Page header and footer for charts from my template

I plot a lot of Y vs X data as scatter plots. Usually, I want the graphs as
separate sheets. For these sheets, I want a standardized header and footer.
Presently, I do this manually by
 1. Select the chart location as New sheet, with a name
 2. In the new sheet, click the Print Preview button
 3. Click Setup...
 4. enter Custom  Header and Custom Footer data.

I always enter the same data in step 4 above. It should be ideal for a
template. Is there a way to use a template for this?

0
Verktum (1)

Next time you add charts, assuming you add them to end of your workbook,
click the last sheet that already has a header/footer, shift click on the
last new sheet to group them.  Choose File, Page Setup, on the header/footer
tab, you should see the data from the first (already done) worksheet in your
selection.  Click ok and now it has been applied to all of the selected
sheets.
Bottom line, if you do page setup of headers and footers (or anything else
for that matter) in page setup from the menu bar instead of from print
preview, it will apply to all selected sheets as long as they are all the
same kind of sheet.  Select all chart sheets, or all regular worksheets.
Select first sheet and shift click last sheet will group those two sheets
and all between.  ctrl click will allow you to add or remove individual
sheets.
As soon as you have finished, be sure to ungroup by right clicking a
selected sheet tab and choose ungroup sheets, or click a sheet outside of the
group.
(editing done on a sheet in a group applies to all sheets)

"Verktum" wrote:

> I plot a lot of Y vs X data as scatter plots. Usually, I want the graphs as
> separate sheets. For these sheets, I want a standardized header and footer.
> Presently, I do this manually by
>  1. Select the chart location as New sheet, with a name
>  2. In the new sheet, click the Print Preview button
>  3. Click Setup...
>  4. enter Custom  Header and Custom Footer data.
>
> I always enter the same data in step 4 above. It should be ideal for a
> template. Is there a way to use a template for this?

0
BoniM (33)

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

charting #2
i have a column for person's name, and serveral other columns with values on time used for TV, CD, etc.. how can i generate a chart which presents to me a list of all names with the time used for TV, CD, etc during year 2006 ? Depending on how your data is laid out, you may be able to sort it and then use data|subtotals. Or maybe even data|Pivottable. If you've never use pivottables, here are a few links: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

How to add a custom header into a post
Does Windows Mail have a way to add a custom header into a post? TIA. No. If you try, it will remove it. steve "In-Betweener" <In-Betweener@chaos.order.mrvl> wrote in message = news:efGnp2XGLHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does Windows Mail have a way to add a custom header into a post? >=20 > TIA. "In-Betweener" <In-Betweener@chaos.order.mrvl> wrote in message news:efGnp2XGLHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does Windows Mail have a way to add a custom header into a post? > > TIA. >"Steve Cochran" <sco...

Bar Chart Bar Widths
I have created a simple bar chart. The bars are fairly narrow. Is there a way to make the bars appear wider other than to make the whole chart larger? Go to Format Data Series -> Options and change the Gap Width. "Jon" wrote: > I have created a simple bar chart. The bars are fairly narrow. Is there a > way to make the bars appear wider other than to make the whole chart larger? My gap width can be set from 0 to 500 with zero being the widest. Even at zero the bars are still too narrow. Any other suggestions? "Barb R." wrote: > Go to Format Data Ser...

what is the difference between normal chart and pivot chart
what is the difference between normal chart and pivot chart A pivot chart is tied in to the data in a pivot table, and as a result, is less flexible in terms of formatting and also in terms of what data you can include or exclude. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ DAZ wrote: > what is the difference between normal chart and pivot chart ...

Chart conversion
I have a large number of 2003 ppts with graphs created with msgraph which need to be converted to 2007 pptx changing the graphs to excel based, not msgraph based. I have opened a new pptx file with desired "theme" and then "reuse slides" to import the ppt file. Some graphs convert to excel datasheet fine but others won't convert "one or more charts in this document cannot be converted to the current Microsoft Office chart format". Any ideas on why this might be happening? thanks perplexed ...

How to view header.
I'm being asked to forward emails from a scam artist on ebay to ebays support people. However, there asking me to provide the header of each one (obviously). How do I forward it to them so that the header from the original sender or creator is viewable? Highlight the email in question. Right click on it and go to options. Go to the header and highlight all of the text. Do a CNTRL C. (This copies it) In your email to ebay do a CNTRL V to paste the information in to the email. Thom If you're using Outlook 2000, you can view the header of an email, by doing the following: ...

Charting every 5th line of data in excel.
Does anyone know of a macro or other way of charting every 5th line of data in excel? I do not want to delete the data, but I want to chart the entire data and there's too many data points, so I want to chart every 5th line yet keep the total data for reference. Hi Diane I would do the following: - create a helper range for charting - in row one insert the formula =OFFSET($A$1,(ROW()-1)*5,0) and copy this down to create a helper range with every 5th column - use this helper column as chart source -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Diane" <Diane.Pezewski@milwaukeetoo...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Shape Tab in Charts
I am working on a chart and was told that if I right clicked on one of the columns in the chart I would get the "Format data series" menu and that there would be a SHAPE tab on it. I get other tabs, but nothing regarding shapes. Any suggestions? ...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...

change axis info on radar charts
How do I get all axis on a radar chart to to display the axis numbers (for each axis individaully). Secondly, how does one get a radar chard with the various axis in different scales (ie Axis 1 scale 1 to 10, Axis2 scale 0 to 10 000, Axis3 scale 0 to 0.5) Alfred - Look for Radar Charts on Tushar Mehta's web site, http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ alfred wrote: > How do I get all axis on a radar chart to to display the axis numbers (for > each axis i...

Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?iiA=?=To Clipboard?
You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Great: Thanks for All the Help!! Sea Mac I'm Putting the Stock Phrases in the Scrapbook for Now but will chase down this Auto-Text thing. I hadn't seen it because I'm not using Office 2004 yet, so don't waste any time on my careless words. On 9/30/04 10:21 PM, "Sea Mac" wrote: > You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I > Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Gr...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Outlook 2003 won't print message headers
This has just started happening in the last few weeks to other people in my office and now to me. I haven't been able to trace the problem back to any specific update (at least not yet) mainly due to a lack of input from the people this has happened to. The problem is while printing emails from Outlook 2003 I can print the body of the message, but the message header (email addresses to, from, cc, etc.. and subject) won't print. We are all using word as the email editor and I originally thought that a change in the word normal template may have been the cause, but reverting to a norm...

Headers
Is there anyway to print a header only on the first page? Thanks. Vikki, I don't think this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Vikki" <ccadlady@stx.rr.com> wrote in message news:00e801c34893$1d80ab70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to print a header only on the first page? > > Thanks. Vikki, try this macro by Ron de Bruin Sub print_header() 'will print header on 1st page only 'By: Ron de Bruin Totpage = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro(&quo...