Is it possible to generate a chart from a formula. or: Can I define and plot my own Trendline?

I'd like to generate a circle on a chart by entering the radius of the
circle into a cell.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Greg

0
rigaux (2)

Suppose the radius is in cell A1.

Then, in B1 enter the formula =ROW()-1.  In C1 enter =B1/180*PI(), in
D1, =$A$1*COS(C1), and in E1 =$A$1*SIN(C1).  Copy row 1 to 2:361.  Plot
D1:E361 in a XY Scatter chart.

Once done, adjust the chart so that the x and y axis have the same
min/max values.  Also, select the plot area and extend it as close to
the chart area as possible.  Finally, select any cell.  Then, hold down
SHIFT and select the chart.  Now, select Format | Object...  From the
Size tab, set the height and width to be equal.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <L%JBc.851356$Ig.728770@pd7tw2no>, rigaux@shaw.ca says...
> I'd like to generate a circle on a chart by entering the radius of the
> circle into a cell.
>

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Greg

That works great! Thanks
Greg

"Tushar Mehta" <tmUnderscore200310@tushar-mehta.SeeOhEm> wrote in message
> Suppose the radius is in cell A1.
>
> Then, in B1 enter the formula =ROW()-1.  In C1 enter =B1/180*PI(), in
> D1, =$A$1*COS(C1), and in E1 =$A$1*SIN(C1).  Copy row 1 to 2:361.  Plot
> D1:E361 in a XY Scatter chart.
>
> Once done, adjust the chart so that the x and y axis have the same
> min/max values.  Also, select the plot area and extend it as close to
> the chart area as possible.  Finally, select any cell.  Then, hold down
> SHIFT and select the chart.  Now, select Format | Object...  From the
> Size tab, set the height and width to be equal.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <L%JBc.851356$Ig.728770@pd7tw2no>, rigaux@shaw.ca says...
> > I'd like to generate a circle on a chart by entering the radius of the
> > circle into a cell.
> >

> > Thanks in advance for any help,
> > Greg

0
rigaux (2)
6/22/2004 2:48:21 PM
You are welcome.  Glad to be of help.

--

In article <VEXBc.850472$oR5.447800@pd7tw3no>, rigaux@shaw.ca says...
> That works great! Thanks
> Greg

{snip}

having trouble creating chart to show monthly totals
Hi I'm using office XP. I keep a single spreadsheet were I record orders received. Its a very simple sheet with one order per row. In col B I place the date the order was received (in the format DD/MM/YY) I'd like to make a chart (pie or column) which displays the total number of orders per month so that I can see at a glance when were busy and quieter periods. I've tried using the wizard but all I ever get is a mess and not what I expect to see at all. I suspect I may need to separate my data by month? But is there a way for Excel to work that out for itself from a sin...

Is it possible

OR formula, ?????
I have Worksheet A containing a list of data: Red, Yellow, Orange, Purple which is defined in NAME MANAGER as COLOR Worksheet B on CELL A1, is user input data A2 has the following formula =OR(A1=COLOR) User input : Red = FALSE Yellow = FALSE Orange = True Purple = FALSE The OR formula should produce TRUE value on the cell for all input that is true. However, it is not the case. Where is the formula wrong? Try this instead: =3DISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,COLOR,0)) Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 24, 12:19=A0am, a...

How do I create a dual axes column chart in Excel
Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. Alok, This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alok" wrote: > Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the > moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. ...

Personal Folders in OWA

Help
Greetings All, I'm having a problem creating the type of bar chart for a time line This 'LINK (http://www.mississippi.net/~comcents/tendertale.com/tttl/tttl.html will give you several examples of what I'm talking about. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I'm currently using Excel 2000. Thanks, Bo -- w5bl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- w5blt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1620 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27625 Hi, The type of...

Extra line in chart shape text in Visio 2003
When adding text to a chart shape, Visio always adds an extra line on the end. I can go back in and delete it, but it comes back when I click off the shape. I can't find any option setting that governs that action. How can I remove the extra line permanently? Can you be more specific about which shape? Some shapes are defined with the text block containing custom properties. For example, the poistion shape in the OrgChart stencil has a text block that contains two custom properties, one for name and the other for title. If you enter text into the text block, you may see an empty...

change the legend text in a surface chart
I am using a chart type of surface contour. Is there a way to change th text in the legend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi vacaut, The text in a surface chart legend is related to the Scales Maximum, Minimum and Major values. If you want to display words instead of values then I think the only way would be to add textboxes to the chart and cover the values. vacaut wrote: > I am using a chart type of surface contour. Is there a way to change the > text in the legend? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > -- Cheers A...

Radar Charting problems, Can I change...
Hi people I have 2 queries relating to Radar charts in Excel (Office XP/2002). Can I change the angle/start position of the first plotted point? I always starts at 12 o'clock but I want it to start at 9 o'clock. I ca re-order the data to achieve this effect but the data, to the viewer is not in a logical sequence if I do that. Then also, can I change the direction of the plotting from clockwise t anti-clockwise? Thanks in advance. Stell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Stella - You can't do these things (unless someone smarter than me knows how), but you c...

Charts & Hidden Data
Hi, If I hide the row/columns containing the source data of a chart the respective series disappears from the chart. Is there any way to hide chart source data without affecting the chart? Many thanks, Jason In XL2003 (and before) with chart selected: Tools | Options |Chart and uncheck the box "Plot visible cells only" In XL 2007: Follow this path: click the chart; use Chart Tools|Design|Selected Data; look for button labelled "Hidden and Empty Cells"; complete dialog box as needed. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from ema...

Portfolio Manager stock chart
Hi, Since a few days, I can't get a stock chart when I click its icon in Portfolio Manager. Does anyone know why? Thanks, ...

How many and what kinds of reports can MS CRM generate by default?
Hi, can anyone provide such a list? I am new to this package and evaluating its features. Thanks. Microsoft CRM V3 comes with 20 built in reports. These are using SRS or SQL reporting services. You can using visual studio.net to create any additional reports you need. The only limit is your imagination and your report writing skills. Download the CRM sdk form www.microsoft.com/downloads which has a reporting section. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "phw" <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Can anyone help?
Take a column of data. The data in about half the cells of that column are all hyperlinks. The data in the rest of the column's cells are not hyperlinks. And needless to say, all the data (cells) are jumbled up. Is it possible to sort the data alphabetically so that all the hyperlink-containing cells are grouped together in one block, followed by another block of non-hyperlink data? Any help would be much appreciated. Gerry My first impression is to add a helper column in which there is a formula - =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("WWW",A1)),0,1) This will test cell A1 for the...

2007 line chart, can't make some gridlines heavier than others
Hi, I had a nice line chart in 2003 with two lines, one for Planned and one for Actual. Across the bottom axis I had years, e.g. 2006, 2007, etc. These years were major gridlines formatted in heavy black and ran vertically. Up the left vertical axis was percent. The reports come in quarterly, therefore, between each yearly heavy gridline, there were 4 quarterly gridlines. So every 4th gridline was heavy black (representing the start of each year), and in between were 3 quarterly gridlines that were light black. The difference between the heavy annual lines with the 3 ligh...

Formula problem #15
Hi there, I'm hoping that this is the correct Forum for this question!! I've got a problem with a complex formula and was hoping that some hepful soul could help me as I'm totally stuck! Please see below for details: I need the cell to read from the value in an adjacent cell according to the following rules: % logged in Score 103.9% 5 If C7 is equal to, or less than, 95% then the score will be 0 If C7 is equal to, or greater than, 95.1, but equal to or lower than 98.0, then the score will be 1 If C7 is equal to, or greater than, 98.1, but equal to or lower than 10...

Time and motion chart
I am looking for help in creating a �time and motion� chart for up to people and each person has 4 activities that they perform throughou their day. For argument sake, each person is required to perform the followin activities. Stack boxes Pack boxes Unload truck Load truck I would like to put together a time and motion type of chart that show each persons activity by time of day. Each person performs al activities throughout their day at different times. There maybe tw people unloading the truck while one person stacks boxes and the othe is loading the truck for example. Each person c...

Blocking fields to avoid use in formulas
Is there any possibility to block the particular field in order to avoid users to use invalid fields in formulas ? regards Peter You can lock and unlock cells (then protect the worksheet) so that users can't change certain cells. But if you allow them to type a formula into a cell, then I can't think of anyway of stopping them from pointing at A1 when A1 shouldn't be used. Is that what you meant? If it is, maybe someone else has a way... If it's not, maybe you should rephrase your question. Piotr wrote: > > Is there any possibility to block the particular field i...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint
OK, I think I have a question that will stump even the best of you! :) I have several worksheets that contain multiple charts. I want to copy the charts from Excel to PowerPoint with one chart to a slide. I can do so one at a time by copying and pasting them. The drawback is that it takes lots of time to do this because I'm working with 250+ charts. My question is if there is a way to quickly export the charts to PowerPoint so that each slide contains a different chart. Partway through this article you'll find programmatic approaches to that very problem: http://peltier...

My Bar Chart Is Missing
I have inserted a bar chart and I have used one of PowerPoint's built in templates. I saved the presentation and now when I open it up the chart outline opens up, the Chart Tools contextual tabs open up, I can view the data, but the slide does not show the bar chart? Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated!!!! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Did it once but can't do it twice
Sometime back I found what I call a measurement device. It told me how far it is between two shapes. It has been long enough back that I forgot where to find it. Could someone help me?? Thanks Rod -- Thanks for your Help Thanks for an easy question I can answer to. Visio 2003. Menu, File, Shapes, Visio Extras, Drawing Tool Shapes. More elaborate answer : Of course you could have searched for the shape "measure". But you may encounter problems in this. Many beginners would search in the Visio Help system, and not in the Shapes window, Search for Shapes box. It would be ...

Chart Variables
I am using Excel 2003. I'm using "Option Explicit" to force variable declaration. I want to tie the axes of a chart that I have named "MyChart" to worksheet cells. I've been working with the following but continue to get errors: Dim Cht as ChartObject Set Cht = Worksheets("Model").ChartObjects("MyChart").Chart With Cht.Axes(xlValue) .MaximumScale = Sheets("Charts").Range("C7") .MinimumScale = Sheets("Charts").Range("C9") .MajorUnit = Sheets("Charts").Range("C...