Making Equal Spacing between --> X-Axis = Y-Axis, in a char

Hi,

I'm trying to plot a simple x, y chart (using a scatter chart) and I can't
figure out how to control the chart so that the X-axis spacing is equal to
the Y-axis spacing.

Excel (I'm using 2007) usually draws the chart so that the X-Axis is longer
than the Y-Axis. And what I'd like is to have them be the same.

Is there a setting (or work-around) somewhere that restricts, or links the
spacing between these two Axis so that they plot on the same scale and
distance?

I'm trying to study and create a few cross sections for a Kayak Design and I
can't afford to have much distortion in the grid pattern.

Thanks So Much for any Help,

Jim

0
JimD1 (9)

Hi,

Maybe this will help
http://www.andypope.info/charts/SetSquareAxis.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Jim D." <JimD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to plot a simple x, y chart (using a scatter chart) and I can't
> figure out how to control the chart so that the X-axis spacing is equal to
> the Y-axis spacing.
>
> Excel (I'm using 2007) usually draws the chart so that the X-Axis is
> longer
> than the Y-Axis. And what I'd like is to have them be the same.
>
> Is there a setting (or work-around) somewhere that restricts, or links the
> spacing between these two Axis so that they plot on the same scale and
> distance?
>

> I'm trying to study and create a few cross sections for a Kayak Design and
> can't afford to have much distortion in the grid pattern.
>

> Thanks So Much for any Help,
>
> Jim

0
andy9699 (3616)

Make Default

COLUMN CHART Y AXIS PROBLEM
In a column chart with a data table, I want the numbers to appear on the Y axis. However, the zero amount rests on the top line of the data table. I don't want to change the format of the data table. Suggestions? Thanks DCG - I don't exactly understand your dilemma, particularly "the zero amount rests on the top line of the data table". Could you re-explain? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ dcg1950 wrote: > In a column chart with a data table, I want the numbers to appear on the Y axis. ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

No space if <shift>+<space>
When I'm typing in a normal word document using MS Word 2007 on Windows Vista 32 bit PC, if I have the shift key held down while pressing the space bar, no space is typed. It makes it so that in order to type "OF THE" I have to let go of the shift key between the two words when I press the space bar and then reapply the shift key to continue. If I forget or miss releasing the shift key I get "OFTHE" Most annoying! Please tell me there is a setting somewhere to fix this. Thanks. In the Customize Keyboard dialog, assign the Shift+Spacebar combination ...

How do I create a second "y" axis on the right?
Derrick, Create a simple line chart as an example with the following data: Ser1 Ser2 a 1 4 b 2 3 c 3 4 In the clart plot area, double-click on the series called "Ser2". It should be the higher line of the two series. In the Format Data Series dialog box, go to the Axis tab. Choose the option "Plot series on: Secondary axis". ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Derrick" wrote: > This works great in Excel 1997-03, but how do you do this in Excel 2007? Lost_in_Houston "John Mansfield" wrote: > Derrick, > > ...

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Only Half Disk Space Able to be Used
Second 8 GB hard drive is used to store files only, no operating system. It shows full after 4 GB used. What has happened and what is the remedy without losing existing files. ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

How do I remove a hidden space in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel or Word problem... I am doing a mail merge in Word (envelopes). I am pulling my data (name, address, cit/state/zip) from an Excel .xls I created. In mail merge, I select envelopes and go through all the steps. I use the Address Block for the delivery address. However, when it pulls the data over, the name line (first line of address block) is indented by one space. No matter what I do (place cursor at indent and use backspace or place cursor at next two correct lines and add a space), the change doesn't take place. I've checked all the tabs as...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Align Clustered Column Chart Category Axis Labels
I have a simple clustered column chart containing one series. Instead of the category X axis labels being directly aligned under each column, is there a way to align the labels directly under each major tick mark? In other words, I would like the X axis labels to appear under the right side of each column when the gap width is set to zero. Thanks for your help. Stephanie, You can do so by setting up a dummy X axis. This example explains how to put a colored quadrant together. You will specifically want to use the X axis techniques that are described in the example. http://www.pel...

about the hashtable and equals
Hello! First some background information before I ask the question.The text is just copied from a book that I'm reading The .Net Framework doesn't always understand equality as we do, however. For example, imagine you created class Fish that holds the name of the fish like below. public class Fish { string name; public Fish(string theName) { name = theName; } } Now if we create two instances of the Fish class with the same name, the Hashtable treats them as different objects, as shown in the following code example. Hashtable...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

How to make this report simple? Thanks
How to combine all items to be read better? I mean just now I have 3 products however to each of theme are the same items / Rqst, EG, SP, EG-SP/ and I would like to meka it simplier. July2006 August2005 Group1 Group2 Group3 Group1 Group2 product1 Rqst 4301 0 250 120 75 EG 3560 0 150 80 100 SP 3200 0 120 40 50 EG-SP 360 0 65 30 200 product2 Rqst 100 150 EG SP EG-SP product3 Rqst EG SP EG-SP Thanks a lot for any kind of info. Juraj / mer68@zmail.sk ...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

How to make a stacked bar chart using time?
Hi, I have the following data to plot on a stacked bar chart, and displayed as time. Dr X Dr Y Dr Z 02:03 03:00 01:00 00:20 02:00 00:30 00:40 01:00 00:30 02:45 01:00 00:15 02:10 08:13 07:00 02:00 This is time in hours and minutes. I need the result to look like this... Dr.X bar [02:03][00:20][00:40][02:45][00:15][02:10] Dr.Y bar [03:00][02:00][01:00][01:00] Dr.Z bar [01:00][00:30][00:30] where [02:03] represents a colour to represent 2 hrs & 3 mins etc. If I just select the Dr. X data I can get a stacked chart, but as soon as I add either Dr. Y or Dr. Z data the whole chart ...

Add "pad" space to text in cell?
Is it possible to "pad" the text in a cell with added space before and/or after the text? I have Wrapping turned on. With AutoFit, the top and bottom cell edges come right up to the text; I'd like a little white space between the text and the top and bottom edges, but without having to manually adjust all the rows individually. Is this possible? Ed Maybe you could add an alt-enter before the text and another alt-enter at the end. If your cells are formulas, you can use =char(10)&"yourformula"&char(10) Ed wrote: > > Is it possible to "pad&q...

How do I make each row add up seperatly? Please make it easy...
I have never set up anything on excel before. My job has always had it ready for me. I want to do this to help me figure out how much I will need for my baking ingredients for the holidays. I thought that I could put a row for sugar, and then for everything I am making with sugar type in 3/4 cup and 1 1/2 cups then at the end of all the sugar items have it add how much I will need. Can anyone tell me step by step how to set this up?? Please make it easy I am not computer smart at all. I'm willing to take this project on! Why don't you email what you have to ng@officear...