Miss- position of text box in chart

I have a problem on below :

When i generate the chart there after i added in the text
with text box to a certain location within the chart, but
after the position of the text shifted once i preview and
even printed out. the text just missalignment with what i
have been placed earlier on.

Thanks for the help~~!
0
anonymous (74717)

Eric -

Add a dummy XY series to the chart, with a data point located everywhere
you want a label. Format the series to be invisible (no marker, no
line), then use one of the free Excel add-ins* to apply labels from a
worksheet range to the dummy points.

  * Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com)
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

eric wrote:

> I have a problem on below :
>
> When i generate the chart there after i added in the text
> with text box to a certain location within the chart, but
> after the position of the text shifted once i preview and
> even printed out. the text just missalignment with what i
> have been placed earlier on.
>
> Thanks for the help~~!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Scatter chart with text labels as Y axis?
I have a series of worksheets, each representing tournament scores on a particular pinball machine. Each sheet looks like this: Player Score LoTR Me 3,000,000 Her 2,000,000 You 1,000,000 Player names in column A, scores in column B, and the name of that machine in cell C1. I want to create a scatter chart like this: LoTR | * * * | AFM | * ** | ST | * * * +--------------------------------------- 0 1 2 3 ...

how to change colour of dialog box
hi, i am developing a feature which will added ot existing product. So, for this i have to change the colore of the dialog boxes. plz tell me how can we change the colour of a dilaogbox thanks,very much bye, koti Hi, you must handle WM_CTLCOLOR. "koti" wrote: > > hi, i am developing a feature which will added ot existing product. So, for > this i have to change the colore of the dialog boxes. > > plz tell me how can we change the colour of a dilaogbox > > thanks,very much > > bye, > koti > > > ...

Missing files

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Using Count Formual with checked boxes
Hello, (2nd Posting -- just in case the first request did not Post correctly) I have a form in Excel that has boxes within cells F8:F27. When you click on the box, it inputs a check mark. I would like to use a formula to count all boxes that are checked (actual check mark) Can anyone help me, please? -- Thanks, Annie Hi, If the boxes have been created through the option in the Forms menu, then one can supply a cell link cell in the Format control box. The cell link will display as TRUE when the box is checked. Then one can use the =countif(range,true) to count ...

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text?
Question #1 When I select "Save as Web Page", click "Publish", check the "open published web page in browser" box, then click "Publish" again I encounter the following message: "A World Wide Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is required to use this feature." However, I am only interested in saving as html text, nothing more than that -so maybe I should perform a different procedure? My ultimate goal is just to be able to import html text into Excel (which I already can do), modify the text in Excel and then save the updated tex...

How do you change sort defaults for combined text number & hyphen.
I'm trying to sort an array of part numbers such as (3000, 3000P, 3000-10, 3000-10P, 30000P) and would like them to appear in that order. But I see that Excel ignores hyphens, which is part of the problem. Is there anyway I can change the data sorting defaults so the part numbers appear is this order? Another part of the problem is that you want the data to be treated as a number followed by text. Excel can't do that unless you either split the data into 2 columns - number part and text part -- or you pad the numeric portion on the left with spaces to the maximum possible length ...

Message Box 01-12-10
I have a form but need it to have a pop up box with certain conditions. Example: The message box will only pop up if reason code =1, platform= QL and Carrier=QLLAZBOY I would like the message box to pop if all of the above are true and say Please check elegibility on another platform. Is this possible if so please send me in the correct direction. thanks Hi LG, This should certainly be possible. The part I'm not entirely clear about is this statement: "Please check elegibility on another platform". Do you want to disallow the combination of reason code =1, platf...

Transparent Text Box Over Another
I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a document. The problem is that the text in the underlying boxes moves around the new box rather than staying fixed where they are. How can I fix this? Thanks, Cindy I'm curious - what do you mean by "semi-transparent"? Do you mean something like a watermark? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42f201c42b90$6cf88d90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a > document. The problem is that...

Animated charts
Hello, I want to create a chart, which has a slider, and when the slider is constantly clicked the area under a curve from a chart starts progressively being coloured (filled) until it reaches the end of the curve and the end of the slider. How can create these types of charts. regards The example near the bottom of this page: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 shows how to use a slider to control which data is charted. Ignore that my example uses dates, and just set it up for whatever units your X-axis uses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel M...

chart
how to create a new chart? Hi, highlight your information, Insert, chart, choose the one that you want to see, you can change it later if this helps please click yes, thanks "mona s ibrahim" wrote: > how to create a new chart? ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Outlook 2003 not saving multiple messages as text files
This is weird: when I select several messages and Save (them) As: text files, the file in question only gets the headers, not the bodies: ex: select two messages then Save As text files: From: John Doe Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 09:24 To: Some (E-mail) Subject: Interesting From: Kate Bloggs Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2003 08:31 To: Other (E-mail) Subject: See you on Monday Nothing else! Why would this very basic function change in Outlook 2003? Outlook 2002, 2000 and 97 save the messages perfectly! Outlook 2003 only saves one (full) text file per message; if I select two or more messa...

Upgraded to Office 2007, area chart messed up
I just upgraded to Office 2007, now my area charts need to be fixed. I have been using stacked area charts. Now 2007 has added a line from the origin to the last data value for each series and shades the areas for that series above and below the line. I simply want the shading to go from the X-axis up to the first series, and then from each series up to the next series. How can I fix the area chart? Thanks, Capt Cook ...

Same Text on Multiple Worksheets
I need to enter text into certain fields on a worksheet and I want that text to repeat automatically on other worksheets in the same workbook. Cell references on the other worksheets are not the same as the original worksheet. -- PB You can use formulas that point to any cell on that original worksheet. It may be a pain to set it up the first time, but once it's done, it's done. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) can go in any sheet in any cell to retrieve the value from A1 on sheet1. This is nice for titles. But if you have a key unique value in a column, you m...

Extracting the called paramaters of a dialog box application
I want to extract the parameters of which my MFC dialog box application was called in a dos box. Is there any api for that? Thanks Beni You can always use GetCommandLine(); AliR. "Beni" <beni@beni.com> wrote in message news:%23SoAl9%23%23GHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I want to extract the parameters of which my MFC dialog box application was > called in a dos box. > Is there any api for that? > > Thanks > > Beni > > Take a look at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/zaydx040.aspx Tom "Beni" <beni@beni.com> wrote...

How can I highlight a part of the text?
How do you highlight a portion of the text? Place your cursor where you want the highlight to start, click, press shift, place the cursor where you want the highlight to end, click again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DBBurt" <DBBurt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC3A73C-03B3-462B-BD1C-DD46F4892191@microsoft.com... > How do you highlight a portion of the text? ...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Folders after Sync

Column Charts
I would like to chart three series. I would like two columns in each group. The first column in a group would be series 1. The second column in a group would be series 2 and 3 stacked on each other. Is that possible? I've come close by using secondary axis but the columns are plotted over each other. Check out Jon Peltier's site at www.peltiertech.com I know he has something there on this, but I don't have time to look it up right now. "jtd1" wrote: > I would like to chart three series. I would like two > columns in each group. The first column in a...

Text wrapping for appointments
I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My right margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2B6A8F-8A33-455F-AB0F-5A5D279205B4@microsoft.com... >I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, > appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My > right > margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! If you're using Outlook 2007, the Outlo...

Bar and Line Charts
How Can I set up a combination Bar/Line Graph that has multiple lines instead of multiple Bars? Every Series I add is displayed as another bar, and I don't know how to change it to a line. Select the line you want to change to a Bar and change the Chart Type to Bar. "Keith" wrote: > How Can I set up a combination Bar/Line Graph that has multiple lines instead > of multiple Bars? Every Series I add is displayed as another bar, and I > don't know how to change it to a line. ...

Enter Password pop up box
I have a client using Outlook 98 on a Win 2000 system. I have migrated their websites and emails to a new server. Tech support at my host used a migration script which moved everything incuding email accounts and passwords. All went well except for 3 (out of 10) email accounts that won't access the email. They keep getting a pop up box: Internet E-mail - Accountname Email Please enter your user name and password for the following server. Logon Server: mail.domainname.com User name: username Password: xxxxxxxx Remember password OK CANCEL The password...

Missing Fonts in Word Art