new series option

Sometimes when I highlight a new series on the spreadsheet and drag it
into an existing chart, a pop-up appears giving me various options.
Other times, the new data just gets added to an existing series, which
is not what I want.  How can I either get the pop-up to occur every
time, or get the new data to form a new series every time?  Thanks for
any ideas.

0
brunsonl (3)

The easiest option is to copy the series from the data sheet and then go to
the chart and Edit/ Paste Special (rather than dragging) to get the prompt
for selecting a new series.
--
David Biddulph

"Shasbaz" <brunsonl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I highlight a new series on the spreadsheet and drag it
> into an existing chart, a pop-up appears giving me various options.
> Other times, the new data just gets added to an existing series, which
> is not what I want.  How can I either get the pop-up to occur every
> time, or get the new data to form a new series every time?  Thanks for
> any ideas.

0
David
3/7/2007 5:39:35 PM
Copy the data, then select the chart and use Edit menu > Paste Special to
get the dialog.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Shasbaz" <brunsonl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I highlight a new series on the spreadsheet and drag it
> into an existing chart, a pop-up appears giving me various options.
> Other times, the new data just gets added to an existing series, which
> is not what I want.  How can I either get the pop-up to occur every
> time, or get the new data to form a new series every time?  Thanks for
> any ideas.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Disruption of order of data series in 100% stacked charts
I have built a 100% stacked chart based on 4 yearly series. My problem is the series are not displayed in the same order in every stack. In one of the stacks, one data point jumps up from the bottom to the center, like so: a a a b d b c b c d c d 2001 2002 2003 (d jumps up in year 2002) I would like the series to be aligned and so to appear in the same order in every stack. Tweaking the series order setting only serves to displace the problem. Thanks for any suggestion. Could you also post some typical data? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft ...

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

Send/Receive option doesn't work with Hotmail account
How do I setup outlook 2003 for automatic send/receive e-mails for hotmail account. Send/Receive groups is already schedule for automatic send/receive every 2 minutes and Inbox folder set for download headers only but it does not work with Hotmail account. Is there third party software that I can use to send/receive automatically E-mails? Note: Just reinstalled completely and updated Windows XP sp2 and Microsoft office 2003 from scratch and the same problem. Send should be automatically with hotmail. Note that you are just viewing a copy of the mailbox, so it may refresh only wh...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

Excel Options
Can anyone tell me how I can have the default setting in Excel set to NOT wrap the text? I do a lot of copy/pasting and it drives me nuts to keep having to deselect the wrap text. HELP!!! For me, the default is off. But I think excel tries to help. If you paste text into a cell and that text contains alt-enter, then excel says: you need wraptext on! And does it. You could give up trying to do it after each paste and just do one mighty change (all your cells selected) when you're finished. or you could use a macro and assign it to your favorite shortcut key: Option Explicit Sub t...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Tax exempt
I'm updating sales transaction using eConnect, I like to check whether by mapping is working correctly for both the tax-exempt customers and non-tax exempt customers. 1. I like to know what is the effect of setting value in Tax exempt 1, Tax exempt 2, Tax Registration Number in Customer Maintenance Screen. 2. When Freight / Miscellaneous tax schedule id is set to "Base on customers", based on which value of customer's it is calculated? Any information will be helpful. ...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...

New Accounts on Exchange 2003
This week I entered two new people and the reciepent policy is not providing the necessary email addresses. Of course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no one can email them. I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD. Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent policy? Omer, Thanks for the response. The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an hour. I changed it to every 15 minutes. I also tried the "Update Now" feature. For both of these, there were no events generated. I remember setting up trace logs earlier this y...