modified timeline graph

I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a
timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis.

I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date,
and the event names to be shown at each point.  The dates should be
shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the
x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months).

Here's the hard part.  The events happen in different "phases", and I
want to show the phases graphically somehow.  I was thinking this
component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could somehow format
the series such that there would be shaded areas just above the
timeline corresponding to "Phase I", "Phase II", etc.  But I don't know
how.  I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Automate a Graph?
I am putting together a daily list of the change in prices of stocks, and what I want to do is make a graph on another worksheet that will update whenever enter a new date and amount. Is this possible? If so...how? Thanks in advance. Hi, See Jon's article on dynamic charts. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Cheers Andy pugsly8422 wrote: > I am putting together a daily list of the change in prices of stocks, and > what I want to do is make a graph on another worksheet that will update > whenever enter a new date and amount. Is this possibl...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Cumulative Distribution Graph #2
Hi I am trying to plot a cumulative distribution graph for the following numbers, i have seen a few other theads pertaining to cumulative graphs but i cannot understand it. THe following numbers are: 257.9, 22.6, 80.3, 57.2, 190.9, 123.5, 52.4, 1.6, 148.2, 50.6, 82.2, 135.0, 219.2, 115.3, 16.7, 44.8, 235.7, 214.0, 45.4, 192.7, 5.1, 37.4, 144.3, 0.9, 12.9, 19.5, 19.1, 79.6, 27.3, 19.1, 1.3, 118.1, 50.7, 231.0, 54.0, 46.6, 161. 0, 64.0, 19.5 ,95.9 The simplest thing you can do is put the numbers into a column, sort them from low to high, then put the numbers 1-40 (for the 40 numbers in your ...

timeline publisher
i need help making a timeline in publisher Specifically what do you need help with? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cTriks" <cTriks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A4E115-D8E0-4000-91BF-49E76B9027AC@microsoft.com... >i need help making a timeline in publisher Do this search http://images.google.com/images?q=timeline&hl=en The above search had about 200,000 hits. Look at the different timelines, select one that comes close to what you have in mind. All the tools are in Publisher for your creation. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://of...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

graphing #4
I am working on algebra homework and having problems on the graphing. I have built the graph with the y and x axis but how do I plot points within the graph. For example I have to plot x=5 y=3 how do I get a dot at that location...HELP Homework, aye... Check out this website: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Charting101.html It should help you puzzle out your answer. Or, perhaps try google: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=excel+chart+tutorials Happy learning. -- tj "kristine" wrote: > I am wor...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

Graph Limits
Excel 2000 Plotting value of a mutual fund vs. date. Using XY (Scatter). Sometimes the lower bound of the plot is at 0 and other times it is at (near) the lower limit of the data. I can't find anything that will let ME choose how I want it plotted. I'd prefer the second method (for example, if the data range is from $1952 to $2356, it will set the upper and lower limits at something like $1900 and $2400). Not planning to update Office so I'm stuck with its behavior. Anybody know what I can do here? An option somewhere? TIA yes, u can right click on the Y axis valu...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...

Excel Graph
Is there a way to get excel to calculate the slope of a line created by a set of data points entered into the spreadsheet? Go to Help and check out "Slope worksheet function" for your problem. Regards. -- BenjieLop ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11019 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467347 In addition, check "trendline" and "linest function" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/peo...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

Pipe timeline graphic
I saw a fantastic graphic that I'd like to reproduce. It had a piped, tubular effect, horizontal. It was used for a timeline. Sections of the tube were separated by a curved line, like an open parentheses (. Text could be entered in each section and each section could be filled with color. I want to use this as a timeline What version of PowerPoint are you using? PowerPoint 2007 offers 3D shape effects that can produce a tubular, or pipeline graphic. Julie Terberg MS PPT MVP "rkb57" <rkb57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Modified by on
Hi gurus, I am doing 2008 operating plan and i have created over 30 excel templates to be used by every unit in my department. I stored these templates on a shared folder onto my pc and accessable thru a webpage i creaeted for this purpose. I wanted to know who submitted what in a glance, so i created another file called "status" with a list of all units with total unit budget against the unit. The total cell reads from the unit's template. Now, i know which unit has updated its file if the total against the unit name shows other than $0 ... but i am not really happy with this. I...

Modifying cell entries?
Hi all, I have a range of cells in a spreadsheet containing values, say cell A1 : C5. Example as follows: A B C 1 100 100 100 2 100 100 100 3 100 100 100 4 100 100 100 5 100 100 100 I often need to edit all the individual cells in the range to become "=100*86%" because i need to keep the original value in the cell as well as shown the resulted value in the cells too, in this case it is 86 (result after 100 multiple by 86 percent). How do i cr...

Attachement Modified\Create Date
Using Outlook 2007 SP2. When I save an attachment it sometimes shows the "Date Created" as the date the file was actually created. Sometimes it shows the "Date Created" as date the e-mail was recieved. I have not done much testing on this, but it does not seem to be consistent...at least when dealing with MS Word files ......PDFs always seem to show the date as the date and time of the e-mail. Does not seem to make a difference how I attach the file or how I save the file either. It is just inconsistent. Can anyone help or explain? ...

VBA with Modifier or Dexterity with Modifier
I had to modify a few forms in the HR dictionary as i have to add/remove a few fields, so i am using modifier with vba to save/retrive/delete data for my fields. I had added a local field to the window with modifier and saving/retriving its value with VBA, now upon value returning from lookup or navigating through records each time i am being prompt to save record message box even though,i havent touched any field, i had put my VBA code on ID field's Changed event. Also i lose data and ID if i put delete code on Delete_AfterUserChanged event so i had to put it on the Delete_Before...

graph a parabola
I need help. I want to graph a parabola with x axis ( -5 to 5) and y axis (-5 to 5). y = x^2 + x + 2 Thanks. If you know of a program that I could buy. I know this can be done in excell. Barb If you want to pay me, that would be great {grin}, and even if you don't... PLOT manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html For a bunch of different ways to plot a function, adapt the ideas illustrated in Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm specifically, the sections: Enumerating a set of points in a workshe...

mass modify
In version 9.0 the GL Mass Modify option does not copy or move the GL account description from the source account. Instead it creates its own description from the account segment descriptions. Is there any way that the mass modify can copy the correct description. This is a big issue for our company because we have more than 50,000 accounts. And it will be impossible for us to update each account description when a new division is created. ...

Timeline
Hi all, I need a control for a timeline. Is there anything I could use or could you give me a description to do this by myself?! Regards, Matthias didnt get your description properly, but if i have understood you correctly, you can probably try your hands on scroll bar, with the min value set to the start year, and the max value set to the end year. get back, if you have to add anything to your description "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1129190563.819766.167220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I need a control for a t...