Multi data charts

I want to build a chart which shows the year on the horizontal axis and the
totals on the vertical axis. The tough part is there are six diiferent data
series for each year that when summed give the total for the year. I want to
show one bar for each year with each individual data point stacked on top of
each other to show the total bar size. I've done it before with 2 series but
can't get it to work with six. Help!

are you using the stacked column chart?

"thomas donino" wrote:

> I want to build a chart which shows the year on the horizontal axis and the
> totals on the vertical axis. The tough part is there are six diiferent data
> series for each year that when summed give the total for the year. I want to
> show one bar for each year with each individual data point stacked on top of
> each other to show the total bar size. I've done it before with 2 series but
> can't get it to work with six. Help!
0
BJ (832)
10/6/2005 1:25:05 PM
I was trying to but it wasn't working properly

"bj" wrote:

> are you using the stacked column chart?
>
> "thomas donino" wrote:
>
> > I want to build a chart which shows the year on the horizontal axis and the
> > totals on the vertical axis. The tough part is there are six diiferent data
> > series for each year that when summed give the total for the year. I want to
> > show one bar for each year with each individual data point stacked on top of
> > each other to show the total bar size. I've done it before with 2 series but
> > can't get it to work with six. Help!
If any of your numbers are negative, the stacked bar chart won't work
properly. you have to play with the numbers ot get them to total where you
want them to.
if none are negative, what are you getting that is wrong?

"thomas donino" wrote:

> I was trying to but it wasn't working properly
>
> "bj" wrote:
>
> > are you using the stacked column chart?
> >
> > "thomas donino" wrote:
> >
> > > I want to build a chart which shows the year on the horizontal axis and the
> > > totals on the vertical axis. The tough part is there are six diiferent data
> > > series for each year that when summed give the total for the year. I want to
> > > show one bar for each year with each individual data point stacked on top of
> > > each other to show the total bar size. I've done it before with 2 series but
> > > can't get it to work with six. Help!
0
BJ (832)

data validation in the form
Hi, I would like to perform data validation before the insertion of a new record into the table in Access database. So in the form, i have a few fields that need to be checked to see if they are empty or entered. I have the following codes in the event of "Form_BeforeUpdate" Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim mesg, Title As String 'Check if all the required fields are entered If Me.Stud_ID <> "" Then If Me.Department_ID <> "" Then 'warning message mesg = &quo...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

Outlook Data Files being automatically created
Hello, I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they eventually come back without any user creation. This is Outlook 2002, and on an Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas on how to stop this? He is the only one with this issue in an environment with over 100 users. Thanks, Jeff Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We > have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they > eventually come back without any user creation. ...

Recovering data
I have been working on a certain document for quite some time now, and the other day I accidentally saved over it. Is there ANY way to find that document? I really need help. ...

Data Migration Manager and sample data on RTM VPC
Hi I am having problems importing the sample data using the data migration manager. I followed the steps in the Sample Data Readme. I am logged in on the VPC as litwareinc\administrator. I can connect, import the sample data map, and start a new migration based on a previous migration. I progress as far as the validation stage of the migration job. But at the validation stage it hangs for a long time (a few minutes), without actually validating any of the files. The "currently processing" field is empty, i.e. it does not even start to process any of the files (or at least fail to ...

extracting data from an old to new hard drive
there are several (and better) ways to do this, but here is the reality: i recently installed a new hard drive after my previous one got locked into an endless reboot cycle. i found no solution to help with this, so i decided to start from scratch. i installed a REAL version of xp onto my new hd to get a way from the oem version that was installed on my old hd. so now my new hd is doing fine, BUT i wish to take data off of my old hd and transfer it to the new one. i installed my old drive as a slave on my pc and tried to open it, but to know avail. i will mention that this dr...

select and paste data based on creteria on previous cells
I have a worksheet running to 700 pages. At various cells, description "cable No" is written. in the next cell the cable number is found and on the cell below the type of cable is found. i have to copy and paste all the cable numbers and corresponding cable types in the next worksheet one below the other. Please suggest me a method. Regards, Jerome -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Jerome: Please give a concrete example of what you are discussing. Does it look like this? Cable No 155 Sheathing Cable No 16...

Chart symbols
How can I import a symbol to use as a chart marker?... ie - instead of a triangle on the graph, I'd like to show a small airplane. Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's explanation of custom formatting of series. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html Cheers Andy Lynn wrote: > How can I import a symbol to use as a chart marker?... ie - instead of a > triangle on the graph, I'd like to show a small airplane. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Data Validation #VALUE
Even though I have data validation to accept only whole numbers, if a user accidentally enters text, other cells that contain formulas based on this cell change to #VALUE. The text is not allowed to be entered in the cell, but the formulas in the other cells apparently read that text. Don't the #value's only momentarily show up. Then you get the warning message from the Data|Validation check. Then as soon as you hit Retry or Cancel, the #values turn back to the previous value? I wouldn't worry about it, but you could change your formulas... =if(istext(a1),"",your...

Pivot Chart Help Please
I have a spreadsheet with about 70000 rows and in it are amongst other things part names, prices and number of days before they were used. There are about 250 parts which are repeated through the table and I was wondering rather than doing it manually is there an easy way to work out the average price or the average days to use of a part. i.e of part A there were 411 uses and the average days to use was 20 days I am sure you must be able to do this in a pivot chart somehow but I cannot work out how, I can count the number of parts used just not get the average days they took to use. Hi On ...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

Square-box character in data import
Hi, I've got a puzzling one. When importing a data file into Excel I see a square-box character at the end of each line. I've tried copying/cutting one of these characters to paste into the search/replace dialog, but nothing pastes and so I can't get rid of it. What do I do? I've got 9000 records, each with a multi-line entry for a mailing address in Column C and each of those lines (apart from the last for each record's mailing address) has this unwanted character. It's obviously the CrLf character created when I press the keyboard's Enter key... The original file...

Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by month
How can I get the monthly columns (ie: July Actual & July Budget) in a stacked chart to sit side by side with a space before the next month (August Actual & August Budget) and so on for each month. Do you want to unstack the chart to convert it to a clustered chart? Chart menu > Chart Type > select a clustered column subtype that you like. Are you trying to cluster stacks of columns? Here are some links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Migrating data from SalesLogix to MSCRM?
Hi There, Has any one done migrating of data from SalesLogix to MSCRM? We are using Scribe to migrate data, but Scribe has to us that making use of Scribe adaptor would not make much difference since our version of SalesLogix is 5.x. So we are connecting to SaleLogix database using ODBC which is fine. We just want to know any one has been through this experience and give us some helpful information. In particular how we could bring across activites from SalesLogix to MSCRM, since we have limited knowledge of SalesLogix data structure. Regards, Kyaw The SLX data structure is reall...

Great Plains data reference
Good morning everyone, I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination of what is in the Dynamics tables as well as a field by field explanation as to what it is. What is available in Dynamics is minimal at best and I spend more time exploring the tables to figure out what is in them Any guidance is appreciated! Try searching for Accolade Publications. -- Charles Allen, MVP "ericjcartman" wrote: > Good morning everyone, > > I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination > of what is in the Dynamics ...

Print reports only where records contain data.
I have a database that contains information on students the subjects they take and grades are recorded at different times during the year. The database contains tables named tblOption1, tblOption2, tblOption3 and tblOption4 these tables store information about the students options they have selected however some of these are left blank. I have created a report that shows and prints information from all 4 tables even if there is no data in them. I would like to know if it is possible how to print only those records on the report with information in. Example if a student takes 4 options the ...

Extracting data from Pivot
i am struggling to find an easy way to get all the orders containing ONLY product A and B. Here is the kind of spreadsheet i have: Column A Column B Column C Order# Product Quantity 00001 A 3 00001 B 4 00001 C 5 00002 A 1 00003 B 3 00003 C 1 00004 A 3 00004 B 4 00004 C 4 I want to get just the orders that contain product A and B (basically 00001 and 00004). Can't do it with m...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

Data migration #3
Hello group, I have a problem, I got a backup from a company, how can I restore it in a diferent server, and access it throw GP?, I'm working in version 9 Regards ...

Charting challenge/query
The following quote is posted on behalf of a client using Windows and Office 2003 Standard. Please email responses directly to me, too, since I do not read this group much. Any help/insight would be most appreciated. I'll do my best to relay any questions people have and bring back any answers to said questions. <quote> The Goal: In an effort to come up with a new way of looking at organizational structure, I employed Excel's 'Donut Chart' function. My goal was to have the head of the organization in the middle of the chart and then that person's direct re...

sharing data
i have both the 97 version and the 2000 version on various computer stations. i need to keep updating both versions, i enter the data on the 2000 version, and cannot update the 97 version...or vice versa. ive tried to export the data as well, and get an "inncorrect path" message. where can i read up on this? francine ...

Pivot tables with external data source
Hi! I use a lot of pivottables with connetions to external data sources. Sometimes I need to modify the queries, and I do this by using the pivottable wizard, and press "get data" from step 2 in the wizard. I then get access to MS Query and can edit whatever I need to. But from time to time I only get the message "No data fields have been retrieved", and nothing happens. Usually I can get access by refreashing the table and try again, but this time I've even copied the table into another workbook without success. Does anyone have a solution for my problem? How d...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

sumproduct with additions to data
I am using Sumproduct to count the number of parts delivered late to schedule, but we have a 5 day grace period that I can't figure out how to accommodate. What I need to do is add 5 days to the due date (X:X) then determine if the receipt of the part (Y:Y) was later than that date. what I have is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATA!AE2:AE7500)=R6),--(DATA!X2:X7500<DATA!Y2:Y7500)) DATA! is the tab where the data is pulled into from their various legacy systems AE:AE is the vendor code (I am collecting the data by vendor) X:X is the scheduled due date Y:Y is the actual receipt date ...