making boxplot in excel 2007

Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007.
I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007
edition.
I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the
"Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot.
The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the
data-points so I can't see median ect.
Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the
data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines
at the bottom just like when u change the order of several objectives?

Sorry my english! Want to show u guys what I mean but don't know a place
where I can place pics of the screenshot

It is not possible to change the arrangement of shapes comprising a chart,
other than what is possible by changing the series order. Excel 2007 seems
to have put the up-down bars in front of series markers, unlike Excel 2003
on back to the dawn of time, or at least back to the first version of Excel
with charts.

An unsatisfactory way to address the hidden markers is to remove the fill
from the up-down bars, so the markers under the bars are visible. Another is
to revert to 2003 for any chart-sensitive applications.

You could also construct the box and whisker plot using stacked columns, as
I do in this example and in the related utility:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html

I was pleased when I tested the utility in Excel 2007 and it worked without
any adjustments. (At least the vertically aligned one; there is something
possibly amiss about the horizontally aligned chart.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"matethemouse" <matethemouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007.
> I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007
> edition.
> I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the
> "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot.
> The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the
> data-points so I can't see median ect.
> Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the
> data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the
> high-low-lines
> at the bottom just like when u change the order of several objectives?
>
> Sorry my english! Want to show u guys what I mean but don't know a place
> where I can place pics of the screenshot

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
4/25/2007 1:19:28 AM
And what's more bizarre... If the chart is made in Excel 2007, it comes out
wrong, with the markers hidden behind the bars. If the chart is made in an
earlier version of Excel, the markers remain in view in front of the bars,
even when the workbook is saved in Excel 2007 format, closed, and reopened.
So somehow Excel knows something about the version or history of the chart.

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> It is not possible to change the arrangement of shapes comprising a chart,
> other than what is possible by changing the series order. Excel 2007 seems
> to have put the up-down bars in front of series markers, unlike Excel 2003
> on back to the dawn of time, or at least back to the first version of
> Excel with charts.
>
> An unsatisfactory way to address the hidden markers is to remove the fill
> from the up-down bars, so the markers under the bars are visible. Another
> is to revert to 2003 for any chart-sensitive applications.
>
> You could also construct the box and whisker plot using stacked columns,
> as I do in this example and in the related utility:
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html
>
> I was pleased when I tested the utility in Excel 2007 and it worked
> without any adjustments. (At least the vertically aligned one; there is
> something possibly amiss about the horizontally aligned chart.)
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "matethemouse" <matethemouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007.
>> I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007
>> edition.
>> I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the
>> "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot.
>> The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the
>> data-points so I can't see median ect.
>> Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the
>> data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the
>> high-low-lines
>> at the bottom just like when u change the order of several objectives?
>>
>> Sorry my english! Want to show u guys what I mean but don't know a place
>> where I can place pics of the screenshot

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Make Default

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

why does my Outlook 2007 download pdf attachments in Word?
when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then opened with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What have i changed? You have changed the file association of pdf-files to open with Word instead of Adobe. There is no option to change this in Outlook as Outlook follows the settings you made in Windows. Which version of Windows are you using? One way to re-associate it with Adobe again is to right click on a saved pdf-file-> Open With...-> Choose ...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

making tickets

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

Un Save a Excel Worksheet
I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. No. The file has been overwritten. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ea01c39384$2e7fa7f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet > with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or > un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. ...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...

2003 to 2007 02-02-08
I have a local network of several computesr which use the same database in one of the computer but I have a security password set up so that when one log into the database they need a passwork I bought another computere which has 2007 access and when I insall the password key on this computer it will not access the database (2003) in the network Need help -- klam ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

a sample question about excel VBA
How can I make msgbox like this? �� there are X sheets of this workbook the first page name is : Sheets(1).Name the secod page name is : Sheets(2).Name �� until to the last page the X page mane is : Sheets(X).Name How can I write this module? Sub WorksheetNames() Dim i As Long Dim strAnswer As String strAnswer = _ "There are " & Worksheets.Count & _ " sheets of this workbook" For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count strAnswer = strAnswer & vbCr & _ "Sheet " & i & " : " & _...