Is there an interpolation-function in Excel to read a chart more .

0
BM1 (14)

Your question appears to be incomplete.  It is usually best to elaborate
in the body of your post.  The worksheet functions FORECAST(), TREND(),
and GROWTH() can be used to interpolate linear, multiple linear
(including polynomial) and exponential regressions.

Jerry

0
post_a_reply (1395)

problems opening open excel
hello I ve'got a problem with excel, I can't open a document. when I do double click. But It works if I open excel and then from excel I open the document. thanks Hello Alberto! I don't know if you get any error messages or what version you use, but you can try the following steps . 1. Click on Start button then choose Run. 2. Enter the command "excel.exe /unregserver" (without quotation marks), press OK This forces Excel to unregister itself and then quit. 3. Click on the Start button then choose Run 4. Enter the command "excel.exe /regserver" (withou...

How do I set up a Balence sheet in Microsoft Excel
Using Microsoft Office Excel 2002 Iwant a good Template For example: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC060784001033.aspx or in general go to : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx and search for accounting -- Gary's Student "brookman" wrote: > Using Microsoft Office Excel 2002 Iwant a good Template ...

Excel Charts #4
I have switched on the tracking option from Tools menu. Tracking is perfect but I am not able to make charts in this condition as becuuse the chart option icon is deactivated. I need both the options simultanously. Pl. advice. Hi, When you switch the tracking on it makes the workbook shared. Shared workbooks have restrictions. One begin chartwizard. XL: Commands and Features Unavailable in Shared Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=130560 I'm not aware of any work arounds :( Cheers Andy R Kartik wrote: > I have switched on the tracking option from Tools men...

Excel = MS Word, Text Functions?, Edit | Fill | Justify??
Hello, I posted a question at excel.misc regarding using excel as a word processor. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/790757e9a328eee3/9002ea974dde7cc1 I was attempting to use text functions (trim, mid, etc. ) to "wrap" text as it would in MS Word. And Myrna brought to my attention that I could use edit | fill | justify option to somewhat accomplish what I'm trying to do. Is there another alternative using macros? There's almost always an alternative using macros. Whether it's an alternative that makes sense to do dep...

insert Object from Excel into Word
When I try to insert an excel object to into word I get one of two problems; either the inserted object is too wide and I can't reduce the width of of the box without altering the size of the text (this is after unlocking the size ratio) or I get a box that is the correct width but misses off about 1/3 of the text from the bottom of the excel text. I have tried changing all sorts of different settings, does anyone have any suggestions? Sue ...

Conditional worksheet function function that returns range
Greetings! Excel's (2000) SUMIF and COUNTIF functions are useful, but I often find myself longing for more general functionality that allows me to apply all of Excel's math functions on ranges matching certian criteria. Does anybody know of a worksheet function that returns a range object matching certian criteria? ie: magic_range_function(criteria_range,criteria,returned_range) I'd like to use such a function to apply any of Excel's math functions to contitional ranges, such as: max(magic_range_function(...)) Is this possible in Excel? Thanks! - Alex (aferguso~at~nrca...

Vlookup Function Needed
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me sort out my problem. I have spreadsheet with around 15 sheets on it. I have a Vlookup sheet whic provides todays date and is updated daily automatically. In each of the other sheets I have an end of maintenance column whic has a list of dates. What I need is a formula for the i progress/finished column. The purpose of this column is to check if th date in the end of maintenance column is greater than the date shown i the lookup sheet. If it is then "finished" shall appear in black. I however, it is before the date shown in the lookup she...

Archive function missing from File menu (2007)
Recently upgraded from MS Office Pro 2003 to 2007. Outlook 2007 File menu does not display Archive option regardless of how I set the properties for AutoArchive in Tools > Options. At thispoint I cannot archive e-mail. If you set the Archive options under Tools>Options, then archive will run according to those settings "MyBluRT" <MyBluRT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E4A06E5-A768-4655-A45F-D27AF26CC31B@microsoft.com... > Recently upgraded from MS Office Pro 2003 to 2007. Outlook 2007 File menu > does not display Archive option rega...

Excel/Visio Form for entering data
I've seen this done before, just trying to figure out how to accomplish it. I have an Excel spreadsheet containing a Visio network diagram with text fields for entering data (IP addresses, etc). I'm trying to recreate this form with a new diagram. Once I've pasted the Visio diagram into Excel, I'm having difficulty getting Excel to allow me to specify fields and enter data. There has to be an easy way to do this. Anyone have a good resource or know how to do it? ...

Excel Reports
Hello all, Please note that I have ben asked to create a spreadsheet that will generate a report for staff working in a call centre. The basic form is as follows: Worksheet 1 User Calls Trigger Staff1 Total Trigger field Staff2 Total Trigger field Worksheet 2 User Calls Trigger Staff1 Call1 123 Staff1 Call2 Staff2 Call1 123 Staff2 Call2 123 Staff2 Call3 123 The required design is for 13 worksheets in this spreadsheet with WS1 being used to display the results for each month but worksheets 2 - 13 being used for the call da...

Changing Cell margins in excel
Is there a way to change cell margins in excel. i have tried using the format tab and indent but tis will not change the vertical alignment like you can in word? regards, Matt There is no vertical indent for cells. About the best you can do is vertical>top, bottom or center and adjust row heights. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:07:01 -0800, mj_bowen <mjbowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to change cell margins in excel. i have tried using the format >tab and indent but tis will not change the vertical alignment...

In Microsoft Excel when print last letter of each line cut off?
When I print in Excel the last letter of each line is partially cut off. Why is that? Can you help me with that? Sounds like a hardware problem. You are printing outside the range that the printer (probably an ink-jet) can handle. Make your margins smaller. HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "Gerhard" wrote: > When I print in Excel the last letter of each line is partially cut off. Why > is that? > Can you help me with that? ...

Error when exporting to Excel from Outlook client
I have two users that can export to Excel fine when using the browser client but when doing this from Outlook they get the infamous "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" Both PC's are running Office 2002 SP3 ...

printing group of charts
I have workbook with 11 charts, each on separate chart sheet and I want to print them to PDF. I can not have them printed to one file. Instead they are splitted in 6 files, some with single page, other with 6 pages. I can not find out what is causing it. Can I somehow print to PDF and have one file created ? Thanks for help. Tony I have solved my problem. I had to push the page setup for all charts to be the same and now all is working well. I had to change the page sizes for all to A3 and than back to A4 to push excell to see that they are all the same. Tony "Tony" wrote:...

I can't open excel with left click in IE 6
Using Win xp pro SP2 Office 2003 SP3 Hello people, I can't left click on an excel link in IE6... when I do, I get an windows error and it closes IE... but when I right click I get an option to open, save as, etc.. and when I click on open it opens fine. I've tried Google a search with the title "can't open excel in IE6" but didn't find any help. Any advice would be appreciated! TIA! "new guy" <recipient@RemoveThis.ca> wrote in message news:8HQnk.174769$gc5.35812@pd7urf2no... > Using Win xp pro SP2 > Office 2003 SP3 > > Hello peopl...

Randbetween function
Hi there Does anyone know how I can have six cells next to each other, using the =RANDBETWEEN(1,49) function, where none of the cells equal each other? I.e. a random lottery function without having two of the same numbers. I'm trying to do this without creating a huge nested If statement so any help would be appreciated. Cheers Mike You may want to visit J.E. McGimpsey's site and grab a copy of his =RandInt() function. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html If you're new to macros: Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here: http...

Using wide CRT functions in non-Unicode builds
Hi, Is it possible to use the wide versions of the runtime string functions in a non-Unicode MFC project? I have a file containing Unicode text. The following (simplified) code fails: FILE *fp; wchar_t wsStr[80]; wchar_t *pPos; fp = fopen("unicode.txt", "rt"); fgetws(wsStr, 80, fp); pPos = wcschr(wsStr, '\t'); Stepping through with the debugger, it seems that although in my code wchar_t is 2 bytes, inside the call to wcschr() it is being treated as a single byte, so it returns NULL on finding the first ASCII character (because in Unicode an ASCII character has...

Reinstalling Excel- Settings Issue
If I reinstall Excel 2000 (to eliminate some current problems), is there a way that I can save the present settings that I have customized (toolbar layouts, toolbar macro buttons, etc.)? Are these customizations saved in an xlb file, i.e., Excel10.xlb? -- Ray Wright raycyn.wright@prodigy.com To reply, change "com" to "net" For Excel 2000...........Excel9.xlb Don't forget to save your Personal.xls Excel should not overwrite it on a re-install but I wouldn't take a chance. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:45:57 GMT, "raycyn.wright&qu...

Filtering data for scatter plot with chart labels
I have created an x-y scatter with 500 rows of data. Each row contains 4 fields: Segment, Name, X-Value, Y-Value. I am filter on "Segment" to limit the number of points displayed on the chart. Now I would like to label the visible points with the "Name" field. I have tried using both Bovey's X-Y Chart Labeler and the J-Walk Chart Tools. But in both cases, after applying the filter to the data, the graph shows the correct points with random labels. For instance, the filter might limit the data to rows 4, 8, 15 and 30, but the labels are from rows 1, 2, 3, and 10. ...

Excel VBA PageSetup Questions
Hi, I want to specify that my xlSheet objects page setup so that fit page is enabled and put Page X of Y in the footer. I have so far: With xlSheetNew.PageSetup .Orientation = xlLandscape .FitToPagesWide = 1 .FitToPagesTall = 1000 .LeftFooter = "Engman-Taylor Co." .CenterFooter = "Page " End With My two problems are fittopage is not activated and I don't know how to reference page and pages in the footer. Can anyone help me? TIA, Dan Dan Simply setting the properties enables f...

How do I insert currency symbols in Excel?
Can someone help me please? How do I insert two different currency symbols in two different cells/columns on the same page when using Excel? Peter FREER ( Thailand) You can always format the cell to the currency you want. Or you can find, download and insert the currency symbol as a clip art file. Hope this helps! "The Angry Ant" wrote: > Can someone help me please? > How do I insert two different currency symbols in two different > cells/columns on > the same page when using Excel? > Peter FREER ( Thailand) ...

Question about interpolation
Hi I have points deffined with x,y and z coordinates. Now I want to give x, y coordinate of new point and based on othe points to calculate Z for this new point. How can I do it in Excel Than ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You need to do 2-variable regression. I have used this a lot in the past. I think it is now an add-in to Excel (I did it in Lotus - excuse me - many years ago). This gives you the coefficents of an equation of the type: z = r1 x + r2...

Template Invoice in Excel 2003
Can anyone please tell me how to enter the total value in total colum on the invoice template that comes with XL 2003? Thanks! ...

Entewring long numbers into Excel
I am very new to Excel. When I enter a long number into a cell I get a formula I do not understand. Even if I widen the column, the formula stays. and the number reappears only when I double-click on the cell, but then reverts to the formula when I click off it. How do I get the number to display all the time? Thanks. Limit is 15 so you must precede with ' or format as text first -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6BD22CB-61E1-46A9-BAEA-F91C55C51639@microsoft.com... > I am very new to ...

imbed excel cell text in a shape
I need to insert a number into a shape that corresponds to a cell in excel. Kinda like the exploded parts view in a car repair manual. A callout shape with a text value "123" that is linked to cell A1 in file ***.xls. It would be nice to be able to auto generate the callouts from the excel file. shape 123 is cell A1, shape 124 is cell A2 and so on. Thanks what version of visio are you running? al "mystified" <mystified@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B4E390-190A-41D9-AC4A-F96C1DA6FB6E@microsoft.com... >I need to insert a number into a s...