Names on a Bubble Chart

Hi There,

I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...?

I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ...
The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the
corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble:

     NS AGP Growth
      Product1       9,052,494               22              (31)
      Product2       1,574,341               32              (25)
      Product3       1,759,511                 3              (45)
      Product4       1,539,132               13              (69)

Any thoughts?

Jen

Hi,

Have a look at Rob Bovey's free addin, which links data labels to cells.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Jen" <Jen.Carllson_NGMAIL@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...?
>
> I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ...
> The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the
> corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble:
>
>     NS AGP Growth
>      Product1       9,052,494               22              (31)
>      Product2       1,574,341               32              (25)
>      Product3       1,759,511                 3              (45)
>      Product4       1,539,132               13              (69)
>

> Any thoughts?
>
> Jen

0
andy9699 (3616)
6/27/2007 2:59:41 PM
Wow,

Powerfull!

Thanks for sharing it Rob! Andy, thanks for pointing me to Rob's add-in.

Jen
"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have a look at Rob Bovey's free addin, which links data labels to cells.
> http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Jen" <Jen.Carllson_NGMAIL@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi There,
>>
>> I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...?
>>
>> I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with
>> ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get
>> the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble:
>>
>>     NS AGP Growth
>>      Product1       9,052,494               22              (31)
>>      Product2       1,574,341               32              (25)
>>      Product3       1,759,511                 3              (45)
>>      Product4       1,539,132               13              (69)
>>

>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Jen

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Changing Chart Title
I have to print out 32 graphs each month for people to enter data on maually, using good old pencils. The problem I have is have I to change the month in the title on each graph, example #4 m/c March Set-Up Time #4 m/c April Set-Up Time Gets boring after the 3 or 4 one Is there a way I can enter the month somewhere and get the title to use the month from there? Thanks Roy 1. Enter the month name in a cell on the worksheet, e.g. H2 2. In another cell, enter a formula that refers to the month: ="#4 m/c " & H2 & " Set-Up Time" 3. If the chart has a title,...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

How do I select color for levels within an organizational chart?

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Find a time value in one column based on names in another
Hi - I have a list of names. (40 Different names that may occur 30 - 40 times a piece in column B). In Column C I have a list of times that each person made an entry. Is there a formula that will give me the earliest time that appears in column C for each person on the list in column B? I already have a list of all of the unique names that will appear in column B that I can use as a reference. Example: col A col B col C smith 6:00am jones 5:03pm smith 7:05am jones 4:02pm adams 2:05pm adams 2:33p...

Printing charts #2
I have 6 chart worksheets in a workbook. I would like to print them all on one page. How can I do this? Kind regards Hi, I don't believe you can print them on a single page. The fact they are separate sheets means a new page will be used for each one. You could move the charts to a single sheet by making each chartsheet an object within a new empty chartsheet. To do this use the location method on the chart to specify it's new location as an object within a chartsheet. Or if your printer has the option you may be able to print multiple pages on a single sheet. Cheers Andy ...

Enhancing pie chart with pointers
Belated thanks to Andy Pope for guidance on my problem, which was to display two 'needles' on a circular chart - like a traditional barometer - and to colour the sector appropriately. This post is also to record the points I needed to understand, to assist others. 1. 'Chart Type' belongs to a series, not the Chart. (This isn't evident from the user interface, although I guess the pre-assigned combination charts presented offer that promise.) So a pie chart and an X-Y chart may be happily belong to the same chart object. 2. The axes of such a combination pie chart / X-Y ...

convert from last name, first name TO first name, last name
How can I convert my contacts (as a group menaing all of them at once0 from the last name, first name to first name last name, without having to enter EACH cotnact and perform it almost 400 times? Also, in what format would you suggest trying to print my contacts showing fields name mobile, home, work phone and email address? I assume there is a way to make used defined fields? You'll need to create a post with enough information that others could understand it. How are we to know which field or view you are trying to "convert?" Be specific. I would suggest pri...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...

Edit Licensed to Name
I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash screen). How can I do this? Thanks In article <news-AC4BCA.12232514102004@msnews.microsoft.com>, news@biggerhammer.org wrote: > I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash > screen). How can I do this? > > Thanks Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html ...

Can a copy of a chart remain "live"
I have numerous worksheets containing charts (from data on those worksheets, the "data sheets"). I have copied only the charts from the "data sheets" to a new worksheet containing only the copied charts ("charts only"), but if I change the original charts on the "data sheets", the charts on the "charts only" sheet remain as they were, not being "live". Is there anything I can do so that changing a chart on a "data sheet" automatically changes the chart on the "charts only" sheet? The charts are live, but t...

Name Tags
I'm working on putting together some name tags using Publisher but when I get to the name tags and what one's to use, it will only let me print the same name tag on one sheet. How can I put more then one name on a sheet of name tags? Thanks Use mail merge. Create a database with the names, you can do this in Publisher. Click Mail Merge on the toolbar (Publisher 2000), create Publisher Address List. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Gideon" <gideonkaine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

to create nametags, I want 8 names per sheet, not 1 name 8 times
After using an excell database as the source and mail merging, I am getting a sheet of 8 nametags with the smae person's name instead of 8 different names per sheet. How do I fix this? Are you looking at print preview? There is a bug in Publisher that when you view print preview the same information is on all labels. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22F2F053-3985-4D41-8F0B-E1E20119DF92@microsoft.com... > After using an excell datab...

How do I create a chart from subtotals in Excel
I am trying to create a chart just picking up the subtotal figures, but it seems to get confused and produces a nonsensical chart. On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Marion <Marion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart just picking up the subtotal figures, but it >seems to get confused and produces a nonsensical chart. Use a pivot table. -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Did you create the subtotals u...

How do I view Pivot Table source data file and field names?
I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the source data of a Pivot Table. For Example, in MS Access and Cognos Impromptu you can go to SQL view and see where data in a Query is coming from. It's easy to find the source of formulas in Excel, using the Audit Toolbar. I'd like a way to quickly view the file name (whether an Excel file or external source) and field names that were used to create the Pivot Table. chocolate2346 Wrote: > I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the > source > data of a Pivot Table. Fo...

Wrong name in Outlook
Hi group Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003. During creation of a new user, there where a spelling error in the users name. The username, display name is changed in AD Users & Computers. But in Outlook, the name is stille shown wrong. How do I change this? I know I can export e-mails to .pst file, delete the mailbox create a new and exchange take's the display name from AD, check that property "Lars" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eY9ZFUyNHHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi group > > Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003. > ...