My dataset contains units; I want to chart percentages

I am preparing a presentation in Powerpoint.  My slides contain line charts.
I want the dataset to be shown and reflect actual units and the graph to
reflect percentages. For example, in period 1, customer purchased 80 units of
Brand A and 20 units of Brand B; therefore, in period 1 Brand A represents
80% of customer's purchases and brand B represents 20%.  In period 2,
customer purchased 150 units of Brand A and 50 Units of Brand B.  Therefore,
although the number of Brand A units sold increased by 70 units from period 1
to period 2, Brand A's market share declined from 80% to 75%).  I wish to
graph the market share changes while displaying the actual unit sales below
the chart. Can this be done?
0
jkyte (3)

Compute the percentages in another range, and use these calculations in your
chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"jkyte" <jkyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am preparing a presentation in Powerpoint.  My slides contain line
>charts.
> I want the dataset to be shown and reflect actual units and the graph to
> reflect percentages. For example, in period 1, customer purchased 80 units
> of
> Brand A and 20 units of Brand B; therefore, in period 1 Brand A represents
> 80% of customer's purchases and brand B represents 20%.  In period 2,
> customer purchased 150 units of Brand A and 50 Units of Brand B.
> Therefore,
> although the number of Brand A units sold increased by 70 units from
> period 1
> to period 2, Brand A's market share declined from 80% to 75%).  I wish to
> graph the market share changes while displaying the actual unit sales
> below
> the chart. Can this be done?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

I don't want my text to wrap
I've got a text box filled with text, and then I want to put a circle over it (filled white, so that the circle blocks out the text behind it, but the text continues uninterrupted behind the circle). For some reason I can't get this to work, even though I've turned off text wrapping on the text box, whenever I put the circle over the text box it still wraps around the contours of the circle. Your statement is a bit fuzzy. Do you want the text to be blocked out so you can't see it? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

How to show total in pie chart (Excel 2000)
I'm designing a "dashboard" and only want charts, not the raw data, but I have been unable to show the total of all slices. I need to show the total number of calls taken at the help desk and the % of the total for each type (slice). Thanks! Ruby In article <522B8268-BB3E-45F8-B44E-858721ACE2BA@microsoft.com>, RubyTue@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I'm designing a "dashboard" and only want charts, not the raw data, but I > have been unable to show the total of all slices. I need to show the total > number of calls taken at the help desk a...

Want to reformat HD but save some of the e-mail from the inbox to new install..
So how do i do it..? >-----Original Message----- >So how do i do it..? >. > Best way is to export the files you need to a .PST file. Burn that off to a CD or copy it to a networked PC. Then import it after you are done the formatting. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: >>-----Original Message----- >>So how do i do it..? >>. >> > > Best way is to export the files you need to a .PST file. > Burn that off to a CD or copy it to a networked PC. Then > import it after you are done the formatting. Couldn't I just copy the inbo...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

Chart Formatting Change
Why does chart formatting (font color, size) in 2007 change when the file is re-opened? (It looked correct when I saved and closed the file.) The changes are relatively random, sometimes occurring on only some of the graphs but sometimes on all of the graphs, and will happen when I open the file this morning but not when I open the file later in the afternoon. I have this same problem and came looking for an answer. Since I haven't found one, I'm going to use a marco that changes it back to my colors upon opening the excel file. If anyone out there has an easier way. I'd l...

How do I display the sum of 2 data series on a column chart?
I have created a simple column chart (Stacked Column Chart) that displays 2 series (stacked) per month over a year. I am hoping to find a simple way of adding a data label to each column (for each month) that has the sum of the 2 data series that are being shown. Hi, http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy Sergrock wrote: > I have created a simple column chart (Stacked Column Chart) that displays 2 > series (stacked) per month over a year. I am hoping to find a simple way of > adding a data label to each column (for each month) that has the sum of the ...

macro in chart loses focus
I have four dashbards each with 4 charts containing macros, and each in it's own workbook. The data for the macros is all in the same workbook. It works fine. This morning I had a request to create a table of contents so that the user could click a button and open a dashboard. I crated this in a separate workbook. It includes buttons with macros so, if the user clicked on army, for example, they would go to the dashboard with all of the army information. I created it in it's own workbook. Then I decided that if they were going to use a table of contents to go to a dashboard, I...

How do I create this chart?
Item Height Width Min Max Min Max A 2 4 10 20 B 4 6 9 12 C (etc.) The chart would show a rectangular area for each item with the height plotted on the X axis against width on the Y axis. Thanks in advance for any help!!! Work out a series to tabulate the co-ordinates of the 4 corners (and a 5th point to go back to the beginning). Plot that series. Same for each subsequent series. -- David Biddulph "MEL101060" <MEL101060@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E6446AF-56EB-4D5D-BAC8-8B7AB72D8E75@micr...

Excel Charts #20
I have workbook with different worksheet in it. each tab has a chart and a data table. i would like to create one more tab and have the master chart and underneath all baby charts where the information is being combined into master chart. Please I need help to show me a step by step directions how would i do this. I have created all charts including master now I need to put them all on one sheet. You can e-mail me at nk1519@aol.com Thank you, nk ...

Chart and Data range
Hello I'm using a chart dayly and i would like that the chart take all the data without selecting source data within data source and updating the range manualy. Thanks for Help Louis Do a Google search for: Excel dynamic chart or go to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2F4B7D-82E2-47F9-9D05-79BEE769CFC2@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I'm using a chart dayly and i would li...

Public view which displays all the records under a business unit?
Hi we have a requirement where a user should be able to see all the records created under his business unit by selecting a public view. He must be able to see all the records created by other users belonging to his business unit. If any one has worked on this or faced the similar requirement, please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance Hi, Please give "BU" level "Read" permission to his/her "Role". Ram "KIRAN" wrote: > Hi > > we have a requirement where a user should be able to see all the records ...

add rows from chart of accounts
We have GP 7.5 and FRX 6.5 installed. When we try to create a new row format by adding accounts from Edit menu option ( Add rows from chart of accounts), we keep getting the error message 'Invalid object name:frl_account_code; SQL statements could not be prepared'. When we click OK to the message we get another window 'No matching accounts found'. help!!! Try this: Force FRx to rebuild the GL Index. If you have never done this before you need to find your Sysdata File: In FRx go to Admin>>Organization click on the "Sysdata" button. In the "Curre...

Display Cell Data in titles/Text Boxes on Charts
Hi - I would like to link my chart title textbox or another text box to a cell in a worksheet - can anyone suggest a way of acheiving this? Many thanks Neil Click on the chart to select it Type an equal sign -- you'll see it appear in the formula bar (you don't need to click in the formula bar before typing) Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart, e.g. C6 Press the Enter key. Drag the text box from the centre of the chart to the top Use the buttons on the formatting toolbar to format the text Neil Perry wrote: > Hi - > > I would like to link my...

Avoid Printing the Combo Box with the Chart
I have a chart sheet with a combo box which I use to select the county I'm interesting in plotting. My question for the group - is there a way to keep the combo box from printing with the chart? Perhaps what I need to do is simply create the chart on a worksheet and print it from there. Just thought I would ask. Its not critical, but I thought it would look nicer if I could leave the combo box off. I wanted to use the chart sheet just to keep things "cleaner". Mike Hi, Right click the combo box and on the properties tab uncheck the Print Object. Cheers Andy mtonkovich...

Want to move pst folders in outlook
How do I get Outlook to store the pst folder on another machine acting as a storeage machine. Its Outlook corporate 2002..Client box has Win xp pro other box is Win 2000 Thanls Corky You can move the pst-file when Outlook is closed. When you then open Outlook it will prompt you for the new location. Note that storing a pst-file on a networkshare is not supported by Microsoft. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Corky" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Series in a Bar chart
Hi I have a bar chart which contains 3 lots of data. There is the name of the product on the x axis, the number of products available in the y axis, and I want the legend on the bar graph to show the oldest date of the products available. I have looked a the series formula but cannot get it to show the oldest date of the product. I can make it show the number of products, or show both the number of products and the oldest date, but not just the oldest date. Does anyone know how to do this please? -- Naina ...

Charts based on 'virtual' names
Hi all, Just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2007 (big jump!) and trying to fix the things that broke! I routinely make so-called "dynamic" charts in the traditional manner using ranges defined by formula which resolve to ranges of cells e.g. define 'Bias & Precision'!Samples as =OFFSET('Bias & Precision'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Bias & Precision'!$A:$A)-1) I've had a couple of snags with these but it seems to still work as long as I watch the scope of the names. What seems to be very "broken" is the use of names which do not resolve...

how to produce horizontal line chart of point est & 95% ci's
hello there, would appreciate help and advice to help me. i have six columns of data. the first column is a string variable, the second and third columns are numerical variables (year, population size n). these first three columns would be my y-axis on the left. if it would help make it easier, then i can combine these three columns into one column (e.g. arthur 1999 30,000) . the fourth, fifth and sixth columns are lower limit of the point estimate's 95% confidence interval, point estimates itself and the upper limit of 95% confidence interval (e.g. 0.32(0.51)0.73). these last co...

problems with charts copied into Word 2000
using Excel 2000 SR1 & Word 2000 created a simple chart in excel, copied it, switched to word and did edit / paste special - link when the chart is viewed in word (and after i've resized it) the rhs of the chart is truncated (about 2cm - compared to how it looks in excel) - moving the legend etc didn't seem to make a difference i've not seen this problem before and couldn't find anything in google groups that helped (still can't cope with the new interface!). any ideas? Cheers JulieD ...

Chart name in Named box
Hi, If I click on a chart, then the named box either shows chart area or plot area (or value axis etc). But I want to know the name of the chart itself. I have tried clicking on the border of the chart, but not able to get the name displayed. Im using an efficient way ( MsgBox ActiveChart.Name ) to know the name of the chart. Can somebody please guide me. Regards, HP India Oops, I didnt see the post just before mine. Shift key did it. Thanks Andy, Regards, HP India Hari wrote: > Hi, > > If I click on a chart, then the named box either shows chart area or > plot area (or ...

Autoscale fonts for charts in 2007
Is there a toggle that turns off the auto-scaling of fonts in a chart, for 2007? My theory is that it was replaced by the "Character Spacing" tab. Did the "autoscale" feature die an appropriate death? It used to appear on the dialog for formatting fonts in the Chart Title, Axis Labels, Legend, Axis scale, etc. I can’t find it in Excel 2007. Thanks for any thoughts! I thought I knew where that setting was, but now I can't find it. It's confusing, since chart elements no longer have a font-related tab in their format dialogs. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micr...

Report that display percentage below certain level
I got a spreadsheet contain inventory number from remote site. I need to run a report to display when inventory below a certain percentage. I try to use privot table to display the infomration. But it doesn't display everything below 40%. Is there anyway you can enter an percentage and display all remote site that below certain percentage (Eample: like 35%) on a report? Thanks. TSS, A pivot table groups like items, and makes a calculation on each group -- not what you need. You need a filter (Excel's way of saying "query" in database parlance). If your table...

Chart sizes with window frame check box frozen in the checked stat
I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop. Under the Tools:Options menu there is a check box for "Chart sizes with window frame". It is currently checked. If I uncheck the box the check mark disappears, but when I click on "OK" nothing changes and the zoom box on the toolbar does not activate. When I open the Tools:Options menu again the check box is still checked. It will not turn off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without effect. I have compared settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktops at home and at work (where thing...

In a bar chart, how do I change the x-axis "category" labels?
I am trying to make a bar chart with customized category labels along the x axis for each bar. I'd like them to be a series of numbers (100, 125, 160, 200...) etc. I can't get anything but numbers 1, 2, 3, 4... to appear... Thanks Hi Thermactor, If your categories are in the column just to the left of graphed quantities, and, if you select both columns before inserting the Bar chart, the categories will appear on the vertical axis. Ken Johnson ...

Find and replace data in an Excel chart object
Hi, In a workbook it is possible to find and replace data in cells and formulas. Is it possible in any way to find & replace data in series in a chart object? In have charts with more than 100 series on each chart and I would like to be able to change all series on a chart using an automated routine. Thanks Cawen - I give some insights into how to do this with VBA, and include a link to a utility you can try: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pelti...