Line-bar chart on 2 axis

I have a line chart representing data correctly on one
axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks
fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full
length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its
original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with
excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points
on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this
be afecting the chart from displaying properly?
TIA
George
0
anonymous (74721)

You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max.
values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, then
select the Scale tab).

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <247601c49f34$76e98df0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a line chart representing data correctly on one
> axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks
> fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full
> length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its
> original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with
> excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points
> on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this
> be afecting the chart from displaying properly?
> TIA
> George

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake spec
Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake special editing. Apologies as the following is long winded. I have a workbook that has 12 sheets (i.e. 1 for each month of the Year). Each sheet contains the following: - Header row; Customer name; date contacted and work location (and other information). One can have multiple rows for each customer as they can contact us many times a day for work to be undertaken at different locations. On a monthly basis we have to undertake a charging process for customers who have used our services for the last month. At the moment we a...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

how do I restore the pdf tool bar to excel?
I have PDF converter 2 software and had the pdf creator tool bar available when using excel spreadsheets and even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software the tool bar is still not available when I open excel, it is however, when I open word files. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any assistance. I can make my PDF toolbar come and go using View|Toolbars and clicking PDFMaker 6 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295E1162-175F-4483-BEEC-757DF68517CD...

Excel 2 web
Using Excel VBA, i am trying to login to the web site. I was able to login. but after login, there is an image on top of the website. If i move mouse i will get more option to select. But I am not write code for mouse over on the image. Any suggestions. On Dec 7, 11:43=A0am, "fi.or.jp.de" <fi.or.jp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Excel VBA, i am trying to login to the web site. > > I was able to login. but after login, there is an image on top of the > website. > > If i move mouse i will get more option to select. > > But I am not w...

exchange 2003 logs #2
Hi, I want to see email going out and coming in in log, like old exchange 5.5 event id 2001 and 2002, which logs should turn it on? thanks. al -- 007 SMTP Protocol logs should give fair amount of detail about smtp traffic. Message Tracking logs if you know what you're looking for (particular sender/recipient etc.) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "wtk" <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9BA8D9-FE20-413B-8F2C-35D51988E635@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Chart presentation #2
I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $10,000. how do I accomplish this presentation. Hi - click on the axis with the right mouse - choose 'Format axis' - Format the numbers with a custom format such as $#,, -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MJK" <MJK@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7EBF2706-8898-440F-B268-197C4586D189@microsoft.com... > I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to > something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

How can I show different bar colors in the same chart?
I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I want to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color. Example: I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want to show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar chart. If I put the text "in" and "out" in B1 and C1 In A2:A4 I have month names : Nov, Dec and Jan In B2:B4 I have in values and in C2LC4 I have out vlaues Seelct A1:C4 and make a bar chart The Out data is red, the In data blue Can y...

Too Much Chart Data for Excel Col Limits
I have a user who wants to generate a chart from a really large set of data, too much to fit within the 256 columns available in Excel 2003. (No, transposing the data won't work either, there's too much in BOTH directions!) Can anybody suggest a way to handle that? I thought about dumping all the values into an array variable, but don't know a way to make that the data source for a chart. 1) Have you recalled that there is a 32,000 limit on the size of a data series? 2) Will the chart be readable even with 1,000 data points? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Exce...

PST >2 gig crashed
Hallo, unfortunately one of my PSTs became 1,6 Gig, and now I am not able to open it with my Outlook (2003) Right now I am copying the PST (just in case). Then I would try to run the "SCANPST.EXE" When I was looking in some forum on this issue, the answers were generally disappointing (there is nothing that can be done...):-(( Does anyone have experience with the Microsoft Truncation Tool ?? Any other tips&tricks form me? Please avoid Tipps like "keep you PSTs small":.. it happened, and I cannot change now... I am already very angry with myself ... :-((( **s...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Charting with dynamic data
All, I am creating a chart which is based on multiple columns worth of data. The problem is that the amount of rows changes and I have to be able to handle that programmaticaly. In other words, if the amount of rows was constant somewhere in my sub I would have something like: ..Chart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("NameGoesHere").Range("A2:A5, F2:H5") 'where the Range A2:A5 contains names that goes to label the X-axis. 'And F2:H5 represents the data for each name in A2:A5. No problem. However, I need that range to vary. I was hoping something like this ...

Looking for hexplorer_src.zip #2
I am looking for the file hexplorer_src.zip, as stated in the following page at archive.org : http://web.archive.org/web/20040609234736/http://artemis.wszib.edu.pl/~mdudek/ Unfortunately, archive.org doesn't have that file; I've lookup ftpsearch, comb some huge online file archives, and still can't find the file. So, I wonder if anyone here can help me find the source file, please ? Thank you, Gracias, Dankeshen, Mercy Beaucoup, Arigato !! ...

Hide Message Bar 02-02-10
I have a series of macros that modify data in a protected workbook. Only certain users have permission under SharePoint to run the macros and modify the data. At the end of the macro it displays a worksheet (read only) with the current edited data visible for all to see. But I also get a Message Bar “Server Workbook To modify this workbook, you must check it out “ followed by a “Check Out” button. How can I get rid of this message bar? From within the macro, or within the settings? (Excel 2007) I’ve tried Excel Options/Trust Center/Trust Center Settings…/Message Bar/ Never s...

Chart formatting #3
Is there a way to shade certain areas of a line graph? I have a simple line graph extending horizontally from point 1 to 10 on the x-axis. I would like to shade the entire background area of the graph from points 2-4 and points 6-8. Is there a way to make the graph apear that the background is grayed out between these points. Thanks Chris Chris - This has been sitting here a long time... Make a combo chart. Start by locking the Y axis scale parameters (uncheck the auto boxes). Add a series to your chart which has zero values where you want no shading and <Y axis max> where ...

dump all email lists #2
I've done the normal google searchs etc etc, but I am still a bit confused as to how one dumps the list of email addreses that exhcange will accept. This is important as I need to stop a large amount of backwash spam that the exchange server is rejecting, after the edge mail box has accepted it. The list is required so that the edge box knows what it can and cannot accept. ...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...