inserting updatable data

I have a histogram chart. I also want to include, in a text box or something
like it, the mean and standard deviation of the data. But I want these two
numbers to update automatically if I change the data. Is there a way to do
this?

Thanks,

Jamie

Huh?  I've tried what you have suggested, but I get an
error every time I try to create the formula.  I'm using
XL 2002.  I've tried this with and without a textbox.
I've tried this with the chart selected, or the textbox
selected.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

Art

(A2:A22)   (of cource,
>modify range as needed)
>Click on chart to activate, in formual bar type =J1,
clcik green check mark.
>Chart now have text box which will update as data in
A2:A22 changes.
>You may need to pull the text box border to make size
right. It can be
>difficult to locate the text box with mouse; activate
chart and use
>up/down/left/right arrows to locate text box.
>Bernar
>
>"Jamie Martin" <lionsmouth2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have a histogram chart. I also want to include, in a
text box or
>something
>> like it, the mean and standard deviation of the data.
But I want these two
>> numbers to update automatically if I change the data.
Is there a way to do
>> this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jamie
>>

>.

0
Art5515 (1)

Office Updates #2
How can one determine what update has previously been accomplished in any Office product? CES <cesalazar@sprintmail.com> wrote: > How can one determine what update has previously been > accomplished in any Office product? Not all files are updated at every update. Check the version number of this file: /Applications/Microsoft Office X/Office/Microsoft Component Plugin It gets updated at every update... Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.micros...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

Not plot a data series in a chart but still display in data table
MS Excel 2007 I've somehow managed to display only two data series on my line chart. They still display in the data table. How did this happen? More importantly, how do I reverse it. I don't want to recreate chart. I see the data series not plotted on chart in the Chart Elements and when I select the series, the source data is highlighted; it's in the data table. How do I make it visible? Thanks! Miriam HAve you perhaps simply formatted the data series as "no line, no marker"? If so, you can format series, add some color. -- Best Regards, Lu...

inserting hrs and minutes

Updating a table
I have query that relates to a table and i want to be able to automatically insert a comment into a range. I.E Table column is called Report name. I want to open the query and have it ask me the name of the report. When i enter it i want it to auutomatically enter the name in the column so that all the other information that i add afterweards is associated with the report. I then want this info to save when i exit. Can anybody help? ...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

Reading XML from a Continuously Updated XML Log File
Hello, We use an application that logs events to an xml file. I am starting a project to read these events at they are written to the log file and submit them to Operations Manager 2007 as custom events. I am currently writing a C# console app to read this file using XMLTextReader as part of a proof of concept. However, I am having problems reading the file after the application logs a new event. Log example: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <Log descName="foo"> <Session appName="appName" version="4.0" cmdLine=&quo...

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Editing data from 2 different tables
Hi All, Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to edit data from 2 different tables that are being showed in the same form? I created a form which shows fields from 2 different tables and I can not edit the fields. I would like to be able to change/include data using my form. Thank you. The two tables need to be related in some manner and joined in a query for the RecordSource of your form. Elaine Parlato wrote: >Hi All, >Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to edit data from 2 >different tables that are being showed in the same form? > >I cr...

Windows 7 fails configuring updates
Windows 7 fails configuring updates OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal RaZ123121 wrote: > Windows 7 fails configuring updates > OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit > Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal All updates or a specific one ? When did this issue start to occur ? Click the Start orb > type the following in the Search field windowsupdate.log Under Programs, click on windowsupdate.log Scroll all the way to the bottom of the log for the most recent entries. Copy and paste at least the last 50 or so lines of the log into your repl...

excel data to outlook
Hi, In my daily job, I need to flash some new data into my excel and use the excel result to send out mails to report daily result. Is all numbers I need to report in mails. Wonder if you can tell me if there is any tools to make the data into text on my outllook. I tried forming some string using: ="Today we booked "&Sheet1!A4&" MM vs."&Sheet1!A5&" MM expiry" but when I copied this cells into my outlook, format is rare and pasted as table / cells where I prefer to paste as text format ( which can be read by boss with blackberry). I asked ar...

Exporting Data From Query Into Excel
How can I have this process automatically done to have the data from a query after it's been ran to be exported into Excel in a specified location? -- Sincerely, Ronald R. Dodge, Jr. Master MOUS 2000 I have done some research on this method. While this method looks promising, there's one limitation. It states one MUST leave the "Range" argument as blank, when exporting data. The other thing I'm looking for, putting data from a query into a worksheet, which the name of the worksheet would be different from the name of the query. Based on the various things ...

MSMoney 2005 Failed Update
Hi, In the past i was able to update my Account's transactions using MSMoney 2005. Now i'm getting the message "Update not completed". I don't really know what the problem is, but i'm able to get the response from the OFXServer to MSMoney2005. When i analyse this response with Microsoft's OFXAnalyser i get some "ERROR: Duplicate FITID in <STMTTRN>:..." errors. I can assure that the transactions refer to the same <ACCTID>. Can this be the cause of the unsuccessfull MSMoney 2005 Accounts Update? Regards, Marco Mendon=E7a. In microsoft.publi...

Windows update installation problem under Windows 7 64 bit
This morning I noticed a message in the Action Center saying that there had been a "Windows Update installation problem" dated two days ago. A Windows update did not install properly, it said. I checked my system and application logs for the past week and found no error messages. I checked Windows Update history and I did an update for Internet Explorer 8 on 1/23, two days earlier, that it said completed successfully. I do see there is an Internet Explorer 8 update to be installed.still and am assuming that must be *again*? So I am confused. Do I have a problem or not? How do...

how to insert data in a table

Uploaded Checking acct data
Using 2005 Just successfully uploaded all 2004 (YTD) for main checking account. That said, why does the calender not reflect the payments? My calendar shows nothing just "Add New" Is there some steps that I need to do or is the calendar information updated only if I, step-by-step, pay bills in the system? TIA Dennis The data that you have uploaded will be in the account register, not in the bills/deposits area which populates the calendar. To get it in the calendar, you'll need to add it to the bills/deposits area. You can do this by either entering it manually or by...

Data quality software package
Hello, Thanks for helping us on our last question. We have looked at different open source offers for data integration. And we are now looking for data quality software able to complete the data integration software. Are there any packages able to suit our needs? Different or same software makers are fine for us. Thank you. On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:14:01 -0800, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Thanks for helping us on our last question. >We have looked at different open source offers for data integration. And we >...