I want to create a line chart showing comparisons of heating and time. For
example one item is held @ 30deg for 10secs then 100degs for 30secs while the
comparison is plotted to show the difference. Help appreciated.

try x-y scatter chart data-columnwise.

Excelon_Ls <Excelon_Ls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a line chart showing comparisons of heating and time. For
> example one item is held @ 30deg for 10secs then 100degs for 30secs while
the
> comparison is plotted to show the difference. Help appreciated.

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Excel crashez every time i open a worksheet with formulas
I would apreciate your help, thank you. I have Windows Vista Businees x86, Microsoft Office Basic 2007. The problem first appeared when i reinstalled everything a few days ago. The steps i took are the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install Office -> start Office - > open worksheet(any worksheet) -> Office crashes I also tried the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install SP1 then SP2 -> install Office -> install updates(windows Update) -> all updates installed-> start Office - > open wo...

Editing a Chart Directly??
I seem to remember in an Excel version of the past that there was a way for me to edit a chart directly, not using the Chart Wizard or Options screen... I could highlight poritons of the chart and make changes, etc. But I can't seem to make that happen now. I have created a basic chart in Excel 2002 based on some financial data... I simply want to place a legend or have a note area to the right of it and have it say whatever I want to. Right now, the chart behaves kind of like a picture embedded in that i can't change individual aspects of it without that stupid chart wizard ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Using XML and ADO.Net for Database creation with the Compact Framework
Hey all Appologies for cross posting, but this post covers a few areas in one. I'm fairly new to XML and my ideas are over reaching my grasp (as well as possibly not fully understanding certain concepts). My basic questions are: 1. I want to create a database in SQLCE. I understand that a schema is used for validation purposes (I think) but if a schema was created describing a database table, could it be loaded with ADO.net and used to create the table in SQLCE (all this, of course, occurring on a PDA)? At this point, there would be no requirement for data. Or would it be bett...

Using IF statement in VBA
I am writing some VBA code. What I want to do is go through each row of a sheet and put a the formula =IF(R" & intRowNumber & " = "US", "D", "F"). Basically I want it to check each cell in Column R to see if it is US if it is put a D in if not put in an F. The code is below. Private Sub DorF() Dim intRowNumber As Integer Dim strCountry As String For intRowNumber = 2 To Rows.Count Range("brazil!W" & intRowNumber).Formula = ("=IF(R"& intRowNumber & " = "US", "D", "F")&...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Chart presentation #2
I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $10,000. how do I accomplish this presentation. Hi - click on the axis with the right mouse - choose 'Format axis' - Format the numbers with a custom format such as $#,, -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MJK" <MJK@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7EBF2706-8898-440F-B268-197C4586D189@microsoft.com... > I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to > something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Opportunity Pipeline Stage Time Stamp
I am interested in reporting how long an opportunity takes to close (number of days) as it moves through the sales pipeline. Ideally we would like to see the number of days between each pipeline phase. Then we can analyze how long opportunities stay at each phase. Has anyone done anything like this before? Hi Kenny, You could do simple jscript behind a checkbox that will do a timestamp when checked. When that phase is complete click the checkbox. Create a nvarchar field to store the timestamp. Calling this FIELD1 in code Create a bit field and under properties change it to checkbox. Call...

Insert "name" and "auto ID" into tables by using a form
I have a table: ID Name Nationality 101 Allen Taiwan 102 Sarah USA 103 Steve Japan ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I'd like to create a form with the following objects -- 2 textboxes (putting name and Nationality) -- a button (when i press it, it will insert values in the 2 textboxes into my database) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Big thanks in advance , experts ! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Actually, you don't need any code at a...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Displaying a negative time
Hi There I've created a time sheet in excel for my work. One of my colleagues however owes the organisation some hours. Sadly this is right at the beginning of the year so I am having a bit of a problme setting it up to display this. She owes the organisation 7hrs 45mins. I tried entering into the cell 30/12/1903 16:15:00 however this then just displays that entry and not -7:45:00 Is there any way I can get this to work? Cheers Colin Change to 1904 date system Tools>Options> Calculation>1904 date system HTH Bob "Colin Weir" <colin...

Charting Ranges
I have some ranges I want to chart - There are only six values - They consist low ranges high ranges. The raw data is as follows: Room Temperature 1: Low Range: 32 High Range: 256 Room Temperature 2: Low Range: 2 High Range: 64 Room Temperature 3: Low Range: 0 High Range: 2 How can I chart this on one chart - I want the scale to be from 0 - 256 and just have 3 bars to show the different ranges. Every time I try to chart it using different charts, the lower values don't show much of a bar because the Room temperature 1 range is so high. How would I arrange this data? What cha...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Too Much Chart Data for Excel Col Limits
I have a user who wants to generate a chart from a really large set of data, too much to fit within the 256 columns available in Excel 2003. (No, transposing the data won't work either, there's too much in BOTH directions!) Can anybody suggest a way to handle that? I thought about dumping all the values into an array variable, but don't know a way to make that the data source for a chart. 1) Have you recalled that there is a 32,000 limit on the size of a data series? 2) Will the chart be readable even with 1,000 data points? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Exce...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

how to modify integer values in an access db using ADO
hi, does anybody know how to modify integer values in an access database using ADO. It seems all data types can be modified except integers that throws exception. thanks, Behzad ...

Correlation
I have a table of data as below. There are more Customers, and more dates' worth of data, but they won't fit in this window. For a number of our customers, we change delivery routes during the week in order to optimize our shipping capacity. Basically, I am trying to see for each delivery route, on a given day, how many of the same customers are on the same route. In other words, when one customer changes from one route to another over a date range, do other customers switch to the same routes on the same days? Cust # Rt# 8/27/2005 8/29/2005 8/30/2005 8/31/2005 a 1069 ...

Can I use Excel to calculate VAT?
I'm a very new user of Office and have very little clue of whether or not such things are possible. Any help would be much appreciated. Exactly how you do it depends on your tax laws but these formulae should get you going. In each case I have assumed the starting data is in A1 and the VAT percentage is in B1 Calculate VAT to be added to a base price =ROUND(A1*B1/100,2) Calculate selling price from base price =ROUND(A1*(100+B1)/100,2) Calculate Base price from retail price =ROUND(A1*100/(100+B1),2) Depending on accounting rules you may need to use Roundup or Rounddown to get the ri...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

Setup project from my program using VS.NET.
I need to create a setup project for my MFC application. I have " a few dlls" that need to be in the same folder as my program . How can i create such a setup project with VS.NET? Thanks You can create a setup project by going to "File->New->Project" Under "Project Types" select "Setup and Deployment Projects" I hope this helps, Shagy "Bredal Jensen" <bredal@jensen.dk> wrote in message news:u$FeCc$mEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I need to create a setup project for my MFC application. I have " a fe...