I want to create a line chart showing comparisons of heating and time. For
example one item is held @ 30deg for 10secs then 100degs for 30secs while the
comparison is plotted to show the difference. Help appreciated.

try x-y scatter chart data-columnwise.

Excelon_Ls <Excelon_Ls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a line chart showing comparisons of heating and time. For
> example one item is held @ 30deg for 10secs then 100degs for 30secs while
the
> comparison is plotted to show the difference. Help appreciated.

how can i get a "Column
Under Chart type... there is a built-in category....i see that it has line-column on 2 axes..but i wanted to know if its possible to have it the other way around... that is: One column and 2 Lines showing on my graph. Help? please Those built-in custom charts are occasionally helpful, unless you want something different. Build the combination chart yourself. Create a line chart with all of your data, then select the series you want to display as columns, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and choose a column type for this selected series. If you want any series on the secondary axis, d...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Insert Cell Text Into Chart
I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Hi insert a textbox, select this textbox and enter the equation sign '='. Now select your cell on sheet 1 and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Karen wrote: > I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste > into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done > this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Thank you for your help - I'm sorry, maybe I didn't explain it ...

usual methods don't reset sheet's "used range"
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me reset excel's perception of the 'use range' I'm using b/c none of the usual tricks have worked (tho the have in the past). It's pretty much the identical problem to the on posted by R Avery in May, and I've tried all of the suggestions offere to him. But since he never wrote back to say what if anything worked I'm having to post this problem again (see his original post at http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=223255&goto=nextnewest). To explain, my dataset runs from A1 to CB603 but the scroll bar exten...

Subject Line Warning
Hi, I have a quick Outlook XP & 2003 question. I used to use Netscape Messenger as an email client and there you would be warned whenever you tried to send an email without a subject line. It would allow you to go back and add a subject line or to ignore it and continue. Is there a similar functionality in Outlook that can be activated? Kind regards Vyyk No - it's not built into Outlook. There are addins that will warn you or you can write some VBA. There may be code samples at outlookcode.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

Transparent Menu using MFC.
Hello friends, I need to make transparent controls and menus on mobile screens using MFC. If any body knows how to create it, please let me know. "neeru" <neeraj.allen@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:7531721a-b781-4661-8a44-87061e194875@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > I need to make transparent controls and menus on mobile screens using > MFC. > > If any body knows how to create it, please let me know. You may want to read this article from CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/menus/trans_menu.aspx HTH, Giovanni ...

fonts line by line
I'm doing line by line translation. How can I easily use different fonts for alternating lines? Assuming you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, so each line is a separate paragraph: Define two paragraph styles, one for each font.* In the definition of each style, specify the other style as the "style for following paragraph". *In case you don't know, to define a style, click Format > Styles and Formatting (Word 2003 and earlier) or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Word 2007) to open the Styles pane, then click the New Style button. -- Regards, Jay ...

Shrink font size (for lack of a better Subject Line)
Not really a big issue but if there is an easy way to solve: Text box or memo box. These are set with a desired font size on a Report. Is there any way for the font size to "shrink as needed" depending on the amount of text being entered on its source form (actually source table). This IS NOT important enough for any very complicated or extensive coding. But if the is a "property setting" or reasonably easy coding I would be interested. Thanks for reading Dave There's no property in Access that will do that, and I don't believe that the coding would not be t...

Using HTTP request to POST XML files?
Hi Sorry if this is posted in the wrong group but I'm brand new to this area. Basically I've got to post some XML documents to an external server using HTTP web request (POST, not GET) and be able to receive files back. I've got the XML file generated and checked over, but I just dont know how to go about the post process. I've got a feeling I'm supposed to create a form in my ASP application with an action which points at the URL I've got for the external server, but I don't know how to "attach" the XML files I'm sending. Do I need to embed the files ...

Using filters and showing columns as a percentage?
I have created a work attendance register, which runs from the 1 April 2005 until the 31 march 2006. At the top of column B2 to B50 appears employees names which include filters. In rows A2 down, I have set the years dates. One of the criteria that appears in the column is the letter S for sickness. How can I show the letter S as a percentage of the years attendance? TIA tox Assuming that you use a number in a cell to show hours worked, such as 8, then this formula will calculate the percentage of "S"s to "8"s........ =(COUNTA(RangeInQuestion)-COUNT(RangeInQuestion)...

Invalid Reference in Chart
I have a simple stacked bar chart and wanted to remove one of the three series. I did so using the Remove button on "Select Data Source", but after I did this, I am now receiving the Invalid Reference error whenever I open this chart. I have double checked the data behind the other 2 series and it is all valid. How can I find the invalid reference? Never mind - I found the problem. Sorry for the post. "Sam" wrote: > I have a simple stacked bar chart and wanted to remove one of the three > series. I did so using the Remove button on "Select Data Source...

chart shading
I would like to indicate the area of the chart that shows the customer's savings by shading it. how would i do this? Depending on what kind of a chart you have, you might be able to use a stacked column or area chart (or actually, two chart series). For the lower one, set both the Border and Areas to 'None' (double-click the chart the select the Patterns tab). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach "ashley" wrote: > I would like to indicate the area of the chart that shows > the cust...

enter does 1 line space- scanner does 2 line space need 1 line
On spred sheet kb enter will do one line space retuirn while hand held scanner does 2 line space return. Need to have scanner only space one. Thanks for assistance ...

ScrollBars in MS Excel chart?
Hello, I'm creating a Bar chart. This bar chart will contain a lot of data. So much data that all of the legend entries are not showing up in the legend. Is there a plug-in, or a way that I can add a vertical scrollbar to the chart? So that I can resize the legend box and chart to show all of the data. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Using Tab Control in Dialogs?
Hello, I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. Thanks in advance. Sadjad Fouladi wrote: > Hello, > I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab > control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property > sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. > > Thanks in advance. For each page, create a modeless dialog template and class. Turn off t...

on line documentation for SQLSERVER 2005
Hi, I'm looking for on line documentation for SQLSERVER 2005. Thank for help. On 2010-05-27 23:11, big wrote: > I'm looking for on line documentation for SQLSERVER 2005. > It's called Books Online. http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ms130214(SQL.90) -- J. ...

converting files to blank DVD used to work but now does not.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008C_01CACA8F.A23D9780 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I used to be able to download a movie, then put it through 'Koyote Soft' to convert the files ready to be put on a blank DVD. This DVD would then be able to be played on my regular DVD player and come out on the television screen. I have since downloaded an update for this software which is 'Koyote Soft 2010 Version 3.2.0. Since downloading this u...

2007 Run Time Error R6025
I just installed Money 2007 Premium. The program converted my 2006 data file and now whenever I start the program, it brings up my home page, you can see the internet being accessed, and then I get the R6025 run time error dialogue after about 20 seconds, which then closes the program. This happened before in 2006 after it would do an online update of my account information (it just started after I'd used 2006 for 8 months without that problem), but I could reopen and it would work fine. None of the previous fixes under 2006 ever fixed this problem and I was hoping that 2007 would reso...

dynamic charting #3
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Horizontal Lines in Export to Word??
Anyone any views on the best to draw a horizontal line so that it also appears in the exported document. To me it appears that it has to be a series of dashes '-', but thought I would ask here in case I am missing anything!! Regards. Bill. ...

import info from outlook to use in excel
I want to send a blank table in outlook (not an attached spreadsheet) that I could ask the recipient to fill in and return to me by email and then transfer that directly to a spreadsheet without having to enter data again manually. Is this possible? thanks in advance -- kinsey Why would you not want it returned as an attached spreadsheet? If it were, surely you could cut/copy and paste the data you need to your master spreadsheet. There is some manual involvement, but not much. How many recipients are there? -- Dobbo "kinsey" wrote: > I want to send a blank tabl...

Help...my charts are acting up!
I don't know what happened! One minute, I was working on a spreadsheet (Excel 2003 SP2), the next thing I know, all of my charts all went blank (kind of a grayish color). The charts reappear individually when selected, but go blank again when I move to another chart or to a cell. And to make matters worse, when I select a chart and try and copy it to PowerPoint, the paste appears blank too. I have a screen shot if that helps, but I haven't any idea how to send it. TIA! Tools menu > Options > View - select Show All. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials...

Subordinate entities in Organizational Chart
I am creating an organizational chart. I have set up too many subordinate entites under one company. How do I delete the boxes once they have been set up?(Even without dialog) It's going to help if you tell is which program and version you are using (are you actually using Excel to create this organisational chart? is is an "old style" OrgChart object or a 2007+ style SmartArt diagram? Have you tried clicking on the unwanted boxes and pressing delete? Adam On 19/05/2010 16:39, sl128960l5 wrote: > I am creating an organizational chart. I have set up too many s...