ agac8103 wrote: > How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? It's not protected. "Jon Peltier" wrote: > If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP > Peltier Technical S...

File error: data may have been lost
I'm running an Access macro to update an Excel spreadsheet. After executing the macro, when I open up the spreadsheet, I get the message: "File error: data may have been lost". I don't believe any data was lost. Why is this happening? I don't use access, but the only time I've gotten a message like that was when excel thought that the workbook was corrupted. I rebuilt it and everything worked ok (knock wood). alex richardson wrote: > > I'm running an Access macro to update an Excel > spreadsheet. After executing the macro, when I open up the > ...

Pie of pie of pie
The present pie of pie allows us to create pie charts upto 2 level. I want to create 3 level pie charts(pie of pie of pie). How can I do that? -- Rash Edward Tufte once said words to this effect: "The only thing worse than a pie chart is two pie charts." I imagine that a pie of pie of pie is even worse. I would try to display the data using a series of column or bar charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rash" <Rash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Easy charting question (hopefully)
Hi All, This should be a fairly simple one but I can not find through Google or Microsoft on how to accomplish it. My rows of data have 14 columns. One of those columns I would like to do a count on, so for example the COLUMN of data looks like: Apples Apples Apples Oranges Pears Pears Zuchini I want a chart that shows a count for each one, so there would be 3 apples, 1 oranges, 2 pears, and 1 zuchini. This would then be in a bar chart. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help, SD Perhaps this: Sub Test() Dim r As Range, c As Range Dim cht As Chart Dim s As Series Dim ws As Worksh...

Possible to add second data label to pie chart?
I am trying to automate a large number of charts. The problem I am having is adding a second label to a pie chart. I have added the name of the slice and its percentage but I'd like to add an additional lable centered in the slice with its point change from last year. I can do this by hand with text boxes but its a real pain. Is there a way to add a label that changes based on what I put into a cell? Here is an example of what I am trying to do. [image: http://www.bgphc.com/picture/chart-example.gif] -- jpwolf00 --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Filtering Excel Data
Hi, I have just downloaded an excel file, which contains lottery number and the date they were drawn. I want to try and search the excel spreadsheet to see if my lotter numbers have ever come up before, but am unsure on how to go abou doing this. The data is in the form: Column A: Draw Date Column B: Ball 1 Column C: Ball 2 Column D: Ball 3 Column E: Ball 4 Column F: Ball 5 Column G: Ball 5 Column H: Bonus Ball Column I: Ball Set Column J: Machine It is only the draw date, main ball numbers and the bonus ball that i important. Can anyone help? TIA, Mik -- Message posted from http:/...

Excel Chart #3
I've created a chart in Excel with two x axis', I am trying to add a 3rd data source to plot on the chart, when I add the 3rd source, my second line disappears. Maybe, you have the same problem that Mark has in the concurrent discussion "Adding multiple source data to chart" -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <007601c3aa0d$5d64cdd0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've created a ...

how to produce horizontal line chart of point est & 95% ci's
hello there, would appreciate help and advice to help me. i have six columns of data. the first column is a string variable, the second and third columns are numerical variables (year, population size n). these first three columns would be my y-axis on the left. if it would help make it easier, then i can combine these three columns into one column (e.g. arthur 1999 30,000) . the fourth, fifth and sixth columns are lower limit of the point estimate's 95% confidence interval, point estimates itself and the upper limit of 95% confidence interval (e.g. 0.32(0.51)0.73). these last co...

Pie Pie or Pie Bar Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel These charts appear in the chart gallery yet the methods to implement them are not obvious to me. Been through all the Mac Excel 2008 help (including on line) - no luck. How does one format or specify the data table so that a component of the main pie will be broken down in the secondary pie or bar? Excel 2008 Help on charts really is one of the better aspects of Help in the 2008 suite, but it does fall short in some areas... That's one of them. Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA...

changing default fill for balck and white pie graph
Working in excel 2003, I have created a black and white pie graph and want to change the fill options for each slice of the pie. Excel defaults are not pleasing to me Hi, You need to select the pie, pause and then select the slice. CTRL+1 to display format dialog. On the Patterns tab you can use the Fill Effects button to select appropriate pattern. Repeat to other slices. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "fish head" <fish head@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE6DE23-176C-4C33-8F56-C5FF20BB123B@microsoft.com....

Line chart problem sorry..
Hit wrong button Here is problem again: Year Numbers 2003 1254 2002 2376 2001 2143 I select info and go thru chart wizard. On the cat x axis I expect see the years but get a sequence of numbers unrelated to the Year column and also of less entris that are in year column. I have formatted the columns as text can anyone help with this please? Thanks Kit Kit - Excel cannot chart text, it insists on numbers. Format at least the Numbers column as numerical values. If you are making a line or column chart, the years don't matter, but if you're making an XY Scatter chart, you h...