Linking Chart items to files

Anyone got a clue on how to link
each stacked bar(or similar) to a different
file, so when someone views the file, he can
click on the bar, to get a relevant document
on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever).
Any suggestions?

0
KtM (5)

You can write event procedures that determine which point was clicked.
Within the procedure you need some kind of lookup to see what document
should be launched according to the point which was clicked.

Here's an article on chart events:

   http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

KtM wrote:

> Anyone got a clue on how to link
> each stacked bar(or similar) to a different
> file, so when someone views the file, he can
> click on the bar, to get a relevant document
> on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever).
> Any suggestions?

Thank you, looks just like the thing I was looking for.
0
KtM (5)

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Adding second y-axis to OLAP pivot chart
I would like to have a chart with the following: X-axis: Week of Y-axis: Lines of Code(LOC) Second Y-axis: # of Defects When I try to add the second axis, the option is disabled. How do I create the chart using a pivot table to have two different series, in order to create a second axis, I believe this is the main problem. When I select the column for a second axis it selects all data. What am I doing wrong here? Which type of chart should I use? Right now it's a stacked column chart, but the columns are side by side and I want them as one column with two colors, then two axis. Is this p...

Opening xls files in word
When I open an excel file it opens in word. If I open Excel and then open the file it opens properly. How do I change the default to open all excel files in excel? Rich Rich, Open up Windows Explorer, click the 'Tools' toolbar and then 'Folder Options...'. Click the 'File Types' tab, and scroll down to find the XLS file extension. Highlight "XLS" - I think it will say that it's set to open with Microsoft Word. If so, click the 'Change' button and set it to open with Microsoft Ex...

how do i copy a chart to another workbook
I just upgraded to Office 2007. In 2003 I was able to select move or copy on a chart and select copy and select another workbook, and copy the chart to that workbook. It doesn't work in 2007. What do I do? ...

Inactive items and sales history
If I make old items inactive, does that affect the sales history numbers or does it just hide those items hidden in the Item Look Up window? ...

CTreeCtrl/CTreeView with no items selected. Is it possible?
Hi, Is it possible to have a tree containing items without any of them selected? Thanks, Dan Yes. TreeView_Select() or TVM_SELECTITEM with hItem==NULL will make the treeview control have no selected item. Mark "dan" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to have a tree containing items without any of them selected? > > Thanks, > Dan > > > Mark Salsbery wrote (in news:2582F040-66C3-45EE-B13E-AC7C89604DFF@microsoft.com): > Yes. TreeView_Select() or TVM_SELECTITEM with hItem==NULL will make the > treeview control have no selected item. >...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Search for sent items
As the admin is there an easy way to access everyone's mailbox "sent items" for a specific email sent to a specific email address? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:895DF436-DEB4-4D79-BD6D-D404809EA26A@microsoft.com: > As the admin is there an easy way to access everyone's mailbox "sent > items" for a specific email sent to a specific email address? Not that I am aware of. This is sort of a needle in the haystack type of problem. Something like ontrack powercontrols may help, but it won't be cheap...

How do I import OE .dbx files into outlook?
Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important OE .dbx files. How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can access the content? Simon wrote: > Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important > OE .dbx files. > > How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can > access the content? Why do you no longer have OE on the old machine that crashed that we are to assume where you will reinstall the same version of Windows that before had OE? See http...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

Link To A Cell From Chart

Adding a control line to excel chart without showing up in the leg
How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, or data table? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. -- thanks tweaver On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, TWeaver <TWeaver@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or >line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, >or data table? Single-click twice on the legend entry for the control line, and ...

How do I change column into lines on a Line-Column chart?
I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any help would be useful. Thanks Hi Ken, Create a column chart based on all your data. Select the series that you want as line and right click it. Choose Chart Type and change it to Line. Now double click the new line so you can change the Axis value to secondary. Cheers Andy Ken wrote: > I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any > help would be useful. > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

OPENING FILE
I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AND CAN IT BE FIXED? find someone with xl2002 - this has a built in repair facility. You file has probably become corrupted. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy RUSS KING <WRCING2@AOL.COM> wrote in message news:03d201c36ab0$c7ba2780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR > OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY > HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AN...

links

Item Allocation Discrepancies
I am showing a discrepancy between an item's allocated quantity on the Item Quantities Maintenance screen, and the Bin Quantity Inquiry screen. On the Item Quantities Maintenance screen, the Allocated quantity is 2. If I click the "Allocated" hyperlink to view the documents causing the allocation, the information here matches (one sales order and one picklist each with a quantity of one). However, if I go to the Bin Quantity Inquiry screen for the item, the quantity allocated totals 8 pieces. Why would these quantities be different. We just ran checklinks and...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

sales tax chart
I know there must be a formula to figure this out easily, but I can't do it. I am trying to make a chart like the illustration without figuring every line. {$9.50-$10.05=$.96(tax).} I have the formulas worked out to $100, but I am needing to eliminate the exta lines one by one to create the x-x part. Isn't there someway to do this? Thanks! ...

Thank you microsoft.public.excel.charting
The following is an excerpt from the acknowledgments in my forthcoming book, Just Plain Data Analysis [the companion web page is here: http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/ "To prepare the tables and charts in this book, I acquired near mastery of the 2003 Microsoft Excel charting software and considerable experience with the 2007 version. Excel is much more powerful than a counter sorter, but the frustrations are the same. My masters in my quest to earn a black belt in Excel charting were the regular contributors to the microsoft.public.excel.charting newsgroup: Rob Bovey, Debra Dalgleish, Shane ...

Links

email links in Publisher pdf