Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?

I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows.
(Row 1, week: Row 2, data.)

Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and
2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to
the sheet?

For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want
the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4.

Row 1     Week     1          2          3
              Data     12.5      17        18

Thanks for the assist!
-Adam
0
adam1685 (340)

Use a defined name  using the offset function for your series

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second
>rows.
> (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.)
>
> Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1
> and
> 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to
> the sheet?
>
> For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want
> the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4.
>
> Row 1     Week     1          2          3
>              Data     12.5      17        18
>
> Thanks for the assist!
> -Adam

0
dguillett1 (2487)
10/24/2006 2:57:06 PM
Hi,

Try these explanations of dynamic ranges in charts.

See here for details on dynamic ranges.
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

-Adam

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try these explanations of dynamic ranges in charts.
>
> See here for details on dynamic ranges.
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Adam wrote:
> > I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows.
> > (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.)
> >
> > Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and
> > 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to
> > the sheet?
> >
> > For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want
> > the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4.
> >
> > Row 1     Week     1          2          3
> >               Data     12.5      17        18
> >
> > Thanks for the assist!
> > -Adam
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
adam1685 (340)

obj var vs automation
What is the difference between using an object variable, as in this example: Sub Macro1() Dim k As Object Set k = Workbooks.Add With k .Sheets(1).Range("E5").Value = "Hello" .SaveAs ("C:\filename.xls") .Close End With Set k = Nothing End Sub and using "Automation," as in this example: Sub Macro2() Dim xlApp As Object Dim xlWorkbook As Object Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlWorkbook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add With xlWorkbook .Sheets(1).Range("E5").Value = "Worl...

Is it possible

Custom Colors on Graph
Is there any way to use custom colors with Excel graphs? The standard choices are limiting, and other Microsoft titles all allow custom colors. Am I missing something here? Thanks, Sarah Sarah - Excel uses a palette of 56 colors, and that's it. You can adjust these 56 to your heart's content, though. Pick Options from the Tools menu, and click on the Colors tab. The bottom two rows are the ones used in default charts (for more series, it keeps moving up a row). One by one, select a color and click on the Modify button, to adjust the color. When you like the colors, keep them...

Personal Folders in OWA

Up-side down Graph #2
Hi, How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the opposite direction). Hi, Double click the axis and on the scale tab check Values in reverse order. Is that the upside down you want? Cheers Andy excel_hari@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the > opposite direction). > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the solution. its been a great help. Regards, Hari India Andy Pope wrote: > Hi, > > Double click the axis and on the scale tab ...

Automated Attendance Sheets
Hi, I had posted this question a few days ago, and Dave P. replied on Oct 05 2004. let me rephrase the question. A master sheet contains data for all employees shift details for all days of the month . The sheet looks something like this Name 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04 04/10/04 05/10/04 06/10/04 ..... a D N D N D O b N N O D D D .. .. .. What I'd like Excel to do is this: 1. A menu which asks...

Excel 2007
Dear group, We have some engineers that have fairly intesive graphs with tons of data points on them. When we open the Excel 2003 graph with Excel 2007 and try to print the graph there is no data line or curve. Our axis' and titles show up, even our 2 pt colored vertical lines appear. Now, when we take all the data from this 2003 excel sheet and create a new 2007 sheet and create the graph from the data it prints fine. Also the 2003 graph will print frin ewhen opened from excel 2003. We've tried the convert tool in 2007 when opening a 2003 workbook and still no graph. We have a multit...

How to make odds ratio graph?
How to make odds ratio graph? Would love to help but your cryptic message does not tell me what it is that you want to do. More details, please -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "How to make odds ratio graph?" <How to make odds ratio graph?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E115BCD1-D2C3-4739-9DFD-244CD8C67F5F@microsoft.com... > How to make odds ratio graph? ...

excel graphs line correctly, shows wrong value label?
I have a graph that is graphing the line in relation to the values on the x & y axis correctly but its showing a value label that is totally wrong??? I clicked on the line and checked where the line is refrencing its info from and its from the correct boxes on my excel sheet, when I hold my mouse curser over the plotted point at issue it says Value:58% which would be correct? HOw do I make it display the correct value without always having to type it in by hand (this is a template for many projects)?????????????? The other thing is all the other posted values are correct on all line...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Setting up segmented bar graphs
I don't know if it can do it or if there is a program for it but I need to know how to set it up in Ecxel. A segmented bar graph is when the %'s are added up on top of one another. Like I need male and female, and they answered yes or no. Well one bar for male ,answers of yes and no %'s on top=100% and the same for female. ________ no 25% | _______| yes 75%| _______| male...............Just in case -- spiketheone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spiketheone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Graphing a Line Using the Equation
Is there a way to graph a line using the equation of the line? try this url http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/01/27/professional-excel-development -sample-chapters/trackback/ see chapter 15 and refer to "charting a function" ============ tortoise25 <tortoise25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15CECA33-4F39-486B-B486-C5B4DE67E108@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to graph a line using the equation of the line? See PLOT manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html and Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla.zip at http://www...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Sharepoint exposed in visio automation
Hi all, is sharepoint exposed in visio activeX control? ...

Automating Model Spreadsheet
Hey, I am having a small problem. I have a small number of inputs (approx. 10) and have built a model (financial valuation) in excel that provides me a small number of outputs (again approx. 10). But I need to run this model on a continuous basis with a whole number of different inputs to gain the end results. I believe that the easiest way to do this would be within VBA. Could anyone help me on how I would go about in achieving this? e -- erk00 Begin here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/introduction-to-optimization-with-the-excel-solver-tool-HA001124595.aspx?redir=0 ...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Tax Invoice automated Tax number
I used Office 97 for a long while. In this Office Software Excell had the best Tax Invoice program or sheet. This sheet had a automated numbering system. Who knows of this and can tell me why in the Office 2003 Software this is not available any more ... this is very disturbing How can I use this Tax numbering system in the new Office 2003 - the numbers should automate themselves ...

Refresh Graph Data
Is there a way to refresh a graph's data? I am trying to graph total loans by month and starting with November. I want to add next month's without having to create a new graph... is this possible? Karen wrote: > Is there a way to refresh a graph's data? I am trying to graph total loans > by month and starting with November. I want to add next month's without > having to create a new graph... is this possible? > > ----------------- The technique I use is to put a colored row of cells at the bottom of the data with the message "Insert new row...

How to increase the size of a Pivot Table Graph
I have created a very simple Pivot Table 3-D Pie Graph, but it shows on the screen in a size of approxiamtely 2 inches by 2 inches (at 100% window size). I click on the graph to make the four corner points highlight, but I can't drag them to increase the general size of my graph. Can pivot table graphs be increased in size, or are that fixed to one size? Many thanks, Hi did you use the icon on the pivot table toolbar to create the pivot graph? mine always come out at full window size ...also works if i choose this option after choose data / pivot table and pivot chart report and...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...