Month End Date Ticks

Hello,

In Excel 2003 I could use daily data starting on, say, 31 Dec 2005 and
ending some years later for a line chart.  If in the x-axis settings I
selected both Major and Minor units to 3 Months with Base units as Days I
would get ticks at each calender quarter end.  In this example; 31 Dec 2005,
31 Mar 2006, 30 Jun 2006, and so on.  However, in Excel 2007 the axis
switches over to start of month ticks; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 1 Jul 2006,
and so on.

Does anyone know what is going on with the date x-axis in Excel 2007?  It
seems to be a bug as I have tried all manner of settings and am unable get
the x-axis to behave.  It is a major issue here.  Has Microsoft regonised
this as a bug?  Are they doing anything to fix it?  Has it already been fix
in a service pack or hot-fix?  2007 has been out for a while and I thought
by waiting a while before the upgrade that we would miss all the big bugs.
Apparently not.  This is rather urget as it makes Excel useless for charting
here as we need month end ticks for 95% of charting.

Help.  Please.

Ed

Hi,

Looks okay in xl2007 with SP2 applied.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Ed" <die.spambot@hatespam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> In Excel 2003 I could use daily data starting on, say, 31 Dec 2005 and
> ending some years later for a line chart.  If in the x-axis settings I
> selected both Major and Minor units to 3 Months with Base units as Days I
> would get ticks at each calender quarter end.  In this example; 31 Dec
> 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 30 Jun 2006, and so on.  However, in Excel 2007 the
> axis switches over to start of month ticks; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 1
> Jul 2006, and so on.
>
> Does anyone know what is going on with the date x-axis in Excel 2007?  It
> seems to be a bug as I have tried all manner of settings and am unable get
> the x-axis to behave.  It is a major issue here.  Has Microsoft regonised
> this as a bug?  Are they doing anything to fix it?  Has it already been
> fix in a service pack or hot-fix?  2007 has been out for a while and I
> thought by waiting a while before the upgrade that we would miss all the
> big bugs. Apparently not.  This is rather urget as it makes Excel useless
> for charting here as we need month end ticks for 95% of charting.
>
> Help.  Please.
>
> Ed

0
andy9699 (3616)

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

Payroll-Pay Period Dates
Does anyone know if there is a way to have different pay period dates on a paycheck stub without having to run a separate payroll? I can change the pay period dates in the transactions entry screen and it post to the transaction history file correct but when I print the checks it puts out the dates which I enter on the Build screen. Are the dates you key in on the Build screen the dates that are put on the paycheck stub? Thanks for any help. ...

Back End Servers sending SMTP mail?
I just recently implemented a FE/BE config and I've noticed that my backend servers still have SMTP connections in the Queues. It was my understanding that the FE server would handle outgoing mail, was I incorrect? Yes you were. SMTP is not really "front-ended" like the other protocols - OWA/HTTP(S), IMAP4, and POP3 are. If you want, you could create a Connector and specify your FE as the Bridgehead. However, the BE will still use SMTP to send to the Bridgehead on a Connector, and also to all other Exchange servers in the Routing Group. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenp...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

This Month and Last Month
In the same query, I am trying to get two counts so I can compare them in a pivot table. I have ServicesID ServicesDate I want a count of ServicesID for the current date this month AND a count of ServicesID for the same date last month in the same query. Any ideas? Use a subquery to get the count of services for the same date last month. Here's an example of how to do that sort of thing with a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD That example does year-to-date calcuations, but the process is the same. In your case you will be counting the ServicesID field where ...

MONTH(a1)
I'VE ACHANGEABLE NUMBER IIN a1 AND I PUT IN b1 "=MONTH(A1) IN ORDER TO GIVE ME THE MONTH'S NAME WHEN I CHANGE THE NUMBER IN A1 BUT IT DDINT WORK WHY? PLZ HELP THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOR AL -- frs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frsm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51453 I believe you have to have a date in A1, not just a number. HTH Regards, Howard "frsm" <frsm.23jpcy_1140468300.4445@excelforum-nospam.com...

Month By Month report
Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in � by month? Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each department/catagory/supplier down the left of the page, with the value of sales each month. I would run this for the period of a year and it would show all my catagory sales per month etc. thanks Phil I am sending you the reports, once get then rate it. "Philip Gass" wrote: > Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in £ by > month? > > Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each >...

MS Access 2007 ends unexpectetly
Dear all, I developed a program in MsAccess 2003/2007 (SP2). It calls a VB6 DLL. Both office versions call the DLL, Office 2003 does not have any problem. Same DLL is called in Excel macros (add-in) and works ok, so there seems to be no problem with VB6 DLL. On some computers with MS Access 2007, program runs ok. On some others, when program in MSAccess 2007 opens, first MSAccess form calls a form from VB6 DLL. The VB form opens for checkings and calls a second VB form if checks were ok. When second VB form opens, it seems FORM_LOAD event is executed, I can see the form bu...

Date formula #7
I would like to have a calculation from a date I enter and data I download. I enter a date as follows 2/27/04 for a report each day. I download data with a 3/1/04, 4/1/04 for each month. I need to caluclate the date 90 180 and 240 days out. However while I do a new date each day (ex: 2/27/04, 2/28/04 3/01/04, 3/02/04...). The download data is always the first day of the month. So for February it needs to be 90 days from February 1, until March 1 then it is 90 days from that date until the next month and so on. Is there away for me to make a formula that takes out the 27 ...

add color to certain cells after a date is shown
I am trying to set a color to a certain amount of cells after a date is shown. I can get the cell that contains the date too but i cant get the rest of the cells in that row too. any help in this would be much appreciated. Have you tried using Conditional Formatting. You need to select all of the cells as you are applying your conditional format. "mobeer1958" wrote: > I am trying to set a color to a certain amount of cells after a date is > shown. I can get the cell that contains the date too but i cant get the rest > of the cells in that row too. any help in this w...

Is there a way of Making monthly tabs without typing each month?
I would like to avoid typing in each month every time I create a workbook. I have to do individual yearly workbooks. Is there a faster way to make monthly tabs. Example type Jan, Feb, Mar and then somehow the spreadsheet would fill in the following monthly tabs? The easiest way is to make a blank file with appropriate tab names, and then make copies of that file. Or, create a tab called "List", start your list in cell A1, and run this code: Sub Add_Tabs_From_List() Dim Nayme As String Dim K As Byte K = 1 Range("a1").Select 'this is the first cell in List Do Unt...

OWA Front End issues
I have searched and searched to no avail for solutions to these problems, but none seem to be right for my situation: I have a FE/BE Exchange 2003 SP2 installation. FE is running Standard on a Win2K3 SP1 box, BE is running Enterprise on a Win2K3 SP1 box. These are completely fresh installations in a brand new Exchange environment (no upgrades from anything). When logging into OWA (through the FE server using "https://") using the Premium client, I get the eternal "Loading..." and the icons are not functional. I know there have been numerous postings about compression an...

date query without year
I have a series of dates spanning several years and I'd like my where clause to limit the dates between Nov 1 and Apr 30 regardless of year. Is there a way to do it without writing multiple where clauses? You can use a where clause like: WHERE Month([YourDateField]) Not Between 5 and 10 -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ian" wrote: > I have a series of dates spanning several years and I'd like my where clause > to limit the dates between Nov 1 and Apr 30 regardless of year. Is there a > way to do it without writing multiple where clauses?...

how can i open an e mail with attached file that ends with xls
hello i got an e mail with attached file that ends with xls and i cant open Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on the computer you are using to open the attachment? -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "ganymede" wrote: > hello i got an e mail with attached file that ends with xls and i cant open ...

counting occurences specific month appears
Afternoon all, You've helped out before and I come to you again. Here's the question... 5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office. Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10. Let's say the first sheet is named Montreal Office, the search range is A3:A5000, what formula am I supposed to use? I think from past posts, I'm supposed to use =sumproduct but I don't know how to incorporate my specific sheet. Thanks so much, MM On May 4, 5:41=A0am, MM <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After...

Rebooting in Front End Back End Environment
I am running one front end server and one back end server, is there a preferred order in which to reboot the servers? My front end takes 10 minutes to shut down and my back end is down in just a couple of minutes. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Cheers! I guess it may depend on why you are rebooting. Most of the time it makes no difference. That said, I'd either do the FE first or do both at the same time. If the BE is down the FE is useless. -GT "Rio" <Rio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD129E06-9AEF-47B4-8535-4ADABE236C2D@microsoft....

Avg. 1-month, 3-month, 6-month & 12-month Stock Returns
I don’t know for sure if Access can handle this request, but I know Queries are pretty powerful, so I’m thinking it is possible. As I alluded to in the title of the post, I’m trying to find a way to query for the average of 1-month stock returns, average of 3-month stock returns, average of 6-month stock returns & average of 12-month stock returns. This is my SQL now: SELECT SharePrices.StockSymbol, Avg(SharePrices.StockPrice) AS AveragePrice, tblStocksGroup.Company, tblStocksGroup.Group, tblStocksGroup.Class FROM SharePrices INNER JOIN tblStocksGroup ON SharePrices.StockSy...

set cell value and workbook Creation date
How can I set the value of a cell with the creation date of the workbook? Each workbook is beaing created from a custom template. TIA W William, Either through a macro or through a User-Defined-Function: Sub TryNow() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date").Value End Sub Use this like =CD() Function CD() As Variant CD = Application.Caller.Parent.Parent.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date").Value End Function HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "William Hamilton" <william@NOthevirtualSPAM.PLEASEco.THANKSnz> wrote in me...

Date format #5
hi, everyone i am using excel xp version. i input the following data in the sheet 1 a column 1 2003-3-17 2 2003-3-18 3 2003-2-11 4 2003-4-10 5 2003-4-11 i copied all and then past it into the sheet 2 but the year is 1999 1999-3-17 1999-3-18 1999-2-11 1999-4-10 1999-4-11 i tried to copy one cell and then past it into the sheet 2, the year is 1999. i do not know what cause. please help. thanks jimmy Hi Jimmy, Somehow it seems you have a difference with 1900 and 1904 date systems, but I don't know how you managed to get two different systems in the same workbook. (or are...

Assigning print date / batch number to reports & invoices
Hi, I want to assign a print date to things that are only supposed to be printed once such as invoices, statements, etc. I have a invoice table. On the invoice table, I have PrintDate, which is the date the individual invoice was printed. The query select all invoices with no print date and prints them. I will be changing the PrintDate to the BatchNo field. I'll have a ReportBatch table (keyed by BatchNo) where I will record the date, time, report name, and other information about the different reports that are printed. And my query will be change to select all ...

Sorting dates
I have a list of names and their DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format. There is a Help topic which says to go to custom sort order and choose one of the samples to sort in, say, MONTH order. Is there a way to sort this list of dates by month WITHOUT separating the DD...MM...YYYY into separate columns?? Dave French David, You don't have to separate them, but you'll need a helper column on which to sort, if you want them ordered by month. This presumes you want all the January's of various years together, etc. =MONTH(A2) copied down. This will give you 1 for Jan, etc. Sort the table ...

Cell to show the last 2nd Month
Hi, I'd like to show a cell where it shows the last 2nd month of another cell, ie, in Cell A, the date is 03 May 2004 and I'd like Cell B to show March. I know the format will be MMMM but how to I get it to show March instead of May. How do I do it? Regards, Val Try this: =DATE(1,MONTH(A1)-2,1) With formula cell formatted as you said, "mmmm". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions....

Earn $700/month Guaranteed Payment #2
Start earning within 15 minutes Join as Supervisor. Step by step instructions and Full Tutorial $700/month Guaranteed Income! Visit: http://www.gogonai.info/?id=rodheta ...

Removing auto date in charts
I want my chart to skip weekend dates. The data source does not contain weekends but the chart puts them in automatically. Help! ...

First day of Next Month
Hello, In A1 I have the date 3/10/10. In B1 I would like to insert a formula that will show the Date 4/1/10. Basically, I would like a formula that will show the first of the next month no matter what date is shown in A1. Thanks for the help. Try this: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A3346E7-C4DE-...