Merge and Center, Text disappear

After selecting an entire row and clicking to Merge and Center botton, then
I type in the text I want,I then jumped to the the new cell or row, but then
the text I just typed from the Merged cell on top disappear.  What is going
on?

Thank You.

If you have centred an entire Row I would think that your
text would be very far to the right.  Try merging the
number of columns that you require
Hope that helps
Ginger

0
anonymous (74717)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Centering graphics
I have pub 07 and am trying to understand object postiioning. If I simply want to center a graphic horizontally in a booklet publication, it seems that there is no easy way to fo it. I know on a regular sheet I can do it with realative to margins then center but if I try that with booklet setup it centers is in the middle of the left and right page. Any help appreciated. Thanks Dig wrote: > I have pub 07 and am trying to understand object postiioning. If I simply > want to center a graphic horizontally in a booklet publication, it seems that > there is no easy way to fo it. ...

OE adds 'Blank' to a plain text messge
When sending a plain text message in OE the recipient receives the message but the first word of the message has been added - "Blank". Would appreciate any suggestions and help. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion...

.csv file
I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them include zeroes at the beginning but even if I format the column as text, the zeroes keep disappearing. Is there a way to keep the zeroes at the beginning of each cell? I am on Windows XP Professional and running Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks, Katherine How are you checking for the leading 0's? Are you opening the .csv file in NotePad? Or are you reimporting the file into excel? Try opening in NotePad to check. BCK57 wrote: > > I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Word mail merge

Split "Firstname Lastname" text box into two columns, Multiple Aut
Hello, I've got a bibliography data base I'm trying to set up and would like to enter a name, "John Smith" into my form and have it add an entry into my Authors table as Column 1 - John, Column 2, Smith. Also, there are sometimes mulitple authors on any given paper. How can I enter mulitple authors for the same paper? Below is the VBA, SQL code I've been trying to work from. I get an error, "Number of query values and destination fields are not the same" when I try to run it. But it still would 't solve the mulitple author problem even if it wo...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Converting text to dates
Hi I have inherited an Access 97 database which has the dates in text format eg '20040425'. Changing the data type in design view deletes all the records. Anyone know how I can convert these dates from text to date without data loss. Thanks GLS You can add a new field (of Date type) to your table and then do an Update query to fill it with the date value from your text field. Here is the SQL for an Update query using the DateValue() function to convert the text to a true date: UPDATE [MyTable] SET [MyTable].NewDateField = DateValue(Left([TextField],4) & "/" &...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Adjusting column width doesn't Wrap the text
I have users that need to type in text into cells in Excel but the wrap text within the cells doesn't seem to work properly. On what way? Have you turned it on under format>cells>alignment and wrap text. To force it w/o applying text wrap change lines using alt + enter -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Duke" <duke@fpwk.com> wrote in message news:2948401c39197$96eb0620$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have users that need to type in text into cells in Excel > but the wrap text within the cells doesn't seem to work > properly. Yikes! I am turning into DP! [In wh...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Help! Powershell changes text file sizes??
When I run a command with invoke-expression in Powershell, it creates a file almost twice as large as the same thing run from command prompt. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? If I run the following command from a command prompt, I get a 14K text file: dfsradmin rg list /attr:RgName,ObjState >> report.txt If I run the following command from a Powershell prompt, I get a 27K file: invoke-expression -command "dfsradmin rg list '/attr:RgName,ObjState' >> report.txt" Gary schrieb: > When I run a command with invoke-expression in Pow...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Formatting text as numbers
Hi, I have viewed a s/s in HTML format ......... There's an option to export the file to Excel, which I have done. However, the numbers do not appear to be formatted correctly ........... I have tried changing the format of the values to number - however it doesn't work? Yet if I go on the individual cell, an exclamation mark appears on the left informing me that it is formatted as text - rather than number. If I change using this capability it works? Is there some way I can select all the values and change the formatting en masse. Don Don Try copying an unused cell and th...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

Cannot copy text in emails
I am experiencing rather an annoying problem with outlook 2000 and Win2K Here is what I'm doing in step-by-step form. View an e-mail in outlook 2000, highlight some text in this e-mail, using either the keyboard shortcut CTRL+C or right mouse to copy the text. Open a new email message , try to paste the copied text - nothing is available to paste. If I open notepad or Word, the text can be pasted . It's only Outlook which has the problem. The work around is to open the new email first then go to the email with the text required to copy and go thru the procedure like that. Anyone ...

Merging .pst files
Over the last couple of years I have been working from both a desktop and a laptop computer when travelling (both running XP but with Outlook 2007 and 2003, respectively; but I'm told that shouldn't have any impact as they use the same type of .pst file system). I have copied outlook,pst files from one to another to ensure I'm always working with a current file. However, during those years, I have not always understood how to manage that process. Fortunately, I've always saved the old .pst file in case I screw something up. Well, I have screwed something up....

Wrap text in merged cells
Hi, I have a complicated spreadsheet which results in a nicely presented report in which l need the user to input some narrative. To preserve the look and feel of the report l would like the user to be able to input the narrative on a single row, restricted to say 6 columns. The row height needs to adjust automatically dpendent on the amount of text entered. It seems a simple problem but l have tried many methods without success. Anybody got any idea's on how to do this ? All replies greatly appreciated. Regards Michael Beckinsale. You have a problem because: >>restricted t...

text stretching
I have a paragraph that I want to be justified, but not by just spacing the letters apart; rather do it by stretching the font to fit the space. I could do it with my old Publisher, but when I updated to 2003, I can only find a place to stretch where it makes me choose a percentage applied to the whole paragragh...doesn't work...makes some lines jump to the next line, etc Not sure I know what you mean. I've never experienced being able to stretch text. You can use character spacing on a one word at a time basis. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...