Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?

Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate
the formula to show NA?

0
HOMER (12)

If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for
something better for several versions of Excel.

There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula
altogether.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Homer wrote:
> Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate
> the formula to show NA?

0
jonNO1 (306)
8/11/2009 4:20:28 PM
That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at someone having a
slick work around.  I guess NA is the slick work around.

Sounds like Microsoft is as reseptive to changing the headaches as Autodesk
is.

Thanks for the help.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for
> something better for several versions of Excel.
>
> There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula
> altogether.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://peltiertech.com/
>

> Homer wrote:
> > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate
> > the formula to show NA?

0
HOMER (12)

How to use the countif() function to count items in a table
I have a table contains multple columns of info as shown in the below AcctID ProjectName PMName Phase Status EIG Project 1 Wellie Initiation New MLI Project 2 John Develop Active EIG Project 11 Wellie Qualify Active EIG Project UUU John Design InActive MLI Project XX Carol Deployment Completed MLI Project YYY Carol Design Active I'd like to use the countif() function to complete the following metric such that I know how many projects for each status for each AcctID. EIG ...

CHART #5
How come...when you change the source data...in other words...expand the data series to incorporate new data within a chart.. save changes then, exit the chart,..... the cursor moves to the top of the spreadsheet?? Why is this so? Why can't my mouse (cursor) stay in and around the chart??? Larry ...

Line Column Graphs
I am trying to create a graph from 4 sets of data. I am looking at departmental success and as such have the success percentage for 3 individual departmenst in columns O,P&Q, and a global success rate in R. I want to create a graph with teh departmental success for each day shown in columns, and global success shown as a line. However, when I chose the Line Column Graph from the list, it only allows me to have 2 columns as opposed to the 3 I require. Can anyone help? Cheers Andy Hi, It will be easier if you create a standard column chart based on the 4 sets of data. Then s...

ropdownlist selected index remains zero
Hi, I have a ModalPopupExtender in my page. And In popup I am showing a gridview. Inside Gridview a dropdownlist is there. In pop there is a submitt button. But problem is in dropdownlist selected index remains zero irespective of my selection.Even after I select second,third or fourth Item ti will show first item of the dropdown as the selected Item. Please help. Please let me know why dropdownlist selected item is not getting changed ? Also all my code in Page_load is inside if (!IsPostBack). My Code is as below. binding gridview in the popup:- # protected void btnSear...

How to Use Pivot Tables in Excel
Although many people know how to use excel, not many people know how to use pivot tables. Pivot table is one of the most powerful tools when doing an analysis in Excel. Pivot Tables allow you to manipulate the data the way you want to see the results. WHAT IS A PIVOT TABLE? Pivot Tables allow users summarize large data, sort, count, filter items, switch rows and columns, drag and drop fields of the data which is stored in another source � another one table or spreadsheet anything you want. You can arrange the results based on the way you want to display. When you analyze large amounts of da...

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

Dynamic Charts #2
I know how to make Dynamic charts but how do you adjust the data serie automatically when new series data is added. For Example. Old Data chris 2 chris 5 sue 4 sue 3 New Data chris 2 chris 5 chris 6 sue 4 sue 3 When new data is added to the bottom the chart adjusts but how do yo get the series to adjust to the "chris" series which is in the middle? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Using the technique based on the OFFSET function...

Creating relationship to Contract Lines
I have created a custom entity for subcontractors and I want to add a relationship from the Contract Lines entity to subcontractors. i.e. in service to allow the lookup of the subcontractor from a contract line. I can add a relationship to the Contract entity but not to Contract Lines. Any ideas why or how I can do this? -- JGC The reason you can't do this is that ContractLine is not a user owned entity. Contract line is kind of unique. Most entities are 'user-owned', 'organization-owned', and a few are 'business unit-owned'. The ownership is important becau...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

how to use SEARCH?
Could someone please tell me how to use the function SEARCH in XL? I tried the exampel in help, but it doesn�t work =(((((((( -- hendersson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hendersson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18427 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477465 Place formulae in cell A1 : =SEARCH("a",C1,1) Cell C1 contains Dave Cell A1 returns 2 as the 2nd letter of c2 is "a". Search finds first match and returns position of match starting at posit...

Can a zoom in/out chart be made? #2
How can I make a chart which can be zoomed in or out using the mouse or a button Ram, One method would be to use macros. You would add a user form with a scrollbar to your spreadsheet. The scrollbar would zoom the sheet and in turn zoom the chart. To do so, create a new code module and call it “Module1”. Add this code to the module: Sub ShowForm() UserForm1.Show End Sub Go to the sheet where your chart resides. Add a button to that sheet via the Forms toolbar that will activate the scroll form described below. Attach the macro above to that button. Next, create a new use...

CSV file dropping lead zeros
I have a CSV/Txt file that I am opening and I tell it that it is tab delimited. I find that my first columns, that have numbers in them, are dropping the leading 0's. I don't want that. I need the leading zeros. How do I tell excel not to do this? Thanks, Tom Use NotePad to look at your .csv file. I bet the leading 0's are lost when you re-import into excel. If you have to reimport into excel, you can rename the .csv file to .txt. Then when you open the text file, you'll see the data|text to columns wizard. You can specify the format of each field--including Tex...

How to Use Retail Sales Statistics Table?
E:\My Documents\*.htm when I copy the table to Excel 2003, it works, Year 2003 Retail Sales Statistics 2003 2002 Company Name Industry Sales Amount Retail Number: Number: Thousand Dollars LastYeaarSamePeriodRate±% Thousand Dollars LastYeaarSamePeriodRate±% 1 1 HundredUnite Department Store/SuperMarket/Convenient Store 67627140 22.46 67627140 22.46 2 3 National Beauty HomeApplianceSpecialShop 23878860 34.25 23878860 34.25 3 2 DL D Commerce Department Store/SuperMarket/Convenient Store 23084920 26.96 15035460 12.46 How can I use this table? ...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

Corrupt TCP segments using CSocket
I am developing a simple streaming video application. I am using TCP with the CSocket MFC class and I have a thread the writes the data for each frame in a separate Write(). The app works fine for about 2 minutes of "playing" the video, but after some time (2-15) minutes I am getting segments with invalid TCP checksum (observing the traffic in etherreal). If I retry the connection from the client it doesn't recover. It recovers when I restart the server. Any ideas? Ask your question additionally at microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks NG. -- Vladimir <vladimir.rale...

No signature lines in replies
Hello, I have an ongoing problem: If I create new mail my signature line is embedded all right. But on the other hand, if I reply a message, the same signature line is not embedded to the mail! I have to do it manually. I set a signature text up in Tools>Options>Mail Format>Signatures for new messages as well as Signatures for replies and forwards i.e. both cases have a signature text. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Cem what version of outlook and are you using word or the outlook editor? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

Social Security Numbers & Leading Zeros
I imported over 3000 records that are tied to social security numbers. The SS numbers come in as text and I need to change them to numbers. How do I do this and retain leading zeros? -- Thanks, CSS Wasn't aware that social security numbers could begin with a zero they must have changed things. In any case you want to use text for such identifying "numbers". The usual problem reported is with credit card numbers that are 16 digits and Excel only handles 15 significant digits so you must use TEXT or suffer the consequences of unbillable "numbers" since the last...

Replace zeros with "-" in Reports
Hello Experts, I have a report that based on a query. The query adds up my monthly hours for the people that work on the project and the report displays the result. my formula in the query to calculate total forJanuary for example is 07Jan: Nz([07Jan_1])+Nz([07Jan_2])+Nz([07Jan_3])+Nz([07Jan_4]). So all I do is add the field 07Jan into my report. The problem am having is I like to replace all the 0.00 totals with "-". I try to do IIF(Nz([07Jan]=0,"-",Nz([07Jan]) but I get an #Error in the repot. The only way I got to work is by using a text box and if I repeat th...

where do i get info on how to use excel?
i don't have a manual or anything. can i buy one? is there a college course or something? hi, all of the above. most good book stores with have an excel for dummys book. microsoft site has books for all version. college course tend to be generic and way too short. books are better. and cheaper. the net is a good source too. try these sites http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#tutorials http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/xlbook25.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm http://www.contextures.com/ http://www.mrexcel.com http://www.rondebruin.nl/ and you can hang ar...

plot
Dear member, I have a question . The question is how to make a graph=85.I do know your name or kind For example I have range the value of mean and variance. I need to plot the two in same graph how is attachad . mean var tn 287.787 120.619 t12 2.147.523 13.843.230 t18 2.698.113 22.254.429 t24 3.288.497 17.780.971 td 1.841.121 7.918.387 Anyone have one idea.. how to make it? Thanks&Regards Jen Hi, Highlight all the data, with titles and click the Chart Wizard button and choose a line chart type, follow the wizard. However, your first two data points are very large relative to al...

Import of QIF file prevented due to "too many lines"...
Hello! Currently I&#8217;m encountering a problem while I&#8217;m trying to import a *.qif file. A few files could be imported successfully &#8211; however for two of them I get the message &#8220;QIF statement import stopped because the file was not recognised as QIF. Either a line was long or a supposed transaction had too many lines to be QIF&#8221;. As background information &#8211; I want to &#8220;merge&#8221; two different MONEY 2003 Deluxe files. Thus I&#8217;ve exported the different accounts from one file and import them into the actual ...

Draw line between two points using data on the spreedsheet
From the menu, Insert|Chart If you need more information, reply back with more information in the body of the post. A post without a body cannot be replied to in some venues. Jerry Woody Canuck wrote: ...

Dynamic cell ranges in charts
Hi, I have set up a number of named cell ranges which plot ok in the chart, but now I want make global changes in the cell ranges without having to modify them in the "Refers To" box. I am using Excel 2007. Can I use Named cells within the Refers To box, ie. calling the new max and min cells and establishing the range that way? Of course. For example, take Shane's suggestion from your last post, and replace various parameters with cell addresses or names: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100),1) becomes for example =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,Sheet1!$C$1,Sheet1!$D$...

Macro to paste chart as enhanced metafile
I have a large number of excel charts to paste into Word as enhanced metafiles. I need a macro to do this, but can't figure out how to write it. Any help would be appreciated! ...