Insert Cell Text Into Chart

I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste
into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done
this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP!
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi
insert a textbox, select this textbox and enter the equation sign '='.
Now select your cell on sheet 1 and hit ENTER

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Karen wrote:
> I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste
> into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done
> this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
7/15/2004 9:05:19 PM
Thank you for your help - I'm sorry, maybe I didn't
explain it well enough.  I have a specific cell of text
that has a border around it that I want to insert into the
top portion of the chart.  I clicked on the cell,
navigated to the chart, clicked on the chart and attempted
to paste it and it won't paste - HELP!

0
anonymous (74721)
7/15/2004 9:13:50 PM
Karen -

Select the cell, hold Shift while selecting Copy Picture from the Edit
menu (I don't know which options work best with cells; I use on screen
and picture with charts). Select the chart and Paste.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

> Thank you for your help - I'm sorry, maybe I didn't
> explain it well enough.  I have a specific cell of text
> that has a border around it that I want to insert into the
> top portion of the chart.  I clicked on the cell,
> navigated to the chart, clicked on the chart and attempted
> to paste it and it won't paste - HELP!

0
DOjonNOT (619)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Count with Hidden cells
Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the cells that I have hidden? Depends on the version of excel, excel 2003 works like =SUBTOTAL(103,A1:A10) won't count hidden cells -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F387E47-FC1F-4AEB-8A6C-2B37BC012DD1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the > cells > that I have hidden? What does the 103 stand for? "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Depends on the v...

adding space between columns in a chart
I am trying to customize a chart and I need to have a group of three lines (for pre-test days) then a space followed by a single line for the test day. I need to be able to accomplish this but also have a legend for these. have you tried having an empty cell in your data series for the space? "merritaf" wrote: > I am trying to customize a chart and I need to have a group of three lines > (for pre-test days) then a space followed by a single line for the test day. > I need to be able to accomplish this but also have a legend for these. ...

Copying and pasting a series of cells
When I copy and paste the following cell > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) to the remainder of the days of the month, what I get is > =IF('13'!B14>0,'13'!B14,NA()) > =IF('13'!B15>0,'13'!B15,NA()) > etc But what I want to get is > =IF('14'!B13>0,'14'!B13,NA()) > =IF('15'!B13>0,'15'!B13,NA()) > etc I'd even settle for > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > =IF('13'!b13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > etc whereafter I could just modify the fo...

Spliiting a cell
I have a column and its contents is a question which states... What is the Cost of Superbills? Quantity of: I would like to split this lone cell and have the quantity right next to the question. Can I do this??? Make sure the column to the right is empty, then do data>text to columns, select fixed width, click next and click where you want the split. If there can be different strings with different lenght you can use a formula to find for instance the question mark =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("?",A1)+1,255)) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RTP" wrote: > I have a column and it...

Insert trigger

Auto correct text changes
I am editing a document in word 2007 that has been saved in compatible mode. Whe I try to turn one heading into italics or bold it changes all the headings in the document to the same formatiing. Can any one help me to stop this happening. If I then press undo all the other changes revert back and not the one I have just made. I can't keep pressing undo everytime I make a change. I just want it to change the words I am highlighting See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "David Rudman"...

inserting hrs and minutes

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

VLOOKUP and cell color problem.
I have a spreadsheet to create a quotation/estimate and I use the VLOOKUP function to retrieve the price of an item on another worksheet. In that worksheet, I have several pricelists from various suppliers but one column gives me the lowest price and changes the cell color associated with the supplier so I know from which supplier the price comes from. Now my main quotation page displays the cheapest price but does not pass along the cell color which I need so i can tell, by looking at the quotation, which supplier i need to order each item from. Is there a way to pass along not only the va...

Split a cell
Am I able to split a cell, making it 2 as in Microsoft Word? Select a cell or entire column you want to split, then select Data - Text to Columns. Make sure you have an empty column on the right of the column you're spliting or there won't be any room for the data you're spliting off. >-----Original Message----- >Am I able to split a cell, making it 2 as in Microsoft >Word? >. > Priscilla, No. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Priscilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Formatting Text in Network Diagram View
The text in the boxes of my Network Diagram view is cut off. I can't find a way to make the boxes larger or the font smaller. Does anybody know how to display a task's full text in a Network Diagram box? Thanks! Hi, Right Click, select Box Styles Click More Templates Select New Use Cell Layout to change cell width and Font to find a smaller one You cannot select 6 but when you type it it is accepted. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf ...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

how to insert data in a table

capture/maintain information in summary/charts
My workbook has 10 Information-03 worksheet, 1 Charts and 1 Summary worksheets. How do I delete the 10 Information- 03 sheets but capture and maintain the information in the Charts and Summarys sheets so I can continue the Charts and Summary with Information-04 worksheets. I hope that made sense. AEFelton Jon Peltier has instructions for changing a chart's series formulas. You should be able to change the sheet names in your charts and summaries, to switch from 03 to 04 information. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html AEFelton wrote: > My workbook has...

Shrink Cells
Hi all, If I have a range of cells, say 4 x 4, can i shrink each cell data to smaller range of cells, say 3 x 3/2 x 2? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com kaon wrote: > Hi all, > > If I have a range of cells, say 4 x 4, can i shrink each cell data to > a smaller range of cells, say 3 x 3/2 x 2? I really, really don't understand what you mean. Please give an example. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. One try .. Suppose the 4 x 4 range is A1:D4 Select A1:D4 and click Copy Click on a cell outside of the range, say on A7 ...

insert downloads into power point

Negative Cell Format
I would like to know if a cell can be fomatted negative so that any subsequent entry appears as a negative number with out having to enter the minus sign. If you only want it to "appear" to be negative: Format/Cells/Number/Custom -General;-General;0;@ Note that positive values displayed with the leading minus sign will not be treated as negative in calculations. If you want to have the values automatically be negative, try this event macro (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Ta...

Fancier chart downloads?
Are their any free add-ins or downloads to dress up the plain and simple Excel Charts for Excel 2002? Thanks for any help!! Bill Check the various commercial products. For a list search the google.com archives of the XL NGs. You can also check my web site and those of Stephen Bullen (www.bmsltd.co.uk) and Jon Peltier (www.geocities.com/jonpeltier). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <F88CF07D-9147-4F9C-9372-22B6E2AA27A4@microsoft.com>, billg714@adelphia...