Pie chart from access

I would like to know if there is a way for me to create a set of pie chart
which get their source information from an access database set of queries (1
query per chart) and then update when the workbook is opened?  If so, what is
this called so I can google it specifically?  Any good ressource that
demonstrate the basics to bring me up to speed?

Thank you,

QB

I don't believe you can link and Access table or query to an Excel
spreadsheet.  However, you could set up a routine to automatically export the
Access table into Excel.  Once the data was exported from the database, your
Excel pie charts would update too.  The link below provides some information
on how to do.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP010950951033.aspx

--
John Mansfield
cellmatrix.net

"Question Boy" wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a way for me to create a set of pie chart
> which get their source information from an access database set of queries (1
> query per chart) and then update when the workbook is opened?  If so, what is
> this called so I can google it specifically?  Any good ressource that
> demonstrate the basics to bring me up to speed?
>
> Thank you,
>
> QB

Comparative charts
I want to do a simple bar chart showing sales for each day this year, with right next to it, sales from the same day last year. How would I setup my table to do this? I am dumping data from another source. THANKS! Kelli Set up your data with days down column A, with the years as headings in row 1. For example: 2004 2005 1 100 125 2 125 132 Select a cell in the table, and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. Jon Peltier has a Charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Kelli wrote: > I want to do a simple bar...

New page
In some situations you may want to lock the fields on a form unless the user explicitly choose to update the transactions. While you could set the forms Allow Edits property to false this doesn't work for subforms. Other wierdnesses happen but I can't recall exactly what right at the moment. This solution shows how a call to a public subroutine passing a few parameters handles this situation. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/locking_fields_on_a_form.htm -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messag...

highlighting different sections of a line chart
I have a line graph that runs over time. i would like to highlight certain areas of continuous time with shading of different colour. Is this or something similar possible? Oliver - Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Oliver S" <OliverS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53707664-425A-4279-ABCA-EC8EBE117B30@microsoft.com... >I have a line graph that runs over time. i would like to highlight c...

Swing Chart with dynamic Range
I would like to create a swing chart (stock chart) with a dynamic range that grows as more data is added. Any ideas? Thank You Joe Hi, For information on the dynamic ranges have a read of Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html Depending on which stock chart you want you will need 3 to 5 named ranges. Cheers Andy Joseph Sayah wrote: > I would like to create a swing chart (stock chart) with a dynamic range that > grows as more data is added. > > Any ideas? > > Thank You > Joe -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Access newsgroups through Outlook Express
Hi, silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook express. I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, but with no luck. It finds the server but can´t download the list. ideas? I connect through news.microsoft.com. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB12CBBC-BC6B-4D29-9856-0DD080124123@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook > express. > I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, bu...

XY Scatter Chart
I need some help with an XY Scatter chart. I need to add a data table to the chart. Is there a way to do this? I routinely add the data table to line and bar charts. In this case the data needs to be in the xy scatter format. Thanks Here is a works around, I will assume the data is in columns Select the data and copy Move to an unused part of the worksheet; used Edit | Paste Special, specify Transpose Put borders on the new 'table' and adjust the column width Select the new table; with SHIFT help down use Edit; use the Copy as Picture item Move to your chart and copy the picture o...

>250 characters in a chart title
How can I allow >250 characters in a chart title? Is there any way at all? I know it can temporarily "allow" it, but it doesn't even Copy>Paste properly into Word (it's missing the characters that go over 250). Could you delete the title and use a regular textbox? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "databird" <databird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78064720-949B-47A5-82DC-E7AA989A89AC@microsoft.com... > How can I allow...

Access and Groove
I am looking for tips on using Groove to share Access 2007 databases. I have been successful adding a file to a workspace but I have not found a reference to Access in the Groove literature yet. How well does Access play with Groove? (I know that I have to turn off blocking.) Is the best way to determine which records were changed to use an audit trail? What is the maximum Access file size that should be shared? Are there any security conflicts with Groove's encryption? Are there an synchronization issues? Comments about personal experiences will be appreciated. Thanks. LDN ...

pie charts
I wanted to know if there was a way to make the pie chart more interactive and more user friendly. The question that I have is: Is it possible for Excel to automatically move/add an 'arc' through exploded pie chart, within each individual slice. Without having t insert a text box and manually create each arc that is needed. EXAMPLE: In the area of "Customer Service" the group wants to become a Level from a Level 4; by just entering the number in to a worksheet rathe than in a text box on the chart itself. I have an example attached so you could get a visual look at ...

how to create "magic grid" chart with names in it
Hi. I want to create a "gartner's magic quadrant" like grphics. I use the scatter plot to draw two variables into a single point, BUT when I want to name the dots I can't use the name instead the value. vulnerabilidad probabilidad impacto Incendio 2 4 inundacion 2 3 robo 3 5 aceso no autorizado 5 4 perdida de integridad 4 5 falla de energia 3 2 Thanks.... Gonzalo Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy gconcha.ci...

Charting a table
I have a bar chart and a pie chart as objects occupying a dedicated chart worksheet, and I would like to add a small table to complete my presentation on a single page. I first started by saving the small table as a gif file, but I am not sure whether it can be successfully imported into the chart worksheet or not. Any ideas for how to proceed? Thanks in advance. Brad On the chart sheet, choose Insert>Picture>From File, and insert the file you saved. Or, you can copy and paste worksheet cells onto the chart as a picture: Select the table on the worksheet Choose Edit>Co...

watermarking charts
is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, but i would prefer a better way, if there is one. You can prepare a picture in a graphics program, then add it to the plot area: Right-click the plot area Choose Format Plot Area Click the Fill Effects button On the Picture tab, click Select Picture Locate and select your picture file Click Insert Click OK, click OK jiwolf wrote: > is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to > "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, ...

How do i make a Progress Chart
I need to make a chart and a scorecard to show progress on projects that have been completed, that are in progress, that are behind, and that are defeered. I want to know how to make a chart of this information but i am not sure on how to do it. ...

Delete Chart
How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ agac8103 wrote: > How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? It's not protected. "Jon Peltier" wrote: > If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP > Peltier Technical S...

Pie of pie of pie
The present pie of pie allows us to create pie charts upto 2 level. I want to create 3 level pie charts(pie of pie of pie). How can I do that? -- Rash Edward Tufte once said words to this effect: "The only thing worse than a pie chart is two pie charts." I imagine that a pie of pie of pie is even worse. I would try to display the data using a series of column or bar charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rash" <Rash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Easy charting question (hopefully)
Hi All, This should be a fairly simple one but I can not find through Google or Microsoft on how to accomplish it. My rows of data have 14 columns. One of those columns I would like to do a count on, so for example the COLUMN of data looks like: Apples Apples Apples Oranges Pears Pears Zuchini I want a chart that shows a count for each one, so there would be 3 apples, 1 oranges, 2 pears, and 1 zuchini. This would then be in a bar chart. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help, SD Perhaps this: Sub Test() Dim r As Range, c As Range Dim cht As Chart Dim s As Series Dim ws As Worksh...

Disc access when scrolling through my emails
Hi, I have a problem with my outlook 2003 (Win XP): Every time I scroll through the list of emails outlook accesses the hard disc even if I do not open the email and the preview window is deactivated. The result is a pause before I can go to the next email in the list. Surprisingly the problem is solved if I open the email and close it. Next time I navigate to that email in the list there is no disc access (seems to be cached). Unfortunatly if I close Outlook an reopen it, the whole story starts from the beginning... Does anybody have an idea ? Thanks Urs ...

Possible to add second data label to pie chart?
I am trying to automate a large number of charts. The problem I am having is adding a second label to a pie chart. I have added the name of the slice and its percentage but I'd like to add an additional lable centered in the slice with its point change from last year. I can do this by hand with text boxes but its a real pain. Is there a way to add a label that changes based on what I put into a cell? Here is an example of what I am trying to do. [image: http://www.bgphc.com/picture/chart-example.gif] -- jpwolf00 --------------------------------------------------------------------...

how do i add my access 2003 database to a network
i have a access database that runs all the office and all the contacts i need it so when one member of staff makes an update it automatically updates on all the pc's and it needs to be stable and trust worthy since this database will be running the whole business First off, you need to split your database. Then you will place the back-end on the central server and distribute the front-end to the users. This step is critical! Do not allow multiple users to work from the same front-end... you will eventually end up with corruption. You also need to convert your db front-end from...

Excel Chart #3
I've created a chart in Excel with two x axis', I am trying to add a 3rd data source to plot on the chart, when I add the 3rd source, my second line disappears. Maybe, you have the same problem that Mark has in the concurrent discussion "Adding multiple source data to chart" -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <007601c3aa0d$5d64cdd0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've created a ...

how to produce horizontal line chart of point est & 95% ci's
hello there, would appreciate help and advice to help me. i have six columns of data. the first column is a string variable, the second and third columns are numerical variables (year, population size n). these first three columns would be my y-axis on the left. if it would help make it easier, then i can combine these three columns into one column (e.g. arthur 1999 30,000) . the fourth, fifth and sixth columns are lower limit of the point estimate's 95% confidence interval, point estimates itself and the upper limit of 95% confidence interval (e.g. 0.32(0.51)0.73). these last co...

Access Report 04-03-07
Is there any way to program to let the report has different tiles when it opens. A report's record source links to a query. I used VBA to change this query by change the SQL string of qry.sql. I want to the report tile changes based on the change of the parameters that defines SQL string. I try to add a text box on the report and set its data source to Forms! frmCreateSQL!txtTitle.value and keep frmCreateSQL opens. When report opens, the text "Red Cell Report" of Forms!frmCreateSQL!txtTitle. value DOES NOT display on report's text box. Anyone can help me to resolve this ...

Pie Pie or Pie Bar Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel These charts appear in the chart gallery yet the methods to implement them are not obvious to me. Been through all the Mac Excel 2008 help (including on line) - no luck. How does one format or specify the data table so that a component of the main pie will be broken down in the secondary pie or bar? Excel 2008 Help on charts really is one of the better aspects of Help in the 2008 suite, but it does fall short in some areas... That's one of them. Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA...

changing default fill for balck and white pie graph
Working in excel 2003, I have created a black and white pie graph and want to change the fill options for each slice of the pie. Excel defaults are not pleasing to me Hi, You need to select the pie, pause and then select the slice. CTRL+1 to display format dialog. On the Patterns tab you can use the Fill Effects button to select appropriate pattern. Repeat to other slices. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "fish head" <fish head@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE6DE23-176C-4C33-8F56-C5FF20BB123B@microsoft.com....

Line chart problem sorry..
Hit wrong button Here is problem again: Year Numbers 2003 1254 2002 2376 2001 2143 I select info and go thru chart wizard. On the cat x axis I expect see the years but get a sequence of numbers unrelated to the Year column and also of less entris that are in year column. I have formatted the columns as text can anyone help with this please? Thanks Kit Kit - Excel cannot chart text, it insists on numbers. Format at least the Numbers column as numerical values. If you are making a line or column chart, the years don't matter, but if you're making an XY Scatter chart, you h...