Loss of Data Label Format

Hi,

I have tried adding data labels to a bar chart and rotating them vertically,
whilst changinging the number type and format.  I then email these to another
user and the graph loses format.  How can I prevent this?

I have tried converting them to .pdf's but the lose format in the conversion
process.

Thanks in advance

Dean
0
DeanKnox (1)

Is there a cell format for HEX numbers?
Hello. Is there a way to format cells for HEX numbers? I currently have to format them as text. I would like to be able to automatically increment in HEX, as I can with general numbers or dates. Is this possible without writing a macro? Betty wrote: >Hello. > >Is there a way to format cells for HEX numbers? I currently have to format >them as text. I would like to be able to automatically increment in HEX, as I >can with general numbers or dates. Is this possible without writing a macro? > > To display a decimal number as hex use: [ ] = DEC2HEX(A1,n) If it...

Data Migration Failed
I got this error DOC 1 ERROR: A remove operation on table 'SY_Batch_Activity_MSTR' failed because the record couldn't be locked. Integration Failed ..... Please give me an advice how to solve this erorr. Thanks. -- Gee I already fine my solution. It is because of security excess on alternate window modification. -- Gee "Gee" wrote: > I got this error DOC 1 ERROR: A remove operation on table > 'SY_Batch_Activity_MSTR' failed because the record couldn't be locked. > Integration Failed > .... > > Please give me an advice how to solv...

Weight loss line chart to monitor weight loss progress
Does anyone know how I can set up a database to log my weight loss and then create a line chart based on that information so I can see how well i'm doing?? 12 and a half pound so far in 6 weeks....i'm so pleased and would like to see it in the form of a graph... Please help You could look at it in terms of % loss or BMI. or actual loss. It's up to you. What do need to know? "S Fox" <S Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98DCE8CD-2FF0-4C15-8376-5D34E278524A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how I can set up a database to log my weigh...

gzip encoded data
I am writing a dedicated web browsing client and have mostly used the MFC wrappers around WinInet for this purpose. However, I am having problems handling gzip encoded data. I understand that URL Moniker normally handles this, and URLMon sits somewhere above both WinInet and the MFC Wrappers. Does anyone know a reliable way to decode such gzip encoded data from the WinInet level. I have tried linking with zlib and used various zipstream classes but I cannot seem to get them to decode correctly. Any advice/info very much appreciated. -- Paul Aitman We finally just broke down and boug...

Loss of functionality
I installed a copy of Office 2000 pro on my new machine and I did all the updates for it and lost some email functionality. On the old machine, same version of office 9.0.0.6627 SP-3, I was able to set email properties in the contact window, for ex. Display Name, email address, and email type. On the new machine I am not able to same version 9.0.0.6627 SP-3. Is there something wrong or something I am missing. Is there an update someone knows about that i dont? How about an add-on, i tried several? ...

Exchange 2003 truncating SMTP data #2
Hello: I posted a message about this a while back and was not able to find a solution. We are running Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2, and have discovered a problem where if a message has a single dot "." by itself on a line, the message is truncated at that dot. This only happens for outgoing messages from our Exchange server to other outside servers via SMTP. Internal messages and incoming messages are fine and don't have this problem. I believe this has something to do with the SMTP end of data character being a dot ".", but we haven't been able to figure out w...

Chart Formats Change When Copied or Reopened
With Excel 2007, for some X-Y Scatter Plot charts, some marker colors, number formats will unwantedly change when I paste (regular paste and paste enhanced-metafile) the chart into Word or PowerPoint. Also, if I save, close and then reopen the file, the formats will unwantedly change then too. ...

data loss between workstations
In an XP home peer-peer net. when computer 'c' changes an excel doc., that resides on comp. 'a',then saves and closes the changes arn't always seen on 'b' when they open the doc. later. this is intermittant. Help?! thanks "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:038901c3ae31$031f4f80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > In an XP home peer-peer net. when computer 'c' changes an > excel doc., that resides on comp. 'a',then saves and closes > the changes arn't always seen on 'b' when they open the >...

Loss of Data Label Format
Hi, I have tried adding data labels to a bar chart and rotating them vertically, whilst changinging the number type and format. I then email these to another user and the graph loses format. How can I prevent this? I have tried converting them to .pdf's but the lose format in the conversion process. Thanks in advance Dean ...

Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet
I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to access from other sheets. The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from other sheets. I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it original form: Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc. (accross the row) I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each sheet but I am having immense problems getting there. If you can help. Parker Jo...

Microsoft Outlook Missing Data
I opened outlook and all of my data was gone.My Calender and address book was empty.I tried to restore the computer to the day before and it would not restore. HELP !!!!!!!!!! ...

Newest Data...
Hello all, Cell B4 has the formula ($B$2*B5) B5 to B455 are going to be filled with data usually daily but sometimes more than once a day. How can I make the formula in B4 say multiply B2 by whichever cell is the last one with data... and as i add data in the next cell, the formula calculates based on new cell?? I hope I asked this question clearly. Thank you, Shhhh Shhhh Try this =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(MAX($B$5:$B$6553),$B$5:$B$65536)+4,COLUMN()))*B2 Regards Peter "Shhhh" wrote: > Hello all, > > Cell B4 has the formula ($B$2*B5) > > B5 to B455 are g...

HTML format
I am using POP yahoo and sending an email from my Outlook2003 to my hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo account in HTML format. When I receive the email at my hotmail/gmail/yahoo and view that email in browser I can see that each line has one or two extra line breaks. I diid not compose the email like that. When I want to make a paragraph I just enter "Enter Key" twice. But when I receive there are 4 or more line breaks after each paragraph. Is there some setting in outlook that I need to pay attention. Why the format are not retained. Thanks "abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote i...

Line graph w/ recent data
I have a 2 column ss. One column is a date and time stamp, the other is a number value. I want a Line graph that automatically plots the 20 (or whatever) most-recent entries as soon as the entry is made. Can this be done? Thanks. If it's date and time, you should make an XY chart. You can make a dynamic chart of the last N values: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "bflorox" <bflorox@discussions.microsof...

Searching data in a column via Input Box
Hello I am new to Excel VBA and think I have thrown myself into the deep end by trying to produce an advanced spreadsheet. What I am trying to do is have a button on my spreadsheet that when clicked opens up an Input Box, the user can input some data and then it searches a column for the matching input. For Example Input Box > "Hello" I would like it to then search column A1:A20 for the Word Hello. Once found just leave the cell selected and a message box saying the word has been found. If anyone could do this for me I would be very greatful I have tried now for 2 days a...

Insert/Update tables in a database with relational data from an XML file
Hi, Could anybody just point me in a direction where I can find information on how the heck I can update a database with relational data from an XML file. I use stored procedures to insert the data. And I am NOT storing the xml in the database. I want to map the xml elements to the database columns. I am about to start peeling my skin off in frustration about this. There are loads of info how to update using SetParentRow with ONE parent row and ONE child row like this: Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("DataSource... ") conn.Open()...

error in the report when no data
Hi, I was wondering if I can get some help with Access report question. In an Access report, There is a number of headers namely Agenda Header, Task Header and SubTask Header. I got error in the report when SubTask is empty or no value. What I would like to be able to do is to be able to generate a report without errors even when SubTask has no record or data. Wonder if anyone might want to help me work around this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance We can't see your data, your control sources, the report section, or your error message. You might ...

loss of Pub2000
When I reinstalled Windows XP last week I found I could no longer open my MSPub2000, although it is still on my hard drive. When I click on its icon it says "Low memory or out of hard disk space," or words to that effect. I tried reinstalling Office Pro 2000 today but there was no effect on MSPub2000; I don't even know if it is part of Office Pro 2000 or not; it must be, because I don't have separate installation disks for MSPub2000. Do I have to remove something from my registry (as I had to do to restore my att internet connection after XP was reinstalled) or is t...

totaling and organizing data
I have a list of ID numbers with a name and a birthdate assigned to each number. There may be several instances of each ID number/name/date row--that is, the same ID number/name/birthdate may appear several times. The rows are different in that each ID number/name/birthdate has it's own "occurance" date--i.e. there are ten of the same ID numbers, each with the same names and birthdates, but with different occurance dates. I need to sort the occurance date as either being before or after a certain date. Then I need totals of rows for eitehr before or after the certain d...

xy chart labeler, label length
Hi, I am using this wonderful tool called "xy chart labeler". However, I would like to increase the length of the labels that I have defined. Is this possible? Unfortunately, I cannot make the textbox larger that contains the label. Thanks. Raoul Those data labels are not true textboxes (nor are chart and axis titles). You cannot resize them aside from changing the font size, and only Excel decides where to wrap the lines. The workaround is to use real textboxes instead of data labels. Unfortunately these are not integrated into a chart as smoothly as a data label, and a...

Write to table then read data
On a form I have a command button with the following code. When clicked it copies the current forms data to a table and opens a form which has that copied data. First time thru it works fine, but when the record is edited and this button is clicked the data is not updated. I realise every time the buoon is clicked it writes new data to the table but how can I make it pull the most current data from the table? I don't want to over write the data in the table.. Do I need to give more information?? Suggestions?? stDocName = "frmLetterVals" lICCNNO = Me!ICNNo lID = Nz(DMax...

Loss of Batches
I have a customer who reported that when he did his End of Day Z report that half of his data was missing i.e., his total no. of cheques showing were 1 at £247.06 when it should have been 3 at £247.06, £62.84 and £47.97 = £357.87 -- his Cash total and Credit Card totals were the wrong too!! It appears that only half of the days data has been recorded. My question is therefore -- Is the batch info only stored in a Temporary folder or area of Memory and is not saved until the Batch is Closed and if so is it possible that if they have had a power cut that the data ...

Combine Email Data
I have two computers. I use Outlook on each. I Use one email account. I would like to be able to somehow be able to keep the two accounts synchronized with each other. I have tried several variations of Importing the PST file, but when I do so it seems to set up a new personal folder. Ideally I would like it to combine the current data with the items I import and neatly sort it all into it's respective folders. I have tried, "dont import duplicates" and "replace duplicates" and havent been able to get my desired result. Any assistance is sincerely appreci...

RMS label printing on continous label printer
According to Customersource, the built in label printing in RMS is set up for Avery labels only. But in the label wizard I see Barcode Blaster labels listed there. Those look like they might be for a continuous label printer. Has anyone been able to print labels from RMS with a continous label printer? And if so, what make/model are you using? Thanks, Scott Emick On Sep 15, 11:05=A0am, Scott <scott.em...@gmail.com> wrote: > According to Customersource, the built in label printing in RMS is set > up for Avery labels only. =A0But in the label wizard I see Barcode ...

Importing data into money
I recently purchased Money to replace, hopefully, a DOS- based system I wrote myself. I have years of transactional data which I want to incorporate and which I can convert to almost any format (including any MS Office format) for import into Money. It appears this can't be done, unless I can get it into Quicken format. But if I get it into Quicken, why do I need Money? Am I missing something? If not, I have a brand new Money for sale cheap. Lew Shepley In microsoft.public.money, Lew Shepley wrote: >I recently purchased Money to replace, hopefully, a DOS- >based system...