Leader Lines Connecting Chart to Box

I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and
draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to
connect to the text box.

Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly
rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box.

Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart?

0
TomB (24)

Hi,

Here is a possible solution. It uses a combination chart which allows
the lines to be plotted and updated dynamically by using a xy-scatter.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/customerleaderlines.htm

If you have to still with using the drawn lines then you will have to
use VBA code to re position the lines according to the new data.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Supress line using cancel skip the line but do not supress CR/LF.
I want to edit a referece number field such that more than one reference number is edited in the field as ref1, ref 2 (Line 1, 2) The reference iself is printed in tho bottom of the report Normally the report process repeat the line. But by using cancel in on_print the line itself disapare, but still å blank line is prodused. How can I also supress the blank line. Ideas? Thanks 2r ...

Chart in Excel
Is it possible to convert a Chart in Excel so that it is "fixed", ie. still looks the same, but is no longer connected to the source data ? I know that I could save it as a jpg, and then insert it as a picture, but is there a way to do it more directly. Thanks, Rob I have a note in my notes after drawings chart in conventional way 1.click the chart 2.highlight the formula in the fomrula bar 3.hit F9 4.hit enter now the chart is based on actual data and not cells. try a few small experiments. "OM" <OM@youknowwhere.com> wrote in message news:44f57d15$0$11970...

Provide the ability to add a horizontal line to a chart in Excel
At times an event happends for which a horizontal line is a good visual indicative of the expected change in a timeline chart. Hi, Try this sites for some examples of adding lines to charts http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Avi wrote: > At times an event happends for which a horizontal line is a good visual > indicative of the expected change in a timeline chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Text boxes in a chart, disappear
I have created a chart with a text box embedded in it successfully. Whan new data is added, I need to move the text box further out (left) on the chart, but after a certain point in the chart, the text box disappears. I have cut & pasted while the chart is selected but still have the same issue. ...

100% stacked chart and secondary axis
How can I create a 100% stacked bar chart with a secondary axis showing data by a line? Thank you for any help Tommy - Plot all your data as 100% stacked column. Then right-click the one series you want to switch, choose Chart TYpe from the pop up menu, and select Line. To put this line on the other axis, double click on it, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ tommy h wrote: > How can I create a 100% stacked bar chart with a secondary > axis showing data by a line? ...

leader and spacing
How do I remove a space before a tab leader in publisher? I am trying to add a simple orderform to a page and it puts a space at each tab. I am needing to tab 3 times for the longer lines. Help! mewithad <mewithad@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I remove a space before a tab leader in publisher? I am trying > to add a simple orderform to a page and it puts a space at each tab. > I am needing to tab 3 times for the longer lines. Add a custom tabstop, and you won't need to tab more than once. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

launch Excel with cmd line parameters
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that has a form in it that has XML fields in it. I need to launch the spreadsheet from a command line and have it load the XML file to fill out the fields. If I simply use the spreadsheet name followed by the XML file name, the API call getcommandline simply returns "excel /e " I can't find any reference to Excel command line switched that might help me. Any ideas? This command line doesn' t work correctly, it tries to load everything on the command line.. "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" "C:\Docum...

average/trendline in chart
Hello group, I'd like some help drawing a trendline in Excel. We have price datasets going back five years that we want to chart using a line, with an accompanying trendline. The trendline should be a moving average that uses the same month for each year to determine the average. For example. If January 2007's price is "5" and the previous four years' January values were 4, 4, 5, 5 (for an average of 4.5), then 4.5 should be the trendline value for January 2007. I'm only finding options in the chart wizard and tools for the standard moving average of a gi...

want a break in line graph
I have a line graph with values for years. Between the years 1998 and 1999 there was a coding change so I don't want the line to connect the points for those two years. I have selected the second point, right clicked and selected format data point. In the dialog box under the Patterns tab I select none for the line options. In Excel 2000 and earlier the line would end at the value for 1998 and start again with the value for 1999. In Excel 2002 and 2003 the line is not broken and gets connected from 1998 directly to 2000 skipping 1999. This is not the behavior I want and seems like a...

what have I done with these lines ?
http://i40.tinypic.com/30bemc7.jpg Simplest way to explain it, is to show it. one day alls fine, next day this... Lines in some cells, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.=20 You might try creating a new sheet and then copy/paste all data to that sheet. Send your file to my address below if desired. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <keepout@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:u0cp059v3hab59jka0i0a0qoss7itrmob1@4ax.com... http://i40.tinypic.com/30bemc7.jpg Simplest way to explain it, is to show it. one day alls fine, ne...

Access 2003 Command-line /WRKGRP Not Working
Even though I have created a workgroup for each of my databases, trying to use the command-line /WRKGRP option does not seem to work. Whichever workgroup I use the "Join..." button for is not replaced when I call up another database using the following command structure: "[path_to]\MSACCESS.EXE" "[path_to]\mydb.mdb" /WRKGRP "[path_to]mydb.mdw" The only way I can change the workgroup is through the menu. That is NOT the solution I need as users ARE NOT going to do this each time they change to another database. The reason I need seperate workgroups ...

List Boxes 11-04-07
Sorry I ment Combo boxes and NOT List Boxes in my previous post! Hello SG. "SG" wrote: > Sorry I ment Combo boxes and NOT List Boxes in my previous post! Uuuh! I see. Then replace listbox by combobox in my previous answer. -- Regards, Wolfgang ...

How (where ?) to change the line length or turn off auto-line wrapping in Outlook 2003 ?
Where EACTLY can I change in Outlook 2003 the maximum line length resp. turn off automatic line wrapping? Sven Tools-> Options-> button E-mail Options...-> option: Remove extra lines breaks... Or; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format-> button Internet Format... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Sven Claasen" <svenCx@gmx.net> wrote in message...

Drop line in Line Chart
Excel 2002 - I have a line chart with 5 data sources. I would like to add a dropline when 2 data sources cross each other. Is this possible? -- GorillaBoze ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GorillaBoze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398318 Hi, You might be able to do this with the help of the functions in this example. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Create extra data series to plot the intersecting points an...

PCCharge over internet connection
We are starting to setup our PCCharge Payment Server to handle the credit card processing from RMS. Our store will have a permanent TCP/IP internet connection, and each machine can connect to the internet. Can PCCharge be used over the internet via TCP/IP, or does it require a dial-up modem connection? We may setup a dialup connection as a backup measure, but I dont' want to use it for our main connection. Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com PCCharge can be used to over the internet connection. The use of the dialup as a backup depends on the provider. We use a dial...

line breaks
does anyone know how to do a line break in a chart label? for example, if the text of the label is too long, I want excel to add a "break" to the next line and move some of the label text below it. I used to use CTRL+ENTER but that do anything chong wrote: > does anyone know how to do a line break in a chart label? > > for example, if the text of the label is too long, I want > excel to add a "break" to the next line and move some of > the label text below it. > > I used to use CTRL+ENTER but that do anything On axes labels and chart titles, you...

Line Items of RM20101?
In which table the line Items of RM20101 are stored? Does RM20101 contains the header info of all the posted invoices (both from IVC and SOP), voided invoices and returns? Is it possible to access one table for all these. I am exporting GP Invoices info in Other appln and I cannot get the full grasp of the invoices and accounts flow. Please answer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation, Regards, Samik. Try this query. Copy and paste the whole thing into a query window and examine the results. Add or delte fields from the tables as required. Turn the while ...

How do I create a line graph with x- y axis?
I am trying to make a single line graph a x axis (vertcal side) showing breathing rates per minute, and the Y axis )horizontal axis) gin-ving time in minutes. - Select the both x and y data ranges - Insert|Chart - On the Standard Types tab, select "XY (Scatter)" - Select the desired chart subtype (with or with without point markers and/or connnecting lines, and whether connecting lines should be curved or straight) - Continue pressing Next, ajusting options as desired, until finished Notes: - Avoid the "Line" Standard Type. The name is very misleading. Its purpos...

Updating a chart
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a lot of calculations and data. As a consequence when I recalculate I get 'Calculate' appearing on the bar at the bottom. I've learnt that this is because I've reached the dependency limit. All the calculations provide the correct answer whenever it recalculates (I've tried F9, shift F9 and ctrl shift F9). however the charts don't update. They still show the values before any calculation. Is there some mysterious setting that I've missed or way of updating the charts? Cheers ...

Alphabet in marker for chart lines
How can I insert a alphabet as marker in the chart lines. If I right click on a chart line (line chart), then patterns, markers, then is there a way I can insert a alphabet or special symbols like "a", "c", "delta(greek symbol)" etc., Please help You could add a data label for the data point, edit the label (the default choices would probably not suit you), and select the Center label position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "mario" &...

Leader dots
Is there any to put leader dots in fields (between the text and the end of the field; useful where gridlines are not shown)? Thanks. You could use a custom format: *.General The asterisk says to repeat the next character (I chose dot) as many times as to fill the cell. Then I used General, but you could use any format you wanted. DR wrote: > > Is there any to put leader dots in fields (between the text and the end > of the field; useful where gridlines are not shown)? Thanks. -- Dave Peterson Thanks. I want, however, the leader dots to follow text and run over to the colu...

Sub-category line charts
I right click on a payee that I've paid each month for the past year. I pick the Go to Sub-Category item. I gives me a chart for all the payments I've made. But the line graph only shows the last 6 months. How do I change the line graph to show the entire year. TIA Have a nice week... Trent Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! The line graph on a category or subcategory will only show 6 months. You'll need to have a custom report to do it for longer -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for...

Command line to create a new email with multiple attachments
Hi What is the command line to activate outlook, create a new email and attach seversl files to the message. for a single attachment the command is- OTLOOK.EXE "finame". If there othe way to do it from Visual C++ appreciate any pointer, .. Thanks or any help Dov ...

CommandbarCombo box change event not firing in VISIO
Hi I'm creating a Toolbar in Visio with CommandbarCombo box using VS 2003.The combobox should display the tooltip on change of each item in the list. I have handled changeevent but still event is not fired. Here is the code attached for the referecne: ******************************** CommandBar oStandardBar = null; private Hashtable hashTable = new Hashtable(); public static int iPrgId = 0; CommandBarComboBox cmbSecurityClass = null; Object oMissing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value; oStandardBar = (oVisio.ActiveDocument.Application.CommandBars as CommandBars).Add("IAMToolbar&q...

Grid Lines
Would somone help me hack into my registry and change the default from grid lines to no grid lines (ever). I run Excel 2002 10.2614.2625 I would value assistance please. David This posting from Dave Peterson offers a bunch of suggestions, including modifying the registry. Can't vouch for 2002, but his suggestion worked for 97. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=3EE511E0.90416324%40msn.com HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up y...