Needing to re-order a datatable display on an Excel chart

I have a chart in Excel with two Y axes.  One Y axis is percentages, the
other is integers.

The Chart itself uses a Column Chart Type for the Percentages and a Line
Chart Type for the Integers (I only have dataset for the integers).

There are six sets of data that are being graphed (for simplicity we will
just refer to them as Series 1-6).

Series 1 is on the Secondary Axis (Integer, thus the line chart) and the
others are all on the Primary Axis (Percentages, thus the column chart).

The datatable that Excel shows has Series 1 at the bottom of the table.  Is
there a way to get it at the top, while leaving the chart types alone?

I have tried putting Series 1 on the Primary Axis and the others on the
secondary axis, but as long as it is a line chart, it always goes to the
bottom.  I can get it to the top of the datatable, if I make Series1 a column
chart type - which I don't want to do.

Is there a way to get Series 1 to the top of the datatable that is displayed
in the chart?

Thanks for your help.

Rich

0
Poody (6)

Excel 1997
I know, I know...... It's time to upgrade my microsoft office software, but right now I can't afford it. So I'm stuck still using my Office '97 edition. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to hide the contents of a specific cell so that when I printed the page the contents would not be seen. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? Thx. You could change the colour of the characters in that cell to white, but don't forget to change it back or you will never see it on screen. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply b...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Organisation Chart
Hi I've written a solution in VB 6.0 via visio 2000 that creates org charts and exports them to our intranet. I do it this way as i have more control over everything This works fine when you run it from the command line and you are logged in. (charts are produced and exported) But when i try to run it via an XML web service (using shell method) it just hangs, this happens when i try to bring in the organisation chart template, the server beeps (no event logs) and i only get an error when i go on the server and kill the visio task the web service is set up to run as an authenticat...

Stopping/restarting services: order important ?
Hi, I need to run 2 batch files: one thay stop Exchanges services and one that start them up. This is the batch that stop them: start /min net stop MSExchangeMGMT /yes start /min net stop RESvc /yes start /min net stop POP3Svc /yes start /min net stop IMAP4Svc /yes start /min net stop NntpSvc /yes start /min net stop SMTPSVC /yes net stop MSExchangeES /yes net stop MSExchangeIS /yes net stop MSExchangeMTA /yes net stop MSExchangeSA /yes And the batch that start them up: start /min net start MSExchangeMGMT /yes start /min net start RESvc /yes start /min net start POP3Svc /yes start /min ...

Excel need help

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Chart apearing small for one user only
I have a situation where person one sends person two a excel 2003 document with a chart and person two can see the chart but it is rely small. Person one can send the file to other people and it shows up fine. Person two can send the same file to other people and it shows up fine. What is wrong with person two's setup? The zoom percentage on both computers for both people are always the same value. Person two can increase his and it seems as if it distorts the chart. When he sends that file to someone else it looks ok (not distorted) but very big. Please help. Thanks. Do...

Macro help needed........

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Display Multiple User Forms
Is there a way to display two userforms simulataneously. I have an application with about 10 data entry forms. I want to creat a navigation form that would always be open that would allow the use to jump from one form to another. How can I do this? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel2000 or later, just create modeless forms (ShowModal property = False) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ripan >" <<Ripan.103gp7@exce...

Need help on this....thanks

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

Invoice print order
Can invoices be printed in customer NAME order? Laura, I don't believe so. The reason I don't believe that will work is that the sort is hard coded in Dexterity and while I haven't tested this in a while, I'm pretty sure the "sort by" clause as issue by Dexterity will override any user added sorts. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Laura Anne" <LauraAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC967CD-80DC-431A-AA4F-F1FBC75F88F4@microsoft.com... >...

I need Help

need help badly

hide workbook behind chart
Hi, I am dealing with a pre-owned spread-sheet. It has nice charts in each worksheet; when looking at these charts the background of the worksheet is not visible - the chart appears to be "floating" in the workshhet . Whenever I add a new chart to the book (on a new worksheet) I get a chart sitting atop a grid of cells. How can I make my new charts pretty like the other ones? Bill... The "nice" chart you describe is not embedded in a worksheet, instead it is its own chart sheet. In step 4 of the chart wizard you have a choice whether to create the chart as an objec...

Change Font/Display Size???
Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided to make VIsta the primary. Is there any way to change the size of the display/fonts on the display to something larger? Too small for these tired eyes. I can change the desktop display size ,but then it screws up the display for every other program. Any help would be appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, starrin wrote: >Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as >backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided t...

How do I Create backup of excel file in other folder
Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, but I have traffic in my working folder, so I need the backup files to be in other folder. Using VBA< you can use the SaveCopyAs method and specify the target. -- HTH Bob Phillips "khalid" <khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A442EDF2-66D9-4F8E-A36D-13CFE12A22F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. > I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, ...