Line & Double Stacked Charts

Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get
the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it.
It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to
a value I want it at.

Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running
on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight
accross being the maximum machine capacity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0
K (139)

"K" wrote:

> Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get
> the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it.
> It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to
> a value I want it at.
>
> Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running
> on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight
> accross being the maximum machine capacity.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Okay got it.

Just had to change the Catergory X axis crosses at to my capacity level on
the scale by right clicking on format axis
> Thanks
0
K (139)

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Chart presentation #2
I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $10,000. how do I accomplish this presentation. Hi - click on the axis with the right mouse - choose 'Format axis' - Format the numbers with a custom format such as $#,, -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MJK" <MJK@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7EBF2706-8898-440F-B268-197C4586D189@microsoft.com... > I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to > something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $...

Showing the "total" value with a stacked BAR chart
Does anyone know how I can get excel to display the total in a stacked bar chart? I tried the solution that someone posted for a stacked column chart, but that doesn't seem to work with stacked bars. The third series, representing the total, just keeps plotting itself vertically while the other two series plot horizontally. The result, as you can imagine, is a mess and not what I was going for at all. Thanks, Anne Hi Anne You can add a third 'invisible' series with stacked bars as well a stacked columns, but to avoid the additional series orienting itsel horzontally...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Charting Ranges
I have some ranges I want to chart - There are only six values - They consist low ranges high ranges. The raw data is as follows: Room Temperature 1: Low Range: 32 High Range: 256 Room Temperature 2: Low Range: 2 High Range: 64 Room Temperature 3: Low Range: 0 High Range: 2 How can I chart this on one chart - I want the scale to be from 0 - 256 and just have 3 bars to show the different ranges. Every time I try to chart it using different charts, the lower values don't show much of a bar because the Room temperature 1 range is so high. How would I arrange this data? What cha...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Too Much Chart Data for Excel Col Limits
I have a user who wants to generate a chart from a really large set of data, too much to fit within the 256 columns available in Excel 2003. (No, transposing the data won't work either, there's too much in BOTH directions!) Can anybody suggest a way to handle that? I thought about dumping all the values into an array variable, but don't know a way to make that the data source for a chart. 1) Have you recalled that there is a 32,000 limit on the size of a data series? 2) Will the chart be readable even with 1,000 data points? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Exce...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Chart formatting #3
Is there a way to shade certain areas of a line graph? I have a simple line graph extending horizontally from point 1 to 10 on the x-axis. I would like to shade the entire background area of the graph from points 2-4 and points 6-8. Is there a way to make the graph apear that the background is grayed out between these points. Thanks Chris Chris - This has been sitting here a long time... Make a combo chart. Start by locking the Y axis scale parameters (uncheck the auto boxes). Add a series to your chart which has zero values where you want no shading and <Y axis max> where ...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

Size of plot area expands when Chart Title is deleted
Hi, I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting that would control that behavior. -- TIA Chuck M. If you have not manually adjusted the plot area size, Excel considers it the default size. This default size changes based on whether there are axis titles, a chart title, and a legend. Adding or removing any of these features causes the Excel to change the plot area, To prevent this behavior, change the ...

Conditional charts
Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart with 15 vertical bars and I want to change the color of one or more of the bars if its value goes above 100% (but not all of the bars). JWeinberg Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Jeff wrote: > Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the > cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart > wi...

gnatt chart in excel?!
Hi Im trying to create a schedule of classes in different locations. I would like to have them displayed in a “gnatt chart”, however im having difficulty trying to get the chart wizard to make it for me. The classes are scheduled at different dates, run for different lengths of time and are in different locations. There will also be classes in different locations at the same time. Is it possible to display this sort of data in a chart form in excel, and if it is, how do I do it? I can leave the start & finish times out, it is the dates and the class numbers that are the most im...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Adding a line to the line/column chart?
Is there anyway I can add a second line to the line/column chart? Basically I have 3 sets of data that I want to plot vs. time on the same graph. 1 using the column format, the other 2 being lines connected by data points. Create the chart using all the data, right click on the one you want to change to a line and select chart type from the dialogue box and choose the type you want. There are a few restrictions on the mix you can have though. -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Steven"...

Can I link timeline labels to a line chart?
I've been trying to do this for a bit and can't seem to find a way. I am trying to do a line chart of weekly sales for two product lines over several years (2 separate lines). What I would like to do is overlay labels for press releases (so you can see if they have an impact on sales) on the same chart, and have a line from the name of the press release to the correct corresponding point on the line chart that is "active", so as more points are added to the chart, the line indicating the unit corresponding to the date of the press release will move also. Additionally, the...

Double click
Ok here's a good one. I have four tables called:- Main Control (Main Form Data), Board Information (Details about Board Revision), Software Information (Software relating to the Board Revision) and SF Numbers (a table of incrementing numbers for ref to the software) On the Main Control subform i have the fields at the top from the Main Control Table, then two subforms from the Board and software tables. All are linked great and you can scroll and all the records change according to the main Design Number from the Main table. On the software subform at the bottom i have a field called SF...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

fonts line by line
I'm doing line by line translation. How can I easily use different fonts for alternating lines? Assuming you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, so each line is a separate paragraph: Define two paragraph styles, one for each font.* In the definition of each style, specify the other style as the "style for following paragraph". *In case you don't know, to define a style, click Format > Styles and Formatting (Word 2003 and earlier) or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Word 2007) to open the Styles pane, then click the New Style button. -- Regards, Jay ...