Line graph question

How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by
the first day of the month.
--
WH99
0

Hi,

If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have
problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be
January 0, 1900.  This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways.  If
your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is
put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is
0.  There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be
spaced equidistant apart on the x-axis, but that may work for you.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"WH99" wrote:

> How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by
> the first day of the month.
> --
> WH99
You could just place the day number into a range next to the dates, use this
as the X values, and create an XY chart. The X axis of the XY chart is a
value axis which you can format to start at 0.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"WH99" <WH99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed
> by
> the first day of the month.
> --
> WH99

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/26/2008 11:49:06 PM
Thanks Jon, I shall try that.
--
WH99

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You could just place the day number into a range next to the dates, use this
> as the X values, and create an XY chart. The X axis of the XY chart is a
> value axis which you can format to start at 0.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "WH99" <WH99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed
> > by
> > the first day of the month.
> > --
> > WH99

0
WH99 (4)

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

,pst question
I have not been able to locate a .pst file on my computer. I am aiming to backup all my Outlook info as well as transfer to a new computer in the new future. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you are using Windows 2000 or XP then you may have to show hidden files and folders as a pst is considered hidden. To turn this on go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab > check "Show Hidden Files and Folders" "rustic85" <...

Questions about MS Word
I did not find a MS Word newsgroup, so I hope you dont mind that I am asking the questions here. There are some default options I would like to change, but I am not sure how to do it. 1. The default Font type and Size. I would like everytime I opened a New document for the default font to be Ariel and the Size to be 10, how do I do this? 2. Also the Properties (file->properties) the Title and Author always gets filled in. How do I make it so that it stays blank unless I fill it in? 3. Also in the Properties...where does it get the Author info from? Currently its my full name, but I wo...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

help with a scatter graph of conditioned values
I'm a big newbie in matter of charting and vba...I hope somenone can help me....here is my problem I need to plot a XY scatter graph. X and Y data values are mutually dependents one each other and they change under an extra condition that I want to represent qith a macro control. Hmmmm...let's try to give you an example: first of all I need to define EXTRA CONDITIONS as follows name S A 1 B 1,15 C 1,20 D 1,25 E 1,35 ..... ..... My goal is to have a control in cell C1 that traduces "if 'name'=A then 'S'=1, if &...

Xsl question #3
I have an sample xml below. I want to do a distinct on the code node and the programDescription. I want the output to be like in a tree structure. So i would like to have PRG004 >Crazy Training 2> MAT01 PHS101 Any ideas it musn't be in a tree but it could be in a table structure Thanks <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="email.xsl"?> <NewDataSet> <ProgramDetail> <Code>PRG004</Code> <programDescription&g...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Synchronize Question
Is it true that unless you have a "Corporate or Workgroup" version of Outlook that a user can't sychronize with an Exchange server? tks, steve If you aren't using Outlook 2002 or 2003, or using prior versions in Corporate/Workgroup mode (note - this isn't a different version, just a different installation option, and you can change it), you can't connect to an Exchange server. If you want to change from Internet Only to C/W, get out your installation media, go to tools | options, find the Reconfigure Mail Support button, and click it. sjs wrote: > Is it true ...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Activities Question Urgent?
Hi, I have two questions reagarding MS-CRM activity, 1)Whenever users create a new activity, the activity type defaults to task. I want it to default to phone call. 2)When creating a phone call activity for a services user we want the activity direction default to "incoming call" insted of "outgoing call". Your help is highly regarding Thanking You Regards Sarah Hi Sarah, 1) When creating a new activity in CRM you have to select what type of activity you want unless you select it from your home page. Task is on the top of the list and I am unaware of any wayt to ch...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Adding a line to the line/column chart?
Is there anyway I can add a second line to the line/column chart? Basically I have 3 sets of data that I want to plot vs. time on the same graph. 1 using the column format, the other 2 being lines connected by data points. Create the chart using all the data, right click on the one you want to change to a line and select chart type from the dialogue box and choose the type you want. There are a few restrictions on the mix you can have though. -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Steven"...

Can I link timeline labels to a line chart?
I've been trying to do this for a bit and can't seem to find a way. I am trying to do a line chart of weekly sales for two product lines over several years (2 separate lines). What I would like to do is overlay labels for press releases (so you can see if they have an impact on sales) on the same chart, and have a line from the name of the press release to the correct corresponding point on the line chart that is "active", so as more points are added to the chart, the line indicating the unit corresponding to the date of the press release will move also. Additionally, the...

fonts line by line
I'm doing line by line translation. How can I easily use different fonts for alternating lines? Assuming you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, so each line is a separate paragraph: Define two paragraph styles, one for each font.* In the definition of each style, specify the other style as the "style for following paragraph". *In case you don't know, to define a style, click Format > Styles and Formatting (Word 2003 and earlier) or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Word 2007) to open the Styles pane, then click the New Style button. -- Regards, Jay ...

Question on saving a file.
Can you save a file in the same filename and still retain the earlier revisions? Someone accidently overwrote a file and should have kept the earler versions.Is there something in Excel that I can turn on so my main filename only changes with an extension, therefore keeping all my earlier revisions? i.e. 'filenameX'.xls1 'filenameX'.xls2 so everytime I save it to 'filenameX', Excel is adding a new revision number automatically so I don't loose revisions or accidentily wipe out good data. Help! Not that I am aware of. If you want to keep earlier ...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

Write from one file to a specific line of another
I need to make Excel read a value from a specific cell (A3 for instance) in a specific file (Input file), read a group of cells on that file (for instance D5:G5) and write them in a specific row (that corresponds to the value in cell A3) on a different file (Database). It would be really helpfull if somebody could give me some help on that. Thanks in advance Savvo, Would you want to overwrite the values that are already there, or would you want to insert a blank row? Is the value in A3 a row number? Where to you want D5:G5 to go? D to G of Database? Or would you rather that the numbers j...

column graphs
Hi How do I make a XY type column graph? I wish to add data to a column graph and have it plotted at the correct X interval Thanks Jo There's no easy way that I know of. One option is to create enough empty spaces (rows) to get the correct effect. So, to plot x values of 1, 5 and 20, put the values in row 1, 5 and 20, leaving the other rows empty. Put the corresponding y values in the same rows (1, 5, 20). Alternatively, create a XY Scatter chart and use a y error bar. Make it a 100% negative value bar. Format it for best effect, though about the best one can get is a thick line....