Is there any way to do a rose diagram in Excel?

Is there a plugin or some way to plot a rose diagram in Excel 2003?
0
Jed (6)

In article <F6F21C0C-9297-4939-9153-C2AAA85F0A54@microsoft.com>,
Jed@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Is there a plugin or some way to plot a rose diagram in Excel 2003?

Check the google.com archives of the XL newsgroups for several leads.  Start
with http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*
--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

I don't want excell to change ratios to fractions, what to do?
How can I change excell settings so that it doesn't automatically change ratios into decimals? example: When 1:263 is entered into a cell, it is displayed as 0.224305556 I want 1:263 to stay displayed as 1:263 in the cell after it is entered. What do I do? Format the cells as text -- HTH RP "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226109FB-068A-42F4-BAF1-695D92192127@microsoft.com... > How can I change excell settings so that it doesn't automatically change > ratios into decimals? > > example: > When 1:263 is entered into a c...

Budget exprt to Excel
When exporting a budget to Excel only a few (50 out of 1500) of the accounts actually export. Why? Thanks I recall a problem with Excel budgets that was fixed with a service pack for version 7.5. Might want to check that. Also, check that the status of the account is active. "noyb" wrote: > When exporting a budget to Excel only a few (50 out of 1500) of the > accounts actually export. Why? > Thanks > Thanks for reply. Unfortunately all service packs are installed and I know that all of my 6,913 accounts are active, not just the few that export to excel. Anyone ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

how can I compare contents of columns in excel?
I have two excel files viz. file-A and -B. One of the columns of File-A contains chemical names which is also contained in one of the File-B columns.There are a lot more chemical names in the latter file than in the former. What I would like to do is to transfer additional pertinent information from columns in File-B to new columns in File-A on the basis of the chemical names found in File-A. At the end of the exercise I would have a file with the same number of chemicals but with more information. How can I do it? Your help would be much appreciated. Take a look at the =vlookup() ...

Tool for creating diagrams of stored procedures
Hi, When you have a lot of stored procedures it seems like being able to produce a diagram showing the dependencies/relationships would be one of the best ways of documenting them. It would give an immediate overview of the code and make it much easier to understand. Ideally I think you could expand component diagrams to see individual DB objects (SPs and tables) which where part of a component. I am frustrated that Visio does not support this - you really want something that can be linked to the actual DB (reverse engineer whatever). Some tools that people have recommended are: ErStudio, ...

Description of Statistical functions in Excel 2002
Hello, I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in Excel 2002 Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a doc file or show me a website where this is shown? The Help function has a page with a listing and description of all the statistical functions. I hope someone can help me. Best regards, You can copy and paste the text from Help into Word. Jerry Erik Gerets wrote: > Hello, > > I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in > Excel 2002 > > Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a d...

Date and Day in Excel
I have 12 Sheets, each representing each month of the year...Jan, feb......Dec. I need Date and Day in 1st and 2nd colum of each sheet representing that month. Need to know how to formulate this...Thanks in advance for any help.. Hi try the following formula to get the first day of the current year for this montn: =DATEVALUE("1-" & RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND ("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)) & "-" & TEXT(TODAY(),"YYYY") If you put this in cell A1 you could use the following formula in B...

Excel 2002 document not opening with a proper view in Excel 2003
On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin Depeter". You might want to widen the column. It might not have enough room to show the name. "taj" wrote: > > On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column > names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin > Depeter". ...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Formula Does not work on excel 2003
This formula does not work in excel 2003. Does anyone know how to convert it to the correct formula for excel 2003. It works perfectly on my system with 2007. But when I put it on a system with 2003 it returns nothing. What it is supposed to do is pull data from a sheet name in the format dd.mm.yy. Sometimes the sheet is not there so should return nothing or 0. =IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")),"",INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")) Your formula work...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Excel Colours
Hi all Each Excel workbook can hold a palette of 56 colours, why is it tha the colour picker tool on the Formatting toolbar will only show 4 colours (on a 5 x 8 grid)? Thanks for anyone supplying enlightenment! DJ -- DJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DJB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2122 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38983 I think it's the same reason hotdogs are sold in packages of 10, but hotdog buns come in packages of 8. Who knows why? But you could r...

Excel 2007 werkbalk snelle toegang, "hoe te saven voor nieuwe excel install "
Wie kan mij vertellen hoe de werkbalk "snelle toegang"met al zijn icons is te saven. Dit ivm een nieuwe installatie van excel. Het voorkomt dat ik al die icons wederom moet opzoeken. Al vast bedank voor de hulp. gr Peter See http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm You can find the file here Excel saves your QAT setup in a file named "Excel.qat" in: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Excel.qat In Vista you can find it here C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Excel.qat Note: This file will no...

Excel drawings with Hyperlink
Hello: I would like to create a hyperlink when a particular serial number is selected in a cell. Is there a way to create small drawings in excel and have those drawings pop up (or via hyperlink) when a given serial number is selected from a cell? I have created drawings in Paint and saved them as JPEG images, but when I select a serial number the Paint editor pops up at full screen with a tiny image. Regards, D.Parker What I have done in the past was insert drawings on the worksheet, hide them, then associate VBA code to unhide the desired drawing (picture) and hide all others. ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

excel #136
I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they won't popen I'm not familiar with Quantrum Pro. What does it do? "Liz R" wrote: > I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they > won't popen ...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

pivot table group issues
1. When I group by days, the column heading is 10/01/04-10/07/04. Is there anyway to make it display the first date rather than the range? 2. When grouping by a date range, Excel 2003 always displays a first column that is < the date range I wanted to I have to unselect it. This was not the way Excel 97 functioned. Is there a way to make that go away? Thanks I don't know of any way to change the behaviours that you describe. You could calculate a week starting date in the source data, and add that to the row area, instead of grouping by week. kbear wrote: > 1. When I g...

excel LOOKUP( ) error
using the LOOKUP( ) and the formula works fine....except in the first row of data. the formula is there and the references are correct, it just refuses to return data help... -- apples ------------------------------------------------------------------------ apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15299 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=269227 Post the formula you are using along with some sample data. What result does your LOOKUP currently return? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson...

Cell shows date, want to email from excel to me as a reminder
cell is formulated to calculate a reminder/due date, want somehow to create another function for that information/ date to be sent to me as an email so I can follow up on reminder dates that come up daily. any ideas? One idea: write the VBA code to search for the reminders to be sent today (roughly: for each row, check the date criteria and, if appropriate, send the notice and record in the workbook that the reminder was sent). Then I'd kick off the process daily using by making this an Auto_Open macro and invoking the Excel file via Windows Task Scheduler. "nldunique"...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

ms excel predefine english word on the cell
how to predefine an english word ie. "S" on the cell. So, user each time just type in ie. 1243 and the cell will return S1243. Then the user no need to type so many times of "S" in front of 1243. If the user ie. type it 1244, then it returns "S1244" automatically. Any hints and steps and procedure as well. thanks gary email: garywwww3@hotmail.com -- garyww ------------------------------------------------------------------------ garyww's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35818 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...