OWC chart: multiple totals and OLAP

Hi!

OWC chart is connected to MS AS
I'd like to display several totals (measures) on the same chart in order to
see 2 lines
I use
objPChart.SetData objPChart.Constants.chDimValues, 0, "v1"
objPChart.SetData objPChart.Constants.chDimValues, 0, "v2"
And I see only v2 line
I use
objPChart.InternalPivotTable.ActiveView.DataAxis.InsertTotal .Totals("v1")
objPChart.InternalPivotTable.ActiveView.DataAxis.InsertTotal .Totals("v2")
and nothing changes :-(

Somebody knows how to display several lines at the same chart????

some limitations: OWC is connected to MS analysis services, I'd like to
display different measures (seen under the Totals)

Thanks in advance

0
Dima (53)

Speedometer Chart
I'm looking for a chart in the form of a speedometer. For example, the speedometer needle would be one variable and fall within the speedometer range. The standard pie & donut charts in excel are not quite filling my need Thanks in advance Dan Jon Peltier has an example: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html or (XP instructions) http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html and Andy Pope has one: http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html Dan Davis wrote: > I'm looking for ...

M07 advanced investment charting
One of the things I can't get to work in M07 Premium is the advanced investment charting. This the screen you get when you click on the chart for a particular investment in the Portfolio view. It bascially takes you to Investment Home and shows a large chart for the investment you licked on. In M06 you could download an Advanced Chart function from MSN that gave you larger/better charts with more information such as volume and dividends. In M07 the advanced charts just don't work. Any solutions for this. -- Howard At the bottom of the chart page (under all the options) there is a...

charts toolbar / charts disappeared
am working in 2007 version of excel. After an accidental keystroke (possibly) charts in both my active worksheet and in inactive worksheets in the active workbook DISAPPEARED! Furthermore, from the INSERT tab, the Chart toolbox is dimmed and I can't activate. Closing and reopenind spreadsheet did not help. ...

New to Chart Help (Pie Chart)
I am trying to set up a chart from data in an excel spreadsheet, but am having difficulty thus far. I have a cell values as follows: w41 = total hrs x3-x20 = category A y3-y20 = category B I want to have the Pie Chart to show what (%) of w41 is category A and what (%) is category B of w41. Eg say : w41 = 100 cat A(sum) = 25 cat B(sum) = 75 I cannot get these segments(slices) to be separate, but i keep getting W41 value = 100% and the other segments do not display. Can anyone assist me with this setup, i am sure it is easy ye...

disconnected chart objects
Consider the following: A B 1 15 15 2 25 15 3 25 35 4 15 35 5 15 15 6 7 45 45 8 75 45 9 75 105 10 45 105 11 45 45 In Excel with row 6 present & blank you get two disconnected boxes using XY-scatter format with lines and points. If you remove the empty row 6 you get the boxes plus a line connecting points 15,15 and 45,45. In Open Office Calc (OOC), you get the boxes connected in either case unless you move one of the y sets to column B (creating two series.) Although this is an Excel group, since I haven't been able to get any re...

Charting Filtered Data
Hi there, I have an xy chart based upon data that will then be filtered using an advanced filter. The filter is applied, but the chart doesn't reflect the filtered data unless the workbook is saved & reopened. It's maddening. A few notes: * I do have another workbook where this works properly. * This is XL 2000 * The filter itself is being applied using a macro (details below) It's killing me that I can make this work in one workbook and I can't get it to work in two others. Any ideas??? Thank you! -Jessica Here is the entirety of the code: Private Sub CommandB...

Scatter and line charts
Hi I created the scratter chart and I would like to have another line, showing the average, will go horizontal across the scratter chart. Ex: 4,5,6,7,10 are data to create a scratter chart. The averager of 4,5,6,7,10 is 6.4 May I use 6.4 to create a shot line (or a something )which will go horizontal across the scratter chart. Thank you Chi Here are some techniques for adding a line to a chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ &quo...

Omitting zero values on pie charts
Hi, How to make excel omitt zero values instead of displaying 2 or mor zero values in one place on pie chart when some of values in sourc data range (dynamic) will become zero? (Sorry if this question was here already - I couldn`t find answer usin Search button :-/ ) Jaca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > How to make excel omitt zero values instead of displaying 2 or more > zero values in one place on pie chart when some of values in source > data range (...

Dynamic OWC Chart 11
I'm making my own custom report a form using OWC spreadsheet. I was able to do this no problem. However, I would like to add some graphics on the side using OWC Chart 11, which I have no knowledge of. The datasource for the chart should be a range of values of in the spreadsheet. I need the series in the chart to be dynamic and change depending on the spreadsheet, which changes based on the criteria for the report. I would like to either change the datasource using ranges in the spreadsheet or change it using values I have stored in the code (an array). Anyone know how to do this?...

Conditional Formatting
Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the highest number appear in bold type: =MAX($C$14:$C$23), then format BOLD. Is there a way to apply this condition to a chart? thanks Atom, It can be done via an event macro. If you're willing, we can give you some code. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "atom" <slkdjfs@asdfa.net> wrote in message news:3FB130AE.AF630C10@asdfa.net... > Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the > highest numb...

Range Calculate to update chart
Hi I have a chart that is on the same worksheet as its source data. I have a button to recalculate the source data using the Range.Calculate function. The only problem is, the chart does not get updated when the source data is recalculated. I have tried call Chart.Refresh on the chart, but it has no effect. The only way I have found to update the chart is to do a manual calculation (F9), which is far too slow due to the size of the workbook. It would be far better is the recalculate button updated the chart also. Any ideas? TIA Ben Oh, I'm using Excel 97! "Ben" <ben...

macro chart creation
I'm working on a VBA macro that will chart multiple series of data. How do I tell the macro what range the series is on? I tried to do a record but that gives me a static range. As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Tith" <Tith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64F571C0-FD81-4E03-B2DB-758BE77C0254@microsoft.com... > I'm working on a VBA macro that will chart multiple series of data. How do > I > tell the macro what range the series is on? I tried to ...

Multiple company email adds?
Hello, I have a client who is evalutating Exchange Server 03. They are "one of those organizations" which have multiple entities. With AD, I'm aware that I can give each user multiple smtp email addresses. As long as the mx records all point to the same server and AD is configured correctly, I can have user@company1.com user@company2.com user@company3.com all dump to the same AD account....correct? Thanks for any/all help.. On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:41:05 -0400, "SomeDude" <somedude@somewhere.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have a client who is evalu...

Merging multiple row same cell data into single sell.
I need to be able to merge multiple rows of data in the same column into a single cell quickly. For example cell c2, c3,c4 etc need to be compined into cell d2. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks in advance. Peter One way: D2: =C2 & C3 & C4 In article <045B92DA-4785-4AFA-A2F9-47C2999F0FC3@microsoft.com>, "Peter" <pbruning@act-electronics.com> wrote: > I need to be able to merge multiple rows of data in the same column into a > single cell quickly. For example cell c2, c3,c4 etc need to be compined into > cell d2. Is there an easy wa...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you ...

Area Chart Problem
In an area chart I want five color bands across the chart, over which a single line series is plotted. The Y axis is set Minimum 70%, Maximum 115%. The area series are: Plot area - Red (Y axis set at 115% maximum) Upper Op Zero - 100% Yellow UCL - 95% Green Target - 90% (a line series) LCL - 85% Yellow Lower Op Zero - 70% (Axis minimum) to 80% Red The problem, only two bands show: Upper Op Zero, yellow, from 70% to 100% UCL, Green, from 100% to 115% Not all the area series show. It's as though the two bands are covering up others (nothing else visible to click on to format). T...

How to support multiple Customers
HI We are a CRM partner and our customer base is increasing. As CRM does not allow instalation of more than one customer on on SQL database we need to find the best scenario to keep a live copy of easch seperate customer database with customization for multiple developers access. We cannot afford to have a seperate physical server for each customer. We are currently creating a seperate VPC for each customer but as VPC can only run on XP we cannot use Terminal Services to acces the same VPC. In short, what is the standard or best approach to support multiple customers by a team of CRM de...

Using drop lines with XY scatter chart
I want to use the drop lines with a XY scatter chart, but unfortunately that option is not available under 'Format Data Series'---->'Options'. I know that this drop line option is available with other chart types like 'Line', problem is I can't use the Line chart type since it can't correcty represent my data set. I want a workable solution. XY charts don't have drop lines, but you can substitute an error bar. Double click on the series, click on either Error Bar tab, and select a negative error bar, select the Percentage option, and enter 100%. If ...

Owc Cahrting..
Hi all I'm aming OWC chart for my web application.In that I want to show to dimensions in the same axis to compare values.For example I've two dimension in my cube today and Time.I want to show a measure totaltime side by side and need to compare today with last year.I want to add both in a single axis.Is it possible to add two dimensions in a single axis. regards sanith Hi Sanith, > I'm aming OWC chart for my web application.In that I > want to show to dimensions in the same axis to compare > values.For example I've two dimension in my cube today > and...

to-do bar shows every task multiple times
Hi all, I hope someone can help: My to-do bar in Outlook shows every task I have four times. This is true both for true tasks, as well as flagged email messages. When I delete one instance in the to-do bar, it deletes all of them, including the original task or email. I read a description of this problem where someone suggested to reset the to-do bar, but I cannot figure out how to do that. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot! as NEVERMIND - I figured this out based on another post! Type "outlook.exe /resettodobar" into run. as "as_sass" wr...

Line Chart-EXACT End Date
This has come up several times on "tests" I have taken for jobs. I have gotten this to work in the past by playing with the scale but I am sure there is a better way to do it. I want to create a line chart based on dates where the end date shows on the axis. The data doesn't have a common denominator that makes sense so I am stumped. If I had my choice I would use a Scatter as I can make those dates behave but I need to do it with a Line Chart. Have tried the Time/Scale axis as well as the Category option. Thanks. One easy way in a line chart is to sort the worksheet ...

Re: How can I change size of chart Legend without losing half of the contents?
Oops! Wrong NG. Sorry. "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:... > When I try to resize the Legend associated with a chart I can't reduce it > without losing half of the content, and in order to show all of the > content the Legend has to be so big it takes up nearly half the chart. > There are only 6 or 7 entries in the Legend, but the space between each of > them is enormous. If this was in MS Word I'd fix it by changing the > Paragraph settings and reducing the space before and after ea...

Draw statistical Charts
I always wonder is it possible to draw statistical Charts as in Excel the same in an Access reports. Any VBA code links, url I would appreciate it very much. Iliadis kon ...

Charting macro for creating multiple charts on multiple sheets
I have a 26 workbooks with about 100 worksheets for tracking stocks. It is in the form of a table. It has date, open, low, high, close volume, and adjusted close for the headers. Each worksheet is named after the stock ticker name such as ATT. I am trying to create a macro which will go through each sheet from a list in column C of a sheet called Insurt and create 3 charts on each sheet. One with the prices and dates excluding the volume for the entire table, approximately 1500 rows. The second chart is for 250 rows, approximately 1 year, and the third chart is for 50 rows, approximately 3 mon...

Customising Gantt Chart
Dear all, I've been able to produce a Gantt chart, sort of like I want it to be by using this macro: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213447. However I need to do some tweaking: I want task 2 to start where task 1 ended, etc. Somehow I'm not able to figure it out Thnx! The Red Special Hi, In order to start task2 where task1 ends you need to sum the values in Task1. Assuming Task1 information is in cells B4:D4 then the start date of Task2 in cell B5 would be =B4+C4+D4 And for more information on gantt charts see, http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=3...