Need pivot table data to return the value rather than sum, count,

Is there any way to return the data itself into the pivot table data?  I used
to be able to return the value, not the sum, count or calculation.  Now there
is not a selection for it in the drop-down box.

How to Sum infinite formula
I'm doing a transition matrix (hazard rate method) using formula (trying to avoid using VBA under some company policy), but then, i'm stuck when it comes to summing infinite formula. the formula i come out with looks like this {=L34:T42+L14:T22+MMULT(L14:T22,L14:T22)/ 2+MMULT(MMULT(L14:T22,L14:T22),L14:T22)/ 6+MMULT(MMULT(MMULT(L14:T22,L14:T22),L14:T22),L14:T22)/24} where L34:T42 is something like a {1,0,0; 0,1,0; 0,0,1} matrix (not sure what this called, i'll just refer to matrix A) but in 9x9 L14:T22 is my Generator Matrix, also in 9x9 the formula should be: Tra...

Matching data in different sheets but slight difference in time va
Hi Please help. I have two sheets as follows: Sheet 1: Date / Time / Number Dailled / Duration /Cost 22/1/10 10:00 01234123456 00:01:57 0.789 Sheet 2: Date / Time / Number Dailled / Duration /Extension 22/1/10 10:02 01234123456 00:01:56 1501 I am trying to put the cost of the phone call against the relevant extension on sheet 2 that has dialled the number dialled. Obviously I can match the number dialled in both cases, and the...

restrict data in a pivottable
Hi, how can I resrtict the column and row values in a pivot table. for example of "date" is my column heading, and the base data has dates from 2004 and 2005, can I force the date "drop down" to only include those dates from 2005 (so you could never have the option of clicking a 2004 date) thanks Hi confused, Right-click the date column heading. Select Group and Show Detail, then Group... from the pop-up menu. Group by Days and Years, then click OK. Drag the Years column heading to the Page Field area. Select a year from the page field drop-down. More detail is avail...

Export CRM Data to Outlook
Hello, is it possible to transfer CRM 3.0 contacts and activities from CRM to Outlook? Contacts should have to be found in contacts and activities in the calendar. Any ideas? Stefan If you install the CRM for Outlook client, you can sync the contacts into your Outlook. Dave "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:431EAA1A-1D92-46D3-A73E-7967ABB41CDE@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > is it possible to transfer CRM 3.0 contacts and activities from CRM to > Outlook? > Contacts should have to be found in contacts and activities in the ...

Sum of specific cell from several worksheets
I have a workbook with 12 worksheets, one for each month of the year. I also want to add a "year to date" worksheet. Is there a simple way to take the sum and/or average of a specific cell, over the 12 month period, and carry it over to the same cell on the YTD worksheet? Example: I have a "total pay" in cell A1, on each of the 12 worksheets. I want the sum of all of the A1 cells to compute in cell A1 on the YTD worksheet. Ensure that the YTD sheet is placed outside of the group of 12 monthly sheets. Ensure that the 1st month (eg: Jan 09) and last month...

interpolated values
Column A Column B Column D 4.99 3650 6.500 5.06 3940 6.450 5.12 4230 6.400 5.19 4520 6.400 5.26 4810 6.450 5.33 5100 6.500 5.39 5430 6.500 5.46 5760 6.400 5.53 6090 6.350 5.60 6420 6.300 5.68 6750 6.200 5.73 7100 6.150 5.80 7450 6.150 5.87 7800 6.100 5.93 8150 6.050 6.00 8500 6.000 6.07 8850 6.150 6.14 9200 6.350 6.21 9550 6.450 6.27 9900 6.470 6.34 10250 6.900 6.41 10650 6.950 For the input values of column "A" I am having respective out put values in column "B". now for any input number between "4.99" to "...

Count If ?
Can i use the countif function with multiple conditions. i.e. if Range a = value + range b = value then sum Range c If not any ideas on how i do this. Many thank -- Lesoth ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lesotho's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1582 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27317 Hi you need to use the SUMPRODUCT function =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="A")*(B1:B100="B")) for counting for summing =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="A")*(B1:B100="B&q...

Employment Type lookup values in Great Plains?
Does anyone know what table holds the look up values for the "Employment Type" field in the Great Plains HR application? I know that department codes are in UPR40300, supervisor codes are in UPR41700, etc but I can not seem to find the Employment Type codes. Any help would be appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b2f8766d-a4c1-4d5a-97af-c38852b3b455/book-review-effective-c.aspx They are stored in the GP app - not in a table 1 = F...

Hi Bruce Hagen
Hi Bruce I have XP Pro and IE7. Hope you can help me again. Many months ago it was determined that my OE was corrupt. I remember you instructing me to delete certain folders in OE and then upon a restart they would be re-installed by the system. I did that and the problem was solved. Now it seems that my WLM may be corrupt. I do not see my posts from any NG. Have to go to google groups, where I can just see some replies, but never my original posts. The some help that I can see doesn't solve the problem. Hope you can give me about the same procedures to delete those ...

Adding value to a Gift Card
How do you recommend adding value to a Gift Card? Scenario #1 We have a customer who has a gift card with a $25 balance remaining on it and he wants to add $75 to it. Scenario #2 We have a customer who has a redeemed Gift Card (no remaining value) who wants to add $50 to the card. Any recommendations? Thanks, -- Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. mailto:dan@endurosport.com http://www.endurosport.com/ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_123E_01C723CB.05655A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Getting data out of and into a dialog while it's "active"
Situation: I put up a dialog that contains, among other things, 2 drop-list combo boxes and on dropdown combo box. there's also a button nearby which the user can press to bring up another dialog to allow selecting the values for these three items using a different set of controls. I did something like this earlier when I had a multi-line edit control and a button to load the data from a file. When the user pushed the button, I used a file-open dialog to get the file and its contents and stuffed it into the CString variable and then returned to the main dialog. This worked perfectly. ...

Pivot Table border formatting and pivot chart formatting
I've haven't been able to eliminate the border formatting in a pivot table. Every time I change the page selection it defaults back to having borders. Does anyone know how to correct this? I've also been having the same problem with pivot charts. When I increase the width of a line in a chart and change the page selection it defaults back to the previous format. ...

PA Misc. Log Tables

Copy Paste a value down a column with autofilter on
Really needs someones help urgently. I am sure some one has come accross this. I have autofilter on for " LEVEL" and in the column "MARKET MATCH" I want to copy-paste a value (which is text ) for those that meet the criteria in the autofilter. So for only rows 3,7,10,33,66 as shown below I want to copy-and paste the word "HIGH" but not affect the hidden rows. How can I go about doing this ? Row # Level Market Match 3 10 7 10 10 10 33 10 66 10 Edson Enter the word "High" in the first visible row, then copy/paste it to the other visible rows. When...

Excel to store history information and display a count of reschedules
Hi, I currently copy data from a system into an excel spreadsheet on a weekly basis, used to store a history of implementation records. For each record I store a unique ID, target date, owner, description, category, approval status and a result. Each week I create a new worksheet/tab with the date for the name. Each implemenation will take about 3 weeks and therefore the data will be repeated in about 3 worksheets, albeit with slight changes to approval status, target date or descriptions. What I want to do is to calculate, for each record (implementation), the amount of times the target dat...

Table Indexes after upgrade to Dynamics GP v9
After upgrading to Dynamics GP we received an error that was due to "Index 'AK6GL00100' on table 'GMI.dbo.GL00100' does not exist". While troubleshooting this problem I found that there were not any clustered indexes on my GL00100 or GL00105 tables. So, I found the Indexes.cmp in the SQL\Install\0\Company on the server and tried to load the indexes for those tables from that file. That's when I discovered that the indexes in this file were not consistent with our account framework and assumed only 5 segments were in use. Thus, the reason why they failed to loa...

can't delete a corrupt record in a access 2007 table?
Access 2007 program but Access 2000 File format, Can't delete a corrupt record in a table, weird symbols, search error. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- I'm assuming that you tried a compact and repair. Are the weird symbols in a memo field? If so, here's what to try. 1. Make a complete backup of the database mdb file(s) and put away for safe keeping. 2. Create a query ...

Copy data from one worksheet to another.. but not contiguous data
I have searched through everything looking for a simple answer to what seems a simple task.. but I have not been lucky thus far... Worksheet1 Column G Row 1-14 nothing needed Row 5 Data #1 Row 10 Data #2 Row 15 Data #3 .... Row 2200 Data ... I am trying to take data from worksheet #1 starting at G5 then every 5 cells until row 2200 and put it in a seperate Worksheet in order... Worksheet2 Column C Row 1-10 nothing pasted Row 11 Data #1 Row 12 Data #2 Row 13 Data #3 .... Row 370 Data #... I could do it by hand, but it is a pain to do 370 entries. I have been trying with Indirect and Offse...

Big Help Needed Excel '95
A friend has a simple spreadsheet with 6 tabs along the bottom. Win 95 and Office 95 installed. One of the Tabbed sheets had a HUGE list of items and he "hit some key" and wiped out the data in the sheet. Doesn't know what he did and worse still saved the file and exited. Has no back-up! He can't duplicate what he did or even know what he did. I appreciate the data is probably lost, but my query is that the sheet, when you click the Tab shows no cell lines at all, no data obviously, but no cells at all? There are line numbers down the left side that you can click...

requesting data from exchange server
I am running Office 2000 on an XPpro machine. Some of my users still use Office 97, but those on Office 2000 are not yet on XP OS. None of them have mentioned having this problem: on a daily basis [now, several times a day] my Outlook freezes up "requesting data from exchange server". This is getting terribly annoying. I have posted this Q on the Exchange message board also, in hopes that someone has an idea of what is causing the lag. I clean out the BadMail folder [on the server] often, thinking that maybe our Symantec AV bogs down the server there. ...

How to combine data?

Summing up content from hyperlink cells
Anyone have any idea on how I can make Excel sum up the displayed values of several yperlink cells? This is an EXCELLENT question ! I will use it next semester. Let's say that in A1 thru A3 we have: =HYPERLINK("http://www.microsoft.com","15") each of the cells displays 15 However =SUM(A1:A3) shows 0 This is because the 15's are actually text values. They must be converted to numbers. Use: =SUM(--A1:A3) which must be entered as an array formula with CNTRL-SHIFT-ENTER rather than just ENTER -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200745 "Mort" wrote:...

hiding values that havent been used yet
I want to keep a running total of a balance column, so I have a formula adding the profit and loss of the day, and adding it to the previous days total. It works, but it starts by filling the whole column with noughts to the bottom of the page. As I add values, it repeats the latest value all the way down the page. I want to keep the cells empty until a new amount is added. I would also like to display negative values in red. Thanks for help... Assuming your values are in column A, put this in B1 and copy down, then format column B...........FormatCells > CUSTOM > and choose on...

Partition, sum and....?
I have a table where each record is a newspaper article, having this structure: idArticle dateArticle idNewspaper (relationed with other table) idArgument (relationed with other table) title timesRead (times the article has been read). I want to select for each article title, the sum of timesRead for all the articles of the relative idNewspaper and the sum of timesRead for all the articles of the relative idArgument. For example, if The New York Times has 3 article in the table, for a total of 20 readings, and 2 argumentes (comparted with other newspapers, the sum must in...

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...