need help making chart

I have a data table which im trying to produce a some charts from but
cant seem to get it right.

bit hard to explain without seeing the table so I have provided the
dummy workbook im working on at www.darkcity.nildram.co.uk/test.xls

in this example ive got the big data table, and the type of chart im
trying to produce form it us just below.  the problem is ive had to
manually create another smaller table under the big one in order to get
the chart to look anything like what its meant to.

i really need to have 3 charts produced based on whats in the big table
if possible, I need charts by week, month and year in the same format
as the chart ive made.

also in the chart i did manage to get which is just using total dummy
data, i need to put another 2 columns on the right hand end with
another axis on it for total actual and total plan which adds up the
numbers from the rest of the columns in the chart and displays the
total for that period.  I also cant work out why the legend is listing
everything like that when all i want it to list is actual as one colour
and planned as another (i clicked on the columns myself and changed
their colours and suddenly the legend which did just say "week10"
changed to what it is now.

What I need really is just some way to be able to generate these charts
quickly without having to manually create these data tables because
theres going to be lots of data in the proper thing, at the moment its
just one small thing from one of the project groups.

also the way the main data table is at the moment, the only way of
telling which project group each row belongs to is by the 'project'
columns cell colour, for which i have put a key at the top, currently
its just purple because they are all part of the 'special projects
infrastructure' group.  for my sample table i just made up the data so
i could demonstrate what the table should roughly look like.

anyone help with this? seems very complicated to me, ive done a
-little- bit of vb in excel with comand buttons and autofilter but not
done any charting and this seems to me not the easiest charts to make.

---

You could add a column to the table, in which you enter the project
type, to match your coloured categories at the top of the worksheet.

Then, create a pivot table from the data, with project type in the Row
area, and actual and planned fields in the Data area.

Add Date to the Page area, and you can filter for a specific date.

Create a pivot chart or normal chart from the pivot table. There's
information on pivot tables and pivot charts here:

neowok < wrote:
> I have a data table which im trying to produce a some charts from but
> cant seem to get it right.
>
> bit hard to explain without seeing the table so I have provided the
> dummy workbook im working on at www.darkcity.nildram.co.uk/test.xls
>
> in this example ive got the big data table, and the type of chart im
> trying to produce form it us just below.  the problem is ive had to
> manually create another smaller table under the big one in order to get
> the chart to look anything like what its meant to.
>
> i really need to have 3 charts produced based on whats in the big table
> if possible, I need charts by week, month and year in the same format
> as the chart ive made.
>
> also in the chart i did manage to get which is just using total dummy
> data, i need to put another 2 columns on the right hand end with
> another axis on it for total actual and total plan which adds up the
> numbers from the rest of the columns in the chart and displays the
> total for that period.  I also cant work out why the legend is listing
> everything like that when all i want it to list is actual as one colour
> and planned as another (i clicked on the columns myself and changed
> their colours and suddenly the legend which did just say "week10"
> changed to what it is now.
>
> What I need really is just some way to be able to generate these charts
> quickly without having to manually create these data tables because
> theres going to be lots of data in the proper thing, at the moment its
> just one small thing from one of the project groups.
>
> also the way the main data table is at the moment, the only way of
> telling which project group each row belongs to is by the 'project'
> columns cell colour, for which i have put a key at the top, currently
> its just purple because they are all part of the 'special projects
> infrastructure' group.  for my sample table i just made up the data so
> i could demonstrate what the table should roughly look like.
>
> anyone help with this? seems very complicated to me, ive done a
> -little- bit of vb in excel with comand buttons and autofilter but not
> done any charting and this seems to me not the easiest charts to make.
>

> ---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Help
Good morning, I wonder if anyone can offer some suggestions of whatmight be going on here.I have an access db/program that has a from that is filled in, andthat form has some sub-forms. This has been working fine for months.All of a sudden, when we go to type into one of the sub-forms (any ofthe subforms - there are 3 on the form), we are getting this error:A little box with "Microsoft Visual Basic in the blue at the top) popsup with "error in loading DLL"I think this is where it's getting stuck at because this comes upyellow when it starts debug (Private Sub Form_KeyPress....

How do I make a discussioan forum in micrsoft publisher
I'm trying to create a discussion forum for my website in Microsoft Publisher, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It is possible, and if so how, or is it not? Get the right tool for the job. MS FrontPage is a web authoring tool. Publisher is a desktop publishing tool. "Lasse Rune Hansen" <Lasse Rune Hansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC96945-78D1-4F6F-81CC-B73FE517009E@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a discussion forum for my website in Microsoft > Publisher, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It is po...

Access 2007 calculation help
i have 2 fields in a table, 'qty on order' and 'qty rxd', In a query I subtract 'qty rxd' from 'qty on order' how can i store the result of this calculation, so the next time the calculation is carried out it subtracts the 'qty rxd' entered by the user from the result of the previous calculation. The result is also to be shown on a form. Hi, you can use an update query to put the calculated result in the field [qty on order], but I think you'd better consider to create a history table, related 1 to many to the table with the 2 qty fi...

rules wizard makes outlook freeze.
I have created a rule in rules wizard, however, everytime a new email that satisfies the rule arrives outlook freezes and is not responding. I had to end task to restart it again. Upon restart I see the email that caused the freeze, however, now the rule wizard does not run and this email stays in my inbox. I can apply the rule by running it manually inside rules wizard but that is pain in the butt (of course, the rule is checked in rules wizard and of course the rule ends with "and stop processing more rules"). Is there any patch that would fix this problem. Thanks. Mu...

I need to Publish my pages as html and not htm.
When I publish my web page, it is saved as index.htm. I need it saved as html. All of the web pages that link to my main page use index.html and it woul dbe impossible to change all of their links. How can I save it as a html extension? In the save dialog you select the "index.htm" and type in "index.html". In the future please note that we have a web design forum for web publication questions. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Hess" <Hess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91507F43-88...

Outlook 2002 emails are not deleted
This is my third post on the group and I can't understand why I'm not getting any help. I just want to have those e-mails filtered to the Deleted Items box removed from my pop3 server. This used to work, but I noticed a couple weeks ago it doesn't any more. I had this problem with O Express and the problem was the deleted items folder was currupted, so i saved all deleted messages i need in a new folder, closed OE, deleted it from where windows stores it and restarted OE, which then created a new deleted items folder. did this help? if not email me and i will assist >...

Excel 2007 chart gridline color using vba
Hello, i want to apply a themecolor to a chart gridline using vba. I can apply normal colors (RGB, index) but not the theme color. Any idea? thx. berg Hi, Here are the various ways fo changing the colour. With ActiveChart With .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary) If .HasMajorGridlines Then With .MajorGridlines .Border.ColorIndex = 5 'set color to blue .Border.Color = RGB(0, 255, 0) ' green .Format.Line.ForeColor.ObjectThemeColor = msoThemeColorAccent2 End With En...

Using custom charts with other computers
I am changing between two custom charts using VBA. But the charts are stored locally in a file Xlusrgal.xls. If used on other computers, they wound not have these custom charts Can a custom chart be copied from chart to chart within a workbook? Or something better? Excel 97. ...

Complier Help Program only runs on single Computer
I have build up a small program which runs just fine on the system that the program was complied on however, it will not run on any other system. Someone told me that I need to turn a complier switch. I have read all the information that I have and can not seem to find out where or how to turn this switch on. Thanks in advance. Blair I guess I should have said that I was running Visual Studio 2005 Standard Blair wrote: > I have build up a small program which runs just fine on the system that > the program was complied on however, it will not run on any other > system. > > ...

newb how to make login script
i've heard of having a login script run to compare server copy to local copy dates(of a file) i've written a vbs file i thnk is more or less correct :-) how do i get that to run on login? "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:i2lqec$eir$1@news.eternal-september.org... > i've heard of having a login script run to compare server copy to local > copy dates(of a file) > i've written a vbs file i thnk is more or less correct :-) how do i get > that to run on login? There are a couple of ways of doing that (see below),...

Excel formula help needed!
Hello everyone, I would like to create a formula that would calculate a different levy charge dependent on the amount. The example is below and any help would be really appreciated. In circumstances where amounts owed do not exceed £100 or $100 12.5% charge will apply, 4% on the next £400 or $400, 2.5% on the next £1500 or $1500, 1% on the next £8000 or $8000 and 0.25% on any additional sum. In short different %'s will apply at different levels depending on monies mowed. I'm sure that there will be use of If/And but I'm not sure on the st...

CRM Error
Hello All, We were trying to install SharePoint Portal 2003 on the same server with CRM and after noticiying that it'll not work I manually removed SPS completely. Now when I try to go back to my CRM it gives me the following message on the Browser. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist [COMException (0x800703f0): An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.WhoAmI() +0 Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurrentUser(Cache cache, String username) +227 Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurre...

need template for college course schedule that will chart classes
Want a template that will allow input of course number & scheduled time so that the end product is a charted visual of weekly courses. A bar graph with monday through friday on X-axis and time in 15 minute intervals on Y axis starting at 0630 and ending at 1700. The chart can be bars of differant colors representing the various courses for a semester. I've worked on this all day and have no hair left. Thanks in advance for any help provided. ...

Help with query 04-20-10
Hello, I need some help with a query that I can't quite figure out the logic for. I need to select the primary key field from table1 where there are no records in which field1 are null and in which the number of records in which field1 =1 is greater than zero. I've tried several permutations to get this query to work and have not had success. Can someone give me a hand please? Thanks S I am not sure I understand the requirements, but see if the following example will help: CREATE TABLE table1 ( keycol INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, datacol INT); INSERT INTO...

Having a problem with late binding (Outlook), please help
Hello All, I got everyting but this task thing working and I'm getting fustrated... Below is the original code courtesy of Microsoft. Below is the code I use to Initialize Outlook and so far it works for sending mail but I can't figure out which lines need to be remmed out for it to work for tasks. I rem'd out 2 lines but still not working, please help. *****From Microsoft Automation Sample Function fncAddOutlookTask() 'Dim golApp As Outlook.Application Dim OutlookTask As Outlook.TaskItem <---- this is where it stops on compile telling undefined 'Se...

Desperate for help with Outlook 2003 (mail to hyperlink opens mutiple browsers)
I'm really desperate for a fix here. I'm running WinXP Pro SP2, IE6. I upgraded from from Office XP to Office 2003. When I did, two things happened. The Windows Installer box keeps popping up everytime a new mail message comes in. (Sometimes it pops up for no reason). I tried a Windows Installer cleanup utilitiy, but it didn't work. I ended up having to reload Office 2003, same prob. (Ive since tried repairing and reloading it several times) The REAL problem is that my e-mail works fine, but my wifes (same computer, both of us are administrators) can't e-mail hyperlinks in web...

Create separate chart for each row in excel
I am attempting to create a separate chart for each row of my worksheet (about 300 rows = 300 separate charts). Is there an easy way to do this? The actual data range will change month-to-month, so I would not want to have to recreate 300 new charts each month individually. While I have never created (or tried to create) 300 charts in a single workbook, it is easy to believe that performance and stability of Excel might become a question. Do you have to have 300 charts? Or will one chart (or a few) that can be easily changed to reflect new data suffice? If so, adapt the ideas behind ...

I'd like to make text on the screen fade out
Actually I tried to make new window which is applied setWindowRegion. the region was got from BeginPath TextOut EndPath CRgn::RegionFromPath then make window itself fade out on timer event.. Does that make sense? But the region which has text area is not neat.. So, I want to listen your opinion.. How can I make text fade out on screen.. the text should have transparent background.. Does anyone have idea? Depends on what you are fading out *to*. For example, if you are just fading out text on a fixed background, just redrawing the text using differering values of SetTextColor from blac...

New Shocking Youtube Video Shows How to Make Cash Fast
New Youtube video can make you 5 figures a month just by passing it around or Embedding it in your website or blog. It's powerful go watch it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9FxGOLKPnSA Then get a copy of it at: http://Blazebrown82.prospectblazer.com ...

Still looking for help on RULES ... is anyone there??
hey All; I have a few rules et up in OL2K3 and they were working fine until a week ago. One rule still works, but the rest will not work until I go into it and tell it to Run Rules Now and select each one. very annoying. Is there a fix for this or does anyone know why this happened and what I can do? The Rules still work when I run them automatically. I receive emails from Exchange 2003, but it can't be that because they were working before. ...

formula help #36
I need a formula for cell A1 to show what is in cell B1 when cell D1 has Y and and shw what is in cell C1 when cell D1 has N. Thanks to all Assuming it's either Y or N: =if(D1=Y,B1,C1) Ross "Bob Bob" <NOeMAILl@mail.com> wrote in message news:jJo3j.64715$cD.27626@pd7urf2no... >I need a formula for cell A1 to show what is in cell B1 when cell D1 has Y > and and shw what is in cell C1 when cell D1 has N. > > Thanks to all > > Ross has an answer but we need quotes: =if(D1="Y",B1,C1) If Y and N are not the only possibilities, then =if(D1=&q...

move acct from one file to another -Help please!
I am working with MS Money 2001, and I want to move an account from one of my MS Money files to another one of my MS Money files. Is this possible? Or do I have to recreate the entire account in the new file? Can anyone help me with this please!!! I can't find any information about it. Thank you! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=90. "stuckinmissouri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79af01c476b7$8eea77c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am working with MS Money 2001, and I want to move an > account from one of my MS Money files to another...

Excel 2000 capitalization help
We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the formula Excel provides =Upper (cell to cell) without any luck. does anyone have any suggestions? Thx DAN Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan wrote: > We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower > and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert > all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the > formula Excel pro...

Old Stock ticker symbols need 2B deleted
How do i delete the cache of old stock ticker symbols that appear every time i try to manually update the price of a stock? Thanks. gh Go to the portfolio, and click on Work with Investments -> Delete an investment if you want to remove them from the file - this should remove it from the price history list. If you want to keep any investment activities, then go to the investment in question, click on its details/settings and remove the symbol. Alternatively, click on update prices -> 'pick online prices to download' and deselect those you don't want to download. -...

Label on Bar Chart
I want to add a text box at the top of each bar with additional information about the bar. 1) is there an easy way to do this beside creating individual text boxes and 2) when I do created individual text boxes and print to a PDF I loose everthing in the textbox. Thanks! Try one of these free Excel add-ins, which allow you to apply text from a worksheet range to the datalabels in a plotted series: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutor...