joining data points on graph

I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The
category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out, i.e.
they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment
the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get them
to connect to the points that have spaces between them?

0
minihana (1)

minihana wrote  on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0800:

 m> I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the
 m> other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but
 m> the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be at points 1,
 m> 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment the graph
 m> will only join points that are beside each other; how do I
 m> get them to connect to the points that have spaces between
 m> them?

Forgive me if I have misread your intention but if you place the
second set immediately following the first and then sort on the
x-xalues, won't you get what you want?

 James Silverton.

In other words, you have blank cells in the data? By default Excel ignores
these blanks, leaving a gap in the chart. You can tell Excel to draw a line
across the gap. Select the chart, go to Options on the Tools menu, and on
the Chart tab, where it asks how you want to deal with blank cells, choose
Interpolate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"minihana" <minihana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The
> category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out,
> i.e.
> they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment
> the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get
> them
> to connect to the points that have spaces between them?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

copy graphs values in a cell
I am looking for a way to click on a specific data point of a graph and have the data related to that, copied in one or more cells..like click on point x1,y1 belonging to Graph1, and have the values of x1 and y1 copied in cells A1 and A2 in Sheet1 I guess I need a macro... You think it might be possible? ps sorry for my poor english Hi, Yes you will need VBA code. Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events. http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 Cheers Andy bluepill wrote: > I am looking for a way to click on a specific data point of a graph and have &g...

GP Data AND Access
Hi guys, I am a newbie and trying to get a better understanding of GP. I was wondering how to get started on retrieving data from GP in MS ACCESS. For example if I want to look through list of employees and check to see if they are inactive and insert them into a table. Normally I read through sources and try to get a better understanding through trial an error, however, I don't want to do that with GP. If you guys have any informative sites also I would greatly appreciate it. 1. In your MS Access database, select Tables from the Objects list. Right-click on the panel where table are l...

problem adding data to XML doc compliant with XSD
Hi all, I am new to .NET and the way XML data is handled in .NET I wrote a small application with .NET forms in C++ The application reads data from an XML file to fill-in the fields of the form. This works fine but when I try to add new data to the XML file it does not comply with the XML schema file I am using. Here some xml and code snipplets: Schema description: <xs:element name="Store" type="StoreType" /> <xs:complexType name="StoreType"> <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xs:element name="Config" type="C...

Doing joIn with REGEXP? (MySQL)
Hi Im working with MySQL. I have similar data in 2 different schemas Im trying to relate. This particular example relates to US states being stored differently in both systems. So, say I have the 2 tables as follows: STATE_1 ----------------- | ID | STATE | ----------------- | 1 | AL | | 2 | AK | | 3 | AS | ................. STATE_2 ------------ | STATE | ------------ | US-AL | | US-AS | | US-AK | ............ I want to get the STATE_1.ID value where the STATE fields are equal. Note that STATE_2.STATE values are the same as those in ...

Migrating existing Outlook data to Windows 7 (from XP)
I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a backup done under XP. How do I prevent Outlook from downloading all the emails again from my ISPs? Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed? I still have the XP installation so I can find the setting there if I know what to look for. Cheers, Martin And how did you restore the pst? "Martin" <sirraheelnitram@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02dd518e-adc6-460c-9c83-712a219e3f65@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a &...

HELP- Copy a Data Series to Other Graphs?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

Data validation master cell
Is it possible to change what list is in a cell by selecting the name o that list from a "master" cell? For instance, say the master cell is A1, and it's validation lis contains the list "cats, dogs, horses". The list in B1 would be based on what list is selected in A1. Fo instance, if A1 was set to "cats", then the choices in B1 would b something like, "Calico, Tomcat, housecat, Siamese". What I really want to do though, is only have one "master" cell an have dependent cells that change depending on the master. So, if A1 is the master,...

Sort data to other worksheets
Looking for a way to have a master worksheet that has approximately 10 colums by 400 rows. We constantly add rows to the sheet and then need to view it sorted in various ways. Is there a way to have the data from the master sheet displayed on other tabs in various sorts without copying the data to the other worksheets every time data is added. Maybe you can just apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and hide/show the data you want to see. Ben Bazian wrote: > > Looking for a way to have a master worksheet that has approximately 10 > colums by 400 rows. We constantly add rows to the...

Adding a Formula as a data variable in a pivot
Is it possible to create a formula as data column in a pivot table? For eamaple let's say I have the following Table: Name Billed Charges Paid Charges George 1000 500 Pilar 2000 750 Fred 1211 602 I would like to add a data variable of [Billed Charges] - [Paid Charges] and another [Billed Charges] / [Paid Charges] -1 I know that one way to do this is to add columns to the raw data and refresh the pivot, but I am wondering whether I can create a calculated formula as...

Parsing data
I have looked at all the posts I could find but still have questions about this. I have a need to pull zipcode out of a 30 byte field. It could start in the 10 position or the 25th position. It is a length of five, except if it is an international address, then who knows! Let's just stick with zipcode for now. How do I go to the 30th position (the last blank) and keep going left until I get a 5 digit zip? Ideas? Something like this would extract a 5 character zip code that starts at the 25th position. Zipcode25: Mid([TheString],25, 5) However you mentioned a spa...

how to import data from outlook express for mac
Hello, I'm changing my net from macintosh to windows xp, and I was wondering how to import all the data (messages, contacts, etc) from outlook express for macintosh to outlook express or outlook 2002 on my windows xp I have the outlook express macintosh files, but I can't import any data. Maybe I have to do another step before... Any idea? Thank you Xavi ...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Data Limit on Bar Chart?
I am trying to display a Clustered Column chart that is pulling data from multiple worksheets. I have 12 worksheets containing data & the chart is on its own seperate worksheet. Each worksheet has 4 or 5 rows of data in 3 columns, 2 columns contain actual data & the other contains text for date headings. When using the chart wizard I can graphically select the data w/ my mouse & it lets me get 2 worksheets worth of data then I cannot input anymore. When I try to put in more it resets the data window to just one entry, instead of that one plus the other 9 I just selected....

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

Averaging data in a list between two dates.
Hi, I'm trying to use a table that is here : http://www.euribor.org/html/download/eonia/eonia%201999-2002.xls Sheet1 will do for example. Example 31-d�c-02 3.44 27-d�c-02 3.03 24-d�c-02 3.05 23-d�c-02 3.7 20-d�c-02 3.5 ..... I'm trying to find the average rate (Column B) bewteen two dates (Column A). I need the average of *all the rates* between two dates (and not just the average of the rates at the two extremes). On Sheet1, the average of the five rates between 31/12/2002 and 20/12/2002 is 3.34 Whereas the average of 3.44 (at date 31/12/2002) and...

better to filter on join or where clause
If you have something in your where clause that could be put in the inner join would it be better there? SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key Where b.status <> 15 and b.status <> 20 or SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key and b.status not in (15,20) Any difference? Thanks, Tom There is no difference when using inner join. The optimizer will generate the same execution plan. It is more a preference/style of writing queries. I prefer to place filters in WHERE and leave only join predicates in the ON clause: SELECT ...

Misconceived data range?
With much help from persons in this newsgroup, I have been limping towards producing a particular chart. I am having so many problems, though, that I'm now wondering whether I've made an fundamental error in using the data range I'm using. I'll explain it below and would be most grateful for any advice about it. I'm trying to produce a column chart in which three of the nine columns are stacked and the rest are just a single data series each. My data range consists of numbers only (no text) and looks on the screen like a staircase viewed side on, with the steps going down...

Removing Points from Chart.
Hi, is it possible to click and remove data points from the chart manually. I would like to remove some points that are not close to my trendline or best fit line i have created on the chart, and at the same time i want them to get removed from the cells (where I have the data table). Is this possible? How? Please Help. Thanks in advance. I'm afraid that is not possible In pre-2007 versions you can drag a point on an XY chart to a new position BTW: do be aware that it you remove data points, the trendline will also shift best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http:/...

rearrange data by day
Hi I have daily data for some ten years listed downwards, and I woul now like to know if there is possible to rearrange them so that I ca get all the data for each day alone I.e. one group of just Monday dat and another group and just Tuesday data as one group, all the number are currently listed from A1 to A2000. I only Monday to Friday as m days All help is greatly appreciated!!! If my explanation weren&#8217;t good enough, this is what my data look like now Tuesday 12/31/2002 279,73 Monday 12/30/2002 279,73 Friday 12/27/2002 281,982 Thursday 12/26/2002 278,829 Wednesday 12/25/2...

HOW to move ALL Outlook data to new machine?
I need to move all of my Outlook data (contacts, email, calendar, etc.) to a new machine. Moving the PST file apparently does NOT move the address book (already tried this). HOW does one simply move all Outlook data to a new machine? Should be simple, but... (?) -- dwa The Outlook Address Book is just another view of your Contacts folder. This is a common occurrence when moving things around -- the association between the Contacts folder and the Outlook Address Book gets broken. To fix it, go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories or address books...

joining domain
hi! Is it possible to have the users rejoin xp,win7 to win2003 AD with the computer object already exist in the AD? i know that this can be done through administrator group, but can this be done by the user without adding them into the domain admain grp or accoutn operator? what's the best practice and previlege that i shd give to the support team who only need to able to join the pc into the domain? Thanks. They have to be able to delete and add. If you are talking about doing this to one machine not a real big deal but if you want folks to do this all the time it c...

Joining worksheets / outer join
I've found some spreadsheet joining discussion threads, but I haven't found one which I think is applicable... Basically, I have 5 worksheets in an Excel file to be used as a mail merge. Each worksheet has lists of companies and the industries that they handle. Some companies have offices at different addresses, which should remain as seperate rows. Some companies handle more than one industry and are thus in more than one worksheet. Some of the companies have one business contact for all industries, some have seperate business contacts. I want one worksheet, which merges data from...

Source Data Mess
Using Excel 2003 I created one pie chart and then did a copy & paste to paste that same chart into another worksheet. Then I right-clicked and chose “Source Data” and then highlighted the data for the new chart with the new raw data. There’s one problem – The data labels and the corresponding percentages pasted over, but the pieces of the pie chart do not correspond to their data labels. There’s a piece of the pie that is supposed to be 49% and it’s about half of what it should be. I hope I explained this properly. Does anyone know why this is happening? ANY help would be grea...

Copy Blocks Of Data
Hi I'm working on an excel database at the moment and have come up agains a roadblock... I'm at the point where I have got Excel to sort all the data for m (HLOOKUP) into the correct categories and now I just want to record macro to copy it over in blocks to the database sheet. So... What I need it to do is take a whole block of data (each row is a entry) and place it into the database spreadsheet at the end of th last block. So each time I process (sort) a new block of data it paste it after the previous lot... Nic -- SenojN ----------------------------------------------------...

HIDING DATA IN A CELL
I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO HIDE DATA IN A PARTICULAR CELL. I'M ROUNDING UP A SUM THAT HAS SEVERAL DIGITS, AND I DON'T WANT THE LONGER # TO APPEAR IN A CELL...JUST THE ROUNDED # THAT APPEARS IN THE ADJOINING CELL. NOT TOO CONFUSING RIGHT? >-----Original Message----- >I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO HIDE DATA IN A PARTICULAR CELL. I'M ROUNDING UP A SUM THAT HAS SEVERAL DIGITS, AND I DON'T WANT THE LONGER # TO APPEAR IN A CELL...JUST THE ROUNDED # THAT APPEARS IN THE ADJOINING CELL. NOT TOO CONFUSING RIGHT? >. > Why not just round the sum? e.g =ROUND(SUM(H6:H7),0) rounds to a ...