Make lines on a graph appear with a button

All,

I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o
the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat
a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks

Select all the data, and create a line chart
Select a cell in the table
Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter
 From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item
The chart will display the data for that item

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/22/2004 9:37:26 PM
If you're up for a challenge, there are some techniques here that may help:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

geistritter < wrote:

> All,
>
> I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on
> the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciate
> a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks.
>

> ---

DOjonNOT (619)

Make Default

outlook 3 line street address
Hi, I am copying and pasting contact ionfo from a pulbic folder to excel. For any contacts with more than one line on the street address it drops the next line to a new row. If it has 3 lines on the street it will add 2 rows. I have tried all of the posts I can find regarding carriage returns, etc. I have even tried parsing the address in outlook and I get the same results but with an extra blank column on the next row. I am trying to get this to do lists but i have to do editing on each of the multi lines entries to put the info back in the right columns. help! Does anyone have any ...

How can I get the bar code to appear in a mail merge?
Am creating a newsletter in Publisher 2000. I know how to mail merge from Excel, but the bar code does not appear. How can I get the bar code to print on the document? The bar codes many not be accepted by the US Post Office any longer. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA101091591033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "sfrick" <sfrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C7592ED-974B-4D5F-B390-F8BA61A3075A@microsoft.com... > Am creating a newsletter in Publisher 2000. I ...

How do I remove the individual subtotal lines from a pivot table..
I made a pivot table to subtotal sales to multiple customers for multiple part numbers.The pivot table summarizes by customer and then lists the nultiple part numbers purchase.I want to eliminate the company subtotal line and retain the individual lines for part number sales. also, if possible I'd like to retain the customer name on the remaining lines so it would look like this: customer part qty dollars A b22 3 3 If you double click on that Customer header, you'll see options for subtotals (including None). And I don...

error line source code
is there a way to get the actual line of source code of an error that occurs? i.e. source code: a=1/0 error description returns "a=1/0" i can think of an ugly way of doing it, basically put line numbers in the code to get the error line, then compare that to the .frm text and copy the text where it matches on the line number. I am hoping there is a better and easier way. <a@b.com> wrote in message news:evjrn5h19kksf64fhea3k0qg07oefro6sb@4ax.com... > is there a way to get the actual line of source code of an error that > occurs? > > i.e. source c...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Linking graphs to other spreadsheets
Hello All, I have two seperate workbooks, one of the two has graphs that pull data from the other file. If I only open the file with graphs, the data in the graph is accurate, but the axis on the bottom is not accurate (The bottom is a date format) If I open both files and then look at the graphs, the axis looks proper. Is there a way to link the files that I don't have to have both open to look at the graphs? -- Thank you for your time! John ...

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Where can I get on-line training for Visio
I am new to Visio and would appreciate some advice on the best way to 'teach myself'. Many thanks try this, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=RC&Query=visio al "annmez" <annmez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E051D59E-5DEF-4484-8BC9-EA62847C17A6@microsoft.com... >I am new to Visio and would appreciate some advice on the best way to >'teach > myself'. Many thanks ...

Cross Tab Line Numbers
I have two fields, Emp_ID and Proj. Each employee could have as many as 10 projects at any given time. What I want to do is build a CrossTab Query that has the emp_id as column headers and under each name the list of projects assigned to them. So what I was trying to do is to create a linenumber of some sort between 1 and 10 to go with each record so that when I pull the Query into the Cross tab query I could use the number as row headers. Pleae help! Example of what I want limit to 5 to save space (not 10): no. Emp1 Emp2 Emp3 ..... 1 proj1 proj2 proj8 2 proj3 proj5...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

No control buttons on title bar (no minimize, restore or close)
A friend asked me to take a look at a workbook he has. When it opens, it cannot be resized, it does not have any control buttons (minimize, maximize or restore, and close) and does not have the other control menu on the left. It only has the filename of the workbook displayed completely flush left within the titlebar Has anyone got any ideas? I've read through a million posts and can find nothing. P.S. It does the same no matter where it is opened, and it's not in full screen view and it's not the problem mentioned in other posts involving Novell Groupware Many thanks if you...

four quadrant graph
I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis like (9,2) This should get you started http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartWizard.html "awdgurl" <awdgurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0F0AA20-5749-46DE-862B-2455244963E6@microsoft.com... > I need to use EXEL to create a graph that shows 2 numbers at an x and y axis > like (9,2) Assuming you set up four points like this: 9 2 2 2 5 12 7 3 The number 9 is in cell A1 and 2 is in cell B2. The remaining numbers fall below. Click on cell A1. Then, click ...

Global "disclaimer" line
How do you put a global disclaimer on all outgoing email? I'm not talking about a .sig line. That's what each user uses to put their unique contact info in. I'm talking about a legal disclaimer that goes below the .sig line and is "stamped" on every outgoing email. To add a disclaimer the Microsoft Article is as follows http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317680 However, to make your life easier, I recommend downloading the free version of GFI MailEssentials at the following link http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.asp?pid=11&lid=1 G...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Have a formula yield a true blank that disconnects graph line
I use a formula to calculate values or use set criteria to yield blanks. Then I graph the data and want the line graph to end where a blank occurs rather than connect the line to zero where the blank occurs. Actually all blanks are plotted as zeros, but I could enter -1 instead of blank and make the scale minimum zero to eliminate this problem if the line did not connect from the last data point to the -1 or zero. This problem is not cured by copy>paste special>values even though the blanks then no longer contain formula but look indistinguishable from real blanks. But they d...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...