Linking Chart items to files

Anyone got a clue on how to link
each stacked bar(or similar) to a different
file, so when someone views the file, he can
click on the bar, to get a relevant document
on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever).
Any suggestions?

0
KtM (5)

You can write event procedures that determine which point was clicked.
Within the procedure you need some kind of lookup to see what document
should be launched according to the point which was clicked.

Here's an article on chart events:

   http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

KtM wrote:

> Anyone got a clue on how to link
> each stacked bar(or similar) to a different
> file, so when someone views the file, he can
> click on the bar, to get a relevant document
> on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever).
> Any suggestions?

Thank you, looks just like the thing I was looking for.
0
KtM (5)

share permissions get added to file permissions
Hi, Has the "best practices" for share permissions been chaged after all these years? As of my Windows 2000 certification I have been taught that the proper way to set permissions for the users on a server is to have the permissions set at the filesystem level and not at the share. Share permissions should simply be set to everyone (or all users) FC unless there is a good reason to do so otherwise. And let me tell you as an admin I have had only negative experiences when I've set the share permisions to a lowel level. It's a pain to finaly trace the problem why...

Calendar Control and Dynamic Chart
Using Excel 2007, is it possible to use the Access Calendar Control to change dates on a dynamic chart ? If so, how ? Currently, I'm using two ActiveX slider controls linked to cells to define a start and end date for the dynamic chart. Exceluser Figured it out. Had to download the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control from the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297381 Exceluser ...

Chart and Zeros
This is the issue: Let say I have : ColumnA ColumnB 1 234 2 432 3 -8 4 0... 5 0... ... ..0.. ... ..0.. 300 0... I'm doing a linear graph and I want as "x-value" Column A, and "y-value" Column B. But I do not want the zeros to appear in the graph. week by week the zeros will change as days pass until reach 300. automatically. Is there any way to set the graph up to take just number greater and lesser ...

Charts/years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to make a line chart that shows the number of dance notation systems invented each year between 1495 and 2009. For years at a stretch there are none. Some years there are 1 or 2 of any given type and never more than 4 a year in total. There are 6 different categories of notation system. So, in my data I have columns for each of the notation categories and a row for each year of invention. BUT, I cannot get Excel to accept these dates as just years - it keeps wanting to alter them to month and year. Is there a way aro...

Excel .tmp files
I am not being allowed to "save as" over an old file, .tmp files are then created in the folder. Whatm is the problem. The error message says it is read only, but it is not. I've never seen excel try to save over a file when it was readonly. It gives a warning and shows the SaveAs dialog. Are you sure the message was that the file was readonly? Just some info: When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name--but I've never seen it use a .tmp extension. If the save is successful, xl will delete the original and if that's successful, xl...

.pst File Problems #2
I have a couple of personal folders that point to .pst files that no longer exist, is there a way to get rid of these references. They don't appear in the "Outlook Data Files" window. Jay You can either recreate your mail profile by going to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... Or search for the references to these files in the registry (make a backup first of that regkey!) [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Wh...

Format issues when saving file from .docx to doc
I am having formatting issues when saving a file into a previous version of Word. The oriiginal document was created with the 2007 version and when I "save as" 97-2003 version, it seems to lose the orignal format. It actually puts the page number onto the next page but not at the top like you would assume...it pushes it between text. Almost like the page margins at the bottom are increased. I have tried to delete and cut and then paste but it has changed the page size...or so it seems. I hope this makes sense Why bother? There is compatibility pack for users of pre...

Problems converting Money 98 File to Money 2004
I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. My only recourse is to kill 2004 in task manager. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, evvb wrote: >I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file >on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. >It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. >My ...

Creating a COM object out of TLB file within an MFC Extension DLL
Hi, I am trying to create a global(!) com object (from an Automation Server) using it's olb (type library) file only. My project is an MFC extension DLL (!). I tried many ways but the DLL crashed giving me these kind of errors: "First-chance exception in SUA_Test.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception." I am trying to create a WRQ Reflection object, but I guess the problem is conceptual. Here is my code fragment (look for the "crash" comment): **************************************************** #include "stdafx.h" #include <afxd...

Linking data from cells into word doc in 2003
When I open a word document, that has links to the excel app I am opening it from, it prompts me with a question if I wish to update links. I have the option already check marked in Word so that it will update links automatically upon opening, and I did the same thing in excel, but it still prompts for an answer. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what do you do to fix it. This is destroying our automation at work where the hyperlink is triggered to open the word doc, the word doc updates, prints, saves and closes before going on to the next hyperlink. ...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

How to carry over conditional format colors to a chart
I have a speadsheet where I have conditinally formatted the hours of overtime into red, yellow and green. I want to make the spreadsheet into a chart that carries over the conditinal format colors and puts them in the chart. I have the employees names in the X axis and the hours worked in the Y axis. Is it possible to do this? Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Tim A wrote: > I have a speadsheet where I have conditinally formatted the hours of overtime > into red, yellow and ...

error opening excel file #2
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb Hi jp- Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas. 1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Pe...

File Properties
Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) through using a macro? Thanks, Andrew activeworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("title") = "Test book" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3986D848-BF81-4120-A878-D9B3E80E1A1D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File > Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) thr...

Access project image files
I have a sql2000 database with a Access 2003 project front end that I am trying to update to a vb.net front end application. In the access data project, word documents were inserted into the database as "image" files. Does anyone know how to open these in .net? I received a request in vb.net2008 to import a reference to "Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Images.ImageControl" but can find nothing about this anywhere. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. I suspect you'd be better off asking in a newsgroup related to .Net. By the way, if you feel you need to post to mor...

How can i print a chart in excel on more than one sheet of paper

File Open Dialog Problem
Hello Dears, I am using WINCE 5 with SMDK2442. My problem is I am developing an application that i replace with explorer in common.reg to start on startup. When i Build the NK and burn it works fine. But problem is when i try to open file using Open File Dialog the dialog does not appears. I included shell into the NK and when i put explorer.exe as startup application its works fine and all file dialogs apears fine. But when i replace explorer with my startup.exe it does not display Open File Dialog. So please help me. thanks in advance Regards Nomi -- Nomi Message po...

Quick primer for charts in XL2007, please?
(Very sorry for the double-post to two NG - I forgot about this NG until after I posted to the other!) I'm trying to re-create a chart I had in XL2003, but in XL2007 the dialog boxes have changed just a bit and I'm lost! I have four trailers that accumulate miles, and I need to chart the number of failures for tires and shocks on both the left and right side of each trailer. So I have named ranges: Miles_A, _B, _C, and _D, LTires_A etc, RTires_A etc, LShocks_A etc and RShocks_A etc. I want Miles across the bottom, and the number of failures per item on the vertical axis. Insert &g...

Im wanting to down load a file where i can go in and make my own .
Im wanting to know what file i can download so i can make my own business cards There are a multitude of templates within Publisher. Always post what version you are using. Hey David, missed you... Everyone said you abandoned us to go to Serif. How are things down under? I hear the Aussie PM is still on Bush's side... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message news:OVYylLGqEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > There are a multitude of templates wit...

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

I cannot view all of my song files from my mp3 in WMP 11
I cannot view all of my song files from my mp3 device. My computer recognizes the device, I can sync to it just fine, but there are duplicates of songs I want to erase, but WMP won't let me recognize them. My mp3 displays 1. Artist 2. Album 3. Song i. e. Depeche Mode Music For The Masses Strangelove I want to erase the song i.e. Depeche Mode Unknown Music For The Masses Are there options to view all files. I cannot seem to view unknown artists or unknown albums. I want to be able to do this to remove mistakenly mislabeled songs. Anybody have any id...

comb box item order
HI there, One of my comb box is based on one column of a table and the column is sorted, by when it is displayed, it is in opposite order. Could you figure it out. clara thanks you very mcuh -- thank you so much for your help In form design view, click the combo box to select it, then click View > Properties. Click the Data tab, click Row Source, and click the three dots. In the query design grid that appears, select Ascending in the Sort row under the field by which you wish to sort. The primary sort order field needs to be to the left of any other sort order field in the qu...

customise y axis on clustered bar chart
How can i change the value of y axis on a clustered bar chart t? If you're wanting a custom label/scale, you might want to check out Jon Peltier's article: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/custom-axis-y-1-2-4-8-16/ OR http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#AxisScales -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "alavia" wrote: > How can i change the value of y axis on a clustered bar chart t? ...

Merge two excel files
I have two excel files with the same cell layout. Some of the entries in the first file are identical to the second file. How do I merge the two files so that the resulting file has no duplicates? Thanks in advance. Tom -- So long and thanks for all the fish! Tom, Copy the entries from the second file into the first, below the other entries (don't copy the header row). Then save the file under a new name. I'm going to assume that your data starts in cell A2, with headers in row 1, and extends down the page. In a column to the right of the data table, enter a formul...

Bar chart with
I have the following problem: I have 15 cities for which I have two data values for 4 dates (example: Vienna 1950: 10 90 1960: 50 50 1980: 20 80 1990: 60 40) How to show them in a bar chart so that each city is in x- axis and all for dates appear on y axis so that two values are showed as 100 % stacked columns? Many thanks in advance! Marjo - Do the columns with 10 and 90 have names? Then put the names into the cells above the numbers, and keep the cell above the dates blank. A B 1950 10 90 1960 50 5...