Marking point of intersection on double y axis chart?

I have two sets of data plotted on a 2 axis line chart. The data
resembles a cross with one set increasing and the other decreasing. Is
there a simple command that will draw on marker lines showing where
they intersect, with their respective values on the axes?

--
TheBigLoofah
TheBigLoofah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31797

Why don't you have your workbook do the calculation of intersection point
and plot that as another series.

"TheBigLoofah" <TheBigLoofah.23miim_1140599412.797@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> I have two sets of data plotted on a 2 axis line chart. The data
> resembles a cross with one set increasing and the other decreasing. Is
> there a simple command that will draw on marker lines showing where
> they intersect, with their respective values on the axes?
>

> --
> TheBigLoofah
> TheBigLoofah's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31797
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515232

0
reply6075 (299)

How to control aspect ratio of X,Y axes?
Is there a straight-forward way to control the aspect ratio of the X and Y axes? I managed to do it by manually dragging the length and width of the chart area until the aspect ratio looked like what I wanted. But I'd rather do it a more methodical way, if possible. For example, I thought under the Format Axis > Scale, I thought there might be something for Units per Inch. Nope. (I am using Excel 2003.) Since my original X coordinate ranged from 1 to 597 and Y ranged from 118 to 155, the aspect ratio was way off. I wanted 1-to-1; that is, the visual distance between 118 and...

tick mark or what ?
Case 1 - it works the way i want it - case 2 the whole arry is written. why? 'where is my thinking going wrong'? ist's just the blank (Write-Host $i"." $...||Write-Host $i". "$...) 1. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-ChildItem | where-object {$_.name -match "$FileYearDecember\d{2}_\w{3}-\w{3}\.\w{3}$"}) Write-Host $i"." $SaveLast10Decembers[$SaveLast10Decembers.count-1].name "wird verschoben" | Out-File $LogFileName -append --> 1. YMAT1_20091231_SAP-JOB.txt wird verschoben 2. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-Chil...

Insertion point disappears in outline view of PPt 2007
When typing the content of my presentation in outline view, if I pause for a second, the insertion point "disappears". If I continue to type, the new text does not show up either in the outline or on the slide. I can click back in the outline pane and continue but the insertion point soon disappears again - sometimes in the middle of a word. I provide training and support to faculty and staff at a 2-yr college and one of my faculty members called this morning with the same issue. I have used the outline pane extensively in multiple versions of PPt (including 2007) a...

Macro/Word converting double-quote marks into angle quotation marks
Hi all, I've scripted a vba macro that opens html pages in txt format and adds the following line after <BODY> (through a search and replace): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Output.css" /> The problem I'm having is that Word or the macro (don't really know) is converting the double-quote marks into angled quotation marks (ASCII 147 and 148), which makes the line above unreadable by the browser. I've tried using Chr(34): "<BODY><link rel=" & Chr(34) & "stylesheet" & ...

merge pivot charts?
I have 3 seperate charts created from 3 pivot tables. each table has a filter office#. user has to go to each table to select office# to get the charts update. Is there any way to merge 3 tables together, that way user can select only one time and get the different info for each table? pivot_table_1 office# answers pivot_table_2 office# answers pivot_table_3 office# answers You can use programming to change the selections in the related pivot tables. There's a sample file here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under PivotTables, look for 'PT0021 - Chang...

file association problem (double clicking to launch uses 8.3 filename)
If I load a file into my program using File:Open there is no problem But if I doubleClick on a file so that Windows launches my program because of the association, the file loads OK but my program seems to use the old 8.3 file name and loses the rest of the long file name. for example a file called myVeryLongFileName.est is loaded as MyVery~1.est does anyone know why this should happen and how to fix it? Any help will be much appreciated Phil Perhaps the Parameter length is too short "Phil Cunningham" <EXPRESS@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> д����Ϣ news:#SE$MGvMFHA.3988@tk2msftng...

copy worksheet to a new workbook with formulas .... but new file not point to old one
hello again, is this even possbile. i have looked into this quite a bit and so far have not found a solution. I have workbook A , i copy the data from A (including formulas) and paste the data to workbook B. A has multiple worksheets and i only copy 2 of them to B now the formulas in B point to the data in A even though B has all the worksheets which are referenced to in the formulas. So, in B you get formulas of the form : [A.xls]!variable....... is there a way to get rid of [A.xls] ??? and i cant just copy the values, formulas are required. btw, i'm copying and pasting in VBA. so ...

Subtotal charting
I have hundreds of entries in an inventory spreadsheet. I subtotaled the entries to give me a total cost for each item for the month. Now I want to create a chart of the subtotals but when making the chart, the computer selects every entry instead of just the subtotal entries. I tried hiding the other entries but it still selects them. Is there any easy way to select the subtotals to make the chart from? Rico Did you use the Data>Subtotals command to create the subtotals? If so, you can use the outline buttons at the left of the worksheet, to display only the subtotals. Then, s...

Word document format marks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I hide format marks in my Word documents. Docs show paragraph marks, tab marks, etc. They do not print when I print the document. One day I was typing and accidentally hit a key or key combo and there they were. You can simply click on the �-icon in the Standard toolbar (it looks like an inverted "P"), or, if you prefer using the keyboard, hit Cmd+8. On 30/03/10 15:52, DrJ117@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > How do I h...

Double Quote in a "Text"
I'm looking at a DB written by someone else where a value (Text) for a fieldname is 5'10". I have a SQL string in a module looping thru a recordset which includes... WHERE Fieldname = """ & R & """...where R is the String assigned to the Fieldname...here R = 5'10" As I recall, the 10" double-quote above cannot be included in coding like this..in other words, just enter 5 10 in the Fieldname...my Apps exclude a double-quote from being entered in the Field. Is there a workaround if the user insists on 5'10" as an e...

ploting points
How do I go about plotting points on a bell curve. I have 400 points to plot. ...

Help to track down floating-point error
Hello, all, I'm trying to track down and fix a bug in an older application (VC++ 1.52c) but I'm getting a "floating-point exception: invalid" before I even get to the point where I can recreate the bug and I can't locate what's causing it because the error terminates the app and I can't even view the call stack. Searching online suggests that a floating-point exception handler may help, but I have not as yet figured out where to get one. Any suggestions or advice on other ways to approach this? I've tried setting breakpoints all over my code and single-s...

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

marking replies
I want to have an arrow, or something, on my inbox list that indicates I have replied to that email. I have it on other computers, but can't figure out how to install on this one. There already is... on the little envelope icon in the From column blue arrow => indicates forwarded purple arrow <= indicates replied to -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADE4C9F-94F7-4FF6-8BB0-789ECE557E97@microsoft.com... > I want to have an arrow, or...

Creating Multiple charts in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet should contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Is it possible to create a macro for the same? Please can somebody help me with some vba code for creating multiple charts in a single excel sheet. Thanks, Sobha ...

build chart template; then add series one by one
Hello -- This chart will plot data imported from one or more text files. We want 2 buttons on a UserForm which will allow the user to 1 - erase the old chart and build a new chart "structure" 2 - import one series (in text file) at a time and plot it on the chart (this code works) "Structure" means: 1 - rectangle representing the chart area 1 - chart title 3 - Y axis major gridlines 4 - Y axis scale = range 0 to 5 5 - Y axis title blank 6 - X axis scale = blank 7 - X axis title ' "Time in seconds" 9 - no legend I have been able to achieve this result only ...

x Bar and R chart
Has anyone created an x-Bar and R chart in excel. Uncle bob: I entered XBar Chart Excel and found over 9,200 references. So there is a lot out there for you to look at. There are a number of commercial add-ins if you are undertaking a major Statistical process Control (SPC) program. On the other hand, there are dozens of free downloads if your are looking for "how to" information. I have put a simple control chart "how to" on my site that may help to get you started. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm .... Kelly koday@processtrends.com &qu...

Decimal point rounded off when exporting.
Hi, I'm running into an issue when exporting a table to a .csv file. The table contains columns of numbers many of which contain a decimal point and three digits after the decimal. For example 5.123. The problem is that once the table has been exported to the .csv file the third number (the thousandth) has been rounded and I only get the hundredth (for example 5.12). Have tried Access 2002 and 2003 with the same results. The data type of the columns is Number, Field Size is Double, with Decimal Places set to Auto. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help. -Chris Hi, In...

Can tick mark labels be flipped about axis?
Hi, I'm plotting a number of XY scatter charts with negative and positive numbers on both axes. These axes must intersect at their zero points and I need to display tick mark labels next to both. However, I find that these labels tend to obscure each other at the intersection. Is there a way of removing some of them near the intersection, for example by selectively setting the font color to transparent? Alternatively, can the labels be 'flipped' about their axis like the high/low setting, but having them still next to the axis insead of at the top or bottom of the chart? I tried t...

coloured marking
Hi, I'm new in this group and hope this is the right group for my question! I have an Excel table for my diabetic values! Now I would like to see these values coloured if they pass over specified values, for example from 150-199 green colour and for more than 200 red colour. Is this possible? -- Viele Gruesse / Best regards / Serdeczne pozdrowienia Roland Thawte Web of Trust notary und/and/i CAcert assurer, Zywiec, Polen / Poland / Polska PGP-Key: http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?qs=0x2187626E Skype: roland1713 - low-priced calling over computer - http://www.skype.com/ Roland, yes it ...

Assigning labels to scatter charts
Hi. I'm creating an x-y scatter chart but want to label the points. How do I do this? Thanks, Tom You can apply data labels to the points. Double click the series, and choose any of the built-in options on the Data Labels tab. You can subsequently select individual labels and edit the text. After the third or fourth label, this becomes tedious. To automate the process, you can use one of these Excel add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Both are free, and easy to install and use. - Jon ------- Jo...

using two Y-values for one X-value on same chart
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how plot multiple depent variables for a single independent variable. Is this possible without creating multiple series in a chart?? I also need to add a trendline through the data when I'm finished plotting it. Any help? -- nate You'll need another series for each dependent variable. "naterbater10101" wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to figure out how plot multiple depent variables for a single > independent variable. Is this possible without creating multiple series in a > chart?? I also need to add a trendline through the...

Question marks appearing where folder names should be
I have a user who has his inbox and subfolders showing question marks instead of letters. He went to china and access OWA. Since he's come back, the settings have remained in chinese. How do I restore him back to english and get rid of the question marks? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

How to use (and move) a vertical line as a cursor in x-y plot
I think I have a big job ahead of me but before I invest too much time I'm wondering if it can be done at all. I would like to have an x-y graph where I have plotted the outside contour of some object (for discussion purposes it is the side view of a rocket ship). I would like to have a vertical line in this plot that can be moved left or right within the plot area (but not allowed to go out of this area) using the cursor (left mouse button) such that when I release the button, the x position of the vertical line is linked to a cell in the worksheet. This x value would also be shown adj...

how to mark outbox emails for send
I have over 2000 emails in an outbox that will not go out. New emails are sent fine. The emails that go out successfully are in bold italics for the moment they reside in the Outbox prior to being sent. The 2000 or so emails stuck in the same Outbox are all normal font. Is there a way to mark them all to be sent? Also, why would these emails have ended up in this state in the first place, that is sitting in the Outbox but not marked to send? Thanks in advance ...