My dataset contains units; I want to chart percentages

I am preparing a presentation in Powerpoint.  My slides contain line charts.
I want the dataset to be shown and reflect actual units and the graph to
reflect percentages. For example, in period 1, customer purchased 80 units of
Brand A and 20 units of Brand B; therefore, in period 1 Brand A represents
80% of customer's purchases and brand B represents 20%.  In period 2,
customer purchased 150 units of Brand A and 50 Units of Brand B.  Therefore,
although the number of Brand A units sold increased by 70 units from period 1
to period 2, Brand A's market share declined from 80% to 75%).  I wish to
graph the market share changes while displaying the actual unit sales below
the chart. Can this be done?
0
jkyte (3)

Compute the percentages in another range, and use these calculations in your
chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"jkyte" <jkyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am preparing a presentation in Powerpoint.  My slides contain line
>charts.
> I want the dataset to be shown and reflect actual units and the graph to
> reflect percentages. For example, in period 1, customer purchased 80 units
> of
> Brand A and 20 units of Brand B; therefore, in period 1 Brand A represents
> 80% of customer's purchases and brand B represents 20%.  In period 2,
> customer purchased 150 units of Brand A and 50 Units of Brand B.
> Therefore,
> although the number of Brand A units sold increased by 70 units from
> period 1
> to period 2, Brand A's market share declined from 80% to 75%).  I wish to
> graph the market share changes while displaying the actual unit sales
> below
> the chart. Can this be done?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Display > sign on a chart
How do you display > or < signs on a chart, I am trying to put values on a chart but some of them are <2 or >60 etc. These values are displayed as zero on the chart. Is it possible to display values with < or > signs before the number? Try using a custom number format. Go to Format -> Cells. On the Number Tab choose Custom from the Category option. Type in: <#,##;>#,## -- John Mansfield "Felicity" wrote: > How do you display > or < signs on a chart, I am trying to put values on a > chart but some of them are <2 or >60 etc....

Help with Chart of Accounts
We are using GP 7.50 and have two questions: If I want to add one new natural code for each of my facilities. What is the easiest way to do this??? I have 500 locations that I need to create this one code for...I am finding myself just creating one at a time because mass modify is not helpful. Does anyone have any ideas of some shortcuts??? The second question is we have two databases created in GP. One is the test version and one is our live. I want to copy the chart of accounts built in the test version to be copied to the live version. Can someone tell me how to do this so that...

Pivot table chart
Hi - I have a pivot table and chart. When I change something in the pivot table, my data labels in the chart disappear. I add then back and then they disappear next time I change the table. When I say "change", I mean just choosing a different item in one of the drop downs and not changing the layout or anyhting drastic. Any help on how to make the dta labels stay would be appreciated. thx, Rick Rick - Microsoft admits to having added that feature to pivot charts, and suggests recording a macro the first time you reset formatting, to use every subsequent time you refr...

SSRS Linking Dataset
I have converted some reports in Access to SQL 2008 Reporting Services. However, some of the reports have subreports in them and they look fine in design but when I try to run the report previewing it from VS 2008 I get the main report but not the subreport. Apparently, the subreport is not tied to a Dataset even though the dataset shows up in the Report Data section on left side of VStudio. I cannot find anywhere in proerties to attach a dataset to the subreport. Also, how do I "link" the subreport to the main report to get only the correct records in the subrepo...

How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset? #3
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000, n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline You have two answers in your other posting. Pete On Jul 17, 6:33 am, zencaroline <zencarol...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my > question? > > How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000, n=1000) in SPSS o...

Unit Trust
Does MS Money 2004 (US Edition) support Unit Trusts? When I attempt to enter a new investment the only options are: Bond CD or US Savings Bond Employee Stock Option Equity or Index Option Money Market Mutual Fund Stock In microsoft.public.money, Howard wrote: >Does MS Money 2004 (US Edition) support Unit Trusts? I would call it a Mutual Fund. ...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...

Automagically create database schema from XML dataset
Hello. I am trying to create a database from an XML file. I am able to create a dataset from the XML doc, but how can I create a database schema from the dataset and populate the database? Or is this even possible using VS.NET 2003? Part of the XML file follows. Thanks for any help. Steven VS.NET 2003 and C# newbie! ----- Part of the XML (one full record across several tables) -------- <!DOCTYPE PubmedArticleSet...> - <PubmedArticleSet> - <PubmedArticle> - <MedlineCitation Owner="NLM" Status="Completed"><PMID>11604973</PMID> - &l...

Quotes/charts not updated
I have MS Money 2005. It says that my quotes have been updated, but the charts only show up to December 31st, and the quotes seem to be from the same date. ...

Charting table with mixed data
Hi I have a table with data like this, with $amount sold and # of sales $ # $ # $ # agent A agent B agent C etc ... Jan $400 20 $230 10 $872 20 Feb $500 12 $888 40 $100 16 Mar etc... Apr etc .... I want to create two charts, one for $amount sold and one for # of sales. Unfortunately, because the data is mixed like this, I just can't select the whole range and click chart. Is there a clever way around this, short of changing the program that generates this data in the first place? Thanks. To make the $# chart, select the first column of ...

FRx show credit / debit split for different departm'ts contained in an acc code.
When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of Accounts" and so forth, is it possible to only show the sum of all credit/debit balances from a range based on a specific natural account segment which represent several departments? What I'm getting at is that in my report I would to see a credits and debits split for a particular account code. I am using GP 7.5 and FRx 6.7 I don't believe there is any way for FRx to differentiate between debits and credits for a particular account. It can only show the total net change or the balance of the ac...

Displaying Labels Used In A Chart
Hey Guys I'm using the following code to set the colours of the slices of all the pie charts in my spreadsheet based on each slice's legend's label: VB: AutoLinked keywords will cause extra spaces before keywords. Extra spacing is NOT transferred when copy/pasting, but IS if the keyword uses "quotes". Sub SetPieChartColours() ' Iterates through all pie charts in the dashboard and apply colours to the appropriate legends ' Colour indices: ' Passed (Green) 10 ' Not Completed (Yellow) 19 ' No run (Blue) ...

Line /Column Charts
How do I get 2 line and 1 column on a line column chart in excel? Forget the limited "built-in custom" chart types. Make the chart with three line series, then select just the series you want as a column, and use Chart Type from the Chart menu to change it. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ doddym wrote: > How do I get 2 line and 1 column on a line column chart in excel? Assuming your data begins in column A below: c1 c2 c3 A 4 6 5 B 3 4 6 C 4 5 4 D 5 3 3 Create a clus...

max number of data ranges (bars) in a bar chart
I am trying to create a simple bar graph with 23 different data ranges, there is all the room in the world for 23 bars in a single graph, yet when I start selecting the data ranges (or labels for that fact) it gets to about 17 of them, and then erases everything I have selected and starts over. Ending up with a graph that only contains the last 4 or 5 data ranges????? I have also search every help and internet and see addressing this??? Hi, Is your data in non-contiguous ranges? If so this will create a reference that maybe too long. Either move the data to a contiguous range or crea...

Need help designing XML Dataset
Hello I developed and tested a web application using VS.NET 2003, VB, .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and IIS5.1. It uses a web form. I tried doing this without any help, but i'm getting nowhere. I want to create an XML schema (XSD) for a dataset/datatable using the XML designer. I want to be able to have a table for each trip. The trip will contain a trip no, date etc. But i also want it to have a State element like "PA, NJ, MD" for each state with miles traveled for each state. I don't want to enter 50 elements name MilesPA, MilesNJ, MilesMD etc. Is t...

Inventory Units of Measure #2
I am setting up inventory and pricing for rolls of carpet padding. We want to inventory the items in rolls and sell (invoice) in square feet. I set up my default unit of measure as a roll and to enter the square foot equalivent I had to make each sqft equal to .0038 of a roll (each roll has 270 sq ft). I am concerned that when we start selling the items that 270 sq feet won't actually equal one roll so I am unsure how this will affect the number of rolls in the warehouse. Is there another way to do this that I am not seeing? Thanks, Lorrie You really should use sft as your unit o...

Don't want the "format publication" pane to appear each time
I do not want the "Format Publication" pane to appear each time I open a file or begin a new publication. I can click and close it, but it is annoying to have to do it every time. You cannot keep it from opening. You can tear it off, minimize it to small and drag it to a less intrusive part of your screen. Publisher will remember this setting in future openings. You can drag it back use it and un-tear it off again. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Impatient" <Impatient@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00968C27-8A9C-45B9-9F...

Don't want to link
I have Money 2000 and I want to start putting it to use. Except I don't want it to link to my accounts. How can I set it up to do this?? Tisa Set it up and when it asks about collecting the information to link, click Cancel. "Tisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d601c3d96c$a91e0c80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 2000 and I want to start putting it to use. > Except I don't want it to link to my accounts. How can I > set it up to do this?? In microsoft.public.money, Tisa wrote: >I have Money 2000 and I want to sta...

How to search for all emails that contains a specific keyword?
Using EXCH 2003. I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a certain keyword. When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can be viewed. I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or attachment. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need some kind of 3rd party message filtering software? Thanks. Unfortunately, Exchange does not ship a tool or utility that will allow you to do this. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== ...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

Gant chart & levelling gant
Hi, What is the difference between Gant chart and levelling gant? what are the applications of levelling gant? Thanks! The Leveling Gantt graphically depicts the result of the leveling equations. Doubleclick on the Leveling Gantt Chart bar area and you'll see graphical elements that display what the schedule looks like both before and after the leveling process. Those graphical elements can be added to the Gantt Chart, but are not there by default. You'll also note that the Leveling Gantt has a different table applied by default - which shows the Leveling Dela...

Cumulative chart
Been searching for almost 30 minutes now. Ho0w do I create a cumulative chart? What I want to make is a chart that shows how people score points in time. It has to do with the upcoming EC soccer. A player can get 0,1 or 3 points depending on how well they've predicted the games. I want to create a graph where one can follow the cumulative score in time. Example game 1 gave 1 point, game 2: 3, game 3: 0, game 4: 3. So I want to see the graph go to 1, 4,4, 7 points. I could make a row where I calculate all the cumulative scores...but is there a quicker way to do what I want? Hope I ex...

Number format changes in chart after closing and opening
when i close my worksheet to save, i reopen it and my number formating within the data table portion of the chart has changed. For example from $ to %. I have not seen this happen but here's something to try; Format the Axis; on the Numbers tab there is a box "linked to source"; click this to remove the check mark See if this helps and let us know best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kmysings" <Kmysings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8061D658-45AF-46EA-8F2F-57BE2704E683@microsoft.com... > ...

Calculated Unit Cost
We ran the Detailed Historical Stock Status Report for a 'Sales Inventory' item and its Valuation Method is 'FIFO Perpetual'. In the report, it shows its Calculated Unit Cost for every site. I inquired this item's transaction and did some calculation and I can't get this number. Can someone tell me how can I get this number, Calculated Unit Cost? We use GP 8. Thank you very much. Sam Hello sam, The Historical Stock Status report displays the transactions that occur after the =93As of=94 date that is printed in the report, and that occur before the =93User Date=94...

chart frustrations
Good morning all. I'm trying to help my wife make a chart for a class she's taking, and it appears that it's been far too long since I did one. I'm using Excel 2007. I have a 3 point data set. There is a time element-- I want that set along the bottom, across the horizontal. There is a compound concentration element-- I want the concentration values in the vertical, at left. Then, my graph lines, should be the concetrations per time measure. Presently, my data on my excel sheet is organized as follows. Time 0 5 10 15 20 Conc.'s sample1 ...