MS Chart Line-Column ( 3 Lines 1 -column )

Is it possible to change the number of Column and Lines? I have a requirement
to have 1  column & 3 lines and the chart keep defaulting to 2 line, 2
columns. I am using the Excel 2003 and the chart type is (Custom Types) Line
- Column.

I have looked at the other threads but was unable to find an answer.

Thanks In advance

Hi,

Select one of the columns on the chart that you want as a line.  Then click
the Chart Wizard toolbar button and choose the type of line you want.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Boots...." wrote:

> Is it possible to change the number of Column and Lines? I have a requirement
> to have 1  column & 3 lines and the chart keep defaulting to 2 line, 2
> columns. I am using the Excel 2003 and the chart type is (Custom Types) Line
> - Column.
>
> I have looked at the other threads but was unable to find an answer.
>

> Thanks In advance

pie chart colors
I have a pie chart in a report that gives a percent of late reports per manager per month. I want the late percentage to show red and the ontime to show green. The problem is, if it is 100% late or 100% ontime it always shows as green. How can I fix this??? -- deb ...

MS Outlook 2007

can't create a simple Line Chart
Several of us around the store have tried,,, and we just can't create a simple Line Chart showing the growth of Sales from 1973 up to 2008. It seems this would be so simple. I have the Excel Spreadsheet open with Column A as "YEAR" and Column B as "SALES". I follow just as the instructions say, highlighting the columns and inserting them in the Chart Wizard, but it just doesn't display like it supposed to. I manually created what I'm looking for using www.barchart.be, but I paid money to have this Excel software on my pc; I wanna use it! Any help woul...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

Totals in the data table but not in the graph / chart
I am graphing data that consists of 4 parts and over 5 years. I'm using a stacked bar or an area chart and I do not want the totals to be charted. I do however, want the totals (both by the year and the 4 parts) or across the bottom and to the far right of the data table. I've chosen to have the data table under the graph. I can easily put the totals into excel but then it graphs the totals (which doubles everything). If I do not include the total when I choose the graph the graph simply leaves them out with no space to add them in... JHB Graph the total, hide t...

Creating a Separate Chart for Each Row of Data
I need to create 150 similar charts for 150 separate rows of data contained in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I am not an accomplished Macro author. Any bright ideas out there? Need a bit more info. Can you post a sample of the data you have including column headers etc? What sort of chart do you want? Do you need to be able to view all or multiple charts simultaneously. Under some circumstances using AutoFilter allows you to create just one chart and it becomes dynamic based on the AutoFilter setting. If AutoFilter option used, do you have a column with unique values or titles that wou...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

MS CRM Certification question

Drawing Objects disappear from charts
My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. After adding a text box or lines to a chart, the objects disappear when I click outside the chart. They reappear when I then click on the chart. Also, if I move the chart, the objects appear on the worksheet. How do I "attach" the objects to the chart without Grouping them? Grouping them works, but seems cumborsome to use if I want to make changes to the format or data series. On Feb 19, 3:22 pm, Dave <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. > >...

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS Access

How to omit data in a chart when there are error values?
Hi there! I've created a chart based on data who's values are variable. In certain cases the data on one end can show error values (#DIV0!, #NUM, etc..). In those cases the chart sees them as zero values. Is there a way to automatically omit these values from the chart without manually changing the series range? Thank you! Bou Bou - You can test for an error: =IF(ISERROR(<expression>),NA(),<expression>) This way you get the #N/A error, which is not such a problem for a chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Out of office #3
I am enable to access the option of "out of office assistance" When I go on the HELP on OUTLOOK for this option...this is what it tells me: Automatically reply to incoming messages while out of the office On the Tools menu, click Out of Office Assistant. Click I am currently Out of the Office. In the AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text box, type the message you want to send to others while you are out. For information about how to use rules with the Out of Office Assistant, click Well when I go to my TOOLS on my outlook, the "Out of Office Ass...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

excel charts in motion?
Is there a way to link and export several charts together into a single gif or .mpg file so that they could play in rapid progression, showing change in the shape/magnitude of a curve in the chart? I have heard that you can export a single chart as a .gif. I need to create a "movie" showing the development of a data curve, which start nearly flat, and over time becomes nearly bell shaped. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Stet, One possibility might be to paste them from Excel into a graphics program that supports animated gif files. Save from ther...