No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart

I have this ongoing spreadsheet with many worksheets.  I normally copy and
paste a chart and simply change the source data.  I keep getting this error
when trying to paste that "no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook"
and it won't paste.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?
0
thmpper (1)

This page explains how you can put off that error until you have many
more charts:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

The problem is that a chart with autoscaling fonts uses twice the font
resources on a chart with static font sizes. (Also I suspect the
limitations are based on 1980's computer architectures.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

thmpper wrote:

> I have this ongoing spreadsheet with many worksheets.  I normally copy and
> paste a chart and simply change the source data.  I keep getting this error
> when trying to paste that "no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook"
> and it won't paste.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

How can I strip the extensions from filenames in a query?
I have an Access 2003 table created by importing an Excel spreadsheet. One field in this table contains the filenames of digital images in various formats. These filenames are of varying lengths and have extensions such as ..jpg, .jpeg or .tif (other file extensions are also possible). For example, A red car.jpg A blue bus.tif Mountain view.jpeg How can I write an query expression to strip off the extension, and which will work regardless of the length of the extension? Essentially, I want to drop the dot and everything that follows so that I end up with, A red car A blue bus Mountain ...

Can't import .pst file to reloaded Outlook
Can anyone help? Windows XP crashed and I was forced to reinstall the whole thing. Before doing so, I managed to export my personal folders to a .pst file that I put on a cdRom. When I reinstalled Outlook and tried to import that .pst file from the cdRom, I got an error message saying that access was denied to the file. I then saved it to my hard drive and tried again. This time I was able to import the file but all it did was put an empty folder in my list. The information that was supposed to be there does not seem to be. Is there a solution to retrieve my e-mails? Please h...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Can I Display Winodws File Folder Contents in Outlook?
OL2007/Exchange: I have found how to set a particular outlook folder to display a website by seleting the home page tab under properties. Is there a way to have this display the contents of a windows file folder instead of an html file? I have tried something like c:\my documents, and even file:\\c:\my documents, but this does not seem to work. I've thought of perhaps making an html file with links to the contents of the folder and displaying that html file. Looks pretty easy, but if we add new files, etc., then the html file does not get automatically updated. I know this is a stran...

Style available all sheets new or old

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Why is excel 2007 slow when selecting chart data from the formula
Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar. For example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the cell references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of excel including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in the formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used with excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears. ...

Adding new pages

Outlook Express 6 loosing e-mail after reading & 2 copies
I read my email and then I switch to another folder SENT/Trash etc... I go back to my INBOX and my email is gone. Does anyone know why? I also have another problem. When I check for new email I get 2 copies of every one. Any body know why? Thanks in advance, Bill This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5....

New User has admin rights

Excel Pie Chart Slices
Is there a maximum number of slices you can have in a pie chart? Thank you, JLB As an experiment I made one with 120 slices - not very useful ! best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "JLB" <JLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BC0F185-7FC5-4534-BD11-27459BE393E0@microsoft.com... > Is there a maximum number of slices you can have in a pie chart? > > > Thank you, > JLB LOL, just tried one with 360 slices. Nice moiré patterns! Ed Ferrero "Bernard Liengme"...

need help with Special font
i use autocad to create a list of materials, I use a special font to show stacked fractions when inputing feet and inches. I have manage to export a comma dilimited? file that creates a list on excel. My problem is that the Font special characters show up insted of fractions. I want to do other formulas with the information, but With out the proper numbers its tough. The special font is .shx type and excel does not read it. I am havin a hrd time working through this, any comments or advice will help. I cna input common fractions but they may lead into more mistakes. Wuillian Medrano W...

Can't open Outlook #11
Just bought a new computer & copied my PST file over to it. When I go to open the file, it asks me for my password. Problem is: I don't have a password on the file. Any help would be appreciated. ...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder