Independent data labels

Is there a way to apply data labels which are not the
values used for plotting data (in a stacked bar chart)?
0
anonymous (74719)

Hi
have a look at the following add-ins which will do this for you:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm
http://www.appspro.com/utilities/Labeler.asp

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rob wrote:
> Is there a way to apply data labels which are not the
> values used for plotting data (in a stacked bar chart)?
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Folder data stored?
Hi there, Outlook 2003 In what folder is all my Outlook details stored. I just want to back-up my "back-up". Thank you. Deon See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message news:Xns95F8A04F123BDdeonNOSPAMpesscoza@196.25.240.158... > Hi there, > > Outlook 2003 > > In what folder is all my Outlook details stored....

find data in multiple open workbooks
Im looking to find data in multiple workbooks that are all opened at once. Is there a way of doing this? ...

Modifying chart-Data and formatting
Noob here so I'll try not to test your patience. I've been handed some existing word doc's to modify. I'm adding some VBA programming to speed up data entry of a Test Data Record for one of our products. The doc has one embedded chart, which up to this point, the technician has had to open to gain access to the underlying data (excel spreadsheet). In the end, I'd like this doc to be a form, saved as a template. When the technician opens the template, he selects from a pull down menu (field), which upon exit, the chart is modified, preparing for when the techn...

CRM 1.2 Reports using external data...
Is this supported or not -- the KB says no... but I could have sworn that OLE DB and ODBC connections to external databases were supported in CRM 1.2??? Kristina It is not support. Thanks Hi, found an earlier post and you guys may like to try it out. Pls reply if you have any positive results. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.crm Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 12:30 AM Subject: Re: data sources for Crystal Reports > Mark > > You would need to get a file called crdb_odbc.dl...

Data output from Payment Processing
Hi all, I am in Mexico and I need to connect my RMS to a payment processor and bank. Citibank DOES NOT offer the service in Mexico so there is not even that choice here. So I have some questions to try to mimic the Citibank / Vital system with my procesor / bank: 1) Does anybody knows what information is passed to the processor when a credit card, debit card and check is processed? 2) In what format is it passed? XML? 3) Is there a way to capture this information in a text file or the like by trying to send these transactions? The only thing I have is the DB table definitions on w...

Error 1004 using not contiguous data
Preface: sorry for my english. :) I faced with an annoying problem while chosing as "SeriesCollection" a not contiguous range in the same row. I don't know if i'm using the right word, the result of the recording of the desidered behaviour is: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "=(temp!R1C4,temp!R1C6,temp!R1C8)" This is wonderful and works fine. Actually my macro works with dynamic data, that's why i cannot use this fixed formula. So, my Sub creates the desidered range using a series of such a cycle: Dim rZona(5) As String Dim rZ(5) As Range If (h...

++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++
Hi, ++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++ This is currently limited to a couple of functions to change to and from hex. The programmers in MS (along with thousands of engineers worldwide) would surely benefit if excel could natively support hex numbers. At the very least, could the HEX2DEC function be altered to do automatic sign extension? We (global org, 100,000+ employees) are finding ourselves creating macro's to take in a 16-bit hex no, discover if it is signed, and then pad it out to move the sign up to bit 40. This is surely more messy than it has to be - doe...

Making my own data file (pst) the outlook today file
I have just setup Outlook 2003. I have opened my old PST file. I wish to use this and make this my default data file. I will therefore not require the Personal Folder which is the Outlook today default I think I need to make my opened PST file the default file before I can delete the Personal Folders file But how do I do this...... Thanks Go to Tools | E-mail Accounts, select View or change existing e-mail accounts, click Next, and then choose your preferred file in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" dropdown box. Click Finish, and then you will be able to close...

Independent dialogs
Hi all, I have a project with 2 dialogs, called CMyLoginDlg, CMyMainDlg First, my app begin to run, it will display a Login Dialog (MyLoginDlg variable ), then logining ok, it will display Main Dialog (MyMainDlg variable), In this time, we need also to go back Login Dialog for some reasons. My question, we can have any way to change m_pMainWnd variable in CMyApp::InitInstance() function, so user can still see my app on taskbar when i go back the Login dialog and hide MainDlg? Currently, m_pMainWnd variable point to MyMainDlg variable. When i go back Login Dialog, i need to hide Main...

change Data Type in a table with one click
I'm making this database for other users. They just have to import an Excel file in to the Access and it has to print a report. By clicking a button, this will run a macro to run a query on the table and change amounts and filter records. Then has to link another table to get a specific card number for the matching name. But the column of the imported file is text and it has to be linked or match a column with data type number. How can I also automate the Datatype of the table from text to number (long integer)? Please help... ...

COmpany Independent
All, Is User Class company independent? I mean once we define a user class, will it be visible in all the companies? Pavan Yes, once you define a user class it will be available in all your GP companies. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Pavan" <Pavan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CF20C4A-2F2D-4DDE-A9D6-A9445EBA5F74@microsoft.com... > All, > > Is User Class company independent? I mean once we define a user class, > will > it be visible in all the companies? > > Pavan > ...

SQL Report using data from Multiple GP Companies
Is it possible to create a SQL Reporting Services report that will pull the same fields of data from more than one GP company? For instance, we have a customer that would like to pull Fixed Asset information from multiple GP companies. (Asset ID, Asset Description, Original Life in Years, Placed in Service Date, Cost Basis, Accumulated Depreciation, Net Book Value). I would assume you would have to create a data connections for each GP Company. But then would you create a separate table on the report for each company? Or would you use subreports? Just wondering if anyone has done it and...

Custom data validation problem
I would like to validate cells according to the following rule ... The cell can contain the following: A single zero "0" or a single period "." or a string of any length consisting of the letters R, W, B, L Eg all the following are valid 0 .. rrr bbbbb bbrrl l wrbblllrrrrbbbbbb The following are invalid 00 0r rrrbbbh ..rbl Is this possible using a custom validation? Thanks in advance. Neil How about: Data|Validation|Custom: formula is: =OR(A1=0,A1="0",A1=".", SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(lower(A1),"r",""),&qu...

data ~ get external data
I have an Excel spreadsheet in Office 2000 for which a query was added using a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 data source (I asked it to create this datasource, and then entered the database server name and SQL table name to display). I told the query to 'return results back into Excel', and it did this at the row and column specified. Data can then be refreshed at will, and I can even go back in to edit the query and change its parameters. However, for some reason after closing and re-opening the spreadsheet a number of times I can no longer edit the query. When doing a DATA ~ GET EXTERN...

auto updating source data
Hi I have a matrice that looks something like this: A B 1 service 1000 2 maintenence 500 3 transport 300 4 service 200 5 6 7 8 and from this I like to make a pie-chart with procentage of the costs. The problem is that I never know how many rows I will have and I would like to make my chart's source- data updated automaticaly, so I would have to specify it manually each time. Is this possible? will be thankfull for any comments tnx ...

Counting data in a range
I want to count a specific data item from a range e.g. say the data below was in column A and B on a spreadsheet: Department Name SALES John SALES Fred IT Sue FINANCE Stu SALES Jo HR Steve I want to count the number of times SALES occurs. I've tried DCOUNT/DCOUNTA but haven't got this to work. Any help appreciated! =COUNTIF(A:A,"sales") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D07D4B0-5824-4C11-8EF2-73CDF831C37F@microsoft.com......

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to dat.
Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to data markers in xy plot chart. I'm sure I could do it in Lotus 123 You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Peter Sailing by wrote: > Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to data markers in > xy plot chart. I'm sure I could do it in Lotus 123 -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html In addition to t...

Data Migration Problem #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C4C0C4.D0290A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bonjour all, I have been struggling with the data migration problem for a long = time... and get stuck in the middle of the road. I am importing company data from either excel or text files into the = cdf_Product table of SQL server (cdf_mscrm database) using the SQL Query = Analyzer, where a problem is encountered that in the table structure, = there exists the product id as the primary key (data type: SQLI...

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Shifting data
I have a very long column of data around 5000 cells long. Is there a way to shift just the even or just the odd cells to the next column? The evens are names.. the odds are offices. I need to be able to categorize them. There must be a way I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance Tony, try- =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,$A2,"") OR---- =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,$A2,"") regards, JohnI "Tony Corneto" <tony@orbitaltours.com> wrote in message news:39d301c374c4$b8c3fd50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a very long column of data around 5000 cells > long...

Can you have multiple, independent clipboard entries simultaneousl
Very often I want to copy and paste several different, widely separated things from a web page and it would be great if after Control C you could do a Control Something Else and then a Control Something Elser and have them all in your clipboard when you're ready to paste. (Of course you'd also have to have a Control V then Control V1 and Control V2 or its equivalent.) Is this possible? I have a cheap pocket calculator with 3 different memory stores so there is precedent. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Very often I want to copy and paste several dif...

Joining Similar Data in a query
I need to be able to join data that is similar though not exact. The data is street address - some of the recoreds are Street vs St, some are 125 Main St vs 125 Main. I know it won't be perfect but I was hoping to gain more matches - is there any way that this can be done? Thanks No, not right out of the box. You can imply a VBA function, defined in a standard module, which will return true, or false, accordingly to the logic you will add in it. SELECT a.address, b.address FROM table1 AS a INNER JOIN table2 AS b ON AreTheyAlike( table1.address, table2.address) ORDER BY a.ad...

Independently set columns windows live mail (IMAP)
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Word is independently editing my manuscript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I reformatted a book manuscript and repaginated, word - on its own (as unbelievable as that may be), changed some of the book characters names. For example, &quot;Mary called Joe on the phone&quot; became &quot;Mary called Mary on the phone.&quot; I didn't do any searches to change copy, I didn't have &quot;Mary&quot; or &quot;Joe&quot; in anything that would be autocorrected. <br><br>Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong. I now have to proofread the e...