Line x=0

Hello,

How do I create a line through x=0 in a XY Scatterplot chart?  I can plot
(x, y) and y=0 but not x=0.  I am graphing linear inequalities and
identifying the feasible region for a mathmatics class.

Thanks for the help
0
JoeGabba (2)

Hi,

Sure that's not a Line graph (category X axis) instead of a XY scatter
(Value X axis)?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

 x	y1	y2	y3
-10	9.5	29	0
10	-0.5	-11	0

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sure that's not a Line graph (category X axis) instead of a XY scatter
> (Value X axis)?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Joe Gabba wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > How do I create a line through x=0 in a XY Scatterplot chart?  I can plot
> > (x, y) and y=0 but not x=0.  I am graphing linear inequalities and
> > identifying the feasible region for a mathmatics class.
> >
> > Thanks for the help
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
JoeGabba (2)
5/12/2006 12:45:01 AM
Joe  -

With the data arranged the way you have it on the worksheet, Excel
unfortunately assumes (when there are only two points) the data series are
in rows. But yours are in columns.

So, with some object of the chart selected, from the main menu choose Chart
| Source Data. On the Data Range tab, select Series in: Columns.

If that choice doesn't fix everything, use the Series tab to rearrange
existing X and Y values for a series, or add the other series.

Separate topic: I don't understand why you are using "smoothed lines." For
your example, with only two points, only a straight line is possible.

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Joe Gabba" <JoeGabba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, I used the XY scatter with data points connected by smoothed lines.  I
> did try with a line graph, but still can't figure out how to get a
> verticle
> line representing x=0.  My data points are below.  y3 is y=0.
>
> x y1 y2 y3
> -10 9.5 29 0
> 10 -0.5 -11 0
>

> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sure that's not a Line graph (category X axis) instead of a XY scatter
>> (Value X axis)?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> Joe Gabba wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > How do I create a line through x=0 in a XY Scatterplot chart?  I can
>> > plot
>> > (x, y) and y=0 but not x=0.  I am graphing linear inequalities and
>> > identifying the feasible region for a mathmatics class.
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info

0
mike5208 (300)
5/12/2006 3:39:02 AM
Confused.
A line with the coord pair of (-10,0)(10,0) will give you a horizontal line.
If you want a vertical line you will need a data set more like (0,-10)(0,10)

If you meant horizontal then as Mike pointed out your layout of data and
   heading is being misread by the chart wizard.
Assuming data in range A1:D3 just select the values, B1:D3 and plot the
data in Columns. You will then get 3 lines of 2 points with the y3
series running along the X axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

X=1 Help!!!
I have a spreadsheet where I have a cell (P1) NAMED "Free". In the following range ($P$2:$P$65536) - I will be using X, or x to indicate it's free of charge. I want this to be equal to 1. The formula that I am using is ----- =SUMPRODUCT('[MyRecord Log 2006.xls]Akron-06'!$P$2:$P$65536)--('[MyRecord Log 2006.xls]Akron-06'!$N$2:$N$65536>=--"2006-01-01")--('[MyRecord Log 2006.xls]Akron-06'!$N$2:$N$65536<=--"2006-01-06") The formual works but it is only counting the X,x as one regardless if I have many checked in that date range. ...

DGP 8.0--understanding the GL objects in Integration Manager
Hi. Can anyone provide a bit of an explanation as to the meaning of the GL objects in the Destination adapters (SQL Opt 8.0)? I need to create an integration using these objects, but I'm not a DGP user. I'd like to know what the fields are, which fields are required fields, and if there are any data relationships between the GL Account object fields and the GL Transaction object fields. -- Thanks! QT This is a fairly broad question. Too much to explain, and since you are not a GP user, you willhave qustion on that too. Please read the manual. HS -- www.DynExtra.com A res...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

XmlSerializerNamespaces not working the same in dotnet 2.0 as #2
Hi, I am having trouble serializing an object in dotnet 2.0. I am using theis method public static string Serialize(object o, string defaultNamespace) { //create empty namespace to prevent namespace output XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces(); ns.Add("", defaultNamespace); //create serializer XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(o.GetType()); using(StringWriter writer = new StringWriter()) { //use custom writer to prevent root 'xml' tag output XmlNoPrefixTextWriter xwriter = new XmlNoPrefixTextWriter(writer); xwriter.Formatting = Format...

rpc-https with macintosh os x
Are there any applications for Macintosh OS X that will connect to Exchange via rpc-https? I've read a little about Office 2004 and Entourage but it sounded like it was only partitally working at the moment. Thank you My understanding is that RPC over HTTP is only supported with Outlook 2003. Your best option would be OWA 2003 for the Mac. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Goober Head" <GooberHead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0D3095-2284-4F7C-843A-59D6E7602F51@microsoft.com... > Are there any ...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Users/Customers Email Format in CRM 3.0
Hello, When we email out to a customer, the email (to, from, cc, etc) is formatted as: lastname, firstname. Is there a way to change this format to be: firstname lastname? ...

Adding a line to the line/column chart?
Is there anyway I can add a second line to the line/column chart? Basically I have 3 sets of data that I want to plot vs. time on the same graph. 1 using the column format, the other 2 being lines connected by data points. Create the chart using all the data, right click on the one you want to change to a line and select chart type from the dialogue box and choose the type you want. There are a few restrictions on the mix you can have though. -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Steven"...

Can I link timeline labels to a line chart?
I've been trying to do this for a bit and can't seem to find a way. I am trying to do a line chart of weekly sales for two product lines over several years (2 separate lines). What I would like to do is overlay labels for press releases (so you can see if they have an impact on sales) on the same chart, and have a line from the name of the press release to the correct corresponding point on the line chart that is "active", so as more points are added to the chart, the line indicating the unit corresponding to the date of the press release will move also. Additionally, the...

fonts line by line
I'm doing line by line translation. How can I easily use different fonts for alternating lines? Assuming you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, so each line is a separate paragraph: Define two paragraph styles, one for each font.* In the definition of each style, specify the other style as the "style for following paragraph". *In case you don't know, to define a style, click Format > Styles and Formatting (Word 2003 and earlier) or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Word 2007) to open the Styles pane, then click the New Style button. -- Regards, Jay ...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

Write from one file to a specific line of another
I need to make Excel read a value from a specific cell (A3 for instance) in a specific file (Input file), read a group of cells on that file (for instance D5:G5) and write them in a specific row (that corresponds to the value in cell A3) on a different file (Database). It would be really helpfull if somebody could give me some help on that. Thanks in advance Savvo, Would you want to overwrite the values that are already there, or would you want to insert a blank row? Is the value in A3 a row number? Where to you want D5:G5 to go? D to G of Database? Or would you rather that the numbers j...

simple line graph
I am a church consultant, and I want to make a simple line graph to paste into my Powerpoint presentation, showing the rise and fall of our membership numbers, from nothing up to 11 million, and then down to 7 million. I don't know how to do that. Tom in Texas Why not just create the chart in PowerPoint? It uses the same tools, as does Excel. You don't give enough info regarding the data to be plotted for any specific direction, but if you have a look at either Word or PPT Help on the topic: Create a chart you shouldn't have any problem. HTH |:>) Bob Jones ...

MSXML3.0 in ASP.Net
Hi i AM USING VISUAL STUDIO.NET FOR MY ASP.NET PROGRAMS. I would like to access xml files using MSXML3.0 parser. Can any body tell me the syntax of "Import" statement to call this control in my program? Possible please give me MSXML3.0 reference URLs. Thx Ram Usually a .NET program uses the System.Xml assembly to process XML. Import System.Xml Dim doc as new XmlDocument doc.Load(Server.MapPath(filename)) and you're on your way. "ram" <ram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E772F61F-72A2-4811-88B2-70BEC2B8178C@microsoft.com... > ...