Legend Problems

I have some x-y scatter plots where the series titles are pulled from
cells in the workbook.  In the source data box the titles show up
right, but on the chart the last of the text is being moved to the
front.  For instance, if the title is "33degC Hold (RE203)", it is
showing up as ")33degC Hold (RE203".  Any ideas on what the problem
could be and how to fix it?  It has also gone the reverse way.  I had
the following as a title "33 degC Hold Rep#1" entered, but it was
displayed as "degC Hold Rep#1 33".  Help!

Some suggestions:
1) More the legend to the bottom of the chart to give it more horizontal
room
2) Use � (ALT+0176 on numeric key pad) in place of "deg"
3) If all fails, use call-outs from Drawing tool to hold long text and point
to each series
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

<sara.ziesman@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have some x-y scatter plots where the series titles are pulled from
> cells in the workbook.  In the source data box the titles show up
> right, but on the chart the last of the text is being moved to the
> front.  For instance, if the title is "33degC Hold (RE203)", it is
> showing up as ")33degC Hold (RE203".  Any ideas on what the problem
> could be and how to fix it?  It has also gone the reverse way.  I had
> the following as a title "33 degC Hold Rep#1" entered, but it was
> displayed as "degC Hold Rep#1 33".  Help!

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Hiding (not deleting) a Legend Entry
I currently have a series of lines plotted on an XY scatter chart. have check boxes setup in the data so that I can display any or all o the lines at any given time. The legend always displays every singl series, regardless if it is visible on the chart or not. I woul really like to make the legend correspond with only the series that ar visible at any given time. This will keep the legend from bein extremely cluttered when I have a large number of series plotted on th same chart. Other than deleting and then re-adding the series' name to the lengend every time I uncheck or check add...

problem displaying BMPs
HI Ich have the following problem: I wrote an application in VC6 under Win2k. I loaded some bmp's and displayed them in my dialog. This worked fine on my win2k system. I then copied the programm to a WinXP Computer and the bmp's are out of their place. They are all over the dialog but not where they should be and the seem to be a little bit bigger. here is the code I use: CClientDC dc(this); CDC bmDC; bmDC.CreateCompatibleDC( &dc); HBITMAP hBmp = (HBITMAP)::LoadImage(NULL, path, IMAGE_BITMAP, 435, 420, LR_LOADFROMFILE|LR_CREATEDIBSECTION); CBitmap bmp; bmp.Attach(h...

Mail Merge
Hello, A campaign activity I created has the status "System Aborted" even through it sent the emails out OK - this means that my No. Targeted = 0 so my measuring of the campaign is all wrong. Is there any way to manually change this status? Can I change the No. Targeted for a campaign / campaign activity somehow? What I did: Created a campaign activitiy - chose "Email via mail merge" I have the Outlook client so when I distributed this activity Word fired up Once Word loaded the Campaign activity freed up I did the mailmerge in Word - it seemed to run OK, sending out ...

Norton Antivirus problem with Exchange Server
Norton Antivirus problem with Exchange Server Hi, On Exchange Server 2000, when trying to install Norton Antivirus for exchange (NAV) , I have an error which indicates that NAV cannot create mailbox for NAV service. It seems that we have a problem with permissions. When trying to use local admin account I have an error that account cannot run as service When trying to use domain admin account I have an error that account cannot be created When trying to use my account (Domain Admin) after installation I have an error that service cannot run. Please help if you have an idea. Hi, You do...

Printing Problem
When I try to print a Publisher 2002 brochure, I get box- shaped ghosts where the area won't print. It looks like the shape of a nearby text box that was dragged from one location on the page to another. The frame still appears, but when looking at it on the page or even highlighting everything on the page there is nothing there. can you help? thanks, Anne ...

Outlook 2000 how does it perform in Vista
Hi there, I'm using vista home premium. Is anyone still using Outlook from Office 2000? Any problems or bits not working?? As its not supported any more will that make it vulnerable to virus etc. When the other laptop died and I bought this one with vista on, I thought I'd give windows mail a go but to be honest I'm missing sorting by clolour etc. Thanks It is not supported and does not work well. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://w...

some problem of CMenu
CString file_delete; ...... CMenu* pSubMenu; pSubMenu = m_Menu.GetSubMenu(0); pSubMenu->ModifyMenu(3,MF_BYPOSITION,0,file_delete.GetBuffer(file_delete.GetLength()));but the effect is unacceptable! the position of this menu is not the same asthe menu before modified. the older menu starts at the position of thethird words of the new menu. It looks unbeautiful!!!!!! what can I do? zhang wrote: > CString file_delete; > ..... > CMenu* pSubMenu; > pSubMenu = m_Menu.GetSubMenu(0); > pSubMenu->ModifyMenu(3,MF_BYPOSITION,0,file_delete.GetBuffer(file_delete.GetLength()...

Problems with merged cells
I have merged a fair few cells so that I can enter paragraphs, once I type past a certain point it wont bring up everything I have entered in the cell, it cuts half of it off & it wont print it either, but when i click on the cell all the information is there......can anyone help me out with this??? Excel has limitations (see link below). Cells will show up to 1024 characters, but up to 32,767 will appear in the formula bar. Printing.. maybe it has a 1024 character limit too. (Just because you're using merged cells doesn't mean you get more characters - they're ...

Import/Export Problem #2
I'm having problem importing contacts from Excel to Outlook. The problem happens with phone numbers. The Outlook translator subtracts 8589934592 from the original phone number. For example. if i have 9177934249 in Excel, once imported the number becomes 587999657 when displayed in Outlook. Is this a bug? What's the fix? Also, when exporting contacts from Outlook to Excel, the output for phone numbers (business, fax, mobile, etc) is 0. Again, bug? what's the fix? ...

CFileDialog EndDialog problem
I'm trying to extend CFileDialog in the following way: I have a group of project-specific files which are stored together in a project folder, where the project folder has a distinguishable name, e.g. via an extension, etc. When the user browses to such a folder, I can infer from context which project file the user is trying to load, and would therefore like to pick that file and return IDOK from DoModal. I have overridden OnFolderChange in the following way: void MyFileDialog::OnFolderChange ( ) { bool is_project_folder = // logic to see if folder name contains project folder ...

Zebra installation Problem
Hello everyone; I try to install a Zebra TLP 2844 USB label printer on a Windows XP Pro PC with RMS 1.3R I usually install the Zebra Driver, and then install a "Generic / Text Only" driver on the same "Virtual pinter port for USB" in order to talk to the printer in their language (ELP). I have done these several times, but recently when i install the Generic / Text Only driver and try to print to that printer, it doesn´t print anything; no error appears, the control panel informs the document has been received ("documents" column turns to 1) and th...

Values in the Legend?
Is there a way to show values in the legend - behind the series text? Thanks, Phil Do you want to show just a single value? You can either build a lengthier label (like =A1&B1), and use this as the new series name, or you can select multiple cells for the name, and Excel puts them together with a space between. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Phil Hageman wrote: > Is there a way to show values in the legend - behind the series text? > Thanks, Phil ...

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...

Date/Time Array Problem
Hi, I have 2 columns of data. Column A has data in the format Date and Tim and Column B has numbers. Monday, June 21, 2004 12:00:01 AM 22 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:00:01 AM 45 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:00:01 AM 47 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:15:01 AM 23 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:15:01 AM 59 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:15:01 AM 62 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:30:01 AM 4 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:30:01 AM 19 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:30:01 AM 30 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:45:01 AM 44 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:45:01 AM 44 Monday, June 21, 2004 12:45:01 AM 116 Congratulations. .... and the question is? -- H...

Hiding a series in a legend
Was hoping someone may be able to help with an annoying little problem I've got. On a simple xy scattergraph I have a number of series that I want to appear on the chart yet don't want in the legend. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks Hi Phil, Here is some information on manually deleting legend entries. http://www.andypope.info/charts/deletelegendentry.htm Cheers Andy Phil wrote: > Was hoping someone may be able to help with an annoying little problem > I've got. On a simple xy scattergraph I have a number of series that I > want to appear on the chart yet don...

problem with outlook 2003
We have upgraded our system to Exchange 2003 one of our employees was using outlook 2003 with Cache mode enabled everything was working fine... till he reached outlook limit of 2GB on his local computer and no email was being received or sent. we archived most of his mail box on him computer and started working fine now he can recieve internal email and he can send emails to. But when an external email comes in, it is not received in the mailbox neither rejects as unsent. we have also enabled exhange http email... when he closes the outlook on his comp and checks his email over http...all ...

How to display both $ in pie chart and % in legend
I have a spreadsheet in excel that has some simple data Total-C $90 59% Total-K $24 15% Total-L $40 26% I'd like to display this info in a pie chart, but more specifically, I'd like to have the $ over the slices, and the % in the legend. I have been able to display both in the slices. I've serched for tutorials, but nothing indicates that what I am trying to do is possible without just typing in the percent as part of the series names. Any suggestions? Thanks, Christi Christi, This is what I came up with: Cell A2 "Total-C" Cell B2 "$90&quo...

Pivot Chart Legend
Hello, When I create a pivot chart that is simply a single category field and a single data items field (no series fields), I get the simple column chart that I want. This chart has 'Total' as its title and 'Total' as the legend label. How can I modify the legend label to something more descriptive? -- Thanks, MarkN You can delete the chart title, or change it to something more descriptive. You can't change the label in the legend, but since there's only one series, you could change the chart options so the legend doesn't show. MarkN wrote: > Hello, > ...

"The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again"
"The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again" I'm getting this error message on a number of my computers. It will display part of the screen in the top left corner with this message. When i click ok it continues to open the email without any problems. I had found a solution that requires me to removed some Registry Entrys and then do a Detect and Repair on Microsoft Outlook which hasen't solved the problem. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Windows XP Professional Microsoft Office 2000 w/ SP3 Internet Mail a...

Please HELP! Gnarly problem for an MVP-Outlook2002 & Cached Domain Password
I have a problem where the cached Domain Password Outlook 2002 is using to connect to my Exchange Mailbox is out of sync with the domain password. If the machine is part of a domain and Outlook never prompts for a password, everything works fine. If I try to connect without being part of the domain and Outlook prompts for the domain password, I get authentication failure. A new machine with a completely new installation of Outlook works fine even though it's not part of the domain. Therefore it must be a difference between what Outlook has cached and the Domain PW on that one machine. ...

Problem with order in Legend
Hello, I have two items in a chart legend. When the legend is on the right-hand side of the page, one is above the other. I would like to reverse them so the one that is now on the top will be on the bottom. How do i do this? Thank you, Keith Keith - You can change the plot order (Double click, Series Order tab). If both series are not the same chart type, this will not work. Different chart types have their own place in the legend order. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wr...

Problem with Outlook 11-17-04
I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the administrator again I get a 'Windows installer window' error from add/remove programs saying: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed. ?? I am stuck now, I can not remove and I...

Password Problem #2
I made a dumb mistake - I password protected a few worksheets in a workbook so other people could not make changes and I forgot the password - Now I cannot make changes. Is there any way of copying these sheets into another workbook and start from scratch? I attempted to copy one through Edit > Move or Copy Sheet and the Move or Copy Sheet is grayed out. PLEASE HELP - My boss is going to stangle me. Thank you Try this page of J.E. McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondenc...

Outlook Office assittant problem
hi all When i start and stop the outlook 2000, i am getting the following alert message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character" but by clicking "Ok" , the outlook continues to work. what can be done for avoiding this alet? Thanks and redgs neela The program is asking that the original installation media be placed back in the machine, go to the add/remove applet in the control panel, highlight Office/Outlook 2000, and select Add/Remove. From there it wants y...

=COUNTIF Problem
Hello Using Excel XP. I am doing a baseball stat spreadsheet and I have pitchers names in column A and in column B I have a W (for a win) or L (for a loss). What I want to do is to check column A for a pitcher's name, e.g. "Schilling" and then to check column B for a "W. An example: A B --------------------- 1 Wells L 2 Schilling W 3 Clement L 4 Wells W 5 Schilling L 6 Clement W 7 Wells L 8 Schilling W Then I would have the stat set up like this: I would type "Schilling" in A10 a...