negative numbers on line chart

When creating a line chart the negative numbers appear below the
X labbels.  I do know how to change a bar chart to place the X labels below
the bars rather than in the middel, but I can't figure it out for a line
chart.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Ann
0
Ann (124)

I found my answer.  I went to  http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm,

"ann" wrote:

> When creating a line chart the negative numbers appear below the
> X labbels.  I do know how to change a bar chart to place the X labels below
> the bars rather than in the middel, but I can't figure it out for a line
> chart.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you, Ann
0
Ann (124)
7/14/2009 6:27:01 PM
If in doubt, always go to http://www.andypope.info or
http://www.peltiertech.com/

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I found my answer.  I went to  http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm,
>
> "ann" wrote:
>
>> When creating a line chart the negative numbers appear below the
>> X labbels.  I do know how to change a bar chart to place the X labels
>> below
>> the bars rather than in the middel, but I can't figure it out for a line
>> chart.  Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you, Ann

0
BobNGs (423)

Formating Negative Figures in Brackets
Excel 2007 In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ? Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new version, or am I missing something ? -- Shrikant The below might be useful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832285 -- Jacob "Shrikant" wrote: > Excel 2007 > In earlier version of Exc...

Shading in Chart
I have a column chart with the axis from +30% to -30%. I want to highlight the columns that fall outside of the 5% range. Is there a way to shade the plot area from +5% to -5% in gray? Hoping I am clear. Thank you. Hi, You can additional series to provide the shading. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Cheers Andy Chris wrote: > I have a column chart with the axis from +30% to -30%. I want to highlight > the columns that fall outside of the 5% range. Is there a way to shade the > plot area from +5% to -5% in gray? Hoping I am clear. Thank you. -- And...

[Fwd: Re: How to not copy the numbering from numbered list in Word ?]
FYI By temporarily disabling the numbers and bullets in word before you copy and paste the text. Then you can simply close the word document (without saving it) so that no changes in the word file are saved. That one time call girl may suggest that you should use Tipex on the screen to remove the numbers!!! You have been warned. hth dingdongdingding wrote: > > Hi ! > I want to copy a numbered list in Word and paste to a text file. > The numbers show up. How do I not copy the numbers preceding the > items ? > > Thanks very much in adv...

column with numbers
Hi! Suppose, I have a two (or several) columns with numbers. I want to analyze two or more columns in a different way, for instance I want to know the growth in percentage and probably have some visual interpretation (i.e. arrow up or down). Is there an Excel plug-in or stand-alone software for this? If anyone expirienced the same problem? I'm going to look for such a software, if one have in mind some other "must-have" features that I missed? Thank you! bob.elliott@aks-labs.com wrote: > Hi! > > Suppose, I have a two (or several) columns with numbers. I want to >...

How to combine multiple org chart files into one Visio doc?
I am new to Visio. I would like to create one document with many pages (created from Excel sheet data/Org Chart Wizard Feature). What is the best way to do this? This is one way, perhaps not the best, in Visio 2007, you can start a new drawing using the Org Chart Wizard: (Tool Bar)>File>New>Business>Org Chart Wizard. Follow the directions are you create a chart on Page-1. You may rename the page if you like. Then, for each succeeding chart import, you need to add a new page: (Tool Bar)>Insert>New Page. For each new page, you can import the new org chart using...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

Negative Allocation
I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not exist for this item and site". The items were moved from the source site to the destination, but the allcoated quantites in the source site are now negative. Any ideas how to fix this? Have you run the inventory reconcile process? (Utilities - Inventory - Reconcile) "Eric Capponi" wrote: > I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed > and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not...

In "Line-Column on 2 Axis," why does not a series change to colum.
I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart. However, EXCEL decides that it will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts. When I change the axis for series 5 and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes. The chart description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as column. I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns. How do I change them to columns? Try this: Create a column chart for all the data. Select the series of data for the line chart and change the chart type for that series only to LINE. If necessary, plot the line series ...

Charts in Reports 10-10-07
I would like to have a report that just contains a column chart to graphically show the count of the types of complaints and the timeframe . I have built a simple query, with a 'Date of Complaint' and 'Complaint Category' field. The query has a date parameter prompt of 'BeginDate' and 'EndDate'. I have used the Chart Wizard when trying to create a chart, but it doesn't graph anything, the graph shows up blank. Can anyone help me make a simple graph based on my query.I am new to graphs in Access and would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance......

Draw a line
Hi I have my DC: CClientDC dcRef(this); I want to draw a line dcRef.MoveTo(0,0); dvRef.LineTo(1000,1000); But I don't anything drawing on my screen The BackGroud of the DC is Black and I can't change it . What's the problem Thanks for help "Hermione" <Hermione@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07075B6E-E5D5-4B8C-8321-FA87FD19FF38@microsoft.com... > > I want to draw a line > > dcRef.MoveTo(0,0); > dvRef.LineTo(1000,1000); > > But I don't anything drawing on my screen Not enough information. The reason is often one of...

Can not adjust row height. The line snaps back.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel This is an unprotected form for which I need to adjust row height to get it to fit on one page. When I &quot;grab&quot; the row, it snaps back. The only way to do it is to adjust cells in Table Properties. In my old word, I could just grab and move the line. Have you set a specified a height for the rows and that is giving you this problem? Check in table properties/row and also check properties/table/options &quot;default spacing between cells&quot;. ...

Aligning title, legend, x axis title on chart
Question is for Excel 2000, running under Windows 2000. When you are working on a chart and the titles get out of center, is there any way to align them relative to the chart area without just eyeballing while you drag & drop. I keep thinking I should be able to shift click and align objects the way I can with drawing objects. But neither shift-click, nor ctrl-click allows me to select multiple objects. I have several charts that I need to clean up and would love to be more accurate that just edging objects around. Also, one other question. Is there any way to resize the cha...

making a negative effect
I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any help would be appreciated dctakj <dctakj@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an > invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any > help would be appreciated Printing this on white paper will be expensive because of the amount of ink used. Printing this in black paper will be (virtually) impossible. Now that's under your belt,...

Changing number to dates
When ever I try to paste the characters 6-16 or 4-14 for example it is displayed as a date. I have tried formatting the cells to read this information as text. it is always overridden and converted to a date. How do I paste this info and have it appear the way that I want? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Hi Craig format the target cells as 'Text' or insert the values with a leading apostrophe (') Frank Craig wrote: > When ever I try to paste the characters 6-16 or 4-14 for example it > is displayed as a date. I have tried formatting the cells to read > this info...

How to run rc.exe from a command line ?
I work with vc++ 6. I have an MFC project with a resource file created by the MFC wizzard. I can not run rc.exe on this file. It says "RC: fatal error RC1107 : invalid usage: use rc /? for help" I have no problems running rc.exe my own (simple) resource files. I assume that VC runs rc.exe with some more defines/swithces. Can anyone tell me how should I run it (and succeed) ? Thanks Maurice As I responded to your CodeProject post, you need to give the exact rc command line you are using...you didn't mention that this was using my version number incrementer which requires a ha...

How do I add a target line to a chart?
I have a blood pressure spreadsheet and I want to add target diastolic and systolic lines. Is there an easy way to do this? -- DMM Hi, Create two new series, one for each line. For each series all the numbers are the same. Highlight the new data series and copy them. Click on the chart and paste them. If they are not lines, single click one of the new series and choose Chart, Chart Type, and change to a line. Repeat for the other line. Double click one of these lines and on the Patterns tab set the Markers to None. repeat. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "soconfused" w...

Line 163 Excel Address Template
I am in the process of creating an Address list to be used for a mail merge in the future. The template begins as I expect, with odd numbered rows being shaded blue and even numbered rows with no color. At line 163, the alternating row color stops. All rows are white (no fill). I've tried a number of formatting fixes, but nothing works. I even tried to start the sheet over. Again, alternating color stops at Line 163. How do I continue the alternating color of rows for the rest of my sheet? My thanks. P. S. Hope I've explained this properly. -- mtnrider Try this S...

rounding numbers
Can have have a particular spreadsheeet always round numbers upwards. For example, 25.3 would be 26? Thanks for any help On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:14:59 -0500, "Frafi" <frafi@usia.com> wrote: >Can have have a particular spreadsheeet always round numbers upwards. For >example, >25.3 would be 26? >Thanks for any help > Look at HELP for the ROUNDUP and CEILING Worksheet Functions --ron You could use the ROUNDUP function for example if A1 contains 25.3, and B1 contains =ROUNDUP(A1,0) will give 26 That should do the trick regards Neal "Frafi" <frafi@...

how do i sum a total in excel with numbers and text 58kg + 60kg
I can't seem to find a formula to add a column of numbers that have text, e.g 50kg+60kg+75kg won't add - can anyone help Many thanks Whenever you need to use numbers and text together and also need computations, use custom formatting: Pick an empty cell and pull-down: Format > Cells > Number > Custom and enter General"kg" if you then enter 100 in that cell, it will appear as 100kg, but you can still use it for computations. -- Gary's Student "Bryan" wrote: > I can't seem to find a formula to add a column of numbers that have text, e.g ...

Negative Expenses
I'm using Money 2007 Premium but have had this problem in the last several versions as well. Why is it that if I record a negative expensive, it is not reflected in the reports? An example: Let's say I go out to dinner with a friend. We receive the check and I pay by credit card and my friend pays me with cash to cover his/her part. I record the restaurant in the Food: Dining Out category in my credit card account and then record that I received the cash in my Cash account and classify it as a negative expense to the same category. However, when I view the reports, only the pos...

Page numbers in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I cannot get Insert Page numbers to work in word, in documents elements when I choose Header, in other words, in any format. When I select Insert, etc. I get a grayed button reading "page" instead of the numbers. I even had an email response from Microsoft but their instructions did not correct the problem. They had me put several items in the trash, and finally restart. Nothing worked. It sounds to me like you simply may have toggled the display of Field Codes -- Try keying Option+F9 or go into the Head...

Assign random numbers
Hello everyone I have a table with roughly 40000 records, that gets more records added weekly. From this table my staff work through each record and add a closed date when finalised. The table the staff are working off contains an "Investigated By" field which is linked to the staff members name on a seperate table, the default investigated by name is "Exception". At this point, only one person can work on the records at a time. The amount of records that get added weekly varies and I want to be able to allocate an employees name to each new record so that they show...

Chart size
Is there a way to make the User defined chart be made a specific size when created? We will be making multiple charts and I wish them all to be a specific size as they are then copied to Word. Thank you Deborah - If you make the chart with the Chart Wizard, you are stuck with the default size and position, which is *approximately* half of the height and width of the active pane, centered within the pane. You can resize charts by dragging their corners, and if you hold down the Alt key, the chart edges stay aligned with cell boundaries, so you could make the charts the same size this ...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

Entering Numbers in to cells
Is there a way to get Excel to warn you if you/not allow you to enter number into a cell that is smaller than 0 or greater than 10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out Data Validation in XL Help (one topic: About setting restrictions on cells and displaying input and error messages) In article <Binkx.10r6hm@excelforum-nospam.com>, Binkx <<Binkx.10r6hm@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Is there a way to get Excel to warn you if you/not allow you to enter a > number into a cell that is smaller than 0 or greater than 10. data>validation>...