JWalk Chart Tools and hidden row problem

Hi,

I user JWalk Chart Tools to add lables to my bar chart that are
different than the actual values.  By bars represent salaries whereas
the lables in each bars represent the salary increase since last year.

JWalk work fine... at least it does if you do not have hidden rows in
your data series.

I have about 100 charts that points to the same data series.  The
issue I have is that I have to filter my list based on a different
criteria for each of the 100 charts.  When you use a filter, Excel
simply hides rows and the excel chart is smart enough not to include
the hidden rows in the chart

However, I can't say the same thing for JWalk Chart Tools, IT DOES NOT
take into account the hidden row and as a result it uses the label
values of both visible and hidden rows.  This of course is not
acceptable.

Any ideas on how to have JWalk (or other tools) to take into account
hidden rows?

HELP

- GuyRoch

0
guyroch (1)

Hi,

The chart labeler addins only create a static link between the data
label and a cell. The 1st data label is linked to the 1st cell, 2nd to
2nd etc.

It is possible using a combination chart to label the top of each column
with a value that is not the actual value of the column. Add a second
series with the values the same as the original series. Change this to a
line chart and move it to the secondary axis. You can now use the salary
differences as the category labels for the secondary x axis. Now add
data labels to the line series displaying category. Set alignment to
above. Finally delete both secondary axes. Format the line to have no
border or marker.
Now the labels will update and remain in sync with you filtered data.

Given you have a 100 charts to change you might want to use VBA code to
update the charts.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Moving tool/format bar on Mac word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, folks. I had a little Mac in the '90s and loved it, then went to PC for a while, and now I just got a new iMac. While some things are great, there are certain things on the current Word 08 that seem a step backward - or maybe I just don't know how to do them right. I would love your help on two things. I'm a novelist and I do a lot of typing. 1. When I'm working in word and I want to bold something, cut and paste, or anything else, I have to drag my mouse all the way across the screen to the left hand corner...I real...

problem with hotmail and outlook password rejected
This is the message that appears.....how do I get rid of it and do this correctly ?There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 mumpkin <mumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This is the message that appears.....how do I get rid of it and do > this correctly ?There was a problem logging onto your mail server. > Yo...

Problem with Microsoft Sample Code
I am using Access 2003 and have built a database Switchboard based upon a Micosoft Access 2000 Sample database. The sample database works ok in Access 2003 but when I use the Switchboard with my application I get an error message which says "Compile error Method or data member not found" and Me![SwitchboardID] is highlighted in this line rst.FindFirst "[SwitchboardID]=" & Me![SwitchboardID] & " AND [ItemNumber]=" & intBtn SwitchboardID is a field in the table Switchboard Items Here is all the code for the relevant part of the function, sorry it...

Deleting rows when cell has "#DIV/0!" error
Hi, I'm currently using this code to delete rows with balnk cells. However, i have changes the formatting of my sheet and the cells are no longer blank they have the "#DIV/0!" error. How can I delete the entire row when the cell in column D has that value? Sub DeleteRowsIfDIsBlank() With payrollsht Dim rg As Range, rgBlank As Range Set rg = Cells.Range("D:D") On Error Resume Next Set rgBlank = rg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) On Error GoTo 0 If rgBlank Is Nothing Then Else rgBlank...

VS 2005, problems with manifest and unmanged code
Hi, we have a problem with manifests in our applications. The applications are Windows applications, developed in Visual Studio 2005, with unmanaged C++/MFC. The MFC library is statically linked, so we normally do not need any setup, because the .exe is enough. The projects were formerly created with Visual Studio 2003 and then converted to 2005. With Visual Studio 2005, a manifest is automatically embedded. We are a little bit worrying about this, because in our opinion a manifest makes sense with mangaged .NET applications, but we have unmanaged C++/ MFC applications, but anyway. Now we h...

Special chart
Hi everybody I'm getting desperate, trying to make a non standard chart with excel It's so simple i don't get why i can't achieve to do it. I join a jp of the chart i'm thinking of (not enough confident with my english t try to explain it here !). You guys sure know how to make it : actually, it's very very ver important for me (three years of study nearly depend on it !). Thank u all by advance Seamu Attachment filename: dd.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=40519 -- Message posted from ht...

probability charts
using excel to use probility distribution charts fo true fasle hypothesis. ...

Beginning scripting and have a problem
I'm trying to get into understanding scripting and I have a book "Microsoft Windows Scripting self-paced Learning Guide" by Ed Wilson. The second example in the book is the following: Option Explicit 'On Error Resume Next Dim objShell Dim regActiveComputerName, regComputerName, regHostName Dim ActiveComputerName, ComputerName, HostName regActiveComputerName = "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control \ComputerName\ActiveComputerName" 'Wscript.Echo regActiveComputerName regComputerName = "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\" & _ ...

Pivot table problem #12
While not an expert at pivot tables, I've done them a few times and never seen this problem... I'm using the piviot table wizrd and keep getting the error that my 'pivot table field name is not valid'. Is this referring to the column headings? They are simple names like date, product code, location. I can't get past this to set up my pivot table format. Please help...report due on Monday!! There's probably a hidden column that has a blank heading cell, or you've included a blank column at the end of the range. KikiMarie wrote: > While not an expert at...

I'm nto charts, please be nice. (Bar graph question)
I have a bar graph and when the numbers are populated, they set on top of the bar. Is there away to have the number huver/float above the bar? I have 6 bar graphs and I have to click on the amonts and move it up some so your able to see the number and no, my boss will not let me use the background "opaque". Thanks Hi, Right click the data labels and on the Alignment tab is a droplist containing Label Positions. Try the Outside End position. Cheers Andy pgarcia wrote: > I have a bar graph and when the numbers are populated, they set on top of the > bar. Is there away t...

chart data #2
I have a spreadsheet set up that updates the information every month over a 12 month period. The data i have for example is Actual Profile Jan 77723 77723 Feb 75319 67582 Mar 72047 73469 Apr 69557 81048 May 76672 88563 Jun 65068 77750 Jul 63819 79528 Aug 71079 90357 Sep 65793 85348 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Obviously i have not received the data for the last three months yet but i need to keep the formulas in to automatically update the information. I want to select all of the information in this area but not show zeros on my chart. This chart will then update every month as the...

Date problems
Using Excel 2003. I am using dates with the format .... yyyy/mm/dd in a Genealogy worksheet. When I input dates in the 1900 range I get all sorts of problems .... showing as ########### because they do not fit into the column width as 1899 does. When I widen the column the 1900 date offsets two spaces to the right. I can make it look right by playing with the width of the column. Sorting the column of dates puts the 1900 dates in various orders - top middle and bottom. Any ideas? Where can I access Excel FAQ's. Thanks Gerry Hi Gerry, Since you mention 1899 dates I assume you ...

Administration Tools/Addons/Pack for Exchange?
Hello, Are there any administration add-ons for Exchange so that I can see all of the Exchange properties of a user/group/etc from my administration machine? Currently, I have to use Terminal Services into the Exchange server and run the Active Directory U&C console from there to see everything. I want to have the same capabilities on my personal machine without having to install Exchange. Is this possible? Thank you, -b Assuming you are running XP on your desktop... For Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821920 For Exchange 2000 http://suppor...

Display one row at a time
Total Total Low Adjusted Final Pt Test #1 Pt Test #2 Pt Test #3 Midterm Points Pt Test #4 Pt Final Points grade points Average Students #1 #2 #3 Test #4 #5 Test Sam 5 88 10 73 176 176 73 103 14.71428571 Harry 0 95 5 88 188 188 88 100 14.28571429 Beth 4 100 8 65 177 177 65 112 16 Sally 10 70 5 42 127 127 42 85 12.14285714 0 0 0 0 0 I have a grade book and I wish to be able to blank out only indicated rows thus allowing privacy to the students viewing the grades on screen. I’ve attached m...

Change table to not split rows
This is a little thing that has annoyed me for years. I would like to change the normal template so that for tables, they do not split rows across pages. Have no idea how to do that. It always defaults to split rows across pages. Just checking ... you did open the template from within Word, uncheck the "Allow row to split" box in the Table Properties > Row panel, make and undo some change in the text area of the template (to be sure Word knew you'd made a change and needed to save it), and saved the template? On Mar 11, 12:57=A0am, NevilleT <Nevil...@discuss...

servicePrincibalNames (SPN) problem
Hello, during a test, I install the CRM Server Service under a domain user account. During the installation, the installation routine gives this domain user the SPN host/server and host/server.domain.net, but this two SPN are already used by the server account, where CRM server was installed. Now the domain controller (KDC) bitch (rightly), that there are two accounts with the same SPN. Do I make something wrong by the installation or is this an undocumented feature? From witch account I should delete the SPN's and what's happened, when I delete the SPN's? Are there any ...

Pie Chart and percentages
I track expenses in Excel. I have columns for various categories of expenses, and a single column for departmental income. When I create a pie chart to track expenses, it shows what percentage of all of the expenses comes from each category. I want it to show what percentage OF THE INCOME is from each category of expense (i.e.: Expense A is 14% of the income, Expense B is 2% of the income, etc). I'm pretty new to Excel (other than plugging data into worksheets someone else created). Is this a complicated chart to set up? Calculate the desired percentage in adjacent columns an...

Two scales on Chart
Is it possible in Excel (2003) to have a LH scale and a RH scale when charting? For example, in US terms, a LH scale showing Dow Jones Index (say 9000 - 12000 points) and a RH scale of a particular stock (say MS, $15 - $30) over a period of time. Yes, it is possible. In help's answer wizard type "dual axis" First hit will be "add a secondary axis" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:23:12 +1000, "Oziebill" <oziebillREMXXXXXXXXXOVE@XXXXXYYYyahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possible in Excel (2003) to have a LH scale and a RH scale...

server name calendar tool
how do I fill in the servername field in the exchange calendar update tool. Where do i find that info? It is the legacyExchangeDn You can see it as an attribute of the server object in ADSIEdit. It will look something like this: /o=ORG/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=YourServerName "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:ukFb7DUUHHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > how do I fill in the servername field in the exchange calendar update > tool. Where do i find that info? > ...

Administrative Operations Tool
What version does the Administrative Operation Tool support? We currently on 1.2.3297.0 and the install gives a version does not match error. ...

VBA
dear community: Everytime I update the chart data range, I have to Select i first: ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Select ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Sheet1!R35C13:R" & iROWS "C13" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "=Sheet1!R35C19:R" & iROWS "C19" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "=Sheet1!R35C13:R" & iROWS "C13" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = "=Sheet1!R35C20:R" & iROWS "C20" I tried this but not working: Sheet("Sheet1").Ch...

JWalk Chart Tools series label problem
I am using John Walkenbach's "JWalk Chart Tools" add-in to label a data series with values from other cells. (I want percentages as data labels even though the series is charted as actual values.) The two cells I'm using to label the two points in my series are not next to each other, if this is important. I CTRL-click the two cells and they are listed in the selection window with a comma, like this: 'Source data'!$D$8, 'Source data'!$AG$8 . This looks good to me. But while the values in D8 and AG8 are 5.33% and 5.16%, the labels show up as 5.33% and 21.93% B...

2highest values from a row
Hi, i have a row of data in numerical form. i.e. 32,49, 85, 40, 28, 50........ How do i input the formula -to extract the 2 highest scores, and -multiply each of the score by 0.5 -and sum them? Much thanks in advance. Hi try =SUM(LARGE(1:1,{1,2}))*0.5 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hamlet wrote: > Hi, i have a row of data in numerical form. i.e. > > 32,49, 85, 40, 28, 50........ > > How do i input the formula > -to extract the 2 highest scores, and > -multiply each of the score by 0.5 > -and sum them? > > Much thanks in advance. What if y...

camera driver problem
Hi all, o.S: Windows CE 6.0 Processor: Omap3530 I am working on camera module for the omap3530 with sensor ov7670, I built the application CameraDshowApp.exe from private copied into my platform. The camera driver get loaded and successfully registered. After boot up, I executed CameraDshowApp.exe, there are few options specified as below, I selected options 1 to 4 and clicked OK. 1. Video capture 2. Video encoderer 3. Still image sink 4. File Mux 5. VideoRenderer 6. AudioCapture 7. Audio Encoder 8. IntellConnect 9. SimulControl Nothing I can see in the display window, it w...