It would speed up a lot of my work if I could use the Line Color icon on
Excel charts, the same way I am able to use the Fill Color and Font Color
icons.

However, when I highlight any chart object, like the Plot Area, Chart Area,
or a Series, the Line Color icon is disabled.

--
Stuart Bratesman, Jr., MPP
Muskie School of Public Service

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cdf1d249-81a9-4a99-8dc3-34894ba9e947&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting

Message auto defaulted to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor
I have a problem with Outlook defaulting the view to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! ...

using windows mail
when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 OX800cccoe Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F393030B-D730-4AE9-8BD4-856087C52EA6@microsoft.com... > when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 > OX800cccoe > Jeanne, try Meghan's reply up abo...

Let's go
Let's go BBQ ...

Displaying Color in Cells
Help -- I just installed Office 2003 and when working in Excel am unable to select a cell for color. I know how to do this (under normal circumstances) but the Excel on this computer will NOT accept color! I tried opening up a document created on another PC (Office 2003) that had color in cells and the color DID NOT SHOW. I am also unable to change font color. So it seems that color formatting is not working. Any ideas? WK If this is a problem with all files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB art...

Chart Data Point Size Changing ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007 I'm embarrassed to ask this, as it's undoubtedly so simple, but just can't find out how to do it. Everything sure was simple in earlier versions ! Anyway, I have a simple chart that I created, linear, with the data points being shown as squares. Guess it picked the squares on its own, automatically. I would like to change them to circles, and also their size. How do do this, please ? Thanks, Bob Right click one of the squares in the chart Select Format Data Series from popup menu Right side of dialog: click Marker Options Cl...

Used Users' Poem ,
Used Users' Poem (inspired by true experiences with Microsoft products) ------------------------------------------------------------------------- While rushing to client, no moment to spare I hurried to finish a job in despair. Trying to upload some files to my site... Nothing was happening, try as I might! I pounded and shouted and yelled at the screen, But this did not work it to well it would seem. So I thought a download would fix me up quick, But I should have beaten myself with a stick. The ftp download wiped out my accounts, It clobbered my passwords and ate all my fonts. So I ...

Retaining user-defined chart settings when emailing document
I created several user-defined chart settings in an Excel spreadsheet. However, when I emailed this file to my coworkers, these settings were not attached when my coworkers opened the file on their respective computers. It appears that user defined settings are only available on the computer on which they were created. Is this true? Hogon - Do you mean user-defined chart types? They reside, as you surmise, on the computer where they were created. Last year I posted a technique to distribute user defined charts: http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=upsFhQ%23LEHA.1156%40TK2MSFTNGP09.p...

Use Dll created from .Net
Can I use a dll created from .Net in a Visual C++ 6.0 project? ...

Using hours in weekly schedule format 40:00:00 and reporting in Cr
I am creating a database with weekly staff hours in a format of 40:00:00, I figured out how to get access to accept these numbers but now I need to transfer this data accross to a crystal report to help compile it all. I believe their may be a setting in Access to allow this data to transfer in the format I want. Any ideas? I may have to format Crystal reporting but was hoping to do all of it in Access that I can. You can't, at least not as a Date field. The Date field in Access is a specific point-in-time, not a duration (under the covers, it's an 8 byte floating point nu...

Must reboot before using Outlook Express
OE6 on WinXP Home My wife uses OE6 from a WinXP machine connecting to the net via a Netgear wireless router. The machine has four user accounts on it - one for her, me, and our two kids. When she goes to check her email, she logs into her account, then starts OE. Every time she does this, she gets the error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: "pop.bizmail. yahoo.com", Server: "pop.bizmail.yahoo.com" Protocol: POP3, Port 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x8000CCC0E The same error occurs (except for referring to SMTP) when trying ...

data validation using named range from another file
I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that possible? if so how? Thanks On 12 avr, 21:33, pat67 <pbus...@comcast.net> wrote: > I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and > picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active > workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that > possible? if so how? > > Thanks Hello, If you want to use...

how do I compute bowling league handicap using excel
What is the formula to enter in an excel worksheet to compute bowler handicap at 90%of 210? Standard spreadsheet formula material. = .9 * E6 -- if your 210 total were in cell E6 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "sjohnscott@sbcglobal.net" <sjohnscott@sbcglobal.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A59614B1-B865-4B54-A2C8-DB53B7F9BB5D@microsoft.com... > What is ...

use of add-in
Hi, I have a workbook with a macro in it. I have the workbook open, do a save as, and save it as an add-in in my add-in directory. I then go to Tools>Add-ins, and put a check next to my Add-in. I hit okay. If I open another workbook and go into the VB editor, it is listed on the left side in the Project box. My question is: How do I use this? It is a simlpe macro I wrote to do some calculations. I want to be able to go under a menu and hit an option to run the macro. There is nothing under the Tools Menu referring to my add-in. Help? Thanks! Dan Macros in Add-ins do not show up in the ...

Number Format using dashes
I am listing part numbers on a spreadsheet. Some part numbers have dashes (ie. 1-1234) Is there a way to format this as a number with the dash, without changing it to a "text" entry? If I make it a "text" entry, it cannot be sorted numerically. Hi For your example data (assumption: 5 digits, 1 digit before the dash) the custom format 0-0000 will work Frank jldeee wrote: > I am listing part numbers on a spreadsheet. Some part > numbers have dashes (ie. 1-1234) Is there a way to format > this as a number with the dash, without changing it to > a "...

Could use some guidance on checkboxes
Hi there, my company's software product has a feature that allows users to generate forms from Word templates. The program auto fills some fields from the SQL database and the user can fill in other data that they desire. So we have a .dotx template that holds the design of the form, and then the user gets the .docx file to fill out when they call it from our program. The problem we're having is that some of our users have been finding that the forms take an exceptionally long time to open up and then, once open, are so slow to respond (scroll around, etc) that they'r...

using yahoo webmail in outlook
Hi. I've been trying to get my yahoo webmail working in outlook 2007, based on the following guide: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ha011133141033.aspx Somehow I can't get it configured when I follow these steps. The problem seems to be that it keeps asking for my username/password combination. Is there anyone else who can confirm that it's still possible to use yahoo webmail with outlook? I'm using a free yahoo webmail account, but I'm in the Netherlands, so according to the guide mentioned, I should be able to use my free yahoo webmail accoun...

Using wild cards in array formulas?
Hi, How would I write a formula to use wildcards in an array formula? Say I have two columns, one has values such as 2L90, 2L91, 2L92, 2L54, 2L55 etc. and I want to select all the 2L90/91/92, and add up the numbers in the other column. I can never remember whether I need sum, sumif, count, countif etc. But also how to do wildcards, if it's even possible. ={sum((a1:a50,"2L9*")*(b1:b50))} Thanks! Norm Try the following:- =SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A50,3)="2L9")*(B1:B50)) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec -...

Let me know how to embed ATL_COM moudle in Windows Explorer?
Hi, I'd like to insert my dll in Windows Explorer like control pannel. My module is based on atl_dll. Give me advice. Thanks. "Chul Hyun Park" <javagoo@infinitt.com> wrote in message news:beo123$6ur$1@news1.kornet.net... > Hi, > I'd like to insert my dll in Windows Explorer like control pannel. > My module is based on atl_dll. > Give me advice. > Thanks. > > Have you tried microsoft.public.vc.atl?? ...

Chart Object Name
Excel assigns a name to each new chart object on a worksheet as they are created (Chart 1, Chart 2, ...). If a chart is deleted the next chart created is assigned the next sequential number, so if the last chart built was "Chart 7" and you delete it and add another chart, the next chart is assigned "Chart 8." I would like to rename "Chart 8" to "Chart 7." Is there any way to accomplish this? Thanks, LB To manually rename a chart object: 1. Hold the Ctrl key, and click on the chart to select it 2. Click in the Name box, to the left of the form...

Changing the color of different days or extending all day events
Hello, http://tinypic.com/r/2h6ymvl/6 In that image, I need for either the entire day to be the same colour as the all day event, or for the all day event to extend downwards through the entire day. I can't find a way to do this, using only one calendar (this part is key) - am I missing something obvious? You need to set the all-day item to busy if you want the dates colored as seen in this screenshot: http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=146 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

using if in a range
I am trying to workout numerology in excel: I have number 1-9 in row - 1 Alphabets A-I in row - 2 Alphabets J-R in row - 3 Alphabets S-Z in row - 4 I wish to know if I input a value from "A-Z" in different cells, I should get corresponding numeric values say A20=S,B20=A,C20=I in three different cells should return A21=1,B21=1,C21=9 Can somebody help me resolve this? Thanks, =MOD(CODE(A20)-65,9)+1 Or, if the numbers in row 1 might change: =INDEX($A$1:$A$20,MOD(CODE(A$20)-65,9)+1) "Sai" <Sai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Convert Publisher Web page for use on Bell (Canada) Web Hosting
I have created my dream web site using Publisher, followed the steps to convert it to a web site. When I try to upload it to my pre-arranged domain, using Firezilla, there is a problem. The Tech assistants at Bell tell be that Publisher is not Bell friendly, but that there is some magical way to create an index file that is acceptable. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? -- Can''t we get together on this If you are talking about http://www.bellhosting.ca/en/index.htm then it appears that the hosting plans have FTP uploading, so you must be making a mistake when u...

Excel formatting toolbar icons
Simple suggestion: Increase decimal icon should have a green arrow and decrease decimal a red arrow. Instead they are both blue and I always click the wrong one first or have to think about which one to push. Don't make me think - it hurts my head! From the MS web site: ========================= World Wide Web To send a comment or suggestion via the Web, use one of the following methods: . In Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, click Send Feedback on the Help menu and then click the link in the Product Suggestion section of the page that appears. . In Microsoft Windows XP, click Help a...

FWD: Use this critical update
--unurplecctg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vypginpmfscrutioe"; type="multipart/alternative" --vypginpmfscrutioe Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fqlvtksz" --fqlvtksz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to...

How to apply different color on different columns and legends easily?
Hi there I am creating a Column chart, with x-axis showing years (e.g. 1990 to 1999), and y-axis showing GDP. But i want to apply two different color on the columns (e.g. 1990 to 1995 use red colour columns, 1996 to 1999 use green colour columns) Questions 1) Is there an easy and automatic way to apply different color on the columns? (Prefer not to click each bar or click each to format data point) (Am using Excel 2003 version) 2) Can I add legend of my choice? How can i add 2 legends? For example, I want to add a red legend for year 1990 to 1995, the other green for year 1996 to 1999. ...