Large data

I have 20 rows and 20 columns in a sheet
Trying to plot the line chart for the same
But it looks very cluttered

Can anyone suggest a way for this
--
Thanks,
Shivali Sadavarte

Do all series have to be plotted on the same chart? Or is there some kind of
logical grouping (e.g. companies A-E; revenue, profit, stock price, and
operating margin for each)?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Shivali Sadavarte" <shivali.sadavarte@tcs.com> wrote in message
>I have 20 rows and 20 columns in a sheet
> Trying to plot the line chart for the same
> But it looks very cluttered
>
> Can anyone suggest a way for this
> --
> Thanks,
> Shivali Sadavarte

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Installing Data Migration Framework Tools fails unless you do it from the CD
FYI, I was having trouble installing the DMF tools. It appears that you have to install the tools from the CD and not from installer files copied from the CD to the hard drive (or downloaded from Partner/CustomerSource). Also note, you have to be logged on as the same admin user (also domain admin) that you installed CRM with and that user has to have a CRM license. Workflows have to be deactivated too. If you don't install from a CD, after you go through the install wizard and click install, a window labeled "Completing Installation Wizard" is displayed. It has a "...

Change the size of the data labels
How do I change the size of a data label in a pie chart? I am getting unusable wrapping of text when I have plently of room if I could only resize the label box. All I've been able to do is move the label. Thanks, DLIE Unfortunately, Excel does not trust its users to resize data labels, chart titles, or axis titles. If you need this level of control, you need to replace the data labels with text boxes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DrLostinExcel wrote: > How do I change t...

Data validation function and drop-down lists
I am sending this to several newsgroups, because I am not sure which one is the most appropriate. I am using the "Data Validation" function of Excel to create drop-down lists. Is there any way to control the font size of the items in the drop-down list without changing the zoom (view) function of the whole spreadsheet? Thank you. Colleen No there isn't. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Colleen" <meterri@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:2jIOf.7354$S25.3378@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I am sending this to several newsgroups, because I am...

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Data!$B$1:$C$200,MATCH(A1,Data!$A$1:$C$1,IF($V
Someone sent me a file with this formula and I would like to know how it is working and what it is trying to do: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Data!$B$1:$C$200,MATCH(A1,Data!$A$1:$C$1,IF($V1 = 2,-1,1)),)),0,VLOOKUP(B1,Data!$B$1:$C$200,MATCH(A1,Data!$A$1:$C$1),)) Thank you in advance. Nancy Working from inside - out... The first MATCH arguement is checking to see if A1 is located on Data sheet in cells A1:C1. If V1 = 2, then it will search in descending order, else it will search in ascending order. This MATCH function then returns an integer that controls what column to lo...

Sending data to cell
Hi, If I have data in Sheet1, cell A3 and I want it to appear in Sheet2 cell D6, I can put a formula in Sheet2,D6 - something like =Sheet1!A3. How can I send the data to Sheet2,D6 without having a formula in D6? Thanks in advance. Regards, Ken Rock Without a macro, you can't. Why can't Sheet2!D6 accommodate a formula? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ken Rock wrote: > Hi, > If I have data in Sheet1, cell A3 and I want it to appear in Sheet2 cell > D6, I can put a for...

an algorithm to regroup the same data in a text file
Hi there: I want to generate an algorithm to regroup the same data in a text file. There is a text file, for example, having the following data: 1 1 0.720 2.500 2.300 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.720 2.500 2.300 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 0 0.100 0.100 4.000 3.800 0.000 0.000 1 0 0.100 0.100 4.000 3.800 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 The algorithm reads these data from text file and regroups them into different groups (each group has the same data,...

MICROSOFT MONEY 2005
I use MSN Bill Pay with Microsoft Money. I own a copy of Microsoft Money 2004. 1. Things were fine until I downloaded a "trial version of Money 2005" 2. In loading Money 2005, I made the mistake of doing the "recommended" load over Money 2004, which wipes out Money 2004 (incidentally, that was a download too - but more to come about that). 3. Microsoft Money 2005 completely wiped out my MSN bill pay file. YEARS OF DATA with no way of retrieving the data, according to MSN Bill Pay support people. 4. After three hours with 6 different support people from MSN Bill P...

Email large messages
Hi, I have to email large DWG & zip files attached to email messages and have been having trouble with breaking apart large mess. in outlook express. I set maximum file size to 1500KB but they never seem to get reconstituted on the receiving end. If I send a message with a 6MB attachment the receiving end gets 4 file: 1 of 4, 2 of 4.... 4 of 4 and so on and they can not do anything with it. Thanks for any help. Joe This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of thes...

Converting numeric data in Spreadsheet to zero
Hi I am working on a excel spreadsheet. It contains text dat and numeric data. what I am looking for is that I need to convert that numeric data into 0. I mean there are cells which contains values like 234, 22, 12 etc and they blank cells in between them. So is there a way by writing a command or Macro to convert that numeric data to 0, ie each field must contain a value 0 .. Thank you very much in advance Deepak -- deepakgoyal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deepakgoyal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Migrate Data from Great Plains 7.5 to Sage Line 50 v12?
I have Great Plains 7.5. I want to move to Sage Line 50. How do I get the data out? What DBMS are you on? MS-SQL, Btrieve...? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP http://www.AccoladePublications.com Documentation for Software Users "Steve" wrote: > I have Great Plains 7.5. I want to move to Sage Line 50. How do I get > the data out? > > ...

What settings needs changed in order to merge from an access data. #2
I had created a certificate in publisher and was merging the names from a query in access. The techical support center upgraded our machines and now the merge will not work. What settings should I check to make this work again? ...

How large is a chart?
I am just asking out of curiosity. How large, in kilobytes, is a chart; say, a 1000-point x-y scatter? I had a large file whose size was halved when the charts were deleted (actually, they were lost, along with formats and scenarios, when the file got corrupted; see "story" below). In my non-expert view, it should not be so large, because the only information unique to the chart is its position, size, format, and similar details. The actual data itself is contained in the data-range cells, so should not have to be repeated in the chart itself. Not only the formulas but th...

Data Form/Dialog Box

PLEASE HELP: Send email from Access with data in email body
Hi All, How can I send email from access with data displayed in the email body? I have a button "Email users" in access custom form that sends email to all the users, But I dont know how to send them their particular schedule only. For eg: Here is what My Table looks like: Users Day Time User1 M 13:00 User2 M 14:00 User3 T 15:00 User1 T 16:00 User3 W 17:00 User4 W 18:00 User4 Th 13:00 So basically, When I click "Email Users" Button, I want all the users to receive their respective schedules onl...

Large fonts
How can I get fonts larger than 72? Hi swirem70, In the point-size box, you can type any point size, from 1 to 1638, in 0.5pt increments. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "swirem70" <swirem70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BEC0E88-CFF7-454F-B714-15D6538BBF02@microsoft.com... > How can I get fonts larger than 72? ....and press Enter. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%236N...

external data problem
Hi I have a problem with external data. In the Data Range Properties, under Data Layout. There are 3 options after 'If the number of rows in the data range changes upon refresh:' 1 - Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells 2 - Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells 3 - Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells. I want option 3 to be the default oprion but it always defaults back to option 2. Is there any way I can change this.?? Cheers Baz ...

How to create a dynamic chart using data from every 7th data row
I have a spreadsheet of with multiple rows of data based on dates. I need to build a dynamic chart that only uses data from every 7th row. To date all I have been able to find is going through the whole spreadsheet and marking data in every seventh row. Any suggestions Here's one way: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A2E2...

Speed issues with large volume of serial numbers
Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know isn't perfect), but it seems to take 15 or 20 minutes to assign. And 3rd party add-ons? hi Msauce What kind of Hardware are running this on? It sounds like the SQL server is having an issue and not he client. -- Fliehigh "MSauce" wrote: > Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial > numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know > isn't p...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

large email stuck in Outbox
I have an email with a large attachmment stuck in my Outbox. After trying to send it I get the error message gtom my email server that the email is too large. The problem is that outlook won't let me delete the email. I get either no message when trying to delete or Outlook tells me that it is already being send and I cannot delte while sending. Is there any way to get rid of this email? Hi, Log off from outlook. Kill Mapisp32.exe Then remove the network cable. Connect to outlook Work Offline Now u can delete the file from Outbox. Rgds, Kishore >-----Original Message----- &g...

Update CRM Data using vb.net
Hi, I am new to CRM. I am trying to retrive and update information into CRM using my VB.Net application. I am able to retrieve information from CRM. But i am not able to update. Can any one tell me how to update contact information using VB.Net. If any sample program it will help me to create some applications. Thanks in advance. Phani Check out the Microsoft CRM examples on msdn.microsoft.com - a number of these show updfating data "Phani" <phanimadhavsv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ow5xjhnWDHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am new to CRM. I am...

I can't see the data (###) in a merged area?
I have a form saved as a webpage for electronically filling out but I am having a problem with a couple of areas. There are a few large areas that have been merged to create a large area for the user to type in information but when it is sent to me I get the usual ##### across the center of the merged area. If I double click in the area I can then see the info at the top but it will not show or print where it should be and it is not larger than the supplied box. Any suggestions? Try formatting that cell as General. (A format of Text has trouble with strings between 256 and 1024 char...

Splitting Data in a Cell into Groups
I have a issue where I have a list of 3 letter codes seperated by a ; that I need to grouped by the first letter of the code (ABC, ACB, AAA and BAA, BAB, BAC and so on) but I'm unable to figure out how to do this in either Excel or Access. There are about 60,000 rows and 1 code to 500 codes in each cell. Please help Here is an example of the data ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF;BOA;BPA;BZZ;CED;CEZ;TTY;ZZZ We want a way to seperate the data in the columns into 26 Columns (Each Column for each letter in the alphabet) Column A: ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF Column B: BOA;BPA;BZZ Column C: CED;CEZ Column T:...

How do I add a variable with unevenly distributed data to a data s
I have a large (12000 rows, 75 columns) panel data set in excel with 188 countries and 55 years for each country (1950-2004). Now I want to add a new variable to this data set. I presently have another excel sheet with data on this variable along with the corresponding country and year variables. But in this second data set, there are only 1600 observations which are unevenly distributed across the countries and years; for example, for some countries there are no observations, for some there is one and for others there are several. Is there a way in excel to insert this variable into th...

Macro to Synchronize data frm svrl workbooks & columns to 1 workbo
I am trying to record a macro that will pull from several different workbooks with active data. For Example: I want to take the data in workbook1 column "A" and copy and paste it to column "A" in workbook3, then look at workbook2 and copy and paste the data in column "A" to the first open cell in workbook3 column "A". It then needs to do the same thing for column "B" & "C". The data in workbooks 1 & 2 columns "A", "B" & "C" will be changing daily. The problem I run into when I try to...