Multiple Bar Chart Formats

How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories of
summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the parts
that make the summary)?

For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data for
five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4
categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the sixth
project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this on
one chart.
0
Ray1 (116)

I think you want a stacked chart for all of this if I understand your
question. Set up your data like this:

       a   b   c   d   e

a      x

b          x

c              x

d                  x

e                      x

stack  x   x   x   x   x

a      x

b          x

c              x

d                  x

e                      x

stack  x   x   x   x   x

Add more blocks of rows ("a" through "stack" for each category.

In the first block, the value corresponding to "a" and the first value next
to "stack" are the same, the value corresponding to "b" and the second value
next to "stack" are the same, etc.

Make a stacked column chart with series in columns.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories
> of
> summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the
> parts
> that make the summary)?
>
> For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data
> for
> five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4
> categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the
> sixth
> project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this
> on
> one chart.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Create a list with multiple criteria

formatting #3
I have formatted a cell to have the following format: #####-####-## (all numbers). This is a NDC number for a specific drug. In many cases I need leading zeros - in fact the first 4 numbers may be zeros. Excel ignores the zeros and returns 78-0377-45, when it should be 00078-0377- 45. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. How about a format: 00000-0000-00 jopla wrote: > > I have formatted a cell to have the following format: > #####-####-## (all numbers). This is a NDC number for a > specific drug. In many cases I need leading zeros - in > fact the first 4 numbers may be zer...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Show only workdays in chart axis?
Hi, I have created a dynamic named-range that I use as the data source for my scatter plot chart's x-axis. I only type in dates that are workdays in that range. When I graph my data the chart is still showing the weekends, just with no data points in there. It is stretching my graph out and skewing the look. Is there a way to set the graph to only show weekdays and just skip the weekends? Thanks! -Dan I should add I have tried right-clicking on the chart -> chart options -> axes -> and trying to select the Category radio button but it is grayed out, possibly because I a...

Charting multiple multiples

Display Missing Data Labels as N/A on a Chart
I am displaying values as the data labels in a chart but missing values are displayed as 0's. Is there a way to display them as N/A instead? ...

Localized Header/Footer formatting codes in Excel 2000
Hello, I would like to set the Header/Footer parameters of an Excel worksheet from a VC++/MFC application using formatting codes, for example: PageSetup page = worksheet.GetPageSetup(); page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &T")); // print date and time to header The problem is that my Office 2000 is a localized version (Hungarian), and Excel doesn't seem to recognize the &T code, only the localized version, which is &I. This code works fine: page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &I")); I recorded a macro, and the generated VBA code also uses the non-localized vers...

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

PivotChart will not preserve series formatting for some charts when reopening workbook
I have a WB with 4 PivotCharts. When I close and reopen the WB, 2 of my PivotCharts have slightly skewed formatting. Can somone help determine why? Details: PTable 1 / PChart 1, PTable 2 / PChart 2 all based on static data in Sheet 1. PTable 3 / PChart 3, PTable 4 / PChart 4 all based on static data in Sheet 2. All PTables were created from a new PCache object. I'm using any single data cache for more than 1 PTable. When I reopen, PChart 1 and PChart 3 have the following problem: - Series order goes back to the default order. - Series colors remains in the old order. 1. I know that...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Book1
How do I save some settings so that when I stgart a new workbook i automatically brings up my new default settings. I like to have specific fill color and a default border and font etc... I have tried saving it that way as Book1 but it doesn't seem to brin back the settings. Thank -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26311 Hello Save your workbook as Excel.XLT and place it in the xlSt...

Sending to multiple addresses

scatter chart x axis problem
The data is in three columns. My client wants the values in column 1 to also be the x-axis values. Is this possible? Nothing that I have tried has worked. Thanks in advance. Suzan Suzan - If you're making an XY Scatter chart, Excel automatically uses the first column as the X values, and uses the rest of the columns for Y values for one less series than you've selected columns. If you're making a line chart, Excel usually uses each column of data as Y values for another series, and uses counting numbers (1, 2, 3,..) for the category values. To help Excel realize what you...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Hindi Number format
Is ther an equivalent in Access for a for a number format available in Excel .NumberFormat = "[$-2000000]#0,000.00" So that I can have Hindi numerals in a reports. when I use Numeral shapes to context or system or National it is not giving me the desired result. I want to display the numbers in Hindi format regardless of the system language settings. How I can apply this in a Report so that the field will be formated using the above way? Thanks ...

Export Chart in Vector Format
That's a tough one! I am trying to copy a chart from Excel to CorelDraw and process it but without success. I know how to export as bmp, tiff, jpg etc, but I don't want an image. I want the vectors (boxes, lines, curves, text etc) so that I can process them in a vector application such as CorelDraw. I tried to export in wmf and emf (which is something that Excel does not do by itself - you need to do it through powerpoint) but these formats are not imported completely in CorelDraw. Usually I just get a couple of objects (eg. the background of the chart), without axes, column...

dates and formats
I am trying on one colum to have the dates 01/07/2008 (dd/mm/yy) right until 30/06/2008 but l just cannot get it to do this. What am l doing wrong. have typed dates in 2 cells the hage highlighted both boexs until + appears and drag down this stops at month 12. Please can some one assits me in this beofre l go crazy -- jd Enter an unambiguous startdate in say, A1: 01-Jul-2008. Just drag A1 down as far as required. It'll increment one day per row. Then only format the col in the date format that you want to taste. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:16,00...

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6