location of chart

The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not?
0
bludik (1)

will need more information to even have a guess.

"bludik" wrote:

> The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not?
0
BJ (832)
5/23/2005 5:15:49 PM
Is the sheet/workbook structure protected?

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <9A832669-4C00-40CE-A265-E4A9772CF20B@microsoft.com>,
bludik@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not?

No.
I am interested in when the option will not be available. There must be
rules about this. I am lecturing at a university and the occurrence of this
is causing me head-aches.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> Is the sheet/workbook structure protected?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <9A832669-4C00-40CE-A265-E4A9772CF20B@microsoft.com>,
> bludik@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not?

0
blud (1)
5/24/2005 7:00:02 AM
Well, given the amount of information you are willing to share, I am
sure you will figure it out for yourself.

--

In article <ACB4D06F-159E-4FF5-A7B9-F5587ECB85A3@microsoft.com>,
blud@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> No.
> I am interested in when the option will not be available. There must be
> rules about this. I am lecturing at a university and the occurrence of this
> is causing me head-aches.
>
> "Tushar Mehta" wrote:
>
> > Is the sheet/workbook structure protected?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Tushar Mehta
> > www.tushar-mehta.com
> > Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> > Custom MS Office productivity solutions
> >
> > In article <9A832669-4C00-40CE-A265-E4A9772CF20B@microsoft.com>,
> > bludik@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > > The option to have the chart on the same sheet is not available. Why not?

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

charting hidden data?
hello, i just noticed that when i hide my datat table, my charts go blank. is this normal? if so, is there any way to chart hidden data? thanks for the help. mike 1. Select the chart 2. Choose Tools>Options, Chart tab 3. Remove the check mark from 'Plot visible cells only' 4. Click OK mikelee101 wrote: > hello, > i just noticed that when i hide my datat table, my charts > go blank. is this normal? if so, is there any way to > chart hidden data? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html thank you. i figu...

Date Formats in Charts with Web Preview
Hi, I have a chart in Excel 2003 (11.5612.5703) which has dates along the X-axis in the European format (DD/MM/YYYY). I wanted to get a gif of the graph, so I used the Web Preview function to get a gif in IE. In the generated gif, the dates along the X-axis are in the US format (MM/DD/YYYY). My PC's default regional settings are European, so it's not that. Is this a bug (if so, how do I report it?), or am I missing a setting? Thanks in advance Richard ...

Line Chart #11
I have created a line chart that has data that goes from 82-104. It is over a 3 year period so I have 3 lines on the chart. I need to put a horizontal line across the chart at 94 to show a baseline and when the lines have dipped below this value. Is there a way to add this line. I am using Excel 07. Thanks in advance. Simply create another series of data with values of 94. You could format the text white so that you don't see these cells then. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "P. Zicari" wrote: > I have create...

Fund Raising Chart
Does anyone know of a way to create a fund raising chart in Excel? I'm looking for something like a temperature chart. I want it to be interactive so when i update the excel spreadsheet it will update the chart. Any ideas? Sharon I have just put up an EXCEL 2007 example for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 25 at the top of the page. If you change any of the numbers in column B the chart will update automatically. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "samiauthor" wrote: > Does anyone know of a way t...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Unable to enter chart/axis titles
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Everytime I try to enter a chart title or axis titles in excel using the formatting palette, Excel crashes. I am unable to label anything without the whole program going down. Is there a patch or something I can download? Missing updates are quite probably at the root of the problem. Launch Help> Check for Updates from any of the Office apps & apply everything offered. Make certain that OS X is fully updated as well & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions afterward. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Offic...

How do I change an org chart shape after using the provided stenci
Hello, After running the Visio Org Chart stencil (wizard), I can't seem to change shapes. For example, changing a 'manager' shape from a rectangle to a circle. I would like to be able to select multiple existing shapes (rectangles) and change them all to circles, while retaining the connections between them. Any help would be much appreciated. -- JG You can only change easily between the pre-defined shapes and themes. Any more drastic changes would require you to edit the Master(s) "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7643AB4B-763B-...

Chart Coloring
I need a way to select the color for the bars in a bar chart befor the creation of the chart. I know how to select the colors once the chart is created, is there a way to automatically change the chart colors? You can change the default colours Excel uses for chart fills and lines respectively, in Tools/Options/Color. The colours from left to right are the ones Excel picks for your data series in order of selection. Select the colour to be changed and click Modify... The rest is evident I gather. In the same pane you can also import colours from another workbook (e.g., your company...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

Add source data to an existing chart?
Hello! I am building a chart to display, by date, data in columns G (breakfast), D (lunch), and J (dinner). I can get the chart with dates along one axis and column G along the other, but how do I add the data from D and J to create a stacked bar, to show for each day how each of the three columns compare and give a daily total for all three meals? :confused: THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! :) -- navychef ------------------------------------------------------------------------ navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29457 View this threa...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Pivot Chart Help!
I have an Excel Pivot Table which is showing the average spending on the Canadian provinces by the fiscal year. The Fiscal Year is on the row area and the Province is on the column area and the average spending is a calculated field from the sum of spending divide by the population of a given fiscal year. At the bottom of the pivot table it show the "Grand Average" spending of all fiscal years for a given province. I use this Pivot table to create a Pivot Chart with the fiscal year on the x-axis and the avg spending on the y-axis. Diff color of line for each province is plotted on th...

what other charting software exists?
I am frustrated with Excel's limited charting ability. To produce many effects, you must fragment your data and trick Excel with it, and to my mind this makes the data table confusing to anyone who might look at it apart from the creator, and also essentially eliminates the ability to change data in the table and see the change immediately on the chart. I understand other software may be used for charting, but I haven't been able to find anything on Google because apparently the word "charting" usually refers to the charting of stocks, so all the pages I find refer to softwa...

Bar chart
All Excel versions I know are very good at making bar charts (I mean those charts in which the bars are horizontal). But the problem is that the X-axis is at the bottom, and items for the Y-axis are placed in reverse order as desirable (for example, first item in the series is placed at the bottom -close to the X-axis, last item in the series is placed first from the top -far from the X-axis). I don't know if I'm making myself clear, posting a picture would be more easier but it's impossible. Anyway, my question: Is there any way to: 1-Place the X-axis at the top. 2- Avoid...

How do I place the colums for a chart into the chart?
I am trying to insert some colums into a microsoft word chart can anyone tell me how to get my colums to appear? If you have created the chart in word and added the data to the data sheet, all you need to do is right click on the chart and then click on datasheet. If you have inserted the chart from excel then it will depend on how you inserted the chart - paste or paste special -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Wendy" wrote: > I am trying to insert some colums into a microsoft ...

Charting help...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C7E508.F10CDE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Using the below data, can a simple horz. bar graph be made up? If so, = how? I'm trying to teach myself charts, but the blind cannot lead the = blind... Born Died =20 Me 2000 =20 Father 1950 1990 =20 GF 1900 1965 =20 GGF 1850 1935 =20 GGGF 1800 1902 =20 =20 --=20 Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the=20 rest to God. --...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Updating Chart fails
Hello everybody, I have problems updating charts in Excel when using VisualBasic to calculate values. I calculate values with a self-written function "func". My sheet looks like this: x y 1 =func(a2) 2 =func(a3) 3 =func(a4) This function "func" depends on some variables that I set in a sheet. If I change on of this variables, I have to do a "Application.CalculateFullRebuild" to get "y"-values updated. All fine. But now I have a chart that plots this x-y data. This graph is not updated by "Application.CalculateFullRebuild". It only updates ...

Alternate axis at top of chart
i have a number of X-Y scatter plots where I need to have either only an alternate abscissa axis at top of chart or alternate ordinate on right and abscissa on top. I can easily do the alternate ordinate but can't find a way to do the alternate abscissa. How do I do it. the only option I see at moment is to redraw graphs in Visio and then add the axises. I prefer to use Excel XP but can use 07 if need be. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! What you need are secondary axes, and you need multiple series in order to get secondary axes. Right click one of the series, choose Forma...

org chart
As I move down the chart the print in the higher boxes shrinks. Any idea how I can stop this? If you are using XP or 2003 you can quickly fix the problem when the chart is complete. Select the top box. Choose Select|Branch from the Toolbar, set the Font size you want. Resizing the diagram might help, too tj ...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Charting help!
Hello all, I am trying to make a line chart with time intervals on the bottom of the chart. after i select the data range it shows me the chart with the correct values and line drawn, however on the bottom of the graph the dates are all wrong. i have edited the dates and got them to be the correct times, but now i dont have my line graph or values they have dissapeared. can someone please help! thanks -- Dezos112 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dezos112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33460 View t...

Line Chart #10
I have a table that includes monthly values for several years (January - December). I am making a line chart that will plot these values. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to include cells in "Source Data" of the chart but not to have them plotted unless tehre is a value in there. Currently it plots August 2008, but then shows a sharp drop for September 2008 and then flat line from there through December 2008. I am trying not to have to update the "Source Data" every time I add a value for the next month... You need a dynamic chart: http://peltiertech.com...