Linking axes scale values to cells

For almost any type of chart the auto scale functions work fine.  For OHLC
stock charts however the auto scale always sets the minimum scale value to
zero.  If plotting a high priced stock, the chart is compressed into a small
area at the top of the chart rendering it useless.  If fixed values are used
they must be constently reset as the stock price changes in order to avoid
having the bars walk off the chart area. I can search the data with
MAX(range) and MIN(range) in order to pick out the upper and lower limits
dynamically.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO LINK THE AXES SCALE VALUES TO THE CELLS THAT CONTAIN THE
LIMITS???

I have been stumbling over this issue for a long time.

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Thanks.

Gene D P

0
genedp2 (1)

Hi,

Only way is with VBA coding.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Gene" <genedp2@verizon.net> wrote in message
> For almost any type of chart the auto scale functions work fine.  For OHLC
> stock charts however the auto scale always sets the minimum scale value to
> zero.  If plotting a high priced stock, the chart is compressed into a
> small area at the top of the chart rendering it useless.  If fixed values
> are used they must be constently reset as the stock price changes in order
> to avoid having the bars walk off the chart area. I can search the data
> with MAX(range) and MIN(range) in order to pick out the upper and lower
> limits dynamically.
>
> IS THERE ANY WAY TO LINK THE AXES SCALE VALUES TO THE CELLS THAT CONTAIN
> THE LIMITS???
>
> I have been stumbling over this issue for a long time.
>
> Any help will be greately appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gene D P

0
andy9699 (3616)

paste values to last row
Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one row to the last row on a worksheet? I used column A to find the last row of the worksheet and I pasted under that last row. Dim NextRow as long dim RowToCopy as range set rowtocopy = activecell.entirerow with worksheets("somesheetnameHere") Nextrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row + 1 rowtocopy.copy _ destination:=.cells(nextrow,"A") end with patojo wrote: > > Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one > row to the last row on a works...

Can't have a null value if another field has text.
I have tried a few different things to try and get this to work, but I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, I have a form with some text boxes linked to fields on a table, and I want one of two things to happen (the first one would be preferred, but if that's not possible, the second would be just as good): 1) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, move the text from Field 2 to Field 1 and change Field 2 to a Null value. 2) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, a message box pops up that essentially says "You can't do ...

Change link between form and subform

How can I get only visible cells using range.get_Value?
Hi All! I’ve a code on C# that reads the data from Excel’s spreadsheet. I use Excel.Worksheet.get_Range method to get a Excel.Range object like this: Excel.Range range = Worksheet.get_Range("A1", Missing.Value); After I got the range I read the data into a multi-dimensional array as following: Object[,] saRet; saRet = (System.Object[,])range.get_Value(Missing.Value); Everything works fine until I want to get only visible cells from the spreadsheet. So I use the code: range = range.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible, Missing.Value); When I try to invoke the range...

Lookup Ranges and return value
I have some data that looks like this... 1001399 John Doe 1001200 Bugs Bunny etc..... I have a range of data to return the department they work in... 10011000 10012999 EAG 10015000 10015999 GMS 10013024 10013036 PILM 10013000 10013015 PILM 10013048 10013060 PILM 10013300 10013599 PILM 10013100 10013100 PILM 10013122 10013122 PILM 10013600 10013621 PILM 10014612 10014612 Other 10014700 10014725 Other 10014000 10014199 PILM Normally I would use a sumproducts to return the deparment but they have 1000's of entry I would have to test. So I am trying to do some kind of lookup...

linking #4

Count unique values
Hi In my Excel worksheet there are two columns A & B. A contains the product codes and B contains the customer codes. How can I count the number of UNIQUE customer for a particular product? Both formula or pivot table would be fine. Col A Col B Pen Customer 1 Ruler Customer 1 Pen Customer 2 Ruler Customer 1 Pen Customer 1 Pen Customer 3 Thanks in advance! Try the below array formula. Apply formula using 'Ctrl+Shift+Enter' instead of 'Enter' =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF((B1:B10<>"")*(A1:A10="Pen"), MATCH(B1:B10,B...

Format Cell as True/False
OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. ~Lori Sounds like you are remembering Access database tables. Lori wrote: > OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a > cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. > > Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. > > ~Lori This is a multi-part message in MIME ...

match a subform field value to a field in a 2nd subform
I have a main form named user_Match. It has three subform containers: sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID. sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID. sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID. The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string. I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms. I wou...

Running total from an edited cell
I want to keep a running total of inventory as follows: On Hand This Shipment Quan Updated Part # 1 10 5 update this column on each new shipment Part # 2 15 10 Part # 3 20 30 I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each part# I am using Excel 2007 Please help ! See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <9104B5C3-CD46-460E-A939-C2B1EA736D42@microsoft.com>, MacPack2 <MacPack2@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Linked Forms

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Links not linking

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Copy-Paste Value based on user defined range
Hello, I am trying to create an option such that, the user can input a default value in one cell, enter a start year, and the number of years he wants to assign this value for. Ex. A B C 1 Value Start Year # of Years 2 500 2005 5 Apply 500 starting in 2005 for the next five years including 2005. I am working in Excel2000. Thanks for your help ...

Colour cells in Task pane.
Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? Highlight the cells you want to ad color to in your table then click on the little bucket at the top "Volcanic" wrote: > Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the > Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? > ...

Sumproduct but only first time corresponding value is seen e.g. un
Using XL03 Sample Data: Name Race Speed Avg Speed Track Month Joe 2:12 2:15 OFCF Jan Joe 2:28 2:15 ADL Feb Mary 2:14 2:07 ADL Jan Joe 2:15 2:15 ADL Feb etc I already have sumproducts in place to count how many participants raced in each month, how many at each track, etc. The last piece I need to add is the number of people for a given track on a given month, who had an /average/ time of over 2 minutes. But, I have repeat...

links

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Find cells that contain text
Hi, as part of a loop I am trying to find cells that contain a string and then copy some adjacent cells into another sheet. I can do the copy part no problem but I am struggling with finding the string, I am using the InStr command but not sure if I ma making this to complicated, this is code I am struggling with : If InStr(string, Cells(bb, 65)) = 1 Then With string being the string I am searching for and bb being the row number and part of the loop The formula will recognise a complete string, but not part of string i.e. String = abcd_ Cell contains abcd_ match and I ca...

Links